CB Series | Australia vs Sri Lanka | 9th Match | | Hobart |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he do that? He's a set batsman who is now hitting at a strike rate of 73. I'm sure if he's around at the death it will be closer to 80. Once you are set you can milk the runs and then set up for an assault in the death overs, rather than letting new batsmen have to do it from the get go Afridi style.

Now he has slowed down as he is approaching towards a milestone :sachin

:out and now the better man goes out

Now he has slowed down as he is approaching towards a milestone :sachin

:out and now the better man goes out

Forrest has decided he's going to be the one to bat through the innings. There's a difference between slowing down to approach a milestone :sachin and not heedlessly throwing the bat at everything a la lalala :afridi

Forrest has decided he's going to be the one to bat through the innings. There's a difference between slowing down to approach a milestone :sachin and not heedlessly throwing the bat at everything a la lalala :afridi

Not asking to throw the bat at everything but has played way too many dot balls, why not take a single or look for twos instead. He looks like a good prospect for Test cricket but for ODI's playing 70+ dot ball is a crime :misbah

Last edited:
Not asking to throw the bat at everything but has played way too many dot balls, why not take a single or look for twos instead. He looks like a good prospect for Test cricket but for ODI's playing 70+ dot ball is a crime :misbah

He's only a new bloke. I think he can be forgiven this characteristic until we see some trends emerge. He's batted fairly intelligently given he came in pretty much at the start of the innings and had to do a bit of recovery.

And as I type he throws the bat and gets himself out. He'd be unhappy with that dismissal after the way he had played earlier in the innings, it was a pretty moronic :afridi type shot. Good knock though.

Just for the record, I usually give players enough of a sample size to make a fair evaluation, unless it's clear they suck bad like Mick Lewis :O

Last edited:
I guess warner will be dropped and Wato will be in .

Warner's a special project, I'm guessing they will want to give him a long extended run. Wade will probably drop down the order and one of the Husseys will make way.

And as I type he throws the bat and gets himself out. He'd be unhappy with that dismissal after the way he had played earlier in the innings, it was a pretty moronic :afridi type shot. Good knock though.

Just for the record, I usually give players enough of a sample size to make a fair evaluation, unless it's clear they suck bad like Mick Lewis :O

What are you talking about? That was the best shot of his entire innings :afridi

Yeah I think I was being a little harsh on him earlier, good knock for a youngsta beauty :waqar coming in a pressure situation

Good start to Ponting's campaign

AmZdRN6CIAEdMHj.jpg

Ominous signs for SL

If these two stay there for 4-5 overs, AUS would easily cross 300.

What are you talking about? That was the best shot of his entire innings :afridi

Yeah I think I was being a little harsh on him earlier, good knock for a youngsta beauty :waqar coming in a pressure situation

Don't think it was harsh, just premature IMO :D If a year from now he still slows down for milestones and gets out right after them then we can definitely say he is pulling a :sachin

Hussey bros batting like a boss, running excellent between the wickets and hitting sixers and boundaries. Entertaining stuff :afridi

Last 5 ovs: 57/1 RR 11.40

If these two can keep this up, target will be around 315

Hussey Sr gets yorked. Another nail in the coffin of his ODI career I reckon.

Australia folding. Procession of wickets after Forrest threw his wicket away.

"Its the old story with India again... IF A beats B by X runs within Z.3 overs and IF Y loses to W by D wickets then India will reach the final. Same old story I've been seeing for the last 25 years." Epic comment that from Krishna!

Cricinfo

:))) :))) :)))

Cracking start by the Lankans. Certainly gave Lee some tap.

Interestingsly Hilfenhaus hit 150kph in front of his home crowd, quickest I've ever seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back