Boxing Thread

Is Amir Khan still vulnerable to knockouts with trainer Virgil Hunter? Can he survive and beat hard hitting punchers like Keith Thurman , Marcos Maidana or Lucas Matthysse ?Will he be able to beat Danny Garcia in a rematch?

Can see Maidana being a tough fight for him but the other 3 i think he will win comfortably.

Brook a "step up" :))) my word :facepalm:

Look out look out the Khan hater has landed, dude even after a performance like that you can't give the kid credit.

Alexander is a 3 time, 2 weight world champion. Kell has a long way to go before being called an upgrade on Alexander. One win over a B level fighter does not change that.

Mayweather already ducking Khan:

"No one knows who Amir Khan is"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL2COMzxuY8

Lol at ducking. Floyd knows where the money is, business wise it would be absolutely idiotic not to fight Pacquiao. Until Mayweather announce's a different opponent his next fight will surely be against Pacman and rightly so. He really doesn't have any other viable options, Pacquiao is the only legitimate contender and if Mayweather doesn't fight him before retiring it would leave a ever lasting scar onto his legacy regardless of his overall record and Floyd knows it.

Lol at ducking. Floyd knows where the money is, business wise it would be absolutely idiotic not to fight Pacquiao. Until Mayweather announce's a different opponent his next fight will surely be against Pacman and rightly so. He really doesn't have any other viable options, Pacquiao is the only legitimate contender and if Mayweather doesn't fight him before retiring it would leave a ever lasting scar onto his legacy regardless of his overall record and Floyd knows it.

Umm no.

You must be new to boxing. Pacquiaio vs Mayweather has been going on since 2007 and beyond. If he knew where the money was at this fight would have happened long ago. This fight has been stalled so many times and should have happened in 2009 when Pacquiao was in his prime giving Antonio Margarito an ass whooping.

Obviously the Pac/Floyd fight takes preference to the Khan/Floyd but the only reason Mayweather is making some noise to fight Pacman now is for a few reasons and money is down the list. Pacman is no longer looking like the unbeatable fighting machine and most importantly his May date (which he has fought on for the last 5 years) is under threat because of Cotto vs Canelo which is also on May 2nd which is cinco de mayo (mexican holiday) weekend.

So mayweather doesn't want to change his date but he knows he needs a huge fight to challenge the Cotto vs Canelo fight. So naturally Pacman is the only option now. And yes, the way he brushed off Khan shows he is ducking him because last year when Khan had 2 wins under Virigil which were hardly convincing (vs. Molina and Diaz) this is what Mayweather had to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8CfZ1SKhw

Now he puts a beating on Alexander in style and it's "No one knows Amir Khan?" lol..

Umm no.

You must be new to boxing. Pacquiaio vs Mayweather has been going on since 2007 and beyond. If he knew where the money was at this fight would have happened long ago. This fight has been stalled so many times and should have happened in 2009 when Pacquiao was in his prime giving Antonio Margarito an ass whooping.

Obviously the Pac/Floyd fight takes preference to the Khan/Floyd but the only reason Mayweather is making some noise to fight Pacman now is for a few reasons and money is down the list. Pacman is no longer looking like the unbeatable fighting machine and most importantly his May date (which he has fought on for the last 5 years) is under threat because of Cotto vs Canelo which is also on May 2nd which is cinco de mayo (mexican holiday) weekend.

So mayweather doesn't want to change his date but he knows he needs a huge fight to challenge the Cotto vs Canelo fight. So naturally Pacman is the only option now. And yes, the way he brushed off Khan shows he is ducking him because last year when Khan had 2 wins under Virigil which were hardly convincing (vs. Molina and Diaz) this is what Mayweather had to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d8CfZ1SKhw

Now he puts a beating on Alexander in style and it's "No one knows Amir Khan?" lol..

So basically in a essay form you are reiterating what I just said which is Floyd doesn't really have any other option other than to fight Pacquiao next. As for Floyd ducking Khan, you think Mayweather is afraid of Khan more than Pacquiao???? Khan put on a good performance against Alexander but to think Mayweather is ducking him is hogwash and highly delusional.

So basically in a essay form you are reiterating what I just said which is Floyd doesn't really have any other option other than to fight Pacquiao next. As for Floyd ducking Khan, you think Mayweather is afraid of Khan more than Pacquiao???? Khan put on a good performance against Alexander but to think Mayweather is ducking him is hogwash and highly delusional.

lol if Mayweathers history is anything to go by either you are delusional or just out of depth as a pretend boxing fan not surprised really. A number of respected pundits have emphasized how they wouldn't be so surprised if Floyd was worried about facing Khan because stylistically it's a fight where Khan can potentially cause floyd more problems then his previous opponents and also because of his speed. Paulie Malignaggi explained this better during the khan v alexander fight.

Sure no one is saying here that they are 200% sure Khan will defeat Mayweather because floyd will not doubt beat him he always finds a solution to the problems he is faced with. But floyd ought to be concerned and wouldn't risk it given that he wants to beat marcianos record.

That scar will always be there, he avoided the pacman during his peak. Having said that manny is by no means completely past it despite the devastating loss to marquez but no where near his best, floyd is still up there though.

Alexander is a 3 time, 2 weight world champion. Kell has a long way to go before being called an upgrade on Alexander. One win over a B level fighter does not change that.

Nah bro Kell is the million dollar name that will get the entire boxing community to beg floyd or manny to fight khan. He's the no.1 welter in the division after floyd and manny.

lol if Mayweathers history is anything to go by either you are delusional or just out of depth as a pretend boxing fan not surprised really. A number of respected pundits have emphasized how they wouldn't be so surprised if Floyd was worried about facing Khan because stylistically it's a fight where Khan can potentially cause floyd more problems then his previous opponents and also because of his speed. Paulie Malignaggi explained this better during the khan v alexander fight.

Malignaggi ia anything but a respected pundit. His opinion changes like ocean waves and is considered a joke amongst boxing fans/pubdit specially after how Broner took his dignity.

Sure no one is saying here that they are 200% sure Khan will defeat Mayweather because floyd will not doubt beat him he always finds a solution to the problems he is faced with. But floyd ought to be concerned and wouldn't risk it given that he wants to beat marcianos record.

The only person Floyd is genuinely afraid of losing is Pacman specially because he struggles against southpaws. To think Floyd is avoiding Khan to fight Pacquiao is highly highly delusinal and beyond logic. Now if Floyd avoids Pacman and also brushes aside Khan and fights another slow fighter than you can make that argument otherwise its mind boggling how you guys believe Floyd is ducking Khan for Pacquiao.

lol, no one is saying Mayweather is afraid of Khan. Khan is a high risk fight for Floyd, especially after that performance on Saturday. All you have to do is look at Mayweather's tone in the 2 interviews. After 2 better performance suddenly Khan isn't a worthy opponent?

I'm not saying Khan beats Mayweather. I'm only saying if Mayweather doesn't fight Pacman and also doesn't go with Khan as plan B then he is ducking Khan. Based on the interview above he doesn't even think Khan is a viable option. Even though a year ago he did (when Khan had less notable wins at WW)

Bingo. Same reason why he's delayed the Pacman fight for so long. I don't see Manny knocking people out any more do I?

Again, it has more to do with Top Rank's main event on May 2nd. Mayweather knows he needs something big.

Malignaggi ia anything but a respected pundit. His opinion changes like ocean waves and is considered a joke amongst boxing fans/pubdit specially after how Broner took his dignity.

I wasn't specifically calling him the pundit just said he explained his reasoning behind why Khan would cause money problems brilliantly. He's a respected fighter and i value his opinion, even more so on Khan when he has been in the ring with him.

The only person Floyd is genuinely afraid of losing is Pacman specially because he struggles against southpaws. To think Floyd is avoiding Khan to fight Pacquiao is highly highly delusinal and beyond logic. Now if Floyd avoids Pacman and also brushes aside Khan and fights another slow fighter than you can make that argument otherwise its mind boggling how you guys believe Floyd is ducking Khan for Pacquiao.

Who said Floyd is fighting Manny to avoid Khan why are you being such an ignaramus? Obviously the Manny fight has more money in it and makes more sense for him to chase. Having said that there is an argument that Floyd could pass on Khan more then ever after his performance against Alexander given his speed and style which is not exactly tailor made for Floyd, am not suggesting that Khan will defeat Money but he's someone he would be worried about especially when it comes to protecting that unbeaten record as it comes ever so close to the 50 mark.

lol, no one is saying Mayweather is afraid of Khan. Khan is a high risk fight for Floyd, especially after that performance on Saturday. All you have to do is look at Mayweather's tone in the 2 interviews. After 2 better performance suddenly Khan isn't a worthy opponent?

