BJP to change names of Karimnagar and historic Hyderabad if they win next elections

Madplayer

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Hyderabad : Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has promised that his party, the BJP, will change the name of Karimnagar district if it is voted to power in Telangana.
"If BJP comes to power in Telangana then BJP will work for renaming Karimnagar to 'Karipuram' and respect your sentiments," he said on Wednesday at a rally in the poll-bound state.

The leader, who was mocked on social media with memes after he changed the names of several UP cities, recently said at a rally that if his party wins the polls in Telangana, it will change the name of the state capital Hyderabad to 'Bhagyanagar'.

"If Hyderabad has to be transformed into 'Bhagyanagar' then I call upon you to support BJP to form the government (in Telangana)", he had said.

Former BJP lawmaker from Telangana, T Raja Singh Lodh, had on several occasions said his party will rename a number of Telangana cities.

The BJP government in Uttar Pradesh has renamed several cities that, the party says, were renamed in the Mughal era. The state government changed the name of Allahabad to Prayagraj, Faizabad to Ayodhya and Mughalsarai Junction to Pt Deen Dhayal Upadhyay junction.

There have been demands from some BJP leaders to change the names of other iconic cities.

The BJP government in Uttar Pradesh has renamed several cities that, the party says, were renamed in the Mughal era. The state government changed the name of Allahabad to Prayagraj, Faizabad to Ayodhya and Mughalsarai Junction to Pt Deen Dhayal Upadhyay junction.

There have been demands from some BJP leaders to change the names of other iconic cities.

BJP lawmaker Jagan Prasad Garg had demanded that Agra be renamed as "Agravan" or "Agrawal".

"Agra has no meaning. You check the name Agra anywhere, what relevance does it have? Earlier there used to be a lot of forests here. And people from the Agarwal community used to live here. So the name should be Agra-van or Agra-wal," Mr Garg had said.

The opposition had slammed the Uttar Pradesh government for its decision to change the names of several cities. But the sharpest attack had come from BJP's ally Om Prakash Rajbhar. "BJP changed the names of Mughalsarai and Faizabad. They say they were named after the Mughals. They have a national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain, Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Uttar Pradesh Minister Mohsin Raza - three Muslim faces of the BJP. They should change their names first," he had said.

Source: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/yog...-will-be-renamed-1958384?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Desi vin diesel , Yogi at it again. Is this name changing spree enough for Indians to make BJP win again?

BJP will not win more than 2-3 seats in Telangana if you ask me. If AIMIM bigots stop their rabble rousing BJP will get whooped everywhere and even lose deposit in 95% of the seats, Owaisis will only help BJP with their words/actions. The communists have a larger base in the state than BJP/Sangh and if you follow Indian politics you must be aware of their historical and present status outside Bengal, Kerala, Tripura. And be rest assured there won't be any name change in Telangana targeting Muslim/Christian names in our lifetimes, this isn't Uttar Pradesh.

Desi vin diesel , Yogi at it again. Is this name changing spree enough for Indians to make BJP win again?

Not enough. name changing is fine, but our demand is The Temple. Having been waiting for so long to go and pray there, once it is built.

As predicted, the trickle will lead to the flood. This has been on the cards since before partition, I wonder if Modi's BJP will finally be the party to deliver the Hindutva dream?

Hyderabad is iconic. Changing its name is a good reason NOT to vote for these wanna be bad men.

As predicted, the trickle will lead to the flood. This has been on the cards since before partition, I wonder if Modi's BJP will finally be the party to deliver the Hindutva dream?

A dream of pointlessly changing names? Go figure.

its inevitable. Ultimately the Muslim populace will be given an ultimatum. You are either with us or with Pakistan. And they with go with the majority.

its inevitable. Ultimately the Muslim populace will be given an ultimatum. You are either with us or with Pakistan. And they with go with the majority.

Nothing will happen. Sometimes rhetoric is about the decibels rather than the message contained in said rhetoric.

There are a lot of Indian Hyderbadis where I live, wonder wgat they're going to call themselves after this lol.

Does anyone care what the name of the place is when everything there is dump and garbage?

BJP trying its bets to stir up controversies with elections in mind.

As if name changing is going to change the fate of the city. pooop remains pooop even if you decide to call it Biryani.

BJP will not win more than 2-3 seats in Telangana if you ask me. If AIMIM bigots stop their rabble rousing BJP will get whooped everywhere and even lose deposit in 95% of the seats, Owaisis will only help BJP with their words/actions. The communists have a larger base in the state than BJP/Sangh and if you follow Indian politics you must be aware of their historical and present status outside Bengal, Kerala, Tripura. And be rest assured there won't be any name change in Telangana targeting Muslim/Christian names in our lifetimes, this isn't Uttar Pradesh.

What did I say?
Out of 119 seats BJP are set to win just 1!!!!
TRS 87, Congress 19, AIMIM 7, TDP 2, smaller outfits in the state like -> BSP 1, IND 1, AIFB 1
Absolute massacre of BJP in the state, on expected lines however.

What did I say?
Out of 119 seats BJP are set to win just 1!!!!
TRS 87, Congress 19, AIMIM 7, TDP 2, smaller outfits in the state like -> BSP 1, IND 1, AIFB 1
Absolute massacre of BJP in the state, on expected lines however.

