Contemplating flying to the UK for Pakistan vs India Champions Trophy match. Need help!

Syed1

ODI Captain
Runs
Post of the Week
Hi guys

So a couple of buddies and I are in the initial stages of planning to go to the UK to watch the Green Team force our parosis into submission. I was wondering if you Brit lads could help me out.

So the match is in June and even though I have never been in the UK I have been told how it rains over there. Do you think we need to pack warm clothing and would a cheap umbrella do us good or we would need proper rain gear?

In all likelihood our flights would be Toronto-London, the match is in Birmingham (I can't fathom why they would even hold the match in that village). What is the easiest and cheapest way to get to B-town? A connecting flight perhaps? Or a train ride?

We won't be renting a car, is the public transport in Birmingham good enough to move about? Is the stadium within the confines of the city and accessible by public transit?

It will be a quick fly-in, fly-out type of scenario but we would need a place to hit the hay, but we are typical desis who like to cheap out wherever possible so fancy shamcy hotels are out of the question. Does Birmingham have AirBnb?

Also what are the good food places we should visit while we are there?

Finally where do we purchase the match tickets from. I don't want a situation where we fly all the way across the pond only to watch the match in a pub :sanga

Thanks for your help and like always Pakistan Zindabad :salute

Last edited by a moderator:
How will you even get tickets? The ICC allocated tickets via a ballot and they are sold out. I myself applied for tickets as did all my friends but none of us were successful

A nice decision to fly out to catch the game. An English pitch should suit Pakistan's attack and I fully expect our Sharmas and Rainas to fold like our superior batsmen did back in 2004.

unless you are willing to pay big bucks i doubt you can get a hold on any tickets at this point

Personally im considering going for the 2019 WC iA agar zindagi rahee

A nice decision to fly out to catch the game. An English pitch should suit Pakistan's attack and I fully expect our Sharmas and Rainas to fold like our superior batsmen did back in 2004.

Don't worry, our bradmans will hardly reach 100 runs alltogether.

Hi guys

So a couple of buddies and I are in the initial stages of planning to go to the UK to watch the Green Team force our parosis into submission.

I thought I would help you by getting you tickets for Delusion, Fantasyworld, but Orbitz couldn't find it :(

tickets will most likely be sold out now. Brum has a very large Pakistani population and a fair amount of Indians too. You are better off trying for 2019 WC. Indo-Pak games are the most wanted tickets in ODI tournies.

Pack clothes for cold and hot weather, you never know with the English weather.

I just checked for tickets on Stubhub and the prices are from 290 to 435 GBP. You're going to have to figure out how and when you'd be able to pick up your ticket if you purchase from Stubhub.co.uk but they're available on there.

For anyone that entered the ballot originally and didn't get tickets they go on sale against at 10.30am BST next Tuesday.

Do you think we need to pack warm clothing and would a cheap umbrella do us good or we would need proper rain gear? You will be ok if you take a hooded rain jacket just in case and maybe sweater but most likely you wont need it. Dont take umbrella though, but take a prayer mat

What is the easiest and cheapest way to get to B-town? There are some off peak trains which are very cheap from London (Marylebone station) to Birmingham. check on nationalrailway website

We won't be renting a car, is the public transport in Birmingham good enough to move about? Is the stadium within the confines of the city and accessible by public transit? The stadium is not too far from the centre. You can get there by bus. Birmingham travel is best catered by Bus

It will be a quick fly-in, fly-out type of scenario but we would need a place to hit the hay, but we are typical desis who like to cheap out wherever possible so fancy shamcy hotels are out of the question. Does Birmingham have AirBnb? You should be able to do your own research for airbnb. You could stay near Hagley Road near Broad Street where there used to be loads of cheap B&B and right on one end of city centre and not too far from the stadium. In general Birmingham lodging isnt that expensive but it really depends on where you stay. Dont go too far away from the City Centre as a general rule of thumb for any City

Also what are the good food places we should visit while we are there? What kind of food are you after?. Use tripadvisor

Finally where do we purchase the match tickets from. I don't want a situation where we fly all the way across the pond only to watch the match in a pub: This should have been your FIRST question!!! Popular games were sold through ballot!

Why would you want to watch a match whose result is a forgone conclusion and not going to be in your favour anyway ??? Better save the money for 2019 WC to watch Pak vs Japan or Pak vs Scotland.....that is if Pakistan qualifies for the tournament :sanga :afridi

The email I got said more tickets to all 15 games will be on sale again from the 5th of April.

I may have misread the email but I was just on the website earlier as they were supposed to be on sale again from this morning but its still saying tickets unavailable for pak vs india.

The demand for India tickets is unbelievable. They are more popular than even the england games. 2 of India's games are already sold out and the remaining one is nearly sold out wow.

[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] what are you planning then?