I'm not saying Khan beats Mayweather. I'm only saying if Mayweather doesn't fight Pacman and also doesn't go with Khan as plan B then he is ducking Khan. Based on the interview above he doesn't even think Khan is a viable option. Even though a year ago he did (when Khan had less notable wins at WW)

Bingo. Same reason why he's delayed the Pacman fight for so long. I don't see Manny knocking people out any more do I?

Again, it has more to do with Top Rank's main event on May 2nd. Mayweather knows he needs something big.

Manny is no where near his peak but still good enough to challenge Floyd, having said that i will always feel like floyd avoided manny deliberately during his peak. It was a big money fight back then but had Floyd lost his stock would have dropped and he wouldn't have been able to get big pay days now out of an easy nights work. Low risk high reward, the legacy of Floyd.

Seriously, shut up and GTHO. Paulie is one of the most respected guys in boxing and hardcore boxing fans love his commentary.

I wouldn't expect casual fans such as you to know much else. And lol at Broner taking his dignity.

Seriously, shut up and GTHO. Paulie is one of the most respected guys in boxing and hardcore boxing fans love his commentary.

I wouldn't expect casual fans such as you to know much else. And lol at Broner taking his dignity.

Mind him, he's a tard. Let's just go by his theory, he's basically saying that because he is lost to Broner he is a crap fighter in general and because he is a crap fighter we shouldn't value his opinion in the boxing world. Firstly Paulie is a respected fighter and even if you consider him to be crap how does that effect his knowledge in the boxing world? it's like saying if you weren't a good boxer you would make a poor coach/trainer :))) silly guy, yeah couldn't have said it better myself love Paulie's perspective on fights during commentary.

:))) Didn't know Paulie had hardcore fans. Anyways for those of you who don't follow boxing here is how Broner stole his dignity during post fight interview.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fyctmoy6Aog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:))) Didn't know Paulie had hardcore fans. Anyways for those of you who don't follow boxing here is how Broner stole his dignity during post fight interview.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fyctmoy6Aog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He took Paulie's little piece on the side, his little play thing and he bragged about it :)))

Paulie took his soul in that fight, in the pre fight and post fight trash talk. Broner has never been the same man since, Paulie took his soul. It's undeniable.

He took Paulie's little piece on the side, his little play thing and he bragged about it :)))

Paulie took his soul in that fight, in the pre fight and post fight trash talk. Broner has never been the same man since, Paulie took his soul. It's undeniable.

:))) Took his soul. What the heck does that even mean?

And since you seem unaware of what's going on your boy Paullie retired from boxing after a defeat to Shawn Porter. My condolences.

<iframe width="505" height="284" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CrH_QqEvzQ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Who said Floyd is fighting Manny to avoid Khan why are you being such an ignaramus? Obviously the Manny fight has more money in it and makes more sense for him to chase. Having said that there is an argument that Floyd could pass on Khan more then ever after his performance against Alexander given his speed and style which is not exactly tailor made for Floyd, am not suggesting that Khan will defeat Money but he's someone he would be worried about especially when it comes to protecting that unbeaten record as it comes ever so close to the 50 mark.

You continue to disapoint me with your thought process shaz. Who would Money be worried about more Khan or Pacman? What you smoking man? You are probably the only person who thinks Khan is fighting Pacquiao to avoid Khan. Get a grip.

I'm not saying Khan beats Mayweather. I'm only saying if Mayweather doesn't fight Pacman and also doesn't go with Khan as plan B then he is ducking Khan. Based on the interview above he doesn't even think Khan is a viable option. Even though a year ago he did (when Khan had less notable wins

I agree if Mayweather avoids Pacquiao and than passes up a Khan fight for some no name slow boxer than you can definitely make that argument.

You continue to disapoint me with your thought process shaz. Who would Money be worried about more Khan or Pacman? What you smoking man? You are probably the only person who thinks Khan is fighting Pacquiao to avoid Khan. Get a grip.

When this retarded ignaramus that knows jack shitt about boxing gets owned he tries to throw words in my mouth, i said floyd will fight manny because it makes more sense financially. ''Khan fighting pacquiao to avoid khan'' retard :)))

When this retarded ignaramus that knows jack shitt about boxing gets owned he tries to throw words in my mouth, i said floyd will fight manny because it makes more sense financially. ''Khan fighting pacquiao to avoid khan'' retard :)))

I am glad I have been able to change your mind enough that you are back tracking now. As long as you realize your mistake its all good.

I am glad I have been able to change your mind enough that you are back tracking now. As long as you realize your mistake its all good.

Quote me where I said otherwise, you just don't understand boxing.

And...

''Khan fighting pacquiao to avoid khan''*

:)))

#IgnaramusTARD

When you get owned and bent over just take it like a man instead of humiliating yourself further

Brook a "step up" :))) my word :facepalm:

Look out look out the Khan hater has landed, dude even after a performance like that you can't give the kid credit.

Did I say Khan would struggle against Alexander?...I said when the fight was taken that I was disappointed cos Devon isn't very good...and is stylistically good for Khan to look good against...

This isn't Khans fault if Guerrero did indeed price himself out of a fight but the fact is Guerrero is a superior fighter and stylistically he would have caused Khan a lot of problems...

As for Brook being a step up...of course he is...as is Thurman...Devon got absolutely battered by Porter yet now you seem to be bigging him up...even if he was a better fighter he is still stylistically less of a problem than the two i mentioned above...Kotelnik for instance is still Khans best opponent technically but not the toughest opponent for Khan if that makes sense...

Brook has just beaten Porter and Khan has just beaten Devon...

Did I say Khan would struggle against Alexander?...I said when the fight was taken that I was disappointed cos Devon isn't very good...and is stylistically good for Khan to look good against...

This isn't Khans fault if Guerrero did indeed price himself out of a fight but the fact is Guerrero is a superior fighter and stylistically he would have caused Khan a lot of problems...

As for Brook being a step up...of course he is...as is Thurman...Devon got absolutely battered by Porter yet now you seem to be bigging him up...even if he was a better fighter he is still stylistically less of a problem than the two i mentioned above...Kotelnik for instance is still Khans best opponent technically but not the toughest opponent for Khan if that makes sense...

styles make fights

as paulie said khan may not be able to beat thurman (although, I would argue he has a good chance) but he may be able to win rounds vs. Mayweather.

The triangle theory never works in boxing, any boxing fanatic knows that... a prime example is how pacman beat barerra, morales beat pacman yet barrera beat morales

Kell Brook is NOT a step up... that's laughable...he has 31 tomato cans on his resume and he's a step up? The only notable win he has is Shawn Porter other than that he has much to prove on the world stage..

Not to mention, it's not like Brook blew past Porter... that was a closer fight and one even had it a draw... whereas Khan's fight was a one-sideded whooping vs Devon.

I found it funny how Kell Brook was on sky studio and was wanting to devalue Khan's performance but it was impecable and he could say nothing... then he had the audacity to say that Khan had it the easy way and it's he who deserves Mayweather... ahah... are you kidding me? Fighting at home in 90% of your fights under Matchroom sports and that's the hard way?

what about Khan? coming back from back to back losses, moving and training in USA away from his family, yea, that's easy.

styles make fights

as paulie said khan may not be able to beat thurman (although, I would argue he has a good chance) but he may be able to win rounds vs. Mayweather.

The triangle theory never works in boxing, any boxing fanatic knows that... a prime example is how pacman beat barerra, morales beat pacman yet barrera beat morales

Kell Brook is NOT a step up... that's laughable...he has 31 tomato cans on his resume and he's a step up? The only notable win he has is Shawn Porter other than that he has much to prove on the world stage..

Not to mention, it's not like Brook blew past Porter... that was a closer fight and one even had it a draw... whereas Khan's fight was a one-sideded whooping vs Devon.

I found it funny how Kell Brook was on sky studio and was wanting to devalue Khan's performance but it was impecable and he could say nothing... then he had the audacity to say that Khan had it the easy way and it's he who deserves Mayweather... ahah... are you kidding me? Fighting at home in 90% of your fights under Matchroom sports and that's the hard way?

what about Khan? coming back from back to back losses, moving and training in USA away from his family, yea, that's easy.

