BCCI's approach to BCB vs. PCB: Why the Disparity?

Rajdeep

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
One thing is clear that secular India is surrounded by fanatical nations from all sides. It is unfortunate but lets keep the politics aside for some other time and talk about cricket. More specifically, lets talk about BCCI and how it deals with other boards.

We have banned all bilateral cricket ties with Pakistan in the pretext that they kill Indians by the act of terrorism. However, they are happy to host BCB even though Hindus/Christians are regularly getting attacked there and lining up the eastern border to enter India in desperation.

The situation is so bad that ICC pulled out the 2024 T20 WC (womens) from Bangladesh. However, I have no doubt if and when next ICC event takes place BCCI will have no issue sending its team there. A courtesy they would never extend to Pakistan and not send Indian team to play in Champions trophy.

Indian players forced by BCCI to take knee for George Floyd and BLM but not even spot a black arm band showing solidarity for hindus while playing against Bangladesh.

So the question is - Is BCCI stance hypocritical while dealing with PCB compare to how it deal with other boards?

Both case are different.

India accused Pakistan for spreading the terrorism in india specially Jammu and Kashmir .

What has Bangladesh done to hindu community is highly condemnable but they have done in Bangladesh not in india .

India - Pakistan are traditionally arch rivals amd fought 4 wars directly .

Another point is I'm not entirely agree on BCCI policy regarding playing in ICC events with Pakistan .

Either they Play with them or not. They can't choose when they will Play or not.

Ideally india should go to pakistan for champion trophy bcz its an ICC events

Last edited by a moderator:
Diplomatically speaking, our country is not known for taking outright bold decisions, giving in to public demands so easily. This holds true for our dealings with all our neighbours. I am no one to say it’s a good or bad thing but it’s just our style. With Bangladesh despite public pressure, the government will take its time, until things settle down for both of us and then when the time is right to hold a mature discussions they will go for it.

To be honest, with Pakistan also we showed a lot of patience but eventually a combination of 2010 and the diplomatic incompetence of PCB led to the current situation.

With BCB, I don’t see us trying to create any issues unless the governments get involved due to severe public pressure and that is unlikely for the time being. Having said that we are carefully monitoring the situation in Bangladesh.

Back