BlankBats.co.uk – an offering of near-blank bats, pads and gloves

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
It’s seemingly every week that a new brand pops up in the cricket world, often with garish stickers, Asian made bats and huge promises so it was a welcome relief to see an all new brand BlankBats.co.uk hit the market offering a range of minimally branded equipment (though not totally blank as the name many suggest!) alongside bats manufactured here in England.

Though yet to launch their sparkling new website we have managed to grab a sneaky preview of their kit before anyone else. Their initial launch will see a core bats range with a mixture of shapes and middle positions as well as an all new Twenty20 style bat. BB are also bringing to the table a range of soft leather equipment or pads and gloves as they’re more commonly known. The pads are styled on the Moulded Morrant/Tendulkar style pads, with a lightweight foam main construction. They’ve also added a wipe clean PU outer on the foam and a knee locator to make the pad unique, yet minimalist and very light. The gloves are by no means revolutionary, in an all white sausage finger design though they do feature all the bells and whistles you expect on a top line glove with Pittard leather palm and extra protection on the 2 main fingers.

We look forward to seeing their full range when it launches on their website, www.blankbats.co.uk , in March.

Pictures;

IMG-20120213-WA012.jpg

IMG-20120213-WA013.jpg

IMG-20120213-WA003.jpg

IMG-20120213-WA014.jpg

IMG-20120213-WA010.jpg

IMG-20120213-WA006.jpg

IMG-20120213-WA005.jpg

http://www.cricketinsight.co.uk/201...-offering-of-near-blank-bats-pads-and-gloves/

And just to add, some of us know the guys behind Blank Bats and all of them are top blokes. Good luck boys :D

Thank you gentlemen. News travels fast around here. Thanks to CD, Maasha Allah he gets to know all the news very fast. Keep your eyes peeled on CBF, CIF & PP for some special offers coming up very soon.

Last edited:
Nice bat..could i get one of them of you? how much would it cost tp get shipped to New Zealand?

Their website will be up and running in a few days. The landing page has their e-mail address so I would suggest that if you guys have any queries or requests, feel free to e-mail them.

We can post anywhere in the world, postage costs would need to be considered separately. it may work out better for you if you can get a few mates on board and place a larger order. just an idea.

Last edited:
We can post anywhere in the world, postage costs would need to be considered separately. it may work out better for you if you can get a few mates on board and place a larger order. just an idea.

I wouldn't mind having a huge order but i need to try a bat before i order..
I live in hamilton would like a light weight bat..posted to hamilton new zealand. How much would it cost?

I wouldn't mind having a huge order but i need to try a bat before i order..
I live in hamilton would like a light weight bat..posted to hamilton new zealand. How much would it cost?

i reckon its about 40 to 45 pounds to send a bat to NZ. The bats are 200 so you are looking at 245 all in id say.

New stock of UK made bats arriving next week. Keep your eyes peeled to PP for a sneak preview.

Again awesome bats from BlankBats, your bats are extremely amazing indeed and I think you guys will succeed as your prices are very good.

I recommend BlankBats.:julien

Hows that good prices? £225 for a unbranded cricket bat?????

Now a days you can get top range Graynicolls, Kookabura, GM, Addidas, Puma, Slazenger bats for that much.

Plus top end bats from Pakistan like CA, Ihsan are beter then this garbage.

I cant see this company lasting more then couple of months.

Now a days you can get top range Graynicolls, Kookabura, GM, Addidas, Puma, Slazenger bats for that much.

If you just want to go by brand... go for it buddy... however you can't be a critic for someone's opinion...

Garbage ??? if you call this bat a garbage... Wonder what your collections are...

Get a life loser...

:facepalm:

So you are one of those people who judge bats by seeing their stickers?

Clearly you have no idea about bat making and who makes what for who. Just another one of the sheep following the crowd.

:facepalm:

So you are one of those people who judge bats by seeing their stickers?

No mate, I judge a bat by quality and its history in Bat making...

Graynicolls, GM, Kookabura, Slazengers, CA, Ihsan have been making quality bats for decades.... They have a fan following because they make quality products...

Here comes some so and so, sells a bat for £225 without a sticker, made in back streets of siakot for 1500 rupees... and comes and tells us its beter then all other bats with fancy stickers... LOL

Thats some great sales pitch...