Lol did you read what I wrote?...I said myself styles make fights i.e. Alexander was ALWAYS easy stylistically...

Where this triangle theory works isn't when discussing head to heads but discussing resumes and pecking orders...but since we're on the subject of Brook...he beats both Alexander and Porter...Khan doesnt beat Porter imo...

Fact is beating Alexander isn't nearly as impressive as beating Porter...

And yep I agree with Brook on deserving Mayweather...Brook deserves Mayweather as much as Khan does...I frankly think neither deserves Mayweather...

Brook has one good win but at the very least he is a belt holder...Khan has one legitimate win at welterweight generally...however the options for Floyd at welterweight are all undeserving...

Pac, Bradley, JMM are the elite fighters in the division but none are options...

Andy Lee 1st title defence of his newly won title should be against billy joe saunders and could be in ireland on st patricks weekend, that would be a massive pay day for both boxers if the match is made. There should be some good domestic Uk fights next year to look forward to.

I dont think Amir khan is going to get the fight v mayweather so he should be looking to fight brook instead in manchester or london which would be another good donestic dust up.

No but you are trying to belittle Alexander as a fighter now that Khan beat him and the magnitude of Khan's performance, we all felt he should win but i don't think any of us predicted he'd win all 12 rounds.

As for Brook being a step up.....

B4-7ewuIAAA-M6w.jpg

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] Khan has done more to deserve the Floyd fight then Brook the above pic proves why. And Khan-Brook will be a great fight but at this point i can't believe you would think that Brook is the "name" to get Khan noticed, if he don't get Manny-Floyd it's in his best interests to fight maidana or gurrero.

Individually Brook is a good fighter that has the tools to beat Khan but at this point he doesn't deserve the Floyd fight nor will he elevate Khans career if he were to lose in a fight with him. Winning a world title is great but make some defenses against elite opponents first before running your mouth as if you are the best thing since sliced bread.

And they said we hate Khan because he talks crap, Brook is on another level all together mate.

Andy Lee 1st title defence of his newly won title should be against billy joe saunders and could be in ireland on st patricks weekend, that would be a massive pay day for both boxers if the match is made. There should be some good domestic Uk fights next year to look forward to.

I dont think Amir khan is going to get the fight v mayweather so he should be looking to fight brook instead in manchester or london which would be another good donestic dust up.

I don't know if Joe is ready for the big one yet, just about got past Eubank. Perhaps he use should face Murray first.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] Khan has done more to deserve the Floyd fight then Brook the above pic proves why. And Khan-Brook will be a great fight but at this point i can't believe you would think that Brook is the "name" to get Khan noticed, if he don't get Manny-Floyd it's in his best interests to fight maidana or gurrero.

Your're as good as your last fight...and Brooks victory over Porter is better than Khans over Alexander...also Brook holds a belt...if Khan gets the Floyd fight its not cos he deserves it but cos hes a bigger sell...

Also the majority of Khans fights aren't at welterweight...Alexander is Khans first legitimate opponent at this weight...and these things matter...I don't for instance feel Danny Garcia should be a Floyd opponent when he is better than Khan...reason being he is a light welterweight...Brook and Thurman are more deserving...

As for me cussing Alexander...I would love you to find one post where I have praised Alexander...I was disappointed this fight got signed and I said Khan would win easily and he's done just that...

And I agree Kell is an idiot...im not a fan of Kell the person...I just feel he's a good boxer...and good enough to beat Khan...im no Brook fanboy...

Also please find where I said Khan needed to beat Brook to get noticed...Khan is the bigger name...of course he is...but Brook does have a belt which gives him some legitimacy...and he's beaten the man that beat the man that Khan just beat...

Neither deserves to face Mayweather frankly...and I think they should fight each other...

Your're as good as your last fight...and Brooks victory over Porter is better than Khans over Alexander...also Brook holds a belt...if Khan gets the Floyd fight its not cos he deserves it but cos hes a bigger sell...

Also the majority of Khans fights aren't at welterweight...Alexander is Khans first legitimate opponent at this weight...and these things matter...I don't for instance feel Danny Garcia should be a Floyd opponent when he is better than Khan...reason being he is a light welterweight...Brook and Thurman are more deserving...

As for me cussing Alexander...I would love you to find one post where I have praised Alexander...I was disappointed this fight got signed and I said Khan would win easily and he's done just that...

And I agree Kell is an idiot...im not a fan of Kell the person...I just feel he's a good boxer...and good enough to beat Khan...im no Brook fanboy...

Also please find where I said Khan needed to beat Brook to get noticed...Khan is the bigger name...of course he is...but Brook does have a belt which gives him some legitimacy...and he's beaten the man that beat the man that Khan just beat...

Neither deserves to face Mayweather frankly...and I think they should fight each other...

That's your opinion then we've discussed this so many times already, although you are as good as your last fight it doesn't mean your boxing record becomes meaningless all of a sudden or else Floyd would spare Brook a thought wouldn't he? Khan is name because of the elite fighters he has been in the ring with be it at light welter it doesn't really matter because his stock elevated because of his performances in that division, he's merely warming up thus far at welter after the crushing KO loss to garcia and the period of inactivity didn't help either so perhaps he'd have been in the ring with another top 10 welter other then alexander.

I'd love for you to show me a post of yours we're you are criticizing Alexander the way you are now the old boxing thread is deleted bro you're safe :)) i don't recall you being so disappointed if am honest nor do i remember you using the word "easily" i don't believe you envisioned Khan taking all 12 rounds even if you were extremely confident about the point victory.

Yeah he's a good boxer that has the tools to beat Khan but vice versa it's a good matchup imo, but i feel like you're overrating him with that one win over porter and he didn't even win in dominant fashion.

I didn't say you did, but am questioning why you think Brook would be best for Khan compared to a Gurrero or Maidana if he didn't get the floyd or manny fight

Brook is not a bigger name then Gurrero or Maidana or Broner and nor does his resume suggest that given his acheivements in comparison to those fighters [MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION], i see you feel as if Khan and Brook should fight with the winner getting Floyd? no way dude that would be a joke, Brook has a lot to do to before he is even mentioned in the same sentence as Floyd.

[MENTION=133972]shaykh[/MENTION] this is the time that the UK should get behind Khan and give him full support, why are all you guys turning on an olympian for? he's done his bit for the UK in terms of charity and helping the communities etc his image is generally pretty good in the public. I don't get why he is disliked so much, he's not a troll like eubank or any of the other cocky fighters like naz. Going on forums like east side it's sickening really reading some of the comments, if he was white he'd be bigger then hatton in terms of popularity and adulation from the fans.

No wonder Khan moved to America they respect him more there and he gets more love from Pakistan and India.

I don't know if Joe is ready for the big one yet, just about got past Eubank. Perhaps he use should face Murray first.

Murray is fighting GGG in Feb so is likely to be getting his 3rd career loss. I Think billy joe is an ever improving boxer and hes got a chance against Andy Lee more so then against another of the middle weight champions. he actually stepped a side from his title shot so lee and koborov could fight. I think the fight would be a 50:50 between Lee and Joe and would be tough one to call.

That's your opinion then we've discussed this so many times already, although you are as good as your last fight it doesn't mean your boxing record becomes meaningless all of a sudden or else Floyd would spare Brook a thought wouldn't he? Khan is name because of the elite fighters he has been in the ring with be it at light welter it doesn't really matter because his stock elevated because of his performances in that division, he's merely warming up thus far at welter after the crushing KO loss to garcia and the period of inactivity didn't help either so perhaps he'd have been in the ring with another top 10 welter other then alexander.

I'd love for you to show me a post of yours we're you are criticizing Alexander the way you are now the old boxing thread is deleted bro you're safe :)) i don't recall you being so disappointed if am honest nor do i remember you using the word "easily" i don't believe you envisioned Khan taking all 12 rounds even if you were extremely confident about the point victory.

Yeah he's a good boxer that has the tools to beat Khan but vice versa it's a good matchup imo, but i feel like you're overrating him with that one win over porter and he didn't even win in dominant fashion.

I didn't say you did, but am questioning why you think Brook would be best for Khan compared to a Gurrero or Maidana if he didn't get the floyd or manny fight

Evidence you are as good as your last fight is Floyds recent opposition...he isn't exactly fighting world beaters at the moment...Ortiz he fought after he beat Berto...prior to that fight all Ortiz had done was lose to Maidana and draw against Peterson...this was good enough to fight Floyd...

