BJP leader calls Masjid-gurdwara growth ‘problematic’, says ‘meant Masjid-madrasa’ as SGPC condemns

MP2011

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Post of the Week

New Delhi: Taking exception to BJP leader Sandeep Dayma calling an increase in the number of mosques and gurdwaras in the country “problematic”, the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) — which manages gurdwaras in the country — has alleged that such speeches were a “conspiracy by BJP leaders to defeat the thought of Guru Nanak Dev, which was done in the olden times also”.

Dayma has since apologised, but the SGPC condemned his clarification as well.

The controversy started Wednesday during Dayma’s address at a rally in Tijara, Rajasthan, in support of the party’s candidate from there, Baba Balaknath, after the latter had filed his nomination papers.

In his speech, Dayma said, “If the Congress candidate wins from this constituency, the number of masjids and gurdwaras will rise and that will be problematic for people living here.” He added that these would be uprooted once his party came to power.

Later, in a video apology the same day, shared by the SGPC on X, Dayma said: “During an election rally, I uttered wrong words…I wanted to say masjid-madrasa but somehow said gurdwara. I apologise to the entire Sikh community. The community has saved Hindus and Sanatana Dharma…I don’t know how I have made such a mistake.”

Despite seeing the kind of bigotry sanghis have exhibited over last decade, I'm still amazed to see this bigotry from this bigot. May be I've still hopes from India that things may still get better once sanghis get uprooted from India for good.

But things get bleak every day.

Why would BJP and RSS have any issue with Gurdwaras? Could be slip of a tongue.

Why would BJP and RSS have any issue with Gurdwaras? Could be slip of a tongue.
Lol, are you for real? Sanghis hate Sikhs with passion. Remove those saffron tinted glasses and you'll be able to see that.

Lol, are you for real? Sanghis hate Sikhs with passion. Remove those saffron tinted glasses and you'll be able to see that.
Oh right.

Can you show a few examples of hate crimes by Sanghis against Sikhs? Its seems like this is happening quite a bit like getting lynched by mobs for transporting beef.

I would like to know..

Wait a sec. His apology was only 50%. Has no leader from muslim society critisized/condemned his comments? These BJP leaders keep making negative commens about muslims in India, yet we hear muslims are completely fine in India. And what about the muslims within BJP, they haven't spoken either?

No problem Sandeep bhai and thank you for your clarification. I know many Indian muslims were upset that you had diluted your focus on them and are now happy that you have clarified they are the sole focus for your hate.

Oh right.

Can you show a few examples of hate crimes by Sanghis against Sikhs? Its seems like this is happening quite a bit like getting lynched by mobs for transporting beef.

I would like to know..
I think he's mixing up Canada with India

Wait a sec. His apology was only 50%. Has no leader from muslim society critisized/condemned his comments? These BJP leaders keep making negative commens about muslims in India, yet we hear muslims are completely fine in India. And what about the muslims within BJP, they haven't spoken either?
And this is why Shami stopped himself for doing a sajda. He is from Uttar Pradesh, the most backward state in India. These BJP politicians keep running their mouth against muslims and Indians living abroad keep saying 'sab changa si'. :inti

Not too long ago Mohan Bhagwat said he considers Jains, Sikhs and Buddhists as not any different from Hindus.

No wonder Sikhs always remain suspicious of sanghi intentions. Bigotry laced like comments like this will make them even more suspicious.

Not a fan of them, but good on SGPC to condemn this comment.

Muslims in sanghi ranks are docile to say the least, happy with what they are getting there.

Rest of the Muslims can't raise their voice for obvious reason.

Reactions: IAJ
If I remember correctly, Congress are the only ones that attacked Sikhs when Indira Gandhi died.

Still haven't replied to my post.

Feel free to prove me wrong about how Sanghis hate Sikhs with a passion, please show some examples like how Sikhs were massacred in the 80s under under the Congress regime.

