How far will Pakistan progress in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

How far will Pakistan progress in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Semis is there for grabs for this team. Rest of the progress will be purely their game on that day. If they clicked, they might as well reach the finals.

This is Pakistan's group

n2WHwRL.png

Last edited by a moderator:
T20 is a lottery. Anyone can get into finals with some toss support and couple of good spells/inns.

This Pak squad doesn't have that depth of quality. Can't see them chasing down anything above 170, and can't see them defending unless Shaheen has a bumper spell in PP

They will likely limp through tournament and exit quietly in super 8s

I think Semis is there for grabs for this team. Rest of the progress will be purely their game on that day. If they clicked, they might as well reach the finals.
This team will get butchered by Australia in the group 8 stages and that'll be the end.

Pakistan will be having 3 games in which they'll be playing one of

1) Australia/ England

2) Afghanistan/NZ/ West Indies depending on which 3 reaches the top 2 in their group

3) South Africa / Sri lanka.

If its Australia then Allah hafiz, since they'll demoralise Pakistan lol.

The other 2 can be beaten though

before that they will reach back to Pakistan, semis is out of their reach!

Looking at Pakistan squad opposition wont get chill in the spine all upto Gary Kirsten to maximize their strength

The bowling of Pakistan will be the main thing in this World Cup. If it clicks, then we can definitely reach the semis for sure. Fielding has to improve as well. Cannot be dropping catches at crucial moments and then expect the team to win in the end.

Someone please convince babar and rizwan to bat in the middle order knowing full well our MO is fragile + I already know what squad we'll pick lol, omg 2023 wc is repeating smh.

1) Saim
2) Fakhar
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Imad
6) Agha
7) Azam Khan
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Amir
11) Abrar

^^ This is such a terrible squad that their is no adjustment but logically this is the best you can go for.

Usman khan, Abass afridi, Chacha and Shadab will probably be the squad backups.

Zaman will be left out most likely.

Although knowing Pakistan they'll go with

1) Babar
2) Rizwan
3) Saim
4) Fakhar
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Imad
8) Shaheen
9) Naseem
10) Amir
11) Abrar

They have the draw in such a way Austarlia and England don't belong in the same group. It is very hard to beat them. So you have to beat other teams.

Pakistan team are just like China products here, they can go to the finals or either get crashed out in the group or super eight stage.

This is Pakistan's group

n2WHwRL.png

I fear for a Group Stage exit.

Pakistan team are just like China products here, they can go to the finals or either get crashed out in the group or super eight stage.
Since when has a Chinese product ever reached the final?

I've tried multiple Chinese products from alibaba etc, they always break down 100% of the time.

If Pakistan is a chins product it'll break into pieces plain and simple.

China is only good for manufacturing and exporting, those products are lit. Their own products suck. And Pakistan might not be any different lol, We're only good for exporting other teams to the semi final 😂

Yes they r very much capable of defeating pak, infact ireland will give u a demo next week. lol
Mate USA didn't accept people like sami aslam and unmuktd chand because they were considered poor players for their standards and they have better players.

In Pakistan sami was once considered front line 😆.

Hal to dekho hamara.

Pakistan is only winning against these 3 teams of Pakistan chases because minnow teams struggle to pace innings.

If Pakistan bats first we lose plain and simple, this batting line up wont score big and the bowling is gonna get carted.

It will be competition among top quality teams like India, Australia, England and South Africa... and may be newzealand...

Rest are minnows...
And minnows like Afghanistan, Ireland, USA and Pakistan have zero chance and personally i think they should not have been in the competition

Pakistan depends on two factors 1) Bowling 2) How much the other teams choke. These two factors will determine. If every team performs fully up to their potential Pakistan won't get very far. But generally, that doesn't happen. Teams like South Africa find new ways to stink up the joint.

Pakistan is relying too much on their bowling and once the bowling gets exposed, then this team will have no place to hide. Group stage exit is on cards.

While giving an interview to a local channel, former Pakistan captain Mohammad Hafeez shared his opinion on Pakistan’s campaign in the upcoming ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024. He stated that the former champions will likely struggle in the mega event, considering their current performance:

“Look, as a Pakistani, my heart will always remain in the favour of Pakistan regardless of their performance. But, considering the facts, I think the Pakistan team will struggle.”