Guerrero also got a Floyd fight just cos he beat Berto...prior to that he was a lightweight...yet he got a Floyd fight...

Maidana had two good wins...Josesito and of course Broner...but it was that Broner win that helped him pip Khan who chose not to fight at all...

Floyd is fighting sub elite fighters cos elite fighters aren't available...so with that in mind Khan may very well get a fight...but he is no more deserving than Brook is...if Ortiz can get a fight then anyone can frankly...obviously in Brooks case he's an unknown so he won't...

As for Alexander...I have always been critical of Alexander...and I envisioned an easy win for Khan...but I expected a clinchfest...that is where i was wrong...

As for rating Brook cos he beat Porter its more cos i rate Porter...I didn't expect Brook to win...

As for Khan fighting Brook instead of Guerrero...there is bad blood and Brook is actually somewhat relevant at the moment...Brook also has a belt...i don't see why you think Guerrero is a better fight?...

As for Khan fighting Brook instead of Guerrero...there is bad blood and Brook is actually somewhat relevant at the moment...Brook also has a belt...i don't see why you think Guerrero is a better fight?...

Fighting Brook doesn't do much for Khan in his quest for Mayweather. Guerrero is not only a much bigger name in the states but also a former Mayweather opponent. If Khan doesn't get the fight in May (which would mean he has just missed out) then the next logical step in strengthening his claim for a Mayweather shot would be to do a better job on a recent opponent of Floyd. Guerrero fits the bill.

Before anyone brings up 'Brook has a belt', that doesn't really mean much with regards to a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. Let's not forget Randall Bailey & Paulie Malignaggi recently held Welterweight belts, were they ever in the running for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight?

The manner in which Khan completely dominated every minute of every round against a Top 10 Welterweight was very impressive. Bradley & Porter had beaten Devon, but Devon also won 3 and 4 rounds against each of them. He didn't come close to winning a round against Khan.

IMO Khan has done just as much, if not more than the likes of Ortiz, Guerrero & Maidana in meriting a fight with Mayweather. Do I think Khan would win? No, but it would be good to see Floyd fight that sort of style (providing the Pacquiao fight falls through as expected)

You never learn shaz do you? What would Khan achieve by fighting Maidana again? Its a lose lose situation for him if he loses he will be back to square one and if he wins so what? He beat a fighter that he had already beaten. You continue to be the only so called boxing fan who want to see Khan vs Maidana 2, terrible terrible suggestion once more by you. This is even worse than the time when you claimed Lesner would do better in the UFC because he looked good in WWE :facepalm You continue to disappoint.

And by the way Maidana's next bout will be against Thurman.

Fighting Brook doesn't do much for Khan in his quest for Mayweather. Guerrero is not only a much bigger name in the states but also a former Mayweather opponent. If Khan doesn't get the fight in May (which would mean he has just missed out) then the next logical step in strengthening his claim for a Mayweather shot would be to do a better job on a recent opponent of Floyd. Guerrero fits the bill.

Before anyone brings up 'Brook has a belt', that doesn't really mean much with regards to a fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao. Let's not forget Randall Bailey & Paulie Malignaggi recently held Welterweight belts, were they ever in the running for a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight?

The manner in which Khan completely dominated every minute of every round against a Top 10 Welterweight was very impressive. Bradley & Porter had beaten Devon, but Devon also won 3 and 4 rounds against each of them. He didn't come close to winning a round against Khan.

IMO Khan has done just as much, if not more than the likes of Ortiz, Guerrero & Maidana in meriting a fight with Mayweather. Do I think Khan would win? No, but it would be good to see Floyd fight that sort of style (providing the Pacquiao fight falls through as expected)

Guerrero is a good fight for Khan at WW in quest of a shot at Mayweather... and if he beats Guerrero in a similar fashion then ALL the fans will be calling for a Khan-Mayweather fight.

Brook having a belt doesn't mean anything in the world stage. He's an unknown quantity with 1 good win over porter. Amir Khan IS the bigger name and I don't think anyone would disagree.

The Kell Brook fight is always there for Khan, like a Plan B.

Personally, I would love to see Mayweather fight Pacman and have Khan vs Garcia 2 on the under card so the winners fight each other. That'd be a great card.

You never learn shaz do you? What would Khan achieve by fighting Maidana again? Its a lose lose situation for him if he loses he will be back to square one and if he wins so what? He beat a fighter that he had already beaten. You continue to be the only so called boxing fan who want to see Khan vs Maidana 2, terrible terrible suggestion once more by you. This is even worse than the time when you claimed Lesner would do better in the UFC because he looked good in WWE :facepalm You continue to disappoint.

And by the way Maidana's next bout will be against Thurman.

Firstly you continue to do vindicate what a retard you are so don't bother replying to my posts in a bid to save face after being bent over because you are a pretend fan of combat sport that knows jack shitt about boxing and don't throw words in my mouth i didn't say lesnar would do good in UFC because of his pro wrestling pedigree quote me loser. This is the same guy that said Anderson Silva is a overrated hack in the world of MMA :facepalm:

These retards don't understand that the maidana that fought Khan is a different one to the one which fought mayweather, a loss would sent him packing but a win would elevate him more then any other fight out there, get out of here ignaraums.

These retards don't understand that the maidana that fought Khan is a different one to the one which fought mayweather, a loss would sent him packing but a win would elevate him more then any other fight out there, get out of here ignaraums.

What in your mind a fight against Maidana achieve for Khan? You are the only one who is calling for a rematch between Khan and Maidana, why do you think that is? And why so mad bro?

Evidence you are as good as your last fight is Floyds recent opposition...he isn't exactly fighting world beaters at the moment...Ortiz he fought after he beat Berto...prior to that fight all Ortiz had done was lose to Maidana and draw against Peterson...this was good enough to fight Floyd...

Guerrero also got a Floyd fight just cos he beat Berto...prior to that he was a lightweight...yet he got a Floyd fight...

Maidana had two good wins...Josesito and of course Broner...but it was that Broner win that helped him pip Khan who chose not to fight at all...

Floyd is fighting sub elite fighters cos elite fighters aren't available...so with that in mind Khan may very well get a fight...but he is no more deserving than Brook is...if Ortiz can get a fight then anyone can frankly...obviously in Brooks case he's an unknown so he won't...

As for Alexander...I have always been critical of Alexander...and I envisioned an easy win for Khan...but I expected a clinchfest...that is where i was wrong...

As for rating Brook cos he beat Porter its more cos i rate Porter...I didn't expect Brook to win...

Floyd is a notorious ducker and dodger we all know that but Ortiz was a legitimate opponent that had the tools to cause money some problems and were it not for that controversial KO who knows what could have happened because Ortiz was starting to find his feet in that round, his heart has always been his weakness though. Yeah so is Brook a world beater? why should Floyd fight people that don't even make any financial sense? you ought to fight elite opponents that don't shy away from world class opposition and all Brook has is a belt and a win over Porter

What you mean Khan chose not to fight at all?

And haha yeah carry on making it look like fighters can't fight out clinches and do what they have to do to get the win even then there was a ref in there and he dominated alexander in a way no other fighter has managed but yeah.......Brook is the greatest for that incredible win over porter

To say the least, people know who Gurrero is at least. And his resume is far superior to Brook who fought tomato cans up until he was forced to face porter.

So Mayweather does a interview today with his biggest @ss kisser in the business Ben Thompson of fighthype. He basically goes on a rant about how if he was white he would be a multibillioner and the usual stuff about the past drug test excuse and 40 million offer to Pacquiao. After basically going in circles he finally mentions that he wants a fight with Pacman but Arum doesn't want to fight on May 2nd because now Arum is buddy buddy with Oscar and doesn't want to take the Cinco de Mayo date from Cotto and Canelo. The older Mayweather gets the dumber he sounds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sz4eEz3hKcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Floyd is a notorious ducker and dodger we all know that but Ortiz was a legitimate opponent that had the tools to cause money some problems and were it not for that controversial KO who knows what could have happened because Ortiz was starting to find his feet in that round, his heart has always been his weakness though. Yeah so is Brook a world beater? why should Floyd fight people that don't even make any financial sense? you ought to fight elite opponents that don't shy away from world class opposition and all Brook has is a belt and a win over Porter

What you mean Khan chose not to fight at all?

