Chris Gayle versus David Warner versus Kevin Pietersen versus AB de Villiers: Who is the greatest all format batter of the modern era?

Rana

Hall of Famer
Runs
Really fascinated with these discussions of ‘all format player’, as I feel this is a way out for people to neglect the ineptness of certain players in certain formats. I’ve tried to look at it in an alternative way, I suppose if you really want to insist on a Batter’s all format prowess, then I believe the player must be able to hold his own as a proper white ball player first. Not some guy who averages well in Tests, is good/decent in ODI and is alright in T20…no thanks. This disqualifies your Smiths, Kohli’s, Williamsons, Roots, even Babar’s and Rizwans (who their fans love to stuff into the discussion)

I’ve picked 4 players who have defined the modern batting era we have today. All 4 players average above 40 in Test cricket with over 100 Tests. All 4 players have played a significant amount of white ball cricket (ODI and T20i), all 4 players have fetched massive fees in the global franchise market. 4 brands of cricket who have redefined the game in their time, and raised the level! Which of the 4 is the greatest all format batsman of this modern era?

Really fascinated with these discussions of ‘all format player’, as I feel this is a way out for people to neglect the ineptness of certain players in certain formats. I’ve tried to look at it in an alternative way, I suppose if you really want to insist on a Batter’s all format prowess, then I believe the player must be able to hold his own as a proper white ball player first. Not some guy who averages well in Tests, is good/decent in ODI and is alright in T20…no thanks. This disqualifies your Smiths, Kohli’s, Williamsons, Roots, even Babar’s and Rizwans (who their fans love to stuff into the discussion)

I’ve picked 4 players who have defined the modern batting era we have today. All 4 players average above 40 in Test cricket with over 100 Tests. All 4 players have played a significant amount of white ball cricket (ODI and T20i), all 4 players have fetched massive fees in the global franchise market. 4 brands of cricket who have redefined the game in their time, and raised the level! Which of the 4 is the greatest all format batsman of this modern era?
In terms of all format achievements

1) Warner
2) Gayle
3) De villers
4) KP

In terms of actual player and ability

1) De villers
2) Warner
3) Gayle
4) KP

Sorry KP, he's super super good, but he just doesn't match up to these 3

1) Warner
2) Gayle
3) De villers
4) KP

1) De villers
2) Warner
3) Gayle
4) KP

Actually I change my mind, Gayle > Warner in terms of all format achievements

This is a tricky question between these four. I am inclined to go for KP as it stands, but I think it may be more down to having watched him more than the other players than anything else. I will wait to see the reasons behind the other picks by other posters before making a conclusive decision.

Currently, my inclination is

KP
Warner
ABDV
Gayle

Good choices.

I'll go

AB
Warner
Gayle
Pietersen

in that order
Pietersen underrated

Legit superstar of the game. Cristiano Ronaldo of cricket. KP did enable England to win their first ever white ball competition in 2010. The idea in 2015 was to have every batter like KP (but not KP himself)

1) Warner
2) Gayle
3) De villers
4) KP

1) De villers
2) Warner
3) Gayle
4) KP

Greatest all-format batter is Virat Kohli. No one comes close to his match winning abilities. AB was a baby in comparison.

Greatest all-format WK bat is Rizwan. Average 40+ in all formats of the game and an outstanding away record in tests.
For a better side he would have won multiple ICC trophies

Greatest all-format batter is Virat Kohli. No one comes close to his match winning abilities. AB was a baby in comparison.

Greatest all-format WK bat is Rizwan. Average 40+ in all formats of the game and an outstanding away record in tests.
Thanks for reaffirming the fact that people are viewing this term “greatest all format batter” in the wrong way.

The names you have mentioned are underwhelming in white ball formats in comparison to the 4 names I have mentioned. I didn’t say they are rubbish in comparison, but I don’t view them in the same light. Sorry.

Pietersen underrated

Legit superstar of the game. Cristiano Ronaldo of cricket. KP did enable England to win their first ever white ball competition in 2010. The idea in 2015 was to have every batter like KP (but not KP himself)
I'm not underrating him but

Gayle is a literal all format icon, their isnt a single T20 batter that is superior to him and in test he's freaking brilliant, and hes also a gayle storm in odi.