“The only reason behind that is they are not ready in terms of the right formation and the mindset. Also, their roles are not defined yet like a controlled team.”

“Look, I would say the same thing again, if I were to say what my heart wants, I would pick Pakistan first. If I consider tactics and right formation then I think India can perform better in the West Indies."

“West Indies themselves could perform better there and alongside them, England could perform really well.”

“Look, the lead-up wasn’t good, like 2-2 against New Zealand at home wasn’t in Pakistan’s favour. It is by no means justifiable. You just can’t do that because it was Pakistan’s full-strength side."

“Unfortunately, the results we were hoping for, as fans, did not come."

“Pakistan then went to Ireland. There as well, Pakistan fielded a full-fledged side. But, after losing the first game, their recovery was very good. Like, the attitude they showed to win that series."

“At a certain stage, it seemed as if Pakistan would not be able to win this series. But their comeback was strong."

“They have every player in their arsenal but unfortunately, as of now, such mindset, body language and dominance, which we think Pakistan should have achieved, were not attained.”

Pakistan is relying too much on their bowling and once the bowling gets exposed, then this team will have no place to hide. Group stage exit is on cards.
What happened to claiming semi final easy? I told you bro. The Pakistan is a t20 tournament team narrative would get exposed eventually

for me thay have to fight really hard to make it to the super 8 round because Canada, Ireland and America will surely give them a tough time.

The way USA has thrashed Bangladesh in the recent T20I matches, I don't think Pakistan is even going to qualify for the Super 8s with the likes of Ireland and the USA in their pool.

The way USA has thrashed Bangladesh in the recent T20I matches, I don't think Pakistan is even going to qualify for the Super 8s with the likes of Ireland and the USA in their pool.
Ya I highly underestimated USA. Their team is filled with b string superstars, which makes their team significantly stronger then the NZ c team Pakistan faced.

Also its sad to see that the only game Pakistan lost was the only game where Ireland played full strength and even the commentators were saying a full strength Irish team is equal to a full strength Pakistan team.

We don't have the talent, firepower or street smarts to do well. That said, outside chance of making the semis. :yk2

Group stage exit. Ireland rung their bell once during the 3 match series and will beat Pakistan if they bat second.

Group stage exit. Ireland rung their bell once during the 3 match series and will beat Pakistan if they bat second.
Yes, finally another poster notices the fact that Pakistan will lose 100% of its games if they bat first.

this time either they bat first or bowl first its very certain that they will loose the game.
Tbh bro I disagree. Pakistan is an okay chasing team. Theirs alot of Babar and rizwan slander here but they aren't bad chasers.

Don't get me wrong, Australia, India and even England will get rid of em, but with NZ, and other teams (SA is inconsiatent) Pakistan can chase reasonably well. The weak part of chasing is the lower order isn't that great.

Problem is batting first. Pakistan has no clue how to structure an innings and the bowlers are run machines.

Tbh bro I disagree. Pakistan is an okay chasing team. Theirs alot of Babar and rizwan slander here but they aren't bad chasers.
bro they are not good enough to chase big targets, anything above 200 and game is gone from ur hands.

And if Riz and Babar come to bat in the Powerplay, chasing even 170 would be as difficult as hell.

Yeah I don’t think we will see many 200+ games in the West Indies, if this current T20 game is to be taken into account.

160-170 will be par here.

Ya I highly underestimated USA. Their team is filled with b string superstars, which makes their team significantly stronger then the NZ c team Pakistan faced.

Also its sad to see that the only game Pakistan lost was the only game where Ireland played full strength and even the commentators were saying a full strength Irish team is equal to a full strength Pakistan team.
I thought Ireland played the same team in first two T20Is of the series except for one change and that guy did well in the 2nd T20?

bro they are not good enough to chase big targets, anything above 200 and game is gone from ur hands.

And if Riz and Babar come to bat in the Powerplay, chasing even 170 would be as difficult as hell.
Pakistan has chased down some 190 and 200 targets but yes generally I don’t back to chase targets over 185. I think in world cups chasing targets over 190 will be difficult for most teams. WC pressure goes against the chasing team.