And haha yeah carry on making it look like fighters can't fight out clinches and do what they have to do to get the win even then there was a ref in there and he dominated alexander in a way no other fighter has managed but yeah.......Brook is the greatest for that incredible win over porter

To say the least, people know who Gurrero is at least. And his resume is far superior to Brook who fought tomato cans up until he was forced to face porter.

I disagree on Floyd being a ducker...that isn't what i was suggesting...i was saying his opposition is weak but this is unfortunately a reflection of what is available to him...Wlad finds himself in the same situation...

Marquez wants no part of Floyd again...and Bradley and Pac are Arum fighters so this doesnt leave much else for Floyd...he went up in weight and fought Canelo which he didn't need to do...he cant be blamed when the opposition available doesnt cut the mustard...

Ortiz was a legitimate opponent?...I dont recall anyone thinking Ortiz had a chance...one win against an overhyped Berto doesnt make him a worldbeater as he showed...he lacks the mental tools to do well as he showed against Maidana, Peterson and of course in his fight against Floyd...

Khan didn't deserve the fight over Maidana...I think we can agree on that...Khan chose not to fight...and Maidana beat Broner...he deserved the fight...it was Floyd choosing the better fight...

I don't for the record think Brook should fight Floyd...I have just stated that he has earned it as much as Khan has...if Khan gets the fight it is cos he sells tickets...not cos of his amazing achievements in the ring...people don't know Kells name hence why he needs more big fights...he HAS to build his case in the ring...Khan doesnt have to...he may very well get the Floyd fight..

So Mayweather does a interview today with his biggest @ss kisser in the business Ben Thompson of fighthype. He basically goes on a rant about how if he was white he would be a multibillioner and the usual stuff about the past drug test excuse and 40 million offer to Pacquiao. After basically going in circles he finally mentions that he wants a fight with Pacman but Arum doesn't want to fight on May 2nd because now Arum is buddy buddy with Oscar and doesn't want to take the Cinco de Mayo date from Cotto and Canelo. The older Mayweather gets the dumber he sounds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sz4eEz3hKcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Without treading over old ground...Arum is the single biggest reason this fight hasn't happened...

No but you are trying to belittle Alexander as a fighter now that Khan beat him and the magnitude of Khan's performance, we all felt he should win but i don't think any of us predicted he'd win all 12 rounds.

As for Brook being a step up.....

B4-7ewuIAAA-M6w.jpg

that snap captures everything you need to know, not surprised

Khan's last 10/13 opponents are well known

Whereas Brook's last 1 or 2/13 are well known

Without treading over old ground...Arum is the single biggest reason this fight hasn't happened...

Arum is definitely one of the reason but Mayweather is the main culprit. If Mayweather wanted the fight it would have happened already without a doubt. Everyone knows Mayw is highly protective of his undefeated record and will not risk it at any cost untless he is forced to. Heck Mayweather even admits in the interview that "yes I am a coward, but I am a rich coward" and a month ago or so even his eldest son called him a "coward" in a interview with USA today for beating his mother (Mayeather's baby mama) in front of him when the kid was younger.

Khan didn't deserve the fight over Maidana...I think we can agree on that...Khan chose not to fight...and Maidana beat Broner...he deserved the fight...it was Floyd choosing the better fight...

Mayweather's approach of taking bath with money and having a popularity contest to declare his next winner is sick and has corrupted Amir's mind too who calls out Mayweather at every op, knowing he won't have to fight again after it

Amir should concentrate on avoiding the freak show and fighting the likes of Porter and even Brook

that snap captures everything you need to know, not surprised

Khan's last 10/13 opponents are well known

Whereas Brook's last 1 or 2/13 are well known

Lol how is well known even relevant...Lebedev beat Roy Jones Jr...shall we laud him for that? :) ...or even Provos win against Castillo...this is why its shameful how people use the Barrera name when discussing Khan...that fight was a sham...Barrera was shot and even that it was a NC if not for some disgraceful refereeing...

Kotelnik...class fighter...I have always given Khan credit for this win...Kotelnik is seriously underrated...he beat Maidana and won every single second against Alexander...

Salita is a scrub...

Paulie is a good win albeit stylistically tailor made for Khan to look good against...

Maidana...brilliant win for Khan...credit where credit is due...

McCloskey...a joke of a fight...

Zab...never that good in his prime...and Khan beat him when he was past prime...his best win in recent time is a fight he didn't even win...and before that we have to go back a decade...he has lost to Khan, Paulie and Garcia in his last few fights...

Peterson...a loss...and if you wanna debate scorecards...it was a close fight...Mathysse blasted Lamont in a few rounds and Bradley shut him out completely...

Molina...absolute nobody...

Diaz...gatekeeper...people mention that he took Porter to a draw...this is precisely the reason Porter was written off as a prospect...it was embarrassing to get a draw...

Collazo...somewhat of a legitimate win...I actually think Collazo WAS an underrated fighter...I gave him the fight against Hatton...before he fought Ortiz his last relevant fight was 5 years ago...the Ortiz win was more about Ortiz being his unpredictable self than cos of Collazo...Ortiz quit...that said this was a good performance but very overrated by Khan fans...

Alexander...a legitimate step up for Khan and a win...

So of the last 13 fights...i would say Kotelnik, Maidana, Paulie and Alexander are wins against legitimate fighters...then you have the losses and then the rest is trite...

As for the comparison with Brooks CV...its a ridiculous comparison...Brook has only just fought for a world title and if you notice most fighters fight scrubs BEFORE they fight for titles...most fighters unless they are Nathan Cleverly step up their opposition at this point...Brooks next 10 fights will likely be against name opposition...the fact that Salita, McCloskey were title fights is pretty awful tbf...

Anyhow Thurman is better than both...and Thurmans development has been a lot more challenging than Brooks...hes taken good fights considering he's not fought for a title...

I disagree on Floyd being a ducker...that isn't what i was suggesting...i was saying his opposition is weak but this is unfortunately a reflection of what is available to him...Wlad finds himself in the same situation...

Marquez wants no part of Floyd again...and Bradley and Pac are Arum fighters so this doesnt leave much else for Floyd...he went up in weight and fought Canelo which he didn't need to do...he cant be blamed when the opposition available doesnt cut the mustard...

Ortiz was a legitimate opponent?...I dont recall anyone thinking Ortiz had a chance...one win against an overhyped Berto doesnt make him a worldbeater as he showed...he lacks the mental tools to do well as he showed against Maidana, Peterson and of course in his fight against Floyd...

I don't for the record think Brook should fight Floyd...I have just stated that he has earned it as much as Khan has...if Khan gets the fight it is cos he sells tickets...not cos of his amazing achievements in the ring...people don't know Kells name hence why he needs more big fights...he HAS to build his case in the ring...Khan doesnt have to...he may very well get the Floyd fight..

He is a ducker sure there is a lack of quality out there for him now but it doesn't change his nature. Why should Marquez want Floyd, at what weight was it he fought him again? it was just a matter of collecting a pack check for Marquez, you chop off a guys legs before a fight and what do you expect?

You don't recall people good everyone has their opinion but most fighters are going to be the underdogs going into a big fight with floyd but were it not for Ortiz Heart Floyd would have been in big trouble we just saw how floyd was strugglin in round 4, having said that the loss itself was controversial.

Yeah maidana deserved it over Khan, Khan came to box.

Who has brook fought before porter to deserve a fight with floyd? it would be the equivalent of a birmingham cabbie getting in the ring with Floyd. Khan would get the fight for his box office appeal which was orchestrated by being in the ring with ellite fighters and stunning performance against Alexander who lost 12 rounds to Khan.

Lol how is well known even relevant...Lebedev beat Roy Jones Jr...shall we laud him for that? :) ...or even Provos win against Castillo...this is why its shameful how people use the Barrera name when discussing Khan...that fight was a sham...Barrera was shot and even that it was a NC if not for some disgraceful refereeing...

Kotelnik...class fighter...I have always given Khan credit for this win...Kotelnik is seriously underrated...he beat Maidana and won every single second against Alexander...

Salita is a scrub...

Paulie is a good win albeit stylistically tailor made for Khan to look good against...

Maidana...brilliant win for Khan...credit where credit is due...

McCloskey...a joke of a fight...