Then you have de villers who virtually changed the game. He's more or less the guy who shaped unorthodox cricket.

Warner vs KP is the only one that's up for debate but Warner is just the superior batter, has more achievements, has more ability in general.

KP is a gun player but you put him next to The 3 greatest all format players from their respective countries.

Answer is Kohli. Kohli owned ODI and T20I for more than a decade and Peaked very high in Tests for a few years.
Case closed!

SR in T20I:
ABD: 135
Gayle : 137.5
Pieterson: 141.5
Warner: 142.5

Kohli: 137.
Not much difference in Strike rate while Kohli thumps all discussion with average, and wins and impact by a country mile in T20I.

Literally a joke starter for a thread :ROFLMAO:

Answer is Kohli. Kohli owned ODI and T20I for more than a decade and Peaked very high in Tests for a few years.
Case closed!

SR in T20I:

Not much difference in Strike rate while Kohli thumps all discussion with average, and wins and impact by a country mile in T20I.

Tbh Kohli’s last few years have kind of let him down. Peak Kohli with his numbers no doubt but let’s not forget, you have to be fair when considering he too smashed a lot of these rubbish teams like West Indies and Sri Lanka at home. Sharma would have made this list of 4 into 5 had he played 100 Tests. He is a player that can definitely be considered amongst those who have ‘re-defined’ the white ball game.

Wait, I can understand kohli and complaining why he ain't here.

Rizwan khaan sei aya 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Quinton's left foot is superior to rizwan in every format in every capacity.

He's superior as a keeper, Batsmen and as a professional cricketer + in terms of IQ as well

Case closed!

SR in T20I:

Agree 100 % . Kohli is the most fearsome name in modern limited overs cricket. The most prized wicket in the game after SRT retired.

The KING of destruction. The Viv Richards of modern era. The GOAT.

Tbh Kohli’s last few years have kind of let him down. Peak Kohli with his numbers no doubt but let’s not forget, you have to be fair when considering he too smashed a lot of these rubbish teams like West Indies and Sri Lanka at home. Sharma would have made this list of 4 into 5 had he played 100 Tests. He is a player that can definitely be considered amongst those who have ‘re-defined’ the white ball game.
Let's not talk in air. Compare stat to stat . All these players played in same era and have practically ended their white ball careers.
None of these players come even close to Kohli's might and impact in international white ball cricket. If we talk about Kohli's dip in last few years, despite that his stats trump each of these guys by far.
Kohli has been skipping minnows for many years in T20Is.

Realistically, someone who I may have missed out is Sehwag (maybe Jaysuriya too),

AB - had scored runs all over world while rest are not great in some perticular country.
KP
Warner
Then Gayle

No he is not. At his peak in 2016 maybe. But he has declined too much in both Tests and T20Is.
Pietersen underrated

I had to go through their stats after reading this. I was going off of memory.

The problem with KP was that he didn't play enough white ball cricket .

Quit ODI cricket way too early and played only 30 odd T20Is. And he was definitely an inferior ODI batter to AB and Warner

AB's T20 I stats don't stand out , surprisingly. Good but not great

OK this is tough.

Warner has played memorable knocks in the 2023 World Cup and in the 2021 World T20 KO's

And his overall record is also strong across both formats.

So maybe I'll go with Warner on top.

Wait, I can understand kohli and complaining why he ain't here.

Rizwan khaan sei aya 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Quinton's left foot is superior to rizwan in every format in every capacity.

He's superior as a keeper, Batsmen and as a professional cricketer + in terms of IQ as well
Lol compare their test and T20 record. Quinton was a nothing player in T20 and was a sitting duck in tests outside SA.

Rizwan has played some superb innings in aus nz eng

1) Warner
2) Gayle
3) De villers
4) KP

1) De villers
2) Warner
3) Gayle
4) KP

Even I was going by what I remember in terms of ability that's why my initial order was the same as your 2nd one.

AB - had scored runs all over world while rest are not great in some perticular country.
KP
Warner
Then Gayle
Warner's left foot is a superior all format cricketer then kohli, He didn't decline into oblivion post 2016 and maintained all format dominance since his debut.