:rabada2

Last edited by a moderator:
Because Sikh religion was formed specifically because Hindu religion was considered flawed and insufficient.
Yeah but I am sure Sanghis are aware of the can of Sikhs used to put on the Islamic invaders back in the day..

So surely Sanghis wouldnt have no hate for Sikhs..

If Sanghis do hate Sikhs I am still waiting on my boi MP2011 to show a few solid examples...

Yeah but I am sure Sanghis are aware of the can of Sikhs used to put on the Islamic invaders back in the day..

So surely Sanghis wouldnt have no hate for Sikhs..

If Sanghis do hate Sikhs I am still waiting on my boi MP2011 to show a few solid examples...
Like the African Americans Sikhs are now well assimilated in India.

African American Sikhs? what the heck! who are they? i have never seen one of them.
There is literally a Black Sikh Collective from 2-3 years..and they were ridiculed by the Jatt Sikhs.

I don’t understand this logic? Are you saying Shia sect came because Sunni was insufficient?
Shiite/Sunni divide came from a tragic event that was politicized. I don’t think that is an apt analogy. At the end of the day we all believe in the same articles of faith.

Shiite/Sunni divide came from a tragic event that was politicized. I don’t think that is an apt analogy. At the end of the day we all believe in the same articles of faith.
Whereas Hinduism and Sikhism are markedly different

African American Sikhs? what the heck! who are they? i have never seen one of them.
Lol😂

It was a analogy comparing how the many African Americans are integrated and patriotic Amrecicans. Just like many Sikhs of India who are integrated and patriotic Indians.

Whereas Hinduism and Sikhism are markedly different

They are different because the Sikh founder wanted separation from Hindu beliefs, otherwise there would have been no need to create a new religion. I have never seen any Sikhs claim that they are a subset of Hinduism, neither do their holy texts suggest this as far as I am aware. Buddhists likewise consider their belief as separate from Hinduism, they share as many traits with Islam as they do with Hinduism as all religions have some commonality.

Really RSS mobs were part of the blood lust that killed many Sikhs
Nope..

“It must be acknowledged that some leaders of the Sangh parivar and the RSS, including A.B.Vajpayee, went out of their way to help the Sikhs.So did men like Ram Jethmalani, Soli Sorabjee and a few others.”

From the horse’s mouth

————————

My family lost a person in this tragedy, burnt alive with his motorbike. (Sikh) Punjabi Hindus and Sikh suffered during Partition and then Sikhs and Radha Saomi Punjabis suffered again 1978-1984.

They are different because the Sikh founder wanted separation from Hindu beliefs, otherwise there would have been no need to create a new religion. I have never seen any Sikhs claim that they are a subset of Hinduism, neither do their holy texts suggest this as far as I am aware. Buddhists likewise consider their belief as separate from Hinduism, they share as many traits with Islam as they do with Hinduism as all religions have some commonality.
Yes they are distinct but I don’t understand your point here?

Guru Nanak Dev ji’s views on Islam are also available he didn’t consider Islam Buddhism Jainism Christianity ideal either..and he visited Mecca..

Yes they are distinct but I don’t understand your point here?

Guru Nanak Dev ji’s views on Islam are also available he didn’t consider Islam Buddhism Jainism Christianity ideal either..and he visited Mecca..

The point is that hindutvas consider Sikh religion as being a branch of Hinduism, whereas Sikhs don't. I have seen hindutvas describe Sikhs as the fighting arm of Hinduism for example. Don't ask me to explain this, I have no idea why this idea is propagated by hindutvas although I can understand the long game might be in play here.

The point is that hindutvas consider Sikh religion as being a branch of Hinduism, whereas Sikhs don't. I have seen hindutvas describe Sikhs as the fighting arm of Hinduism for example. Don't ask me to explain this, I have no idea why this idea is propagated by hindutvas although I can understand the long game might be in play here.
They are dumb if they think that. It can never be a branch of Hinduism, Its more like what Islam is to Christianity.

it has more correlation to Hinduism than Buddhism and Jainism though but still extremely distinct.

