Bangladesh v Pakistan | 1st Test | Chittagong | 09-13/12/11 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anakwalajinn

ODI Debutant
Runs
Assalamu Aleikum!

So, toss has been won by The :misbah and bowling first it is!

Pakistan team
Mohammad Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal†, Abdur Rehman, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Aizaz Cheema

Bangladesh team
Tamim Iqbal, Shahriar Nafees, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim*†, Elias Sunny, Mahmudullah, Nasir Hossain, Nazimuddin, Rubel Hossain, Mohammad Ashraful, Shahadat Hossain

will we ever bat first with Misbah being Test captain? ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Walaikum Asalam

I'm not sure why we are bowling first that too in Bangladesh. The ball will turn miles on day 5. I missed the toss but did Misbah give any reasoning for bowling first?

Why are we batting first?

Pitch Report: This is a used pitch. It looks like a good pitch for batting. The average first innings score is around 350. The spinners will come into play later during the innings. Day 1 should be a good batting day, reckons Ranil Abeysinghe

This decision can backfire big time. One bad batting performance and you are facing tough 4th innings against their spinners.

Not long to go, good decision to bowl first against a minnow. Pakistan to win this easily. Go PAK! :)

Emad: "In the ten test matches Pakistan have played since Misbah took over as Captain they have NEVER batted first..."

Emad: "In the ten test matches Pakistan have played since Misbah took over as Captain they have NEVER batted first..."

In the ten test matches Pakistan have played since Misbah took over as captain, they have ONLY lost once!

And how many tosses has :misbah won out of those 10?

My take on this: Always support the captain and the team no matter what and make the assesment and review AFTER the game. If they thought it was a good decision bowling first, then good for them and we as fans should support them in that instead of crying this and that before the game has even started.

It's not the end of the world if he decided to bowl first :facepalm:

why is Umar Akmal not playing? Is he injured or just kept out?

again a bad decision by Misbah :facepalm:

lol, the game hasn't even started yet!

Have you assessed the pitch and the conditions, or do you have better cricketing knowledge than misbah and the management?

The only reasoning I can think of behind bowling first is that Mishbaaah wants to win by an innings. :)

Misbah reads the pitch well.

If this is a spinning pitch, what's the logic behind bowling first?

Good opening start for Bangladesh - 2/0 and more importantly lasting over 4 overs.

Faring better than they did in the ODIs at the moment. The longest they lasted in the ODIs was 3.3 overs.

Now it's up to the middle order to build on the relatively solid start provided by the openers.

Good opening start for Bangladesh - 2/0 and more importantly lasting over 4 overs.

Faring better than they did in the ODIs at the moment. The longest they lasted in the ODIs was 3.3 overs.

Now it's up to the middle order to build on the relatively solid start provided by the openers.

:)) :))
:manzoor

why has pakistan just gone with 2 fast bowlers ... are they crazzy :S !!!

At least Tamim Iqbal was able to more than double his accumulated score from the ODI series. It's just a pity he hardly scored anything in the ODIs.

My take on this: Always support the captain and the team no matter what and make the assesment and review AFTER the game. If they thought it was a good decision bowling first, then good for them and we as fans should support them in that instead of crying this and that before the game has even started.

It's not the end of the world if he decided to bowl first :facepalm:

Agreed

ALso good team selection!

At least Tamim Iqbal was able to more than double his accumulated score from the ODI series. It's just a pity he hardly scored anything in the ODIs.

Averaged 1.33 @ SR 28.57 for the ODI series. :razzaq

He's bowling 140ks, seaming, great seam position for swing, really nice form he's in.

Very good line and length ... he is making batsman play ... batsmen are bit slow to react. Very good bowling ... not wasting new ball.

At this rate, when does follow on start for Bangla? after tea?

just kidding :yk

Ok I don't want sledge Ashraful today ... don't feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back