No 2014-2016 time periods, throughout his career.

He didn't have to suffer a dry patch againat junaid Khan for a transitioning Indian team, didn't have to suffer a massive 4 year decline in test and a recent 1 year decline In odi or a 2 year decline in t20.

Neither did gayle, KP or AB.

All these guys are greats in all countries

Lol compare their test and T20 record. Quinton was a nothing player in T20 and was a sitting duck in tests outside SA.

It’s a silly question and unrelated but I guess why not,

Rizwan is better than QDQ according to you?

No he is not. At his peak in 2016 maybe. But he has declined too much in both Tests and T20Is.
There seems to be a funny high benchmark for Kohli. :p
Despite a significant dip in his form in Tests and T20I, his numbers still trump Warner's by a country mile.
Kohli averages +5 in Tests, +13 in ODIs and +16 in T20I compared to Warner. These are not small differences by any stretch.
Let's not compare Man of the matches and the series to talk about Impact runs.
Warner just has just a little edge in Strike rate in formats.

Warner's left foot is a superior all format cricketer then kohli, He didn't decline into oblivion post 2016 and maintained all format dominance since his debut.

No 2014-2016 time periods, throughout his career.

He didn't have to suffer a dry patch againat junaid Khan for a transitioning Indian team, didn't have to suffer a massive 4 year decline in test and a recent 1 year decline In odi or a 2 year decline in t20.

Neither did gayle, KP or AB.

All these guys are greats in all countries
Lol Warner has medicore record in india and England.

I don't know how he was performed in others country's as I dont watched.

Another gem of statement from you. Thank for a laugh.

Let's not talk in air.
Who’s talking in air? I didn’t start watching cricket because I had nothing else to do in Covid 19.

If you can see the discussion going on, there are knowledgeable posters who rate Gayle higher than some of the names listed. His average is below those players in all of the formats in some cases. You have to watched cricket to understand why they still rate Gayle higher than those players. It’s not all about stats and what’s on paper.

You disqualified Kohli :yk

He is miles and miles ahead of all the above as an all format player, only Deviliiers come close but even he has failed in t20 intternationals.

Who’s talking in air? I didn’t start watching cricket because I had nothing else to do in Covid 19.

If you can see the discussion going on, there are knowledgeable posters who rate Gayle higher than some of the names listed. His average is below those players in all of the formats in some cases. You have to watched cricket to understand why they still rate Gayle higher than those players. It’s not all about stats and what’s on paper.
I rate gayle extremely low, he is just a more consistent version of Afridi that's all.
He thrived on low quality minnow bowling of franchise cricket. and as for international matches, left WI to fend for itself too often.

Thanks for reaffirming the fact that people are viewing this term “greatest all format batter” in the wrong way.

The names you have mentioned are underwhelming in white ball formats in comparison to the 4 names I have mentioned. I didn’t say they are rubbish in comparison, but I don’t view them in the same light. Sorry.
Kohli was underwhelming in white ball? Good Lord, you dont understand cricket, do you?

Oh chal mama, he averages 56 and 52 in Australia and NZ test in their own den and averages 43 against India in t20 with a strike rate of 138 and hes played India the most in t20 only behind England, west indies and Australia and Sri lanka.

And he averages 50 in t20 on Indian soil and don't even get me started in his world cup record that ye pulled in 2023.

I've been watching quinton since 2013, he's one of my favourite players. Kis ko pagal bana raha hai?

He is miles and miles ahead of all the above as an all format player, only Deviliiers come close but even he has failed in t20 intternationals.
As I said, I wanted to take an alternative way of viewing this discussion. Kohli for me has great numbers but I still wouldn’t pick him over other white ball players if I had a choice between the two.

It’s just a matter of perspective.

The people who rate Gayle high is the reason some dumbfounded selections that we see by some special boards.
A top order batsman with an average of 27 with SR of 137 is being rated higher than someone who averaged 48 and with higher Strike rate.
Haha, this generation of fans truly of short attention spans. :ROFLMAO:

I rate gayle extremely low, he is just a more consistent version of Afridi that's all.
He thrived on low quality minnow bowling of franchise cricket. and as for international matches, left WI to fend for itself too often.
Watch Gayle’s innings v Australia at the Oval 2009, which bowler was he sending to Oval tube station?

