Bangladesh v Sri Lanka | 2nd Test | Chittagong | 3-7 Dec 08

Lankan batting is getting worse and worse. Even reliable Sanga is not scoring these days like he used to. Mahela and Samraweera will have to resurrect their innings once again.

sri lanka bowling is killer but the batting is very fragile. expect Gul, Tanvir & Akhtar to run through it without much trouble

BD have been fighting really hard they deserve a test win.

I think if SL are kept under 300 and are bowled out on day 1 then BD might have a chance to win by getting lead in first inning but it would be difficult for them because Mendis is back

Test match is all about winning sessions. They are consistently bowling well. Sakeb is an exciting addition to their bowling line up.

minhasuz said:
BD have been fighting really hard they deserve a test win.
Ball is turning from the first day,It will be interesting to see how BD batsmans handle murali and mendis

^^BD seemed to handle Murali little bit but it would be really hard for them to handle Mendis

Dilshan seems to be in a T20 mood. Didn't see him playing it like that over here in Canada during those T20 matches.

Bangladesh have let a gr8 postion slip and are almost already looking at damage control on day 1!

day 2,
and 2 wkts already for Bangladesh, Kapugadera out on 96 lbw to Shakib and Vaas out too.

Ash needs to play a big innings over here

Last edited:
A wicket falls Junaid goes

Fernando to Junaid Siddique, OUT, I don't think Junaid even picked that up, Fernando gets it to swing in late and at a good pace from over the wicket, the ball heads for the base of the offstump bur Junaid's too late in getting his bat down to dig it out and the bails are splattered. He was clearly beaten for pace and he looked dazed as he walked back
Junaid Siddique b Fernando 28 (119m 89b 3x4 0x6) SR: 31.46

minhasuz said:
A wicket falls Junaid goes

Fernando to Junaid Siddique, OUT, I don't think Junaid even picked that up, Fernando gets it to swing in late and at a good pace from over the wicket, the ball heads for the base of the offstump bur Junaid's too late in getting his bat down to dig it out and the bails are splattered. He was clearly beaten for pace and he looked dazed as he walked back
Junaid Siddique b Fernando 28 (119m 89b 3x4 0x6) SR: 31.46

:asif

Why does Ashraful pwn Sri Lanka so hard? If he didnt have a good record against the Lankans, he'd definitely be dropped. This tour was very well timed. Now he'll spend another 5 years lolling around the Bangladeshi side, pushing them further down the barrel.

Jamal said:

Why does Ashraful pwn Sri Lanka so hard? If he didnt have a good record against the Lankans, he'd definitely be dropped. This tour was very well timed. Now he'll spend another 5 years lolling around the Bangladeshi side, pushing them further down the barrel.

No Jamal, he will lulz ! :)))

Shakib scores a golden duck...seems like bangladesh will be starting their 2nd innings soon enough

Jamal said:

If you had given that many chances to Kenya to play Test, Tikolo would have reached 3000 test runs by now.

Expected. Mendis is going to outperform until all the batsmen come out with some strategy against him. I don't think that is realistic. Especially tailenders are going to be clueless against him even if Top order batsmen come up with a strategy. But Zaheer khan somehow made 34 at no.11 while facing 40 deliveries from mendis.

IronMan2009 said:
Expected. Mendis is going to outperform until all the batsmen come out with some strategy against him. I don't think that is realistic. Especially tailenders are going to be clueless against him even if Top order batsmen come up with a strategy. But Zaheer khan somehow made 34 at no.11 while facing 40 deliveries from mendis.

I don't believe in this theory of people will play him better one they solve his mystery. I see no mystery to him, his carrom ball will continue to bamboozle batsman this is because with the same action he can make it go straight as well make it deviate if Kumble could go on to take so many wickets then Mendis would aswell who I consider a better bowler then Anil

Xoib said:
I don't believe in this theory of people will play him better one they solve his mystery. I see no mystery to him, his carrom ball will continue to bamboozle batsman this is because with the same action he can make it go straight as well make it deviate if Kumble could go on to take so many wickets then Mendis would aswell who I consider a better bowler then Anil

For some bowlers it applies. Mendis is one because of his freak action.
Till such times you can see cluster of wickets falling to him

IronMan2009 said:
For some bowlers it applies. Mendis is one because of his freak action.
Till such times you can see cluster of wickets falling to him

yup he might not keep on picking them at mid-teens but I believe he would still end up with a sub-25 bowling avg which is still very very good.

IronMan2009 said:
What a mental shot from Ashraful :)) They have to drop him just for this shot.

He thinks he's Kevin Pietersen.

any link plz?? a bit of quality justin tv is **** man

SL wants to give Dilshan a chance to score 200 i think. Bangladesh is Pathetic.

Dilshan has to be one of teh most over-rated batsmen I ever seen. Looks very ugly to watch.

Amir said:
Dilshan has to be one of teh most over-rated batsmen I ever seen. Looks very ugly to watch.

What about "The Great Unwatchable" Hashan Tillekeratne?

Hurry up and let Mendis bowl Mahela.

BD never seem to be that far behind, but they always get pwned in the end.

Sri Lanka should get declare, unless their batsmen are getting some batting practice out there. With a lead of 550+, I don't know how much more they want to score

Khabri420 said:
Sri Lanka should get declare, unless their batsmen are getting some batting practice out there. With a lead of 550+, I don't know how much more they want to score

They just like to torture Bangladesh. This is going to be their 12 test win over Bangladesh in 12 Tests.

IronMan2009 said:
They just like to torture Bangladesh. This is going to be their 12 test win over Bangladesh in 12 Tests.

Surprise, Surprise :D

Lead is over 600, why isn't Mahela declaring now ? This is farcical !

Declaration made, Bangladesh have lost both openers and need 596 more runs. :)))

Mendis.

Has 1 wicket so far for 31 wickets in his fourth Test at an average of 18.

Mendis

Wicket number 3 - Ashraful

Bang 4/42

Can they survive today? 40 overs left.

Murali is pissed, he's still not brought in and Mendis is getting all the wickets.

buddhika_s said:
Murali is pissed, he's still not brought in and Mendis is getting all the wickets.

Poor Murali, he never gets to take cheap wickets against the minnows.

Random Aussie said:
Poor Murali, he never gets to take cheap wickets against the minnows.

I think he's had enough beside he has to take all those cheap wickets against England.

Shakib Al Hassan dishing out some damage to Mendis - 18 runs from his past 2 overs.

Sri Lanka ever so slightly one dimensional in their bowling.

Dilshan has gone beserk, 3 wickets in 3 overs and the Desh are 8/154, 470 runs behind.

Solo update service here, Dilshan gets another and the Desh are going to lose by an epic margin.

Dilshan gets 4, Bangladesh lose by 465 runs, the fifth worst defeat in terms of runs ever.

I guess Dilshan might be in for a shout for man of the match ;)

Back