Basketball anyone?

iZeeshan

Senior Test Player
Runs
Anyone here a diehard fan of NBA Basketball? I know I am.

What's your favorite team? player?

Your thoughts on the draft.

I am all for the Pacer's Jermaine O'neal.

AmitMishra bowls wrongun said:
find it boring i have to say.

wasnt there an amazing Muslim basketball player?

There were two:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar of the Bucks and Lakers and Hakeen Olajuwon of the Rockets

Yes i watch it...follow the toronto raptors.....all time fav player was michael jordan
player i hate the most is vince carter...i use to love him...but i didnt like what he did to toronto...where he stopped trying

i like the NJ nets with carter,kidd and jefferson and for me they got the steal of the draft with with marcus williams

What are your thoughts on the FIBA championship, the last two trips for us have been dissappointing but they have a very good team this team.

Lebron James, Dwayane Wade, and Carmelo Anthony on the same team equivalant of Inzimam, Ponting and Dravid on the same team

Not a diehard fan but still like to watch the Lakers and the playoffs

Fav players...Wade, Iverson and Kobe
Fav team.....Lakers

I heard no great talent is coming up this year! The 03 draft was incredible, i would say the 03 draft even beats the 92 draft! BTW what's the latest on Amare, will be play for the Suns and what's your opinion on Ben Wallace's move to go to the bulls?

PlanetPakistan said:
Not a diehard fan but still like to watch the Lakers and the playoffs

Fav players...Wade, Iverson and Kobe
Fav team.....Lakers

I heard no great talent is coming up this year! The 03 draft was incredible, i would say the 03 draft even beats the 92 draft! BTW what's the latest on Amare, will be play for the Suns and what's your opinion on Ben Wallace's move to go to the bulls?

amare will be back for phoneix and the Ben Wallace move really helps bulls and at the same time hurts pistons

I recommend the Netflix documentary The Last Dance to any basketball fans.

come on man I thought Knicks fans are supposed to be loyal even tho they been bad forever.

Yeah no!
Enough of this loyalty b*, Knicks been losing for decades I ain't with that loser crap team
Purple and yellow all the way!

NBA thread is good for that
@Raymman is also a big fan I think

Ima NBA fan but I like to play alot of ball. I think if I had to choose cricket or basketball I'm taking basketball hands down. I'm sure there are others like me lol there has to be.

Ima NBA fan but I like to play alot of ball. I think if I had to choose cricket or basketball I'm taking basketball hands down. I'm sure there are others like me lol there has to be.

Me too.. :)
I don't think cricket is all that good from a viewers perspective

Me too.. :)
I don't think cricket is all that good from a viewers perspective

yah that's true the other day my younger brother who's 17 came into the living room and I was watching India vs England day 1 and he watched a over and he said "this is the most dull sport I ever seen in my life" and left lol

yah that's true the other day my younger brother who's 17 came into the living room and I was watching India vs England day 1 and he watched a over and he said "this is the most dull sport I ever seen in my life" and left lol
I love basketball, but cricket is better

Test cricket is not the best example to show "exciting cricket" to a casual

I absolutely love Basketball. Before getting married, I was watching roughly 30% of the regular season games(All 30 teams), but now only stick to following Raptors, which is my home team. As for Raptors, I rarely miss a game and when I do, it is not by choice :)

Started watching Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty. All about the professional and personal lives of the 1980s Los Angeles Lakers.

Very good so far.

I've been watching a series called Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty which is based on the book Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s

Brilliant to watch.

Yawn. What a boring boring sport.

As always the Olympics is so much fun from the events we know so little to my favourite sports. But 2 things stood out.

1- break dancing should and will be scrapped
2- basketball is as boring as the world thinks it is.

As always the Olympics is so much fun from the events we know so little to my favourite sports. But 2 things stood out.

agreed
will take that ove the 90 minute snoozefest that is soccer

It’s one of the most exciting sports. You don’t know what you’re saying

It’s one of the most exciting sports. You don’t know what you’re saying
It's actually not that popular outside of America, in fact that's the case with most American sports. They are extremely popular at home but apart from a few other countries the rest of the world doesn't follow or play them.

Basketball is probably the least boring for the 3 major sports in America. American Football is by far and away the most boring sport in the world, I honestly would rather watch darts or lawn bowling. Baseball is not far behind.

As for Basketball the problem is that the first 3 quarters of the match lack any intensity and it's almost like going through the motions. Yes sometimes the final few mins can take out but that is so predictable.

I have tried to watch as many sports as possible during this Olympics and there are some that I won't watch again for 4 years and there are some I may start following. I've really taken a liking to middle and long distance running for example. But basketball is one of those I will not follow and hopefully it never really takes off here in the UK.

Another problem with Basketball is the clear advantage being tall has, in Football (soccer), Tennis, Athletics for example there are no clear advantages with being a certain height. Messi, Alcaraz, Agassi, Modric, African long distance runners are all much shorter than their peers and there are so many other examples I could give.

All American sports are awful.

Now you’re talking about popularity. Which is also subjective. Basketball is played everywhere in the world and Jordan, Kobe, Lebron are some one of the most recognised athletes globally.

Back