OMG i don't read ,is OP actually talking about all the player's. I thought he is comparing only four players .

If he disqualified Kohli than i disqualified this thread also .lol

King Kohli is best all formats player then there is a gap then rest .

I had to go through their stats after reading this. I was going off of memory.

The problem with KP was that he didn't play enough white ball cricket .

Quit ODI cricket way too early and played only 30 odd T20Is. And he was definitely an inferior ODI batter to AB and Warner

AB's T20 I stats don't stand out , surprisingly. Good but not great

OK this is tough.

Warner has played memorable knocks in the 2023 World Cup and in the 2021 World T20 KO's

And his overall record is also strong across both formats.

So maybe I'll go with Warner on top.
The thread is talking about whole career performance not current performance, theres no way in hell these other guys come any close to Kohli.

Devilliers was outright bad in t20 internationals and world cup.

Just Look at ODI ratings graph will tell anyone here that the likes of KP shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as kohli or even Rohit.

Even with Kohlis drop of form he has been a better test bat than all the above names apart from maybe AB.

Lol Warner has medicore record in india and England.

I don't know how he was performed in others country's as I dont watched.

Another gem of statement from you. Thank for a laugh.
The only thing that's medicore is kohli's odi tournament record when facing Australia in finals.

Kohli was underwhelming in white ball? Good Lord, you dont understand cricket, do you?
I mean, yeah I feel in comparison to those guys. Kick nahi milti bro, what can I do? I get that thrill from Jaiswal, Sharma and Pandya. It’s just how I view cricket man. Don’t kill me for my view.

There seems to be a funny high benchmark for Kohli. :p
Despite a significant dip in his form in Tests and T20I, his numbers still trump Warner's by a country mile.
Kohli averages +5 in Tests, +13 in ODIs and +16 in T20I compared to Warner. These are not small differences by any stretch.
Let's not compare Man of the matches and the series to talk about Impact runs.
Warner just has just a little edge in Strike rate in formats.
The poster I quoted said that nobody comes close to Kohli in terms of being the GOAT all format batter.

That's not true . That maybe was the case in 2016.

He can be in the mix for sure.

If we are talking about stats alone. AB was superior to Kohli both in Tests and more impactful even in ODIs.

Even in T20Is , AB's T20I stocks were going up for the last 4 years where he was striking at 150 +

Great Argument
I'm sorry but if I get replies saying this player is medicore in this country but I don't know about other countries cause I never watched those games and didn't bother doing my research then they'll get such responses

I mean, yeah I feel in comparison to those guys. Kick nahi milti bro, what can I do? I get that thrill from Jaiswal, Sharma and Pandya. It’s just how I view cricket man. Don’t kill me for my view.
Your views are wrong bro, these are the kind of views that will always get flak on cricketing forums.

You basically should have asked who was the most aggresive all format batter here and that would have worked?

The poster I quoted said that nobody comes close to Kohli in terms of being the GOAT all format batter.

That's not true . That maybe was the case in 2016.

He can be in the mix for sure.

If we are talking about stats alone. AB was superior to Kohli both in Tests and more impactful even in ODIs.

Even in T20Is , AB's T20I stocks were going up for the last 4 years where he was striking at 150 +
Can you post stats to prove AB was more impactful in ODIS.

Also AB was easily the least impactful SA batter in that legendary lineup, even South AFricans believe that.

Why are you talking about phases here, AB ended up with bad stats in t20s

Your views are wrong bro, these are the kind of views that will always get flak on cricketing forums.

You basically should have asked who was the most aggresive all format batter here and that would have worked?
Don’t really care mate.

I think Gayle, Kp, AB and Warner warrant a discussion about the greatest all format batter of the modern era

Kohli is better than Smith, Williamson, Babar and Root if that makes you happy?

The things is even virat had big lean patches still he is way ahead than any others players when comes to best all formats players ..period

Don’t really care mate.