They are dumb if they think that. It can never be a branch of Hinduism, Its more like what Islam is to Christianity.

it has more correlation to Hinduism than Buddhism and Jainism though but still extremely distinct.
It is just our ( we Hindutva believers) inclusive nature. Supremacists try to disown others for small differences, while we include them based on small similarities. Hindutva is anti-supremacist.

Looks like our boi MP2011 is not gonna respond to my post, just gonna keep quiet

Is that what they teach you in Pakistani schools?

Lol

Lol

Lol

What???

Errrr I am asking to show evidence that RSS hates Sikhs like our boi MP2011 was claiming examples with hate crimes like what the Congress did during the riots against Sikhs etc, your articles proved nothing.

Just because one article refutes another one doesnt prove anything. There is absolutely no solid proof against RSS regarding the Sikh riots, it is all maybe, could be, might have, talk....

Then what was the need for a Sikh religion?
Sikhism was militarized to counter the Mughal oppression of Hindus. Otherwise, they would have remained like Jains of India. A sect that rejects Brahminical hegemony and blind rituals. I too reject the meaningless rituals. But I still remain a Hindu. There are many millions of Hindus who do not accept Vedas or their superiority.

Sikhism was militarized to counter the Mughal oppression of Hindus. Otherwise, they would have remained like Jains of India. A sect that rejects Brahminical hegemony and blind rituals. I too reject the meaningless rituals. But I still remain a Hindu. There are many millions of Hindus who do not accept Vedas or their superiority.

Do Sikhs accept their role as militarised Hindus? I have never heard any Sikh describe themselves as fighting arm of Hindus, this seems to be coming from some particularly fanatical hindutvas.

Do Sikhs accept their role as militarised Hindus? I have never heard any Sikh describe themselves as fighting arm of Hindus, this seems to be coming from some particularly fanatical hindutvas.
That is how it started when they militarized their new beliefs. Now they are a separate religion.

Stop replying on their behalf, then we can wait for a Sikh opinion rather than the hindutva slant.
I consider Hindus, Jains and Sikhs inseparable. The difference to me is how they interpret God and its Form.

Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism are all part of Sanatana Dharma which is an umbrella term for all modern India's beliefs. They are unique in their own ways, but share so much in common.

I consider Hindus, Jains and Sikhs inseparable. The difference to me is how they interpret God and its Form.

Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism and Buddhism are all part of Sanatana Dharma which is an umbrella term for all modern India's beliefs. They are unique in their own ways, but share so much in common.

You just said in your previous post to ask a Sikh, now you are piping up again on their behalf with your hindutva slant. We already know that take on it, but I don't think Sikhs themselves accept it.

You just said in your previous post to ask a Sikh, now you are piping up again on their behalf with your hindutva slant. We already know that take on it, but I don't think Sikhs themselves accept it.
This is my opinion as a Hindu. A Sikh can have a different opinion. Everyone has their interpretation and choice.

UP To Shift Unrecognised Madrasa Students To Schools, Muslim Body Objects

The Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind has demanded withdrawal of UP government's recent order directing that all students in unrecognised madrasas and non-Muslim students studying in government-aided madrasas should be shifted to government schools.

The Muslim organisation called the order "unconstitutional".

The then Uttar Pradesh chief secretary, Durga Shankar Mishra, in an order dated June 26 and issued to all the district magistrates of the state, cited a letter of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) dated June 7. The letter directed admitting all the non-Muslim students studying in the government-funded madrasas in the schools of the Basic Education Council for providing them formal education.

In the letter issued on June 26, it was also said all the children studying in all such madrasas of the state, which are not recognised by the Uttar Pradesh Madrasa Education Council, should also be given admission in council schools.