"buy my bat for £225, it doesnt have a shiny sticker, it is great because I say so, its as expensive as any other top end bat though"

LOL

If you just want to go by brand... go for it buddy... however you can't be a critic for someone's opinion...

Garbage ??? if you call this bat a garbage... Wonder what your collections are...

Get a life loser...

Currently have 3 GN Powerbows LE bats, plus GN legends pads and gloves...

I would never buy a unbranded bat for £225 though, sounds like a rip off!!!!

If you ask my opinion.

Although the bats look nice I would not buy their bats because they are just too expensive. One could get a G1+ bat for 225 bucks from a reputed company. (Newberry, GM etc)

Launching a new bat company which is called Blank bats and pricing the bats so high is just wrong. The marketing strategy and pricing is ridiculous.

No mate, I judge a bat by quality and its history in Bat making...

Graynicolls, GM, Kookabura, Slazengers, CA, Ihsan have been making quality bats for decades.... They have a fan following because they make quality products...

Here comes some so and so, sells a bat for £225 without a sticker, made in back streets of siakot for 1500 rupees... and comes and tells us its beter then all other bats with fancy stickers... LOL

Thats some great sales pitch...

"buy my bat for £225, it doesnt have a shiny sticker, it is great because I say so, its as expensive as any other top end bat though"

LOL

The price is a bit too much I have to say....:|

Around that $ people can buy CA PLUS 15 ooo(If I am not wrong)....& the 15000 is one of the Top Range model....

Last edited:
If you ask my opinion.

Although the bats look nice I would not buy their bats because they are just too expensive. One could get a G1+ bat for 225 bucks from a reputed company. (Newberry, GM etc)

Launching a new bat company which is called Blank bats and pricing the bats so high is just wrong. The marketing strategy and pricing is ridiculous.

And also no landline number, just a mobile!!!! Says it all realy!!

I dont think this will be a money spinner!!!!!

:butt

The price is a bit too much I have to say....:|

Around that $ people can buy CA PLUS 15 ooo(If I am not wrong)....& the 15000 is one of the Top Range model....

Yes but he reckons his BLANK BATS are much beter then a CA15000 shiny sticker bat.... LOL

^hmm "Blank Bats" might be better than CA 15000, a grade 4 bleached english willow bat coud be better than Both of the mentioned bats, Just comes down to trust and prefrence, THe "Blank Bats" are made in the UK using quality willow, cricket bats are just very hard to judge (if thats even possible on a large scale)

Well pie chucker, clearly you have no idea about the pedigree of these bats. you are right they arent priced at give away prices, but these bats are still the best part of a hundred pounds cheaper than a comparable bat from the brands you've listed. Moreover, there is currently a special offer on the bats.

Kindly, explain your comments of "garbage", what are you basing your this on?? Have you tried one??? These bats are made in the UK by one of the, if not the best batmaker in the world.

Last edited:
Well pie chucker, clearly you have no idea about the pedigree of these bats. you are right they arent priced at give away prices, but these bats are still the best part of a hundred pounds cheaper than a comparable bat from the brands you've listed. Moreover, there is currently a special offer on the bats.

Kindly, explain your comments of "garbage", what are you basing your this on?? Have you tried one??? These bats are made in the UK by one of the, if not the best batmaker in the world.

These bats dont have a pedigree apart from being that they are unbranded, stickerless and good!!! (according to you)

How can your bats be a few hundereds pound cheaper? Your bat is £225 and if you have a look at any decent cricket equipment website, you can buy a top of the range English bat for maybe max £5 - £10 more... So why would I buy your bat?

These bats dont have a pedigree apart from being that they are unbranded, stickerless and good!!! (according to you)

How can your bats be a few hundereds pound cheaper? Your bat is £225 and if you have a look at any decent cricket equipment website, you can buy a top of the range English bat for maybe max £5 - £10 more... So why would I buy your bat?

Your knowledge of the cricket bat industry seems very poor to say the least. Please tell me these top of the range English made bats that you can get for £5-10 more. Top end Newbery's, Millichamp and Hall's arent far from double blankbat prices. I have been using a blankbat all through my winter training and can honestly say i have never used such a high performing bat and ive used pretty much everything available.