I think Gayle, Kp, AB and Warner warrant a discussion about the greatest all format batter of the modern era

Kohli is better than Smith, Williamson, Babar and Root if that makes you happy?
It doesn't make me happy at all, those three names are not even in the same galaxy as Kohli as all format players. those three are three of the worst t20 batsman, OTOH Kohli has been two time MOTS in t20 world cup and has easily been Indias greatest ever t20 batsman.

He has been the best match winner for us in t20s, just because he faded away in the last tournament doesnt take much away from him, despite that he won us the finals.

Can you post stats to prove AB was more impactful in ODIS.

Also AB was easily the least impactful SA batter in that legendary lineup, even South AFricans believe that.

Why are you talking about phases here, AB ended up with bad stats in t20s
How do YOU measure impact ?

I know you are a Kohli fan to death but answer a simple question and that's enough for me

Did you think Kohli's knock in the World Cup semi final at Wankhede was the most impactful knock of the night or not ?

I know you are a Kohli fan to death but answer a simple question and that's enough for me

Did you think Kohli's knock in the World Cup semi final at Wankhede was the most impactful knock of the night of not ?
Aithe rakh!

Did you think Kohli's knock in the World Cup semi final at Wankhede was the most impactful knock of the night of not ?
Not really, it was not the most impactful knock. That was Iyer's.

Still it was a pretty damn good knock, he was playing one role and he excelled in it, imagine him getting out early and then we would be left with the likes of Rahul and Sky.

Not really, it was not the most impactful knock. That was Iyer's.

Still it was a pretty damn good knock, he was playing one role and he excelled in it, imagine him getting out early and then we would be left with the likes of Rahul and Sky.

Cricinfo impact ratings rates of only as the 3rd most impactful after Mitchell's and Kohli's.

There's no ifs and buts in impact. It either or isnt.

BTW Kane Williamson played at a slower pace than Kohli, still his wicket was the most crucial one for us in that semifinals, that is because NZ completely failed to build their nning after Kane's departure.

There are players around whom the whole batting lineup plays, that is Kohli for us and Kane for Nz.

Oh chal mama, he averages 56 and 52 in Australia and NZ test in their own den and averages 43 against India in t20 with a strike rate of 138 and hes played India the most in t20 only behind England, west indies and Australia and Sri lanka.

And he averages 50 in t20 on Indian soil and don't even get me started in his world cup record that ye pulled in 2023.

I've been watching quinton since 2013, he's one of my favourite players. Kis ko pagal bana raha hai?
As an all format WK batsman Rizwan is better. In T20's Quinton was a dud.

Quinton could score only in southern hemisphere in tests where the bounce suited him. In seaming and spin conditions he was a s good as tailender

Let's not talk in air. Compare stat to stat . All these players played in same era and have practically ended their white ball careers.
None of these players come even close to Kohli's might and impact in international white ball cricket. If we talk about Kohli's dip in last few years, despite that his stats trump each of these guys by far.
Kohli has been skipping minnows for many years in T20Is.
If Kohli was on the list I'd pick him as number 1. He's played some GOAT ODI and T20 innings.

As an all format WK batsman Rizwan is better. In T20's Quinton was a dud.

Quinton could score only in southern hemisphere in tests where the bounce suited him. In seaming and spin conditions he was a s good as tailender
Your favourite could not put bat to ball in Asian conditions.
Average of 22 23 11 in India Pak Lanka 😂😂😂

btw @Nikhil_cric this is the team picked by cricinfo according to their IMPACT POINTS

Even with all that mathematical forumulas, Kohli was still the most impactful batsman from India according to your trusted source cricinfo.
Glad we could define impact and you won't hide under averages and strike rates. .

Kohli has been an average or below average impact player for 6-7 years in T20 cricket now.

This is especially true in the IPL but also in T20Is.

And no, the Barbados final knock was an average knock. A 50 scored off 48 balls in T20's is as poor as it gets.

This was the criteria used by cricinfo to decide the batting rating points in the world cup

• Runs scored
  • Absolute SR
  • IVI (Support, Relative SR, %Team Score)
  • Bowling Quality
  • Pitch Quality
  • Innings status
  • Runs with late order
  • Partnerships
  • TSR/L/R (Team Strength ratio/Location/Result)
  • Match Importance Index (multiplication factor)

Kohli again was on top here, with 430 rating points, this was easily the best ever performance by a batsman in a world cup, scored runs against all attacks , great chasing performances, along with being the highest run scorer in knockouts.

