Bangladesh U19s (282/8) defeat UAE U19s (87) by 195 runs in the final of the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2023

India has an absolute pop gun trundler bowling attack. The fact that you are dissing Ubaid and praising Indian bowlers lol
I don't remember an Ind attack this weak for a long while at u19. The spinners were worse than ours

Matches in progress.

Bangladesh U19 vs Japan U19
Japan U19 score 19-1 after lapse of 10 overs.

Sri Lanka U19 vs UAE U19
Sl U19 score 48/1(after 9 overs).

Score Updates:

Sri Lanka U19 vs UAE U19:
1st Innings, Sri Lanka are 187/7 in 45 overs

Japan U19 vs Bangladesh U19:
1st Innings, Japan are 89/7 in 43 overs

Strange that Aimal Khan is in traveling reserve and not in the squad even though he is quickest u19 pacer we have and was swinging the ball both ways and was hurrying SL U19 couple months ago (available on YouTube) and in PSL he was consistently in the mid to high 130s with top speed of 142k , surely he must be in the squad in place of Khubaib Khalil who picked 3 wickets in 7 Od games in national U19 cup although he scored some runs at an average of 35+ so he is more of an batting all rounder.

Surely if it’s not politics then I can’t see a reason of omitting a 140k pacer who can swing it both ways and yet include him as a traveling reserve , making no sense to me atleast.

May be they want to use it as a surprise weapon and X factor and unleash him in the worldcup directly then it will make some sense to include him as a reserve and keep him in practice , same they did with Zeeshan as they didn’t selected him against BD and SL U19 and directly took him to Asia cup

Score Updates
Japan U19 score 99 all out
Bangladesh U19 score 61/0 in 7 overs

Sri Lanka U19 score 219/9 (50 overs)
UAE U19 score 26/0 in 6 overs

Apart from zeeshan those other pacers in pakistan team look pretty ordinary, thats what happens in country where corruption and sifarish rules the roost.

Bangladesh-U19 clinches victory with a commanding 9-wicket win over Japan-U19, showcasing their cricket prowess.

20231211_174706.jpg

May be they want to use it as a surprise weapon and X factor and unleash him in the worldcup directly then it will make some sense to include him as a reserve and keep him in practice , same they did with Zeeshan as they didn’t selected him against BD and SL U19 and directly took him to Asia cup
Moyo has talked about utilizing rotation policy. I think these are hafeez’s directions who also appointed him as u-19 coach. And i love to see it!

Apart from zeeshan those other pacers in pakistan team look pretty ordinary, thats what happens in country where corruption and sifarish rules the roost.
Amir was swinging it. Maybe watch a few more matches.

Japans Blue cricket jersey during the bangladesh match looks amazing. Hoping to see more of Japan in the future, would be great to see them playing more cricket

The problem with both Amir and Ubaid is that they are very slow off the surface and batsmen have too much time playing them , I think they will struggle big time if there is no help on the surface and batsmen starts attacking them ,we can’t take both of them to SAF for U19 worldcup, one of them has to make way for Aimal Khan a proper fast bowler
Amir was swinging it. Maybe watch a few more matches.

I would personally retain Ubaid as he is a seam bowler and seam bowler can still extract some movement even on SAF flat wickets and plus he get some spongy bounce as well which might just do the job there as well but Amir Hasan will get slaughtered if there is no movement for him

Japans Blue cricket jersey during the bangladesh match looks amazing. Hoping to see more of Japan in the future, would be great to see them playing more cricket
Too many Blue teams already. India, England, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Scotland, Namibia. Japan wears Pink and they should wear pink as it makes them stand out like Netherlands with Orange and New Zealand with Black

Also Japan have rapidly improved in any sport they have picked up. They did it in field hockey and rugby too and now they have started to show signs of doing that in cricket too. Hoping Japan rises fast in cricket too. They beat u-19 teams of Malaysia, PNG, Hong Kong this year who are ranked higher than them at senior level and even played u-19 WCs too earlier and at senior level they beat higher ranked Vanuatu too

How come Sri Lanka can participate? Are they not banned by the ICC? Or does it not count for ACC events such as this one?

Too many Blue teams already. India, England, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Scotland, Namibia. Japan wears Pink and they should wear pink as it makes them stand out like Netherlands with Orange and New Zealand with Black

Also Japan have rapidly improved in any sport they have picked up. They did it in field hockey and rugby too and now they have started to show signs of doing that in cricket too. Hoping Japan rises fast in cricket too. They beat u-19 teams of Malaysia, PNG, Hong Kong this year who are ranked higher than them at senior level and even played u-19 WCs too earlier and at senior level they beat higher ranked Vanuatu too
I agree their is too many blue colored jerseys, I was just pointing out their blue jersey looked really nice, I also like their pink one as well, Japan red and black would look cool too, if they ever did that.