I would tell you who makes these bats, and who this 'guy' makes bats for including current international players, but i fear my words would be wasted on your ignorence.

Last edited:
Your knowledge of the cricket bat industry seems very poor to say the least. Please tell me these top of the range English made bats that you can get for £5-10 more. Top end Newbery's, Millichamp and Hall's arent far from double blankbat prices. I have been using a blankbat all through my winter training and can honestly say i have never used such a high performing bat and ive used pretty much everything available.

I would tell you who makes these bats, and who this 'guy' makes bats for including current international players, but i fear my words would be wasted on your ignorence.

Go on tell me who this "GUY" is and who "HE" makes bats for? Im intregued!!!!

Pie_chucker, you have no clue really.

Newbery top of the line for £225? How much is a Tour SPS? Know the price? How much is GM LE, GN LE, Kookaburra Players and other you know the prices of them?

Go see the prices of them and compare it with BB prices.

Batmaker? If you ever knew anything of batmaking you would have regconized batmaker.

As other said get a life pal

Peace

If you ask my opinion.

225 bucks for Newbery, GM? We are talking about top of the line bats, which are equivalent to Limited Edition, we are not talking about 606/707 or 5 Star from Newbery.

I will give you $450 get me TWO top of the line and equivalent to BlankBats quality bat.

Go on hunting and post them here

All post are rubbish without links/proof of £5-£10 more bats or even 225 bucks bats!

As I said if you knew your stuff and bats then you would have been able to regconize the maker

Obviously I dont know my stuff, so go on then tell me who makes these over priced piece of unbranded willow!!

Last edited:
225 bucks for Newbery, GM? We are talking about top of the line bats, which are equivalent to Limited Edition, we are not talking about 606/707 or 5 Star from Newbery.

I will give you $450 get me TWO top of the line and equivalent to BlankBats quality bat.

Go on hunting and post them here

All post are rubbish without links/proof of £5-£10 more bats or even 225 bucks bats!

How do we know the unbranded bats are top of the range? They have nothing on them to say they are, no reputation, no brand image, no nothing to suggest its a quality product....

Just some dude with a basic website, which lists his contact number as his mobile, so we should take his word for it, because??????

I can go buy a piece of unbranded willow from Sialkot for 1500 rupees, so why should I pay him £225????

How do we know the unbranded bats are top of the range? They have nothing on them to say they are, no reputation, no brand image, no nothing to suggest its a quality product....

Just some dude with a basic website, which lists his contact number as his mobile, so we should take his word for it, because??????

I can go buy a piece of unbranded willow from Sialkot for 1500 rupees, so why should I pay him £225????

I wrote the article for Cricket Insight and have since gone for a BlankBats bat, which will be my no.1 this season if/when I eventually play!

I know a bit about cricket bats - having sourced bats for a few players in my time.

What do you need to know?

pie chucker on fire...lolzz.....
well both parties aren't wrong at all! the bat maker wants his bats to be tested out, so then one should rate them high or low, but the pie chucker says that the bats are expensive, he's also right! so you both guys are right! none of you is wrong! so just chill guyz

The company you mentioned earlier (GM, Gray Nicolls and others) ALL grade there bats based on looks so if you see BlankBats top of the line bats they are as good looking as F40 which is £450!!!

There are loads of companies which don't even have a contact number, people sell bats (ala Woodstock) from there sheds so they won't get a business line for it. Mobile number is most convenient way ! As long there is a contact number rest doesn't matter really! Mobile numbers too are registered!

Heck I can buy from Sialkot for Rs. 800 even but that bat would no where play as good as BlankBats (heck not even 10%)! Quality would be mILES apart! It is idiotic comparison really considering where and how BlankBats are made!

The company you mentioned earlier (GM, Gray Nicolls and others) ALL grade there bats based on looks so if you see BlankBats top of the line bats they are as good looking as F40 which is £450!!!

There are loads of companies which don't even have a contact number, people sell bats (ala Woodstock) from there sheds so they won't get a business line for it. Mobile number is most convenient way ! As long there is a contact number rest doesn't matter really! Mobile numbers too are registered!