Best player actually is kp
Tests is the main. Format

Legends only created in tests

Glad we could define impact and you won't hide under averages and strike rates. .

Kohli has been an average or below average impact player for 6-7 years in T20 cricket now.

This is especially true in the IPL but also in T20Is.

And no, the Barbados final knock was an average knock. A 50 scored off 48 balls in T20's is as poor as it gets.
The barbados innings was slow but without that we would have lost, so No, you are wrong here.

Even with your impact points, Kohli is still there in the team, so he must have had impact too.

Various metrics to evaluate players over their career:
Runs, averages, Strike rates, 100s, 50s, 6s, 4s, Man of the matches, man of the series, ICC tournaments won, test series won. Captaincy record.
Kohli would be number 1 in literally 90% of these benchmarks (and it won't even be close). People can cherry pick from the remaining 10% criteria to have their own Modern cricket batting GOAT. :D

The barbados innings was slow but without that we would have lost, so No, you are wrong here.

Even with your impact points, Kohli is still there in the team, so he must have had impact too.
Kohli has one of the lowest total impact in the entire World T20 for the Indian team. Only higher than Jadeja and Dube

For the number of balls he played , that impact was very low. So no, you are once again using excuses to hide behind his kack of impact.

If Rohit had got out , we would have lost to Australia in the World T20 too but that didn't stop him from playing a match winning knock.

Kohli didn't win us that match.

Various metrics to evaluate players over their career:
Runs, averages, Strike rates, 100s, 50s, 6s, 4s, Man of the matches, man of the series, ICC tournaments won, test series won. Captaincy record.
Kohli would be number 1 in literally 90% of these benchmarks (and it won't even be close). People can cherry pick from the remaining 10% criteria to have their own Modern cricket batting GOAT. :D
Today plastic fan hype any lallu panju players based on one, two innings or some Even rate only due to domestic performance rather than international . Funny

Your favourite could not put bat to ball in Asian conditions.
Average of 22 23 11 in India Pak Lanka 😂😂😂
Why not ping me next time when trying to sarcastically attack? Or are you too afraid of a head on collison?

Quinton has barely played any test against those teams. As for avg of 22 in India, Where did you get that from?

He averages 50 with a strike rate of 138 in t20 in India? His 4 centuries in a single world cup came on Indian soil?

Where are you getting these numbers from? From your imagination?

How about you explain why Rizwan

Averages 22 with a strike rate of 104 in Australia despite playing an entire world cup their + multiple preparation matches?

Or how about you explain why rizzu averages 31 with a strike rate of 90 in odi in UAE despite it being the den where he's played the most games barring his own home soil of pakistan?

Or better yet how about you explain how a keeper opener who averages the lowest sr and avg barring babar in 2 icc tournaments t20 tournaments back to back is somehow supposedly a superior all formst batter to quinton who's dominated odi and t20 cups?

Kohli has one of the lowest total impact in the entire World T20 for the Indian team. Only higher than Jadeja and Dube

For the number of balls he played , that impact was very low. So no, you are once again using excuses to hide behind his kack of impact.

If Rohit had got out , we would have lost to Australia in the World T20 too but that didn't stop him from playing a match winning knock.

Oh bhai it was only Kohli knock that we post a competitive total otherwise we would have bundled out less than 150 .

Then today South Africa would have World T20 champion not india.

Today plastic fan hype any lallu panju players based on one, two innings or some Even rate only due to domestic performance rather than international . Funny
Its funny how people are quoting one off performances by these players. The listed players are all good but number of solo innings where Kohli delivered wins like a beast will literally be more than double than any of the other players listed. :p

Not hiding behind anything, he had a horrible t20 wc this time, but was one of the reason we won the finals as evident by him winning the man of the match, pls pull out cricinfo rating for that match, quite sure Kohli would be there.

Its funny how people are quoting one off performances by these players. The listed players are all good but number of solo innings where Kohli delivered wins like a beast will literally be more than double than any of the other players listed. :p
Number of matches won by Kohli > Total number of match won by all listed players .:vk

Bumrah won that game. His score was pathehtic. India winning because they were a poor side, had a batting collapse and their best batter played a horrific innings on a decent pitch is as pathetic as it gets.