Is TRS that good to have this kind of mandate?

Is TRS that good to have this kind of mandate?

Not that good (story of all Indian parties :p) but right now there is no credible opposition in the state. Bifurcation destroyed Congress' goodwill and TDP is an Andhra party. AIMIM is limited to 7-8 seats and BJP has no presence. Telangana people are grateful to KCR for giving them the separate state and he hasn't done a bad job or got involved in a big corruption case yet, also law and order, peace etc is decent. I knew he would win big, and will continue to do so in the future until his dynastic politics takes a toll on the party. Naidu isn't that lucky because he has Jagan as a serious threat in Andhra, those 2 will exchange blows every alternate election I guess.

Not that good (story of all Indian parties :p) but right now there is no credible opposition in the state. Bifurcation destroyed Congress' goodwill and TDP is an Andhra party. AIMIM is limited to 7-8 seats and BJP has no presence. Telangana people are grateful to KCR for giving them the separate state and he hasn't done a bad job or got involved in a big corruption case yet, also law and order, peace etc is decent. I knew he would win big, and will continue to do so in the future until his dynastic politics takes a toll on the party. Naidu isn't that lucky because he has Jagan as a serious threat in Andhra, those 2 will exchange blows every alternate election I guess.

Thanks. I had no idea of the political dynamics there.

good to see Hindus slowly reclaiming back their lands in an actual, sovereign sense after 1000 years of Islamic genocide (80 millions deaths, hundreds of temples razed-replaced, ...)/British imperialism (millions of deaths through famines in Bengal alone, destruction of the traditional society pushing forward poverty/illiteracy, etc), Hindus should get rid off all Islamic/British markers to avenge their lost honor/dignity.

Lol at BJP. All this brouhaha for a solitary seat?

Yogi is basically a self-destruct button for BJP, horrible CM appointment.

I wonder if the people of UP would have voted so overwhelmingly for the BJP govt last year if they realized Mr. Baldy Orange was going to be their CM.

I wonder if the people of UP would have voted so overwhelmingly for the BJP govt last year if they realized Mr. Baldy Orange was going to be their CM.
No way!

He was basically thrust on UP a la old Congress alakaman style!

They should just rename India as Hindustan and insist in being called that by the outside world.

It is beyond my understanding how our Indian friends are not worried with these developments and the debate going on. It really is scary.

It is beyond my understanding how our Indian friends are not worried with these developments and the debate going on. It really is scary.

BJP got served in Telangana (where Hyderabad, Karimnagar lie), 1 seat out of 119, check an earlier post I made in this thread (#12) for the election results. In a democracy such as ours public gives the response via ballot. If BJP makes stupid statements, it has to suffer the consequences on poll day.

map.jpg

Notice how the map of India has changed in the last couple of years. Saffron indicates NDA (BJP+partners). Even there BJP isn't majority in some North East states, historically that region has preferred to be in bed with Delhi for financial reasons. In Andhra BJP was a junior partner of TDP but then TDP broke ties a few months back, now not just South India but also some Hindi heartland states have non NDA governments. If Indians weren't worried about the state of the country status quo would have remained.

Notice how the map of India has changed in the last couple of years. Saffron indicates NDA (BJP+partners). Even there BJP isn't majority in some North East states, historically that region has preferred to be in bed with Delhi for financial reasons. In Andhra BJP was a junior partner of TDP but then TDP broke ties a few months back, now not just South India but also some Hindi heartland states have non NDA governments. If Indians weren't worried about the state of the country status quo would have remained.

Must applaud you for painting a tolerant picture of indians, who had a communal recession in 2014, and have now become tolerant again. secularism is booming again.

[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] there are a few small mistakes in that image, for example Meghalaya (N.E above Bangladesh) has NDA now, Bihar was with Opposition 2 years back, Jammu&Kashmir has Governor's rule etc. But the larger picture remains, India has strong federalism and for the last couple of years BJP is losing ground. If they had done less of this renaming/cow nonsense and more development, things could have been very different.

Must applaud you for painting a tolerant picture of indians, who had a communal recession in 2014, and have now become tolerant again. secularism is booming again.

It has less to do with the people and more to do with BJP's uselessness. Had they stuck to the development agenda they sold before 2014, they wouldn't be in a precarious situation today. Congress Mukt Bharat they said LOL !!!!

The future of sanity looks bleak with a lot of nutcases in the world.

[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION] there are a few small mistakes in that image, for example Meghalaya (N.E above Bangladesh) has NDA now, Bihar was with Opposition 2 years back, Jammu&Kashmir has Governor's rule etc. But the larger picture remains, India has strong federalism and for the last couple of years BJP is losing ground. If they had done less of this renaming/cow nonsense and more development, things could have been very different.

After every election there are expert political commentators who find reasons for the results. sometimes they say there is a hindutva wave, or people voting for development, or voting against incumbent, or supporting demonetization, or protesting against cow politics. indian voters are indeed very flexible and they change not just their mood but also ideology with every election. let us see if they turn secular or communal in 2019.

Back