Zab...never that good in his prime...and Khan beat him when he was past prime...his best win in recent time is a fight he didn't even win...and before that we have to go back a decade...he has lost to Khan, Paulie and Garcia in his last few fights...

Peterson...a loss...and if you wanna debate scorecards...it was a close fight...Mathysse blasted Lamont in a few rounds and Bradley shut him out completely...

Molina...absolute nobody...

Diaz...gatekeeper...people mention that he took Porter to a draw...this is precisely the reason Porter was written off as a prospect...it was embarrassing to get a draw...

Collazo...somewhat of a legitimate win...I actually think Collazo WAS an underrated fighter...I gave him the fight against Hatton...before he fought Ortiz his last relevant fight was 5 years ago...the Ortiz win was more about Ortiz being his unpredictable self than cos of Collazo...Ortiz quit...that said this was a good performance but very overrated by Khan fans...

Alexander...a legitimate step up for Khan and a win...

So of the last 13 fights...i would say Kotelnik, Maidana, Paulie and Alexander are wins against legitimate fighters...then you have the losses and then the rest is trite...

As for the comparison with Brooks CV...its a ridiculous comparison...Brook has only just fought for a world title and if you notice most fighters fight scrubs BEFORE they fight for titles...most fighters unless they are Nathan Cleverly step up their opposition at this point...Brooks next 10 fights will likely be against name opposition...the fact that Salita, McCloskey were title fights is pretty awful tbf...

Anyhow Thurman is better than both...and Thurmans development has been a lot more challenging than Brooks...hes taken good fights considering he's not fought for a title...

Brook has been facing bums for almost 30 plus fights, you can try and be little Khans opponents but the fact is he was in the ring with elite fighters. This logic about forgetting fights before a world title is also flawed, why has it taken Brook so long then to win a world title? it's simple he's been taking the easier fights hence why he is a nobody at this stage even after winning the IBF title. And i remember how you were making fun of Diaz as a Khan opponent yet you big up Brook's win over Porter the same guy that drew with Diaz, so by your logic this win over Porter is a load of ******** in itself

Brook has been facing bums for almost 30 plus fights, you can try and be little Khans opponents but the fact is he was in the ring with elite fighters. This logic about forgetting fights before a world title is also flawed, why has it taken Brook so long then to win a world title? it's simple he's been taking the easier fights hence why he is a nobody at this stage even after winning the IBF title. And i remember how you were making fun of Diaz as a Khan opponent yet you big up Brook's win over Porter the same guy that drew with Diaz, so by your logic this win over Porter is a load of ******** in itself

Did you read what i wrote about Diaz?...i said he is an awful fighter...and it is because he is an awful fighter than Porter went from prospect to no-one giving a damn...even when he rematched Diaz and won no-one cared...drawing against Diaz was like Khans Breidis Prescott moment...it was an embarrassment...Porter became relevant again because of what he did to Alexander and the manner in which he steamrolled Paulie...it is because of Diaz that everyone was shocked with how he battered Alexander...so if you don't get it by now I don't rate Diaz...

Porter actually has done better of late than Khan against the same opposition...Khan was marginally better against Alexander and Porter was better against Diaz and Paulie so the irony is you bigging up Khans wins over this opposition whilst trying to cuss Porter...

You cant cuss Porter then big up Khans win over Paulie...and its not like Paulie was shot...he had just beaten Zab comfortably...

You cant cuss Porter for Diaz considering the rematch was comfortable...

You also cant cuss Porter for Alexander considering how excited this win over Alexander has made you...

As for why its taken Kell so long...who cares...Lomachenko won a title and he hasn't even had 5 fights...some take steps up in short space of time and some don't...fact is we judge fighters by their reigns...pass judgement on Kells opposition over the next 5 fights...

He is a ducker sure there is a lack of quality out there for him now but it doesn't change his nature. Why should Marquez want Floyd, at what weight was it he fought him again? it was just a matter of collecting a pack check for Marquez, you chop off a guys legs before a fight and what do you expect?

You don't recall people good everyone has their opinion but most fighters are going to be the underdogs going into a big fight with floyd but were it not for Ortiz Heart Floyd would have been in big trouble we just saw how floyd was strugglin in round 4, having said that the loss itself was controversial.

Yeah maidana deserved it over Khan, Khan came to box.

Who has brook fought before porter to deserve a fight with floyd? it would be the equivalent of a birmingham cabbie getting in the ring with Floyd. Khan would get the fight for his box office appeal which was orchestrated by being in the ring with ellite fighters and stunning performance against Alexander who lost 12 rounds to Khan.

Lol what weight is JMM fighting at btw?...considering he's now campaigning at welterweight and looks comfortable then surely he can fight Floyd again...fact is he knows that whatever the weight is he won't beat Floyd...

Absolute rubbish on the Ortiz point...this is some myth being peddled about Ortiz coming on strong...the loss was controversial but not for a second was the outcome ever in doubt...

You misread my Maidana comment...I said he deserved the Mayweather fight over Khan...Khan chose to not fight Alexander...Maidana beat Broner...

Point is this...Khan has lost to Peterson, Garcia then beat bums and just beaten Alexander...nothing Khan has done in recent memory is worth talking about prior to Alexander...this is why Khan didn't deserve the fight last summer...Brooks one significant win is his most recent one...Khans only recent significant win was 4 years ago prior to Alexander :) ...

For the record i think Thurman is the best of the 3...

Did you read what i wrote about Diaz?...i said he is an awful fighter...and it is because he is an awful fighter than Porter went from prospect to no-one giving a damn...even when he rematched Diaz and won no-one cared...drawing against Diaz was like Khans Breidis Prescott moment...it was an embarrassment...Porter became relevant again because of what he did to Alexander and the manner in which he steamrolled Paulie...it is because of Diaz that everyone was shocked with how he battered Alexander...so if you don't get it by now I don't rate Diaz...

Porter actually has done better of late than Khan against the same opposition...Khan was marginally better against Alexander and Porter was better against Diaz and Paulie so the irony is you bigging up Khans wins over this opposition whilst trying to cuss Porter...

You cant cuss Porter then big up Khans win over Paulie...and its not like Paulie was shot...he had just beaten Zab comfortably...

You cant cuss Porter for Diaz considering the rematch was comfortable...

You also cant cuss Porter for Alexander considering how excited this win over Alexander has made you...

As for why its taken Kell so long...who cares...Lomachenko won a title and he hasn't even had 5 fights...some take steps up in short space of time and some don't...fact is we judge fighters by their reigns...pass judgement on Kells opposition over the next 5 fights...

Diaz is a former world champion i didn't bury him like you were after Khan defeated him while looking unconvincing, the point am making is you call Diaz awful and Porter going from prospect to no one giving a damn yet big up Brooks world title win over Porter? how does that make sense? am not burying porter just a question. Presscott was an undefeated fighter with serious punching power and at that stage it was a very risky fight for Khan but he took it. Porter gained credibility only after knocking out a Paulie that had been softened up by khan, Paulie the guy i recall you making fun off when we use to have our debates over the guys that Khan fought but now that brook beat the guy that took out paulie he's a credible opponent on khans resume all of a sudden

Khan was "marginally" better you say that even after he won 12 rounds against Alexander and making him look like he don't belong in the same ring as him.

It does matter in this case when you are making Kell and Khan seem like equals in the sense that they deserve floyd the same amount implying their records are similar in terms of facing elite fighters, Kell took the easy way to the world title ensuring he remained unbeaten by fighting tomato cans, had he taken risky fights his record wouldn't look so perfect and he'd be amongst the elite fighters. Had he taken on tough fighters he probably wouldn't have even got a shot a the world title, maybe that's what his team feared and they fear for him again rather then cement himself as a credible champion he wants a big pay day against Khan knowing that if he loses in his next couple of fights his stock would drop and even if Khan fight happened after that it wouldn't be so big.

Paulie was

had he taken risky fights his record wouldn't look so perfect and he'd e amongst the elite fighters if he was successful**

Lol what weight is JMM fighting at btw?...considering he's now campaigning at welterweight and looks comfortable then surely he can fight Floyd again...fact is he knows that whatever the weight is he won't beat Floyd...

Absolute rubbish on the Ortiz point...this is some myth being peddled about Ortiz coming on strong...the loss was controversial but not for a second was the outcome ever in doubt...

You misread my Maidana comment...I said he deserved the Mayweather fight over Khan...Khan chose to not fight Alexander...Maidana beat Broner...