Regarding their rise in sports, your right, they have risen very well in field hockey and rugby and regarding the results they got in cricket it does look promising

Strange that Aimal Khan is in traveling reserve and not in the squad even though he is quickest u19 pacer we have and was swinging the ball both ways and was hurrying SL U19 couple months ago (available on YouTube) and in PSL he was consistently in the mid to high 130s with top speed of 142k , surely he must be in the squad in place of Khubaib Khalil who picked 3 wickets in 7 Od games in national U19 cup although he scored some runs at an average of 35+ so he is more of an batting all rounder.
He is overage by at least 3 years

@Muhammad Saad proven wrong again. He called Afghan and Indian bowlers better than Pakistani lol and today Afghans got pummeled by Pakistani bats as well after India. And then Pakistani bowlers ran a train on Afghan bats. I understand criticism but making up unnecessary stuff is just bad.

Big thanks to Mr Shah for giving birth to three solid fast bowlers for Pakistan team haha

Mentally these PJL kids look class apart. Don't think I've seen this recently in young generation of Pakistan Cricket.

It's evident most of them come from educated and well rounded households. Almost all of them speaking English

The way Khubaib was extracting bounce from the pitch was beautiful to see. Absolutely loving the U-19 team. Keep it up boys! Great selection from Sohail. Great mentality and confidence from Hafeez and Moyo.

@Muhammad Saad proven wrong again. He called Afghan and Indian bowlers better than Pakistani lol and today Afghans got pummeled by Pakistani bats as well after India. And then Pakistani bowlers ran a train on Afghan bats. I understand criticism but making up unnecessary stuff is just bad.
I said that Naman and Khalel are faster then our pacers and I am proven right actually if you have seen them bowl

Or just wait for the U19 wordcup and see the speeds for yourself and then tell me whether I was right or wrong

Even though Raj from India picked up 7 wickets against Nepal I still rate Naman over him as he is a proper fast bowler which has high ceiling than Raj ,

Or just wait for the U19 wordcup and see the speeds for yourself and then tell me whether I was right or wrong
Or wait for them to play dominating shots like Tendulkar. It's not about speed you called the other bowlers better.

You were writing off every single player in PJL too.

And I don’t bash players for no reason I only bash them if they are mediocre and hyped up for no reason , first over from Khubaib and he instantly showed his talent but in the second spell he lost his pace and zip which is not good for a young guy
Shamyl is really top notch talent and very modern day batter , Azan and Shahzaib are also good and having good potential, Saad Baig is just not good enough, Riaz ullah plays spin very well but struggles against pure pace, Tayyab is one for the future and shouldn’t be playing unless there is dead rubber match, Ubaid is good for now because of we don’t have any other good bowler , Zeeshan is again top notch talent , Amir Hasan should never play again for U19 team , Arafat Minhas is nothing more than a part time spinner and definitely not allrounder, Ahmad Hussain can turn the ball but at low pace and is not accurate enough as well , Naveed Ahmed khan doesn’t spin it much but keeps it tight

Or wait for them to play dominating shots like Tendulkar. It's not about speed you called the other bowlers better.

You were writing off every single player in PJL too.
Shamyl did what I was hoping for our batter to do, I never called other bowlers better but called them more pacier which is indeed true and yes I didn’t rated PJL talent it was mediocre but highly polished , I always said that in next few editions of PJL we will start getting highly talented players.

I said that Naman and Khalel are faster then our pacers and I am proven right actually if you have seen them bowl
When pakistan have fast bowlers the excuse is they don't swing the bowl and know that they are trying to move the ball the excuse is they ain't quick enough.

UAE-U19 triumphed over Japan-U19 by 107 runs, securing their place in the semi-finals with an impressive performance.

20231213_180358.jpg

Ashiqur Rahmna Shibil of Bangladesh-U19 with 242 runs surpasses Azan Awais of Pakistan-U19 with 181 runs on the batting charts.

1702546249461.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Raj Limbani of India-U19 is leading in the wicket-taking charts, showcasing an impressive tally. He shares the top spot with Mohammad Zeeshan of Pakistan-U19.

20231214_181140.jpg

Bangladesh-U19 clinches victory by 4 wickets against India-U19, securing a thrilling ticket to the finals. The cricketing arena buzzes with excitement as Bangladesh charts their course to championship glory.

20231215_180746.jpg

UAE-U19 triumphs by 11 runs against Pakistan-U19, securing a spot in the finals. A heart-stopping match showcasing the essence of cricket's exhilarating unpredictability. Congratulations team UAE

20231215_181105.jpg

India U19 and Pakistan U19 are both out of the U19 Asia Cup 2023.

Bangladesh U19 and UAE U19 have advanced to the finals. It's a significant achievement for Bangladesh U19 and, especially, UAE U19 to reach the final of the ACC U19 Asia Cup 2023.

