Congratulations: England World T20 Champions [Merged]

Atif

ODI Debutant
Runs
Congratulations: England World T20 Champions!

Congratulations England for winning the t20 world cup 2010

Deserved it after beating the unbeaten team in the final with ease :)

Absolutely brilliant performance today.

Hammered the Aussies.

Congrats to everybody.

We're coming for you :D

They deserved this victory. England the first time winner of any World Cup.

we really thrashed them! love it. could be a great year for English cricket, is already a good one

They had to win a major event one day. Congratulations...

:14: The best team won this cup for sure. Congrats England and we look forward to facing you again in the near future :D

BBC is a British news channel right? How come no breaking news as yet?

I have been saying for some time . England has arguably the most balanced side for shorter formats & its not surprising they have been so dominant here .

really well played england. aussies were never in the game from ball 1. aussies outplayed.

its.raja said:
BBC is a British news channel right? How come no breaking news as yet?

BBC is always slow with breaking news, usually 10-15 mins later than other news channels

Very well hammered.

Well done England, Aussies were THRASHED and i loved every moment :D

Well done world champions England.

Congratulations to England ! What a monumental moment for my home nation !

They deserved it !!

Congratulations ENGLAND................well done............actually very well done................. absolutely dominating performance............pummelled the aussies.........

Congrats to England - a fully deserved victory. They have been excellent throughout the tournament

We can learn a lot from them in terms of squad balance

Time to jump on the bandwagon me thinks.

Proud to be English! Arise Sir Kevin Pietersen.

Come on boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssss!!!!

KP is fearless!!!!

Congratulations England!! A clinical performance by them. They had some new faces in the team. We can learn a thing or two from them.

England was the only white team that Australia faced in this tournament and they lost against it!!

jusarrived said:
I have been saying for some time . England has arguably the most balanced side for shorter formats & its not surprising they have been so dominant here .

Well if you've been saying it for some time you're not a very good judge

because its just now that they've found some good balance in their side

Great win for England.

They dominated from start to finish. Kind of like the Aussies in the way they played today.

They should savor the moment cause Pakistan will destroy them in the tests. :)))

Andy Flower has been an inspirational coach since hes joined them. Hes always working hard behind the scenes. He takes alot of credit. Hes always analysing the situation and making notes and strategies.

Maybe abother lesson we have learnt is that we should go back to our strength i.e FAST bowling. We can fill our side with 3-4 world class spin options but you still need at least 3 fit and firing fast bowlers to win in this format.

Well done England.

Heartiest Congratulations to Team England on winning their 1st Ever Major Trophy at the ICC Events as they get a resounding win over Australia in the Final Of the WT20 at Barbados!

Xcellent Team-work, Terrific Adjustment to The Format and the Conditions, Inspiring Victory & Fully deserved.

To the Oz's................... very very good improvement for them this time but in the Final, England were simply too good for them.

chui_kadoo said:
Exactly just like the Ashes in 2005. Imagine if they win the football world cup this year

It's up to them. India also went mad after their win. As for the Footie world cup England have no chance.

Congratulations England, But does anyone in the uk actually care about this win?

Have there been any major celebrations so far?

Atherton is saying that the Ashes victory in 2009 is valued higher than the world cup victory today.WHat do u guys think?

Brilliant, simply brilliant! Easily the best team in the tourney, and loved the way they smashed the Aussies! Congratulations England!

Well done England! I doubt much of England knew the match was taking place there was hardly any build up in the media.

Atif said:
Congratulations England for winning the t20 world cup 2010

Deserved it after beating the unbeaten team in the final with ease :)

Absolutely. We didn't bring our A game with us to the final. 140-odd was always going to be easy to chase on that wicket, but Kieswetter played a blinder. Well done to the Poms!

well what a turn around for the English

prennenial bridesmaids have finally got hitched

awesome tourno for England - played with real aggression and self belief

deserved winners - totally BOSSED Australia today

chui_kadoo said:
Atherton is saying that the Ashes victory in 2009 is valued higher than the world cup victory today.WHat do u guys think?

Gahhhhhh, tough one! Both wins were very surprising for me, I think it's brilliant we are now world champions and Ashes holders when a year ago I would have not seriously expected either from this team. However I think that it is telling how the first thing I thought when I knew we were going to win today (except 'YAY!') is that this team could go the Australia and retain the Ashes. So, Ashes for me.

England team has made huge strides since T20 WC last year, especially in their batting.

Congratulations on a superb win over an impressive Aussie side.

England's T20 Triumph Was Better Than Pakistan's

England's triumph was something special for sure... I would say it was better than Pakistan's in 2009 from a performance perspective.. the England side beat all the top side convincingly and had a 100% winning record in all full completed games, they are thoroughly deserving winners for sure who should enjoy the moment

"In order to be the best, you have to beat the best" and that's what England did ! They won 5 matches in a row from the super eight stage onwards and 4 on them were successful run chases ! KP was player of the tournament and deserved it too, he is at the top of his life at the moment with the world champions status and the fact that he is a father! Flying back over the Atlantic was a worthwhile thing to do Mr KP, what a week for you ! England beat Pak/RSA/NZ/SRI LANKA and Australia = Champions for sure whereas last year Pakistan only beat the minnows Holland, Ireland, NZ and then RSA and the Lankans in the big games - Maaz

Although I enjoyed last year more from a personal point of view, this English triumph felt far more comprehensive !