Point is this...Khan has lost to Peterson, Garcia then beat bums and just beaten Alexander...nothing Khan has done in recent memory is worth talking about prior to Alexander...this is why Khan didn't deserve the fight last summer...Brooks one significant win is his most recent one...Khans only recent significant win was 4 years ago prior to Alexander :) ...

For the record i think Thurman is the best of the 3...

Marquez had a better chance then the fighters floyd has been in the ring with recently but you chop of the guys legs obviously he's gonna be easy to put him away.

Did i say Ortiz would have won the fight am just stating the obvious, Floyd was struggling against him in round 4 Ortiz had finally adjusted but then came that controversial KO anyhow there may have been a point when Ortiz would have given up but no one can be 100% sure barring his heart he had the tools to cause him serious problems

Khan thought he would get to fight mayweather otherwise Alexander was defo going to happen last year in december. And yeah i agree maidana deserved to fight Khan after beating broner

Khan beat peterson were it not for the point deductions a roided up peterson that is. I didn't say Khan deserved the fight last summer? he wasn't ready for it being the main reasoning why i felt that way, but we can't ignore his record prior to the Alexander fight. Despite those two losses one being very controversial he's been in the ring with world class fighters that really help his stock when you look at whether or not he is deserving of floyd.

Thurman's a great all round fighter that hasn't been tested yet, we'll have to wait and see what he is capable of.

Diaz is a former world champion i didn't bury him like you were after Khan defeated him while looking unconvincing, the point am making is you call Diaz awful and Porter going from prospect to no one giving a damn yet big up Brooks world title win over Porter? how does that make sense? am not burying porter just a question. Presscott was an undefeated fighter with serious punching power and at that stage it was a very risky fight for Khan but he took it. Porter gained credibility only after knocking out a Paulie that had been softened up by khan, Paulie the guy i recall you making fun off when we use to have our debates over the guys that Khan fought but now that brook beat the guy that took out paulie he's a credible opponent on khans resume all of a sudden

Khan was "marginally" better you say that even after he won 12 rounds against Alexander and making him look like he don't belong in the same ring as him.

It does matter in this case when you are making Kell and Khan seem like equals in the sense that they deserve floyd the same amount implying their records are similar in terms of facing elite fighters, Kell took the easy way to the world title ensuring he remained unbeaten by fighting tomato cans, had he taken risky fights his record wouldn't look so perfect and he'd be amongst the elite fighters. Had he taken on tough fighters he probably wouldn't have even got a shot a the world title, maybe that's what his team feared and they fear for him again rather then cement himself as a credible champion he wants a big pay day against Khan knowing that if he loses in his next couple of fights his stock would drop and even if Khan fight happened after that it wouldn't be so big.

Paulie was

Lol you really are reaching now...Julio Diaz was a world champion 7 years ago and as a lightweight...you do know Diaz hasn't beaten anyone for 7 years...so yes i will cuss him...drawing against him was an embarrassment for Porter and he avenged it...

And lol at Breidis being dangerous...he had a fluffed up Colombian record...do tell me who he's knocked out with his dangerous punching...lol bums like Mitchell took him to school...did he stop McCloskey...actually who has he stopped...no-one except Amir and then bums...Breidis is a bum and it was an embarrassing loss...stop trying to suggest that it was a respectable defeat...

Julio Diaz is a bum and so is Breidis...

And lol you really didn't read what I wrote did you...beating Diaz means nothing for Porter...it was what followed that made him relevant...he beat the same guys you big up Khan for beating...

Khan was marginally better...Porter battered Alexander...he just didn't win all the rounds...it looked like a stoppage was gonna happen in the first few rounds...

Kell went a specific route...you do realize these bums he fought were sanctioned by the IBF...and he eventually got his shot and won a title...Hatton, Jones, Saldivia, Senchenko and Porter were all IBF fight...eliminators etc...when you are a fighter with no name you find yourself going these routes...its ridiculous to judge Kell on the calibre of these opponents...just as it would be ridiculous for me to criticize Khans fighting of Earl or Limond...

Marquez had a better chance then the fighters floyd has been in the ring with recently but you chop of the guys legs obviously he's gonna be easy to put him away.

Did i say Ortiz would have won the fight am just stating the obvious, Floyd was struggling against him in round 4 Ortiz had finally adjusted but then came that controversial KO anyhow there may have been a point when Ortiz would have given up but no one can be 100% sure barring his heart he had the tools to cause him serious problems

Khan thought he would get to fight mayweather otherwise Alexander was defo going to happen last year in december. And yeah i agree maidana deserved to fight Khan after beating broner

Khan beat peterson were it not for the point deductions a roided up peterson that is. I didn't say Khan deserved the fight last summer? he wasn't ready for it being the main reasoning why i felt that way, but we can't ignore his record prior to the Alexander fight. Despite those two losses one being very controversial he's been in the ring with world class fighters that really help his stock when you look at whether or not he is deserving of floyd.

Thurman's a great all round fighter that hasn't been tested yet, we'll have to wait and see what he is capable of.

Thurman just retired Diaz...that fighter you think is amazing...Thurmans last 4 fights have been a lot better than either Khan or Kells...Diego Chaves is a class win...

The roid thing will be a long discussion...yes he cheated...as to what advantages he got...thats another discussion...point is Peterson matched Khan tactically...and the ref made mistakes on both ends...fact is also that Bradley shut him out and Matthysse blitzed him...you talk about Peterson as if he is an elite fighter...

Good news that winner of GGG v Murray will be no 1 contender to fight winner of Canelo and Cotto, I doub canelo would duck GGG So would be a good match up, if cotto wins he will probably run away like a coward as hes been ducking GGG already.

Lol you really are reaching now...Julio Diaz was a world champion 7 years ago and as a lightweight...you do know Diaz hasn't beaten anyone for 7 years...so yes i will cuss him...drawing against him was an embarrassment for Porter and he avenged it...

And lol at Breidis being dangerous...he had a fluffed up Colombian record...do tell me who he's knocked out with his dangerous punching...lol bums like Mitchell took him to school...did he stop McCloskey...actually who has he stopped...no-one except Amir and then bums...Breidis is a bum and it was an embarrassing loss...stop trying to suggest that it was a respectable defeat...

Julio Diaz is a bum and so is Breidis...

And lol you really didn't read what I wrote did you...beating Diaz means nothing for Porter...it was what followed that made him relevant...he beat the same guys you big up Khan for beating...

Khan was marginally better...Porter battered Alexander...he just didn't win all the rounds...it looked like a stoppage was gonna happen in the first few rounds...

Kell went a specific route...you do realize these bums he fought were sanctioned by the IBF...and he eventually got his shot and won a title...Hatton, Jones, Saldivia, Senchenko and Porter were all IBF fight...eliminators etc...when you are a fighter with no name you find yourself going these routes...its ridiculous to judge Kell on the calibre of these opponents...just as it would be ridiculous for me to criticize Khans fighting of Earl or Limond...

Exactly! and this is the guy which drew with Porter right who Brook just about Beat, so don't overrate the win and make it seem as if Brook is the best thing since slice bread.

It was an embarrassing loss losing in 60secs who said its respectable, but he was a dangerous opponent with serious power obviously Khan was a step up for him from the columbians in his young boxing career so you can't critique him much but at that stage he took a dangerous fight instead of fighting bums like Brook did at the same point, it was a risky fight both fighters were unbeaten and similar in terms of experience levels, Brook at the same stage fought tomato cans. In fact you know those bums prescott had been in the ring with up until that point where he fought Khan Brook had been facing them for 99% of his career, it was justifiable for prescott because his career was young.

Khan decimated Alexander and made him look like a rookie, if porter was good enough he'd have done the same but the guy drew with diaz it's only natural that Brook would beat such a fighter after being in the ring with so many bums

It's not like Khan was handed everything to him on a plate, compared to Brook he fought better fighters on the domestic scene which helped his stock. Yeah he went down the tomato can route good for him but no way is he in the same league as Khan

Thurman just retired Diaz...that fighter you think is amazing...Thurmans last 4 fights have been a lot better than either Khan or Kells...Diego Chaves is a class win...

The roid thing will be a long discussion...yes he cheated...as to what advantages he got...thats another discussion...point is Peterson matched Khan tactically...and the ref made mistakes on both ends...fact is also that Bradley shut him out and Matthysse blitzed him...you talk about Peterson as if he is an elite fighter...

