"Blatant Politicisation Of Armed Forces' Sacrifice": 21 Parties Blast BJP

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
NEW DELHI: Leaders of 21 opposition parties today said they stood with the armed forces and issued a sharp takedown of the "leaders of the ruling party" for "blatant politicisation of the sacrifices of the armed forces". The reference was to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who in the aftermath of the terror attack in Pulwama, had attacked the Congress at the inauguration of the National War Memorial earlier this week.
The opposition meeting at the parliament came amid a huge escalation in hostilities with Pakistan since yesterday's airstrikes on a Jaish-e Mohammed terror camp in Balakot by the Indian Air Force. Today, Pakistani Air Force, while attempting to target Indian military installations, was engaged by the IAF. While one Pakistani F-16 aircraft was shot down, India lost a plane, the pilot was declared "missing in action".

Indicating the Balakot air strikes and their aftermath, the opposition leaders said the government has failed to take them into confidence. A statement released at the end of the meeting read: "The Prime Minister has, regrettably, not convened an all-party meeting as per the established practice in our democracy".

Off the record, opposition leaders pointed out that the Pakistan aggression is little short of war. Pakistan shooting down an Indian plane and capturing a pilot has not happened since the 1971 war.

The opposition leaders, the statement said, "urged the government to take the nation into confidence on all measures to protect India's sovereignty, unity and integrity".

The BJP also came under attack for promoting a political event with PM Modi on Thursday.

National Conference leader Omar Abdullah, who did not attend the opposition meeting, also hit out at the government.

"PM Modi must suspend his political activities until #WingCommanderAbhinandan is returned safely. It can't be business as usual with him cross crossing the country at tax payer expense making political speeches while our pilot is a Pakistani captive," his tweet read.

Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav, who also skipped the meeting, tweeted:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When the all party meet happened, they were campaigning. <br><br>When our pilot went missing, they were launching apps.<br><br>The country demands that petty politics are set aside and our media acts responsibly so that our brave pilot is safely brought back home. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BringHimHome?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BringHimHome</a></p>— Akhilesh Yadav (@yadavakhilesh) <a href="https://twitter.com/yadavakhilesh/status/1100748251161088000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

At the end of the opposition meeting, a resolution was passed that said the opposition will stand with the country and against the enemy at this moment. In the joint statement, the opposition leaders also expressed deep concern for the Air Force pilot who went missing during this morning's engagement with Pakistani Air Force.

The meeting was attended by senior Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Telugu Desam Party chief Chandrababu Naidu, Sharad Pawar, JMM leader Shibu Soren, BSP leader SC Mishra, Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and her party leader Derek O'Brian, Sharad Yadav and Aam Aadmi Party leader Sanjay Singh.

Source: https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/sta...from=home-topscroll&__twitter_impression=true

If these opposition parties were even 1% competent people like Modi will never come to power. Sadly these guys are like cancer to the country who have caused more harm to the country than anyone else.

Modi has been given a bloody nose today, these parties are useless anyway other than the Congress, but those fools would keep dynastic politics rather than nominate the best people

Lets see if India starts firing again. I sense this is not over at all.

I can't read hindi can someone explain what's written on these posters and are they part of Modi's election campaign?

D0b11d2X0AIpSyy

I can't read hindi can someone explain what's written on these posters and are they part of Modi's election campaign?

D0b11d2X0AIpSyy

Too blurred can't read anything. Any chance of enhancing the picture quality and relevant posting?

If these opposition parties were even 1% competent people like Modi will never come to power. Sadly these guys are like cancer to the country who have caused more harm to the country than anyone else.

Modi has destroyed India's respect. Indo-Pak relations have only gotten worse since he came to power and Muslim persecution under him has been unprecedented.

We pay gratitude and respect to PM Modi and Indian army For paying respect to the martyrs by doing the second surgical strike..
Not exact translation but that's the essence..

Poster seems to be put up by local BJP leader of this area.

We pay gratitude and respect to PM Modi and Indian army For paying respect to the martyrs by doing the second surgical strike..

Thanks for the translation. The road looks like full of these banners and with the election around the corner it surely looks like an attempt to cash this event

Modi has destroyed India's respect. Indo-Pak relations have only gotten worse since he came to power and Muslim persecution under him has been unprecedented.

Every politician who comes in power destroys something or the other.

I have said this many times here and I'll say once more a lot of Pakistanis here believe Modi was voted because of certain reasons. However truth is modi's election campaign in 2014 (one of the costliest ever) was focussed on development and portrayed corruption in UPA regime. His whole campaign of new India was based around development, removing corruption and bringing back black money.

After coming to power after a year or so the whole developments removing corruption and bringing back black money disappeared even from news and we are where we are now.

Did any indian care to actually check what evidence they have for the so called "2nd surgical strike"?
I am just very alarmed how indian media is believed without any evidence. If it was Pakistani media saying all that, I would've still done my research and look if what they are saying is true or not.

I am quite surprised how the posters were installed even before India could finish investigating Pulwama and send Pakistan the dossier.

I am quite surprised how the posters were installed even before India could finish investigating Pulwama and send Pakistan the dossier.

Those posters are a dime a dozen. Kohli hits a meaningless century in an ODI run-chase vs Lanka, they are printed overnight and have the local politician praising him for his innings. Dumb dumber dumbest.

Those posters are a dime a dozen. Kohli hits a meaningless century in an ODI run-chase vs Lanka, they are printed overnight and have the local politician praising him for his innings. Dumb dumber dumbest.

:)))

Did any indian care to actually check what evidence they have for the so called "2nd surgical strike"?
I am just very alarmed how indian media is believed without any evidence. If it was Pakistani media saying all that, I would've still done my research and look if what they are saying is true or not.

You are expecting too much. It's a local politician taking some mileage while trying to please his higher ups.. This is everyday politics of sub continent. Nothing new here has been going on for decades.. People have been falling for this for decades and will continue to fall for decades.

Ideally if all is stopped right now, Modi would be finished and rightly so i.e. if somehow world powers manage to stop it.

Ideally if all is stopped right now, Modi would be finished and rightly so i.e. if somehow world powers manage to stop it.

Nah his PR agency is too strong they will twist the narrative. Modi is sure to win 2019 elections.

I am sure most of the Indians know the answer to that too but for them, its not easy to accept.

Nah his PR agency is too strong they will twist the narrative. Modi is sure to win 2019 elections.

No everyone has realized how to counter him this time.. PR will defn try but after the video and crash right now he will lose.

This is a nation of extremists led by an extremist. These other political parties are irrelevant in a discussion of this kind.

This is a nation of extremists led by an extremist. These other political parties are irrelevant in a discussion of this kind.

Yeah yeah Yeah only the other political parties have ruled for 60 years of Independent India.

Yeah yeah Yeah only the other political parties have ruled for 60 years of Independent India.

Are the other political parties that much better than the BJP? This peace reign in Kashmir when Congress was around?

Back