You guys should be praising Bumrah left and right and not any of the batters that the bowling attack was good enough to defend such filth.

India had a dreadful performance and if the bowling didn't do it, you'd be sitting here eating your words.

Zimbabwe defended 130 against afghanistan in 2017 and managed to defend the lowest total in the modern era. It was all thanks to the bowlers. Just cause one batter managed to get over 40 in that team doesn't mean we give him any credit.

You have a player who's a passenger in t20 and test for years and years now while the rest of these players like Warner remained consistent in all formats from debut till the end.

2014-2016 is a train you are free to ride. Don't go to 2012 where junaid kham put kphli out of commission or modern era where every test team or heck sri lanka in odi gives kohli a concussion.

Not hiding behind anything, he had a horrible t20 wc this time, but was one of the reason we won the finals as evident by him winning the man of the match, pls pull out cricinfo rating for that match, quite sure Kohli would be there.
Axar's batting impact was more than Kohli's despite batting fewer balls let alone the impact of the bowlers.

Just had a look at the espn cricinfo impact ratings that is somehow definitive for posters here

In the finals of t20 world cup this was the rating for batsman

1. Klassen -87 points
2 Axar - 74 points
3. Kohli - 73 points.

So even here Kohli had as much ilpact as Patel, which means he was our most impactful batsman along with Patel.

This doubt is cleared too.

@Nikhil_cric @mominsaigol

Axar's batting impact was more than Kohli's despite batting fewer balls let alone the impact of the bowlers.
Yeah check my post
Bumrah won that game. His score was pathehtic. India winning because they were a poor side, had a batting collapse and their best batter played a horrific innings on a decent pitch is as pathetic as it gets.

You guys should be praising Bumrah left and right and not any of the batters that the bowling attack was good enough to defend such filth.

India had a dreadful performance and if the bowling didn't do it, you'd be sitting here eating your words.

Zimbabwe defended 130 against afghanistan in 2017 and managed to defend the lowest total in the modern era. It was all thanks to the bowlers. Just cause one batter managed to get over 40 in that team doesn't mean we give him any credit.

You have a player who's a passenger in t20 and test for years and years now while the rest of these players like Warner remained consistent in all formats from debut till the end.

2014-2016 is a train you are free to ride. Don't go to 2012 where junaid kham put kphli out of commission or modern era where every test team or heck sri lanka in odi gives kohli a concussion.
so Warner was consistent from start to end and despite that has fewer match winning performances than Kohli and also way worse average than him?

Nice, try again.

Why not ping me next time when trying to sarcastically attack? Or are you too afraid of a head on collison?

Quinton has barely played any test against those teams. As for avg of 22 in India, Where did you get that from?

He averages 50 with a strike rate of 138 in t20 in India? His 4 centuries in a single world cup came on Indian soil?

Where are you getting these numbers from? From your imagination?

How about you explain why Rizwan

Averages 22 with a strike rate of 104 in Australia despite playing an entire world cup their + multiple preparation matches?

Or how about you explain why rizzu averages 31 with a strike rate of 90 in odi in UAE despite it being the den where he's played the most games barring his own home soil of pakistan?

Or better yet how about you explain how a keeper opener who averages the lowest sr and avg barring babar in 2 icc tournaments t20 tournaments back to back is somehow supposedly a superior all formst batter to quinton who's dominated odi and t20 cups?
O chal. Kisko pagal bana raha?
Test cricket is the ultimate

Just had a look at the espn cricinfo impact ratings that is somehow definitive for posters here

In the finals of t20 world cup this was the rating for batsman

1. Klassen -87 points
2 Axar - 74 points
3. Kohli - 73 points.

So even here Kohli had as much ilpact as Patel, which means he was our most impactful batsman along with Patel.

This doubt is cleared too.

@Nikhil_cric @mominsaigol
Who gives a crap about cricinfo points ratings? Check zimb vs Afghanistan 2017 points rating. Their batters made it on the list despite 130 score being made and defended in odi 🤣

Back