Bangladesh tour of India (2024)

Better player of spin than KL any day.

There is no sense in playing a 32 year old player who avgs 34..
KL Rahul has experience and I think he can play spin well on turning tracks.

It's still early days for Sarfaraz in international cricket so I wouldn't take the risk of replacing him with KL Rahul.

KL Rahul has experience and I think he can play spin well on turning tracks.

It's still early days for Sarfaraz in international cricket so I wouldn't take the risk of replacing him with KL Rahul.

KL has done nothing to deserve a chance. Nothing.

Avg of 34 after 50 tests tells us he isn't good enough to play for India in tests.

Rohit Sharma said following in the pre-series press conference before Tests against Bangladesh:

"Every team wants to defeat India, let them have their fun, maze lene do unko,"

"We know how to play our cricket. England also said a lot of things when they came here, but we never focused on them. We just want to have our preparations in place. Every team that comes to India, we study them well, and that’s what we’ll focus on."

Bangladesh bowling coach Hathurusingha said following in pre series press conference before clash against the Indian side:

"Miraz (Mehidy) I would say is the most improved Bangladeshi cricketer in the last five-six years. He's ready to take over when Shakib moves out,"

"He has developed his batting and obviously his bowling has always been his strength number one. And he's a gun fielder,"

"Against India, that's the best challenge you get nowadays in cricket. So playing against the best always gives you the perception of where you stand. As well as looking forward to, as sportsmen, we are looking forward to that challenge,"

Gautam Gambhir while addressing a press conference on the eve of the Chennai Test:

“I have been a big believer that we don’t fear anyone but we respect everyone. It is the same with Bangladesh. We don’t look at the opposition and we play the game we know.”

“I congratulate them (Bangladesh) for what they did in Pakistan. But this is a new series, and they are a quality side. We want to play good cricket. Yes, they have experience in Shakib (Al Hasan), Mushfiqur (Rahim), and Mehidy (Miraz) but we want to be switched on from ball one.”

Rohit Sharma said following in the pre-series press conference before Tests against Bangladesh:

"Every team wants to defeat India, let them have their fun, maze lene do unko,"

"We know how to play our cricket. England also said a lot of things when they came here, but we never focused on them. We just want to have our preparations in place. Every team that comes to India, we study them well, and that’s what we’ll focus on."
Rohit seems hungry (for vada pav) to win the wtc title.

Saw a nice clip of Indians practicing at Chepauk. Akash Deep was consistently troubling Kohli. To me, he looks a better bet to partner Bumrah.

Wasim Jaffer, former India opener, cautioned Rohit Sharma's team ahead of the Test series in a recent interview with local media:

"They have become better with experience. They were known to play well in Bangladesh, but lately they have also toured well. They have beaten New Zealand in New Zealand (2002 at Bay Oval, Mount Maunganu), beaten Pakistan in Pakistan. In limited overs cricket, they have done well in patches away from home. They have quite a few seniors to guide them. Shakib Al Hasan and Mushfiqur Rahim have been there for so long."

"I think they must have gained from Donald's work (he had joined in March, 2022 and was there till the 2023 ODI World Cup). Before that Courtney Walsh was also there. During that period Ebadot Hossain emerged, the likes of Taskin Ahmed and Mustafizur Rahman got better and now Nahid Rana has come up. With Shoriful Islam and Hasan Mahmud, they have four- five quality fast bowlers, who bowl 140-plus, that is what you need."

talkSPORT has put out an excellent preview/discussion ahead of the series featuring Jarrod Kimber, Bhogle and some Bangladeshi Journo.

The host knew his stuff and asked good questions, jarrod was usually good, and most surprisingly Bhogle didn't spout his usual inanities. I usually have no time for cricket articles, podcasts or any ex-cricketer holding forth but this was pretty good.

Back