Heck I can buy from Sialkot for Rs. 800 even but that bat would no where play as good as BlankBats (heck not even 10%)! Quality would be mILES apart! It is idiotic comparison really considering where and how BlankBats are made!

Tendaywala, stick to selling Tendas.... you will make more money selling those then these blankbats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:afridi

If you think this is expensive, then I don't suggest visiting any Australian cricket stores, you'd have a heart attack.

@Langer
I live in Australia, Hate the stores the prices are just plain rediculous If your looking for a G1 expect to pay around 300 pounds and thats not even Legend or Players bats(they are 450 pounds!)

@Langer
I live in Australia, Hate the stores the prices are just plain rediculous If your looking for a G1 expect to pay around 300 pounds and thats not even Legend or Players bats(they are 450 pounds!)

Australian Represent!!! Where abouts do you live?

Last edited:
So is the bat expensive because a reputed bat-maker makes them?:20:

the bats are tooooooo expensive!!!!!

The thing is that the reputable batmaker does NOT charge 1 Pound per bat, they cost a lot by the maker. Cost of making bat has increased over time too! Its not cheap to get a bat made.

The price tag has worlds best craftmanship, finishing, handle and so on!

Why is BMW 3 Series so expensive compared to Honda Civic, tell me the reason.

Tendaywala, stick to selling Tendas.... you will make more money selling those then these blankbats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:afridi

When you don't have anything to say, its better to keep your mouth shut than making personal statements.

I went to a Cricketdirect warehouse (its only 15 minute drive from my house) recently looking to purchase a GM icon bat.
The funny thing is the manager there told me the vast majority of GM bats they sold went directly to Australia. So I said how comes they had so much demand for Australia ? Well he replied that even with shipping costs GM bats are cheaper to buy in England than directly in the Australian stores.

I went to a Cricketdirect warehouse (its only 15 minute drive from my house) recently looking to purchase a GM icon bat.
The funny thing is the manager there told me the vast majority of GM bats they sold went directly to Australia. So I said how comes they had so much demand for Australia ? Well he replied that even with shipping costs GM bats are cheaper to buy in England than directly in the Australian stores.

Most bats are much, much cheaper over there and it still works out to be much, much cheaper even with the postage, which usually isn't that much at all. The prices of bats are just ridiculous over here in Australia.

Ok big shot, where can I get an Original Limited Edition GM bat for that price? Standard rate for a 909 is now pushing £200.

I think all you guys have missed my point....

My point being an unbranded bat without any reputation from a unregistered company is far too much....

If this guy said to me I have a unbranded bat for sale for £70quid, I might consider it....I think thats more realistic price.

My point being an unbranded bat without any reputation from a unregistered company is far too much....

If this guy said to me I have a unbranded bat for sale for £70quid, I might consider it....I think thats more realistic price.
There's a business somewhere selling shiny stickers for £150

Ok big shot, where can I get an Original Limited Edition GM bat for that price? Standard rate for a 909 is now pushing £200.

I encourage new bat makers. But Prodirect always has deals. It was 250 last time I saw. Now tell me why would I buy unbranded one for 225 instead of going for GM and I don't know Blanks customer service. GM is well know for their customer service.

Well he would charge £70 if it cost him £60, but it would cost him considerably more than that seeing as they are grade 1 bats.

Lets see if you can pick up who makes the bats from this: From the bloke who brings you Newbery.

You seem to have missed the point mate. You keep bashing the brand when you clearly have no idea about the industry and go for bats based on their stickers. In regards to cost, small brands over here in Australia charge $400-$500 for their bats, which are generally made in India, so this is nothing.

I would seriously love to know where you are getting these top of the range bats at such reduced prices. Please inform us all so we can join in.

I understand price is an issue for you Pie chucker, i think its best you stick to your £70 bats.....

the concept of blankbats, is theyre bringing you £400+ bats for considerably less.

The blankbats come with minimal branding so its not like you can buy a cheap unstickered bat and pretend its a blankbat..... i know your game ;)

Just visited their website again!

The only thing it mentions is that it is a grade 1 bat and NOT some exclusive players edition bats, which sell for 400 bucks and more. If a buyer is clever enough and does enough research, he would eventually find a good G1 willow bat somewhere for e.g. here Gunn & Moore Icon DXM is going for 149 and it is G1
( http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ver-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-2826.aspx)

My problem is not with the bat itself, bats do look good. Prices are plain ridiculous and as a start up company which calls itself Blankbats and has no physical store is as dodgy as it gets!