Pakistan has chased down some 190 and 200 targets but yes generally I don’t back to chase targets over 185. I think in world cups chasing targets over 190 will be difficult for most teams. WC pressure goes against the chasing team.
yeah they did but they are not consistent enough to chase such big targets.

I think in WI target above 170 would be challenging to chase and thats true WC pressure will play its part.

That's why I said hard stop at England, Australia and India.

NZ because of Fakhar and SA is inconsistent

I have a feeling that Pakistan's performance in this World Cup will be a repeat of their disappointing campaign in the 2016 ICC T20 World Cup.

Pakistan T20 team has deteriorated very badly since the finals of the last World Cup. Then there is poor captaincy from Babar, Unfit player being picked. Fielding and catching have always been the worst compared to the test playing nations. There is a high possibility they will crash out of the world cup after the first rounds. They have been nothing short of Pathetic.

Another humiliation coming up in a world cup tournament for pakistan, when the team makes a dogs dinner of the one format it use to be good in then youknoe trouble is on its way

This is what happens when you result a failed captain again

Former Indian batter Robin Uthappa made a massive claim that the Pakistan team will suffer an upset in the 20-team tournament, specifically due to their below-par fielding. He said:

“It’s just that Pakistan have been one of those teams where, in a tournament, especially in an ICC tournament, they have always been upset by somebody. There is one of those games."

“See, their fielding has been particularly iffy at all times. we have seen it in the latest Asia Cup that even happened. I think, across time, in fact, Pakistan’s fielding has been very shady in that sense."

“So, I think, one of those games will happen where they will not turn up. I feel a team like Ireland can certainly upset them.”

What happens if Pakistan wins all its group stage matches but loses to India?

What happens if Pakistan wins all its group stage matches but loses to India?
Pakistan qualifies, since India will beat all the teams and aren't losing to minnows.

So Pakistan will have 3 wins and 1 loss.
India will 4 wins
Every other team will have anywhere from 0 to 2 wins as they'll beat each other but will have lost to Pakistan + India.

If Pakistan loses one game well then kudrat ki nizam ig, since they'll have to rely on one team messing up and getting em over and it'll come down to RR.

Pakistan qualifies, since India will beat all the teams and aren't losing to minnows.

So Pakistan will have 3 wins and 1 loss.
India will 4 wins
Every other team will have anywhere from 0 to 2 wins as they'll beat each other but will have lost to Pakistan + India.

If Pakistan loses one game well then kudrat ki nizam ig, since they'll have to rely on one team messing up and getting em over and it'll come down to RR.
We’re definitely beating all the minnows. There’s like 99% chance we’ll qualify but a 0% chance that we’ll win any games after that.

We’re definitely beating all the minnows. There’s like 99% chance we’ll qualify but a 0% chance that we’ll win any games after that.
I wouldn't be so sure.

Abrar, Abaass and imad all 3 need to play for that to happen and so far their isn't a single game where they both have played. Idiot captain is playing 4 seamers in spin friendly conditions while having shadab as his undroppable spinner. That too with naseem being a run machine.

Naseem and shadab are useless and will get tonked. And Pakistan have the weakest no 5, no 6 and no 7 in our group, Azam, Chacha and shadab are useless, Corey Anderson is miles better then these 3 clowns.

USA is a stronger side then Bangladesh, Canada has their Canadian league which has boosted them, Ireland is ironically the weakest one since besides mark adair their bowling is trash.

Azam, Chacha and shadab can't play bowlers like Ali Khan or Mark adair.

It's really just hope and pray babar, Rizwan, Fakhar and Usman/saim do something, and if imad plays he strengths no 8, since clueless captain ain't batting imad at 5 where he was gun in psl.

Our tail begins at 5 lol

I wouldn't be so sure.

Abrar, Abaass and imad all 3 need to play for that to happen and so far their isn't a single game where they both have played. Idiot captain is playing 4 seamers in spin friendly conditions while having shadab as his undroppable spinner. That too with naseem being a run machine.

Naseem and shadab are useless and will get tonked. And Pakistan have the weakest no 5, no 6 and no 7 in our group, Azam, Chacha and shadab are useless, Corey Anderson is miles better then these 3 clowns.

USA is a stronger side then Bangladesh, Canada has their Canadian league which has boosted them, Ireland is ironically the weakest one since besides mark adair their bowling is trash.

