Chris Gayle versus David Warner versus Kevin Pietersen versus AB de Villiers: Who is the greatest all format batter of the modern era?

Who has most trophies? Warner.
Who has most runs? Gayle.

Between these two, I would pick Warner definitely.

Without a doubt man. I don’t think a lot of these younger lot realise what a great player Gayle was. He only became this party man after ensuring he has given his best in the Test format and also served Windies well in the ODI team too. Probably the last of a great line of world class Windies batters…

Now they are producing heavily talented players but the longevity is missing. Pooran and Shai Hope are trying to change that by giving West Indies more time instead of just chasing money.

Hit the nail on the head. The younger lot only saw his T20 exploits and those who got to watch him forget about how good he was in test cricket. You have to be a great opener to average 42 at a strike rate of 60. It's much easier to average 50 if you bat down the order like Misbah, Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq did. This tro all had strike rates in the low to mid 40s despite having the luxury of playing their home tests on batting paradises in the UAE.

Gayle also has had a tremendous record in SENA. Averaged 50 in Australia (against Warne and McGrath), 67 in New Zealand and 54 in South Africa. Not too shabby in England either, 36 average at a strike rate of almost 80.

People can say what they want but he was an ATG opener in tests and white ball cricket.

3 more worthy mentions, possibly Tier 2 of the All format GOATs, absolute stalwarts of the white ball game:

1. Michael Hussey (79 Tests averaging 51)
2. Virender Sehwag (not enough T20is but a legendary white ball player)
3. Brendon McCullum (average slightly below 40 in Tests with over 100 Tests, but an absolute GUN)

My personal rankings:

1. A.B Devilliers
2. Kevin Pietersen
3. Chris Gayle
4. David Warner
- - - - - -
5. Virender Sehwag
6. Brendon McCullum
7. Micheal Hussey

When did Sehwag become a legendary white ball player :apology

These intent merchants don't really have a clue, even Indians dont include Sehwag in there ATG team, he was nowhere near ATG status in ODIs, would rather take someone like Jason Roy over him who had more impact.

My personal rankings:

1. A.B Devilliers
2. Kevin Pietersen
3. Chris Gayle
4. David Warner
- - - - - -
5. Virender Sehwag
6. Brendon McCullum
7. Micheal Hussey
So Michael Hussey gives you the kick? how is that? wasnt he an accumulator who could up the run rate only after getting set.

My personal rankings:

1. A.B Devilliers
2. Kevin Pietersen
3. Chris Gayle
4. David Warner
- - - - - -
5. Virender Sehwag
6. Brendon McCullum
7. Micheal Hussey
I mostly agree with the top 4. 5,6 and 7 don't really matter as there are better ones out there.

When did Sehwag become a legendary white ball player :apology

These intent merchants don't really have a clue, even Indians dont include Sehwag in there ATG team, he was nowhere near ATG status in ODIs, would rather take someone like Jason Roy over him who had more impact.
Is Jaysuriya a legendary white ball player or not?

Is Jaysuriya a legendary white ball player or not?
You put Ricky Pointing as no 1 ever. Keep speaking the truth and ignore the rest.

I saw Pointing play, most immaculate technique and intent I've ever seen along with perfect footwork, his biggest crime is that he ain't Indian and neither is Jaysuria 🫠

I mostly agree with the top 4. 5,6 and 7 don't really matter as there are better ones out there.
Who do you think are better? They can’t be white ball liabilities at any point of their career

You put Ricky Pointing as no 1 ever. Keep speaking the truth and ignore the rest.

I saw Pointing play, most immaculate technique and intent I've ever seen along with perfect footwork, his biggest crime is that he ain't Indian and neither is Jaysuria 🫠
His biggest crime is his numbers and performances don’t stack up too well against the greats of the LOI world.

Idiotic and racist statements is your only forte. Keep bringing one off performances to judge players.

His biggest crime is his numbers and performances don’t stack up too well against the greats of the LOI world.

Idiotic and racist statements is your only forte. Keep bringing one off performances to judge players.
Racist? How is stating Pointing is no 1 a racist statement when it isn't even made by me 🤣. I just agreed with it.

People can have whatever opinions they wish, learn to accept it. I accept whatever rubbish comes from your mouth? See I'm very mature compared to you, I don't force myself 🫠

Back