Committees should be formed at the district level by the district magistrates to implement the entire process, it said.

Meanwhile, terming the government order "unconstitutional" and an action violating the rights of minorities, the Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind has demanded its withdrawal.

In a statement issued on Thursday, it said, "Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind president Maulana Mahmood Asad Madni has written a letter to the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Government, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary, Minority Welfare and Waqf Uttar Pradesh and Director Minority Welfare UP and appealed to refrain from this unconstitutional action.

"It is known that on the basis of the correspondence of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), the UP government has issued instructions on June 26, 2024 that non-Muslim students studying in aided and recognized madrasas should be separated and they should be admitted to government schools. Similarly, all the students of unrecognized madrasas should be forcibly admitted to government primary schools for modern education," it said.

This order will affect thousands of independent madrasas in the state because Uttar Pradesh is the state where there are large independent madrasas, including Darul Uloom Deoband and Nadwatul Ulama, Madni added.

Madni clarified in his letter that NCPCR cannot give instructions to separate the children of aided madrasas on the basis of their religion. This is an act of dividing the country in the name of religion, he said.

Madni also said the UP government should understand that madrasas have a separate legal identity and status as recognised by section 1(5) of the Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 by exempting Islamic madrasas. Therefore, Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind demands that the government order of June 26 be withdrawn, he added.

UP has approximately 25,000 madrasas. Of these, 16,000 madrasas are government recognised, including 560 government-aided madrasas.

The Supreme Court had on April 5 stayed an Allahabad High Court order, which had declared the Uttar Pradesh Board of Madrasa Education Act, 2004, as "unconstitutional".

Hearing a bunch of appeals against the March 22 verdict of the Allahabad high court, a three-judge bench of Chief Justice of India D Y Chandrachud and justices J B Pardiwala and Manoj Misra said the order will would impinge on the future course of education of nearly 17 lakh students who are pursuing education in these madrasas.

Uttar Pradesh Madrasa Education Council president Iftikhar Ahmed Javed has also reacted to the development and said no student is forced to study in madrasas.

"All the non-Muslim students studying in madrasas are studying with the consent of their parents. In such a situation, forcibly enrolling them or students of unrecognised madrasas in council schools is beyond comprehension," he said.

According to Javed, there are 8,500 unaided madrasas in the state in which around seven lakh students are studying. They are proposed to be sent to the schools of the Basic Education Council, according to the government order, he said.

UP To Shift Unrecognised Madrasa Students To Schools, Muslim Body Objects

The Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind has demanded withdrawal of UP government's recent order directing that all students in unrecognised madrasas and non-Muslim students studying in government-aided madrasas should be shifted to government schools.

The Muslim organisation called the order "unconstitutional".

The then Uttar Pradesh chief secretary, Durga Shankar Mishra, in an order dated June 26 and issued to all the district magistrates of the state, cited a letter of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) dated June 7. The letter directed admitting all the non-Muslim students studying in the government-funded madrasas in the schools of the Basic Education Council for providing them formal education.

In the letter issued on June 26, it was also said all the children studying in all such madrasas of the state, which are not recognised by the Uttar Pradesh Madrasa Education Council, should also be given admission in council schools.

Committees should be formed at the district level by the district magistrates to implement the entire process, it said.

Meanwhile, terming the government order "unconstitutional" and an action violating the rights of minorities, the Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind has demanded its withdrawal.

In a statement issued on Thursday, it said, "Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind president Maulana Mahmood Asad Madni has written a letter to the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh Government, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, Additional Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary, Minority Welfare and Waqf Uttar Pradesh and Director Minority Welfare UP and appealed to refrain from this unconstitutional action.

"It is known that on the basis of the correspondence of the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), the UP government has issued instructions on June 26, 2024 that non-Muslim students studying in aided and recognized madrasas should be separated and they should be admitted to government schools. Similarly, all the students of unrecognized madrasas should be forcibly admitted to government primary schools for modern education," it said.