I didn't say his amazing now, i merely gave a world champion respect. I bet he would give Brook serious problems if he stepped in the ring with him. That was a good win no doubt and he has potential. Individually as a fighter he would take out Brook but with Khan 50/50 chance, but at this point i rank Brook and Khan higher one has a world title and the other destroyed alexander. Thurman is still developing, he'll be ready for an elite fighter in a fight or two unless he chooses to go down the Brook route but i guess he doesn't need to because he's a legit prospect.

It's not really Peterson had a significant advantage not only from performance enhancing drugs but also from the ref, Khan would destroy him now. With Roach he only seemed to be aware of an offensive arsenal.

Exactly! and this is the guy which drew with Porter right who Brook just about Beat, so don't overrate the win and make it seem as if Brook is the best thing since slice bread.

It was an embarrassing loss losing in 60secs who said its respectable, but he was a dangerous opponent with serious power obviously Khan was a step up for him from the columbians in his young boxing career so you can't critique him much but at that stage he took a dangerous fight instead of fighting bums like Brook did at the same point, it was a risky fight both fighters were unbeaten and similar in terms of experience levels, Brook at the same stage fought tomato cans. In fact you know those bums prescott had been in the ring with up until that point where he fought Khan Brook had been facing them for 99% of his career, it was justifiable for prescott because his career was young.

Khan decimated Alexander and made him look like a rookie, if porter was good enough he'd have done the same but the guy drew with diaz it's only natural that Brook would beat such a fighter after being in the ring with so many bums

It's not like Khan was handed everything to him on a plate, compared to Brook he fought better fighters on the domestic scene which helped his stock. Yeah he went down the tomato can route good for him but no way is he in the same league as Khan

Lol this is ridiculous now...

Porters draw was a blip...much like the loss to Breidis...one drew against a bum and avenged it...the other lost to a bum and improved...you writing off Porter is akin to me saying Khan is rubbish cos he lost to Breidis...its a ridiculous position to take...if anything one can make a better argument against Khan cos at least Porter rematched Diaz and beat him comprehensively...Khan didn't avenge his defeat...

Porter beat Diaz, Alexander and Paulie in a comprehensive fashion...yet you seem to dismiss him cos he drew against Diaz...
Khan beat Diaz, Alexander and Paulie which you give him credit for yet you still big him up despite losing to Peterson, Breidis and Garcia...

And this I have been in the ring with world class opposition argument is stupid honestly...cos actually that makes Alexander the best of the lot...

He's been in with Khan, Porter, Bradley, Witter, Maidana, Kotelnik and Matthysse...lets if course take no notice of whether he won all of these fights like you have with Khan...

Khan fought tomato cans prior to his title fight just like Brook did...Breidis was as much of a tomato can as Saldivia was...

Arum is definitely one of the reason but Mayweather is the main culprit. If Mayweather wanted the fight it would have happened already without a doubt. Everyone knows Mayw is highly protective of his undefeated record and will not risk it at any cost untless he is forced to. Heck Mayweather even admits in the interview that "yes I am a coward, but I am a rich coward" and a month ago or so even his eldest son called him a "coward" in a interview with USA today for beating his mother (Mayeather's baby mama) in front of him when the kid was younger.

No he's not, why didn't Pacquiao take the blood tests back in 09?

I didn't say his amazing now, i merely gave a world champion respect. I bet he would give Brook serious problems if he stepped in the ring with him. That was a good win no doubt and he has potential. Individually as a fighter he would take out Brook but with Khan 50/50 chance, but at this point i rank Brook and Khan higher one has a world title and the other destroyed alexander. Thurman is still developing, he'll be ready for an elite fighter in a fight or two unless he chooses to go down the Brook route but i guess he doesn't need to because he's a legit prospect.

It's not really Peterson had a significant advantage not only from performance enhancing drugs but also from the ref, Khan would destroy him now. With Roach he only seemed to be aware of an offensive arsenal.

PP really shouldn't have deleted that thread...now i have to retread old ground again...referee had a shocker generally...Peterson was also disadvantaged with the knockdowns etc...and lol at Khan destroying Peterson now...Peterson presented more a style challenge than Alexander did...Peterson isn't Diaz...hes a decent fighter but one good fighters beat like Bradley and Matthysse did...

And lol at Brook struggling with Diaz...what I find amusing is you make this argument based on skill set on not just cos it would require Brook at have a terrible performance like Porter did...Brooks Diaz/Breidis moment came against Carson Jones and he set the record straight the next time round...Brook has fought tomato cans but Diaz is worse than those tomato cans Brook has been fighting...

Lol to play your game Senchenko was a former world champion 2 years ago not 7...and at welterweight...I don't rate Senchenko...i don't rate Diaz...its you who's making Diaz out to be a threat...just cos Khan struggled against tomato cans doesnt make them legit fighters...

Lol this is ridiculous now...

Porters draw was a blip...much like the loss to Breidis...one drew against a bum and avenged it...the other lost to a bum and improved...you writing off Porter is akin to me saying Khan is rubbish cos he lost to Breidis...its a ridiculous position to take...if anything one can make a better argument against Khan cos at least Porter rematched Diaz and beat him comprehensively...Khan didn't avenge his defeat...

Porter beat Diaz, Alexander and Paulie in a comprehensive fashion...yet you seem to dismiss him cos he drew against Diaz...
Khan beat Diaz, Alexander and Paulie which you give him credit for yet you still big him up despite losing to Peterson, Breidis and Garcia...

And this I have been in the ring with world class opposition argument is stupid honestly...cos actually that makes Alexander the best of the lot...

He's been in with Khan, Porter, Bradley, Witter, Maidana, Kotelnik and Matthysse...lets if course take no notice of whether he won all of these fights like you have with Khan...

Khan fought tomato cans prior to his title fight just like Brook did...Breidis was as much of a tomato can as Saldivia was...

Yeah it is your bias is very evident.

Are you joking lmao maybe you could brush that draw off as a blip if it happened earlier in his career but it came during his peak, and no it's not the same mate Khan lost to prescott at a stage when he didn't even need to take that fight and he was young/inexperienced never mind the change in coach/bad camp. Prescott turned into a bum after that fight he didn't need to take that fight again, he fought maidana instead a puncher more fearsome he left the tomato cans for Brook.

Am not dismissing him entirely and i don't know why you keep throwing words in my mouth about diaz when am questioning why you overate Brooks win over porter a guy that drew with the bum Diaz. You ought to show Khan more credit you can't change your viewpoints all of a sudden, you're not so harsh on Brook for beating porter a guy that drew with Diaz but because Khan wasn't convincing against Diaz you throw knives at him that too during his rebuilding phase

Why is it stupid? because Brook has been in the ring with tomato cans right it doesn't matter if you fight world class/elite fighters now what a joke, nah Brook took fighting bums to another level its a disgrace he got a shot at the world title like that if am honest

PP really shouldn't have deleted that thread...now i have to retread old ground again...referee had a shocker generally...Peterson was also disadvantaged with the knockdowns etc...and lol at Khan destroying Peterson now...Peterson presented more a style challenge than Alexander did...Peterson isn't Diaz...hes a decent fighter but one good fighters beat like Bradley and Matthysse did...

And lol at Brook struggling with Diaz...what I find amusing is you make this argument based on skill set on not just cos it would require Brook at have a terrible performance like Porter did...Brooks Diaz/Breidis moment came against Carson Jones and he set the record straight the next time round...Brook has fought tomato cans but Diaz is worse than those tomato cans Brook has been fighting...

Lol to play your game Senchenko was a former world champion 2 years ago not 7...and at welterweight...I don't rate Senchenko...i don't rate Diaz...its you who's making Diaz out to be a threat...just cos Khan struggled against tomato cans doesnt make them legit fighters...

He took 12 rounds against Alexander and displayed great skill thanks to training under virgil, regardless of the challenge peterson would present stylistically Khan would destroy him i mean he almost did despite the fact that he was roided up with a ref helping him in addition to fighting a style taught by freddie which was not so effective for Khan as we have now seen.

He would struggle against him i have no doubt in my mind. Prescott was more dangerous for Khan at that point then Carson friggin Jones lmao and it came at at time were you'd think Brook would make light work off him but that's what happens when you fight bums all the time

But if tomato cans draw with fighters which are beaten by Brook we forget about that they were a tomato can right, and nah don't throw words him out about threat etc am just showing how biased you are towards brook

Back