All the people vouching for Blankbats, please buy something from them and write a review

The only thing it mentions is that it is a grade 1 bat and NOT some exclusive players edition bats, which sell for 400 bucks and more. If a buyer is clever enough and does enough research, he would eventually find a good G1 willow bat somewhere for e.g. here Gunn & Moore Icon DXM is going for 149 and it is G1
( http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ver-Cricket-Bats-Pro-Direct-Cricket-2826.aspx)

My problem is not with the bat itself, bats do look good. Prices are plain ridiculous and as a start up company which calls itself Blankbats and has no physical store is as dodgy as it gets!

All the people vouching for Blankbats, please buy something from them and write a review

Absolutely agree....I checked the site too and all it mentioned was G1 willow. IMO, the prices are hight for a start-up...but on the flip side, if they had been priced at say £150...would anyone think of this as a top quality product. Aren't we all always driven more by the price tag rather than the actual product?

It would be good if ppl who are supporting blankbats buy stuff and review it.

My review is here: http://www.cricketinsight.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,924.msg10788.html#msg10788

I encourage new bat makers. But Prodirect always has deals. It was 250 last time I saw. Now tell me why would I buy unbranded one for 225 instead of going for GM and I don't know Blanks customer service. GM is well know for their customer service.

Those are end of season deals.

My view on players bats.

There are circa 23 grades of willow from a merchant. The top is G1.

In the past 2 years there's been an influx of 'Players Grade' bats.

Now - where is this willow coming from? The trees haven't changed much. We're not suddenly cutting down a load of perfect clefts. There are more sponsored players than ever too.

So. 'Players Grade' willow is coming from somewhere... My guess is that it was previously called G1, but they've creamed off the best of the lot.

So why pay 400 bucks for what was a G1 bat 2 years ago. When you can get that same standard for less from a company who's top grade is G1

My view on players bats.

There are circa 23 grades of willow from a merchant. The top is G1.

In the past 2 years there's been an influx of 'Players Grade' bats.

Now - where is this willow coming from? The trees haven't changed much. We're not suddenly cutting down a load of perfect clefts. There are more sponsored players than ever too.

So. 'Players Grade' willow is coming from somewhere... My guess is that it was previously called G1, but they've creamed off the best of the lot.

So why pay 400 bucks for what was a G1 bat 2 years ago. When you can get that same standard for less from a company who's top grade is G1

your point is absolutely valid.

I was never favor of grading of willow by the big bat companies. My reply was to the people above who are saying that the higher ends of companies like GM GN are 400+ bucks can be compared to Blankbats.

How can you do that? They (Blankbats) advertise it as G1 bat, then it should be compared to there G1 bats from other companies (price wise) not the bats like GN legend or other reserve grade bats. (GM player special)

People like me buy a bat every season...so why not at the end of the season? that was just one example, there are plenty of other sites where you can get good G1 bat for max 150 bucks

maybe but they wont be made by the guys that make our bats thats for sure

your point is absolutely valid.

I was never favor of grading of willow by the big bat companies. My reply was to the people above who are saying that the higher ends of companies like GM GN are 400+ bucks can be compared to Blankbats.

How can you do that? They (Blankbats) advertise it as G1 bat, then it should be compared to there G1 bats from other companies (price wise) not the bats like GN legend or other reserve grade bats. (GM player special)

Perhaps BlankBats should advertise it as a super reserve player edition pro ping bat then. Stick a few more fancy stickers on it. Then they can charge £500!

Or perhaps the idea of the brand was to quit the marketing rubbish and just supply quality cricket bats made by one of the World's best cricket bat makers.

Perhaps BlankBats should advertise it as a super reserve player edition pro ping bat then. Stick a few more fancy stickers on it. Then they can charge £500!

Or perhaps the idea of the brand was to quit the marketing rubbish and just supply quality cricket bats made by one of the World's best cricket bat makers.

Not stickers and brand names but they could do a better job at advertising about the willow quality..if the willow is top grade, then why not call it so...

Back