Congratulations to both BD U19 and UAE U19 .
BD U19 HAS CHANCE TO CLAIM THE TITLE FOR THE FIRST TIME. GOOD LUCK.

Bangladesh-U19 clinches victory by 4 wickets against India-U19, securing a thrilling ticket to the finals. The cricketing arena buzzes with excitement as Bangladesh charts their course to championship glory.

View attachment 140255

BANGLADESH CLINCHES SEMIFINAL VICTORY OVER INDIA IN ACC U19 ASIA CUP

In a thrilling semifinal at the ICC Academy Ground No 2 in Dubai, Bangladesh emerged victorious over India by 4 wickets, securing their spot in the ACC U19 Asia Cup final. Winning the toss and opting to field, Bangladesh displayed a formidable bowling performance, restricting India to 188 in 42.4 overs.

India faced an uphill battle from the start, losing early wickets with Adarsh Singh and Arshin Atul Kulkarni departing for low scores. The middle order, led by Priyanshu Suresh Bhai Moliya (19) and Sachin Dhas (16), tried to stabilize the innings, but consistent pressure from Bangladesh’s bowlers kept them in check. The standout performance for India came from Murugan Abhishek, who scored a fighting 62 off 74 balls. However, Maruf Mridha’s impressive 4-wicket haul and Rohanat Doullah Borson’s two wickets ensured that India’s innings didn’t gather the desired momentum.

In response, Bangladesh had a shaky start, losing early wickets, including Jishan Alam and Chowdhury Md Rizwan. The turning point of the chase was Ariful Islam’s remarkable innings of 94 off 90 balls, infused with 9 fours and 4 sixes. Ahrar Amin also contributed a crucial 44, helping to build a significant partnership. Despite a few jitters towards the end, Bangladesh reached the target with four wickets in hand, thanks to a disciplined batting approach.

This victory for Bangladesh was a display of their resilience and ability to perform under pressure. Their balanced attack in both batting and bowling was key to overcoming a strong Indian side. The win sets Bangladesh up for a high-profile final in the ACC U19 Asia Cup, where they will look to carry forward their winning momentum. For India, it was a tough end to a competitive campaign, but the team showed promise and potential throughout the tournament.

Source: ACC

UAE is led by Ayaaz Afzal Khan, who has been playing for the UAE national team for a few years as well as in T20 leagues. He knows how to handle pressure and has guided his side well.

Bangladesh U19 282/8 (50 overs)

UAE U19 87 (All Out, 24.5 overs)

Bangladesh U19 win by 195 runs

Congratulations to Bangladesh for winning the ACC Men's U19 Asia Cup 2023

20231217_163916.jpg

20231217_165632.jpg

Last edited:
BANGLADESH CROWNED CHAMPIONS IN THE ACC U19 ASIA CUP 2023.

In the grand finale of the ACC U19 Asia Cup at the ICC Academy, Dubai, Bangladesh showcased a masterclass in cricket, overpowering UAE with a massive 195-run victory. The match was a testament to Bangladesh's dominance in the tournament, as they clinched the title with an all-around performance.

Electing to field first after winning the toss, UAE faced an onslaught from a determined Bangladesh batting lineup. The star of the show was Ashiqur Rahman Shibli, who not only bagged the Player of the Match for his outstanding 129 off 149 balls but also earned the Player of the Series title for amassing 378 runs throughout the tournament. His innings, combined with vital contributions from the rest of the lineup, propelled Bangladesh to a formidable total of 282/8 in 50 overs.

UAE’s chase never got off the ground, as they were systematically dismantled by Bangladesh's incisive bowling. UAE's batters struggled to build partnerships against the disciplined attack, with Dhruv Parashar’s 25 off 40 balls being the top score. Bangladesh's bowlers, especially Sheikh Paevez Jibon and Rohanat Doullah Borson, were lethal, with Borson taking 3 wickets and Jibon chipping in with 2 crucial wickets. UAE was eventually bowled out for a mere 87 in 24.5 overs.

This victory marks a significant achievement for Bangladesh , underlining their growing prowess in youth cricket. The team's balanced strength in both batting and bowling was on full display throughout the tournament. For UAE, reaching the finals was a commendable feat, showcasing their potential and promise. The final match was a celebration of the emerging, with Bangladesh firmly establishing themselves as the champions of the ACC U19 Asia Cup.

Source: ACC

U-19 team keep on changing. Don't stay the same.

But, yeah. BD U-19 team tend to do much better than the senior team.

Yeah I know, perhaps I should have been clearer. That their U19 teams over the years have been very competitive.

They will be U19 world cup favorites. India has to shore up their bowling resources and batting resources to dominate world cup like last 4 editions.

Back