This order will affect thousands of independent madrasas in the state because Uttar Pradesh is the state where there are large independent madrasas, including Darul Uloom Deoband and Nadwatul Ulama, Madni added.

Madni clarified in his letter that NCPCR cannot give instructions to separate the children of aided madrasas on the basis of their religion. This is an act of dividing the country in the name of religion, he said.

Madni also said the UP government should understand that madrasas have a separate legal identity and status as recognised by section 1(5) of the Right to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 by exempting Islamic madrasas. Therefore, Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind demands that the government order of June 26 be withdrawn, he added.

UP has approximately 25,000 madrasas. Of these, 16,000 madrasas are government recognised, including 560 government-aided madrasas.

The Supreme Court had on April 5 stayed an Allahabad High Court order, which had declared the Uttar Pradesh Board of Madrasa Education Act, 2004, as "unconstitutional".

Hearing a bunch of appeals against the March 22 verdict of the Allahabad high court, a three-judge bench of Chief Justice of India D Y Chandrachud and justices J B Pardiwala and Manoj Misra said the order will would impinge on the future course of education of nearly 17 lakh students who are pursuing education in these madrasas.

Uttar Pradesh Madrasa Education Council president Iftikhar Ahmed Javed has also reacted to the development and said no student is forced to study in madrasas.

"All the non-Muslim students studying in madrasas are studying with the consent of their parents. In such a situation, forcibly enrolling them or students of unrecognised madrasas in council schools is beyond comprehension," he said.

According to Javed, there are 8,500 unaided madrasas in the state in which around seven lakh students are studying. They are proposed to be sent to the schools of the Basic Education Council, according to the government order, he said.

While religious education should be a choice, secular science based education is a must for all students irrespective of their backgrounds.

Most of these religiously educated students become left out economically in the society as they grow old.

HAHAHA.. Hilarious.

Our apologies, we don't hate Sikhs, we just hate Muslims.

And to think this is considered normal and acceptable by most Indians. :)

HAHAHA.. Hilarious.

Our apologies, we don't hate Sikhs, we just hate Muslims.

And to think this is considered normal and acceptable by most Indians. :)
The issue is not Masjids. But what they preach there.

What do they teach there? Masjids are for prayers. Have you been to many masjids and experienced first hand what goes on there or are you regurgitating what's been fed to you?

What do they teach there? Masjids are for prayers. Have you been to many masjids and experienced first hand what goes on there or are you regurgitating what's been fed to you?
The sermons of illiterate Moulvis who try to keep Muslims away from non-Muslims. I've been inside a Masjid and many Dargah's. I was not there for any of the Friday Sermons, but i've seen enough videos.
Obviously not all Masjids and Madrassahs are doing hateful things just like overwhelming majority of Muslims are peaceful. But the ones doing are very dangerous and divisive.

Champ_Pal said:
The sermons of illiterate Moulvis who try to keep Muslims away from non-Muslims. I've been inside a Masjid and many Dargah's. I was not there for any of the Friday Sermons, but i've seen enough videos.
Obviously not all Masjids and Madrassahs are doing hateful things just like overwhelming majority of Muslims are peaceful. But the ones doing are very dangerous and divisive.
There is a clear u turn from the original statement.

Can you state with absolute confidence that "some" Hindu religion congregations never preach hatred of Muslims? Why reserve such a sentiment only for Muslim places of worship?

Can you state with absolute confidence that "some" Hindu religion congregations never preach hatred of Muslims? Why reserve such a sentiment only for Muslim places of worship?
And they get called out too by Leftist parties in India.

And they get called out too by Leftist parties in India.
perhaps, but I am sure it does not come out in the form of garbage rhetoric used in absolute references to all Hindus such as the one seen here about masajid from the likes of you and this politician.

Maybe someone should be talking about shutting down Hindu mandirs as well since they are a problem?

Back