Azam, Chacha and shadab can't play bowlers like Ali Khan or Mark adair.

It's really just hope and pray babar, Rizwan, Fakhar and Usman/saim do something, and if imad plays he strengths no 8, since clueless captain ain't batting imad at 5 where he was gun in psl.

Our tail begins at 5 lol
This is a terrible team, don't get me wrong. But they are expert minnow bashers. They make their living off it.

TO progress into the knockout stages, Pakistan should say bye-bye to Shadab, Azam, and Iftikhar for sure. They are useless and have nothing to offer.

It is pretty shocking that Abrar is not playing more games. Why not? He performed as a bowler better than most of the bowlers in current squad who call themselves a spinner. Imad needs to come in fir sure if he not injured. Bring Saim in to bat in middle order in place of azam and we are good to go.

This is a terrible team, don't get me wrong. But they are expert minnow bashers. They make their living off it.
I've seen azam play in league, he can profit of ove smashing a burnt out 40+ year old afridi and horrible bowlers like Muhammad husnain but he's getting cremated by anyone excluding ireland

Especially the ones in our group. Ireland are massively overrated.

Outside of the Top 8 side, only the Afghans can beat Pakistan because they can play an attack of Noor, Rashid, Mujeeb, Fazal, Nabi, Naveen, Azmat.

Outside of the Top 8 side, only the Afghans can beat Pakistan because they can play an attack of Noor, Rashid, Mujeeb, Fazal, Nabi, Naveen, Azmat.
Precisely. Pakistan, if anything, are expert minnow bashers.

Ireland is the weakest.

USA and Canada aren't as weak as people think. Babar, Rizwan, Fakhar, Shaheen, Amir, Abass, Abrar and imad are all > Them.

But if these guys have an off day or botch it then usman khan/saim, azam, Shadab, chacha, naseem etc these guys are getting humilated.

Pakistan is basically 2 teams, one team that's semi decent, the other half that would make Uganda laugh

Look we won't make it past the group stage.

I think we will beat Canada. USA might beat us as they are more familiar with the conditions. India will humiliate us as usual. But if we run Ireland close, then as a Pakistani fan I will be very satisfied.

I think we will beat Canada. USA might beat us as they are more familiar with the conditions. India will humiliate us as usual. But if we run Ireland close, then as a Pakistani fan I will be very satisfied.
7 years ago your team won a trophy. You should not feel satisfied on barely beating a minnow.

This is a mentality of all misbah fans, aka let's enjoy babar and rizwan as long as they last before Pakistan cricket is killed for good.

Ireland is the weakest.

USA and Canada aren't as weak as people think. Babar, Rizwan, Fakhar, Shaheen, Amir, Abass, Abrar and imad are all > Them.

But if these guys have an off day or botch it then usman khan/saim, azam, Shadab, chacha, naseem etc these guys are getting humilated.

Pakistan is basically 2 teams, one team that's semi decent, the other half that would make Uganda laugh

Ireland is a better team than both Canada and USA, brother. And Pakistan is better than all of them.

Pakistan know their best 11 players now because Azam is too unfit , Naseem and Shadab are playing rubbish.

The remaining players know they are the best available and can play with freedom.

I think PAK will easily make Super 8's. They'll need some luck to make semis though

Ireland is a better team than both Canada and USA, brother. And Pakistan is better than all of them.

Pakistan know their best 11 players now because Azam is too unfit , Naseem and Shadab are playing rubbish.

The remaining players know they are the best available and can play with freedom.

I think PAK will easily make Super 8's. They'll need some luck to make semis though
Looks like Babars captaincy is going to be down to Azam Khans success if he backs him and his yaar Shadab as expected. Does Azhar Mahmood not have anything to say on this as “assistant coach”?

Seeing the highlights of Can vs USA game it is apparent that even Canada and Usa have better power hitters with wide range of strokes than our batters. I am seeing an early group stage exit for pak team pretty much 95% now.

Slow death in progress with the rain situation in Lauderhill....

Slow death in progress with the rain situation in Lauderhill....
I'd be happy not see them play. Best thing is just to get out there as quick as possible saving the fans more torture.

wow :) This is some prediction.

Brother please tell me some lottery and shares to invest in!!

Back