BoomBoomCricket said:
England's triumph was something special for sure... I would say it was better than Pakistan's in 2009 from a performance perspective.. the England side beat all the top side convincingly and had a 100% winning record in all full completed games, they are thoroughly deserving winners for sure who should enjoy the moment

"In order to be the best, you have to beat the best" and that's what England did ! They won 5 matches in a row from the super eight stage onwards and 4 on them were successful run chases ! KP was player of the tournament and deserved it too, he is at the top of his life at the moment with the world champions status and the fact that he is a father! Flying back over the Atlantic was a worthwhile thing to do Mr KP, what a week for you ! England beat Pak/RSA/NZ/SRI LANKA and Australia = Champions for sure whereas last year Pakistan only beat the minnows Holland, Ireland, NZ and then RSA and the Lankans in the big games - Maaz

Although I enjoyed last year more from a personal point of view, this English triumph felt far more comprehensive !

And you could argue that Pakistan's was better because we were riddled with disunity & infighting; coaches not talking to each other; not turning up to grounds in good time!

Youu seem to have forgotten HOW Pak beat SA in the semi & then battered a rampant Sri Lankan team, widely considered to be the most complete unit in the tournament.

Chalo finally they have won something eh ;) Congrats England..be ready for team Pakistan.

I was relieved that it was not yet another World Cup to the Australians.
Loved how the english (and SA) players took the game to the Aussies and thoroughly thrashed them. Lessons we can take from this: hard work pays off, belief in oneself/team to surpass the aussies, and importance of tactics in the field.

so how's england celebrating..

last year my cuz sent me videos of burry park at luton when Pakistan won...and it was marvelous.. and thought wish i was there ..(.although been there few times.).and its amazing..

so what's a word on street...after england won?
are they celebrating like we Pakistani did ?
or they quite type?
are we the only one cricket crazy? ;-)

Desire said:
are uk born pakistanis celebrating the victory??

no just talked with my cuz ..he is born pakistani ..he said no way..
but if its footbal then yes...

no one celebrates like us ,not even indians!!
i dont expect anything fun going on...english people r too dull abd somber!!

They do not know how to celebrate.

Dont blame them- they hardly win anything

Also last year, all the cities were packed out, with pakistanis dancing and celerbrating.. but i have not seen not even one english supporter this year
and all us british pakistanis support pakistan :(

Congratulations to the England team from me too, they've been a very solid team throughout the tournament, they got a well-deserved victory. Well done.

chui_kadoo said:
He is right - people over here still care about test cricket more than any other format and the ashes are seen as the pinnacle.
Will be interesting to see if that changes as success undoubtably will breed interest.

ahahahaha Aussie Women won too =D

lol group photo isn't gonna look nice

well done english . . .

yep , it was my 2nd Favorite team in this T20 World cup ,
Congratulations to England :14: :14:

i hope we will share this trophy with you soon :yk

yes england deserved to win ................ they were brilliant in this world cup , and they are a team to watch ........... and australian bowling looked so ordinary it was shocking to see england won with three overs to spare :14: :14: :14: :14: :14:

I thought after the momentum that Aussies had beating pakistan, they should have beaten Eng with ease but thats the reason T20 is won more by luck than 50/50.

anyway Congrats Eng for first WC since its inception. Finally the inventors of this game are the wourld champions.

adit_sh said:
I thought after the momentum that Aussies had beating pakistan, they should have beaten Eng with ease but thats the reason T20 is won more by luck than 50/50.

anyway Congrats Eng for first WC since its inception. Finally the inventors of this game are the wourld champions.

I think the pure luck factor is fast declining in T20. England had the most balanced team in the tournament. The Aussies had 3 weak spots in Watson the bowler, Smith and Clarke, whereas England had none. England fully exploited Australia's 3 weaknesses today. I would expect the same English team to give any team a run for its money in the 50 over format too.

Congrats England... before the match and after the Australian semi-final performance I would've bet against England... but wow, an absolutely devastating performance with both bat and ball. Australia were losing from the first over of the match! In perspective, it's much like how Pakistan dominated Australia for 39 overs until a Hussey miracle intervened... there no miracles for Australia today with the ball though!

Well done England!

Aussies gave up so easily... especially Michael Clarke.. what the hell was he doing today whilst running between the wickets? Was so nervous and it showed... I think that really did Australia in today. I just wish if the Aussies were going to give up the cup so easily in the Finals that Hussey retained his miracle-innings for another day and let Pakistan progress to fight England... cuz once we were in form (from the SA game), we weren't going to go down so easily!

A pathetic fight put up by Australia for sure...

Congratulations! First-ever World Cup victory after 35 years!!!

zulfiqar said:
Aussies gave up so easily... especially Michael Clarke.. what the hell was he doing today whilst running between the wickets? Was so nervous and it showed... I think that really did Australia in today. I just wish if the Aussies were going to give up the cup so easily in the Finals that Hussey retained his miracle-innings for another day and let Pakistan progress to fight England... cuz once we were in form (from the SA game), we weren't going to go down so easily!

A pathetic fight put up by Australia for sure...

As opposed to those mighty other teams who didn't make the final? :13:

Random Aussie said:
As opposed to those mighty other teams who didn't make the final? :13:

To be fair RA, it was a poor performance by Australia. Very poor.

On a side note, is this the first final of an international WC that Australia has lost?

Though it was pretty much one sided game and hussey Proved that he didnot have any Plan B or C while collingwood on other hand had Plane B,C or even D.So its good captaincy and good batting which enabled England to win this WorldCup

Back