I read through this thread and looked for tickets wherever the posters mentioned but couldn't find any.

One guy was selling them to me but those were more expensive than even the plane ticket from Toronto to London.

More tickets will go on sale from tomorrow

Can you please tell me which website I should purchase them at and what time (GMT) will they go on sale, because they get sold out within the hour.

Can you please tell me which website I should purchase them at and what time (GMT) will they go on sale, because they get sold out within the hour.

This is the email I received:

More tickets to all fifteen of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 matches are set to go on sale next week.

We want to make sure you get the latest information on the tournament and the chance to buy tickets to watch your favourite team in action.

You will be sent a link to the website at midday on Wednesday 5 April where tickets will be available to buy on a first come, first served basis.

Please ensure you have a ticketing account and your information is up to date to ensure you can access the sale. Click HERE to access the ticket website.

You need to register here:

https://championstrophy.tickets.icc-cricket.com/?dm_i=1HYE,4UH3D,81Y3VL,IB5JA,1

More tickets will go on sale from tomorrow

Mate they were on sale today for those people who had already tried to get tickets before so that those people can get priority. Whatever tickets are left will go on sale tomorrow in the general sale.
[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] may I ask why you left it this long? There was a ballot for the tickets months ago and I applied for them too but I wasnt successful. I have just checked the tickets and for India vs Pak it is still saying currently unavailable so they are sold out and will not be available tmrw in the general sale.

The website is the official ICC website and just follow the links for champions trophy tickets

Mate they were on sale today for those people who had already tried to get tickets before so that those people can get priority. Whatever tickets are left will go on sale tomorrow in the general sale.
[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION] may I ask why you left it this long? There was a ballot for the tickets months ago and I applied for them too but I wasnt successful. I have just checked the tickets and for India vs Pak it is still saying currently unavailable so they are sold out and will not be available tmrw in the general sale.

The website is the official ICC website and just follow the links for champions trophy tickets

This is not the information I received. No further priorities are being given. Tickets to be sold on a first come first serve basis tomorrow.

I was successful in the ballot. Will receive six Ind v Pak tickets soon.

More tickets to all fifteen of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 matches are set to go on sale next week.

We want to make sure you get the latest information on the tournament and the chance to buy tickets to watch your favourite team in action.

You will be sent a link to the website at midday on Wednesday 5 April where tickets will be available to buy on a first come, first served basis.

This is not the information I received. No further priorities are being given. Tickets to be sold on a first come first serve basis tomorrow.

I was successful in the ballot. Will receive six Ind v Pak tickets soon.

Lucky guy how did you manage that lol. I applied for 2 tickets because i thought it would increase my chances lol and i was not successful. I probably got a different email than you because you were successful in the ballot and i wasnt.

Lucky guy how did you manage that lol. I applied for 2 tickets because i thought it would increase my chances lol and i was not successful. I probably got a different email than you because you were successful in the ballot and i wasnt.

Because I had previously purchased tickets for Edgbaston matches, I was given a priority code.

Try tomorrow...you might get lucky. Good luck.

Just received another update:

34,000 tickets to all 15 of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 matches will go on sale at 12pm BST tomorrow (5 April).

Limited numbers for England and India matches, as well as the knockout stages, will be available, with all tickets being sold on a first-come-first-served basis. The graphic below indicates availability. Please note that not all price bands will be available.

Click the button below or visit https://championstrophy.tickets.icc-cricket.com from 12pm BST tomorrow (5 April) to access the sale. Demand is expected to be high, so please be patient if you are asked to queue.

Tickets are still available for India and South Africa games, will be on sale again tomorrow.

There will be very few Pakistani fans attending the India game due Ramadan. I will not be attending any matches this time for the same reason.

I would hire a car, they are very cheap in the UK. Public transport is not very good for traveling the city. Once you have a car, you can go to anywhere and there will be fellow Pakistani's who will give you any advice and help you need.

I have never been to a cricket match before. Has anyone who has been to a cricket match before (especially at edgbaston) tell me what the experience is like?

Most importantly can you see the ball from the stand and can you follow the game properly? If you are having trouble seeing the ball is there a live picture on the big screens in the stadium where you can watch instead?
[MENTION=217]in_cutter[/MENTION]

I have never been to a cricket match before. Has anyone who has been to a cricket match before (especially at edgbaston) tell me what the experience is like?

Most importantly can you see the ball from the stand and can you follow the game properly? If you are having trouble seeing the ball is there a live picture on the big screens in the stadium where you can watch instead?
[MENTION=217]in_cutter[/MENTION]

Many times. The atmosphere is awesome. Went to Ind v Pak Champ Trophy in 2003 at Edgbaston..best atmosphere ever. There was plenty of friendly banter in the stands from both sides.

With regards to view, the ball is visible at all angles..you don't miss anything.

Back