CSK v Sunrisers and KKR v RCB | 11th April, 2015 | IPL 8 | Chennai and Kolkata

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
Chennai Super Kings Squad
MS Dhoni*†, ER Dwivedi, KJ Abbott, B Aparajith, R Ashwin, S Badree, AK Bains, DJ Bravo, F du Plessis, MJ Henry, MEK Hussey, RA Jadeja, BB McCullum, M Manhas, RG More, P Negi, A Nehra, IC Pandey, IK Pathan, Pratyush Singh, SK Raina, MM Sharma, R Sharma, DR Smith, AJ Tye

Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad
DA Warner*, A Ashish Reddy, RK Bhui, RS Bopara, TA Boult, S Dhawan, MC Henriques, S Kaul, B Kumar, P Kumar, CV Milind, EJG Morgan, NV Ojha†, Parvez Rasool, KP Pietersen, P Prasanth, KL Rahul, I Sharma, KV Sharma, LR Shukla, DW Steyn, GH Vihari, KS Williamson

Kolkata Knight Riders Squad
G Gambhir*, Azhar Mahmood, J Botha, KC Cariappa, PP Chawla, PJ Cummins, AN Garhwal, GB Hogg, SP Jackson, Kuldeep Yadav, M Morkel, SP Narine, S Narwal, MK Pandey, YK Pathan, V Pratap Singh, VP Rawal, AD Russell, Shakib Al Hasan, RN ten Doeschate, RV Uthappa†, SA Yadav, UT Yadav

RCB Squad
V Kohli*, VR Aaron, SA Abbott, AN Ahmed, S Badrinath, SA Bhavane, MS Bisla, YS Chahal, AB de Villiers, AB Dinda, CH Gayle, Iqbal Abdulla, KD Karthik†, SN Khan, NJ Maddinson, Mandeep Singh, AF Milne, HV Patel, RR Rossouw, DJG Sammy, S Sandeep Warrier, Jalaj S Saxena, MA Starc, YV Takawale, D Wiese, VH Zol

Hopefully Dhoni doesn't mess up like he did against Delhi.

Playing 4 pacers on Chennai track? :facepalm:

Hopefully Rahul Sharma plays.

any new Indian left hand pace bowler in this tournament? and where is Jaydev unadkat?

New and improved Nehra has been a revelation.

Was the reason we won CLT20 2014.

No left arm pacers otherwise.

Among other pacers, Sandeep Sharma (trundler but a good one) has looked good (both last IPL, first class and 1st match this IPL).

All in all...nothing much promising. Have to wait and see.

We Indians are concerned about our lack of effective lower order hitters. We desperately need some.

Unadkat is from Delhi. He will play at some point of time. He is as mediocre as it gets.

Among other pacers, Sandeep Sharma (trundler but a good one) has looked good (both last IPL, first class and 1st match this IPL).

We Indians are concerned about our lack of effective lower order hitters. We desperately need some.

Unadkat is from Delhi. He will play at some point of time. He is as mediocre as it gets.

i have seen many indian bowlers at the start of their career they have good pace, swing.
but after 2 years, instead of improving ,they get problems with their pace specifically. like Rp singh, kumar, balaji , dinda, vinay e.t.c
what's the reasons behind this?

i have seen many indian bowlers at the start of their career they have good pace, swing.
but after 2 years, instead of improving ,they get problems with their pace specifically. like Rp singh, kumar, balaji , dinda, vinay e.t.c
what's the reasons behind this?

Have no idea mate.

Something's wrong for sure.

Feel sad about Balaji. A guy who could genuinely swing it both ways and had a great Pak tour of 2004 after which he had injuries and was never the same again.
Vinay has improved more as the time went by. When he came on scene, he was mediocre (I mean even more so).
Dinda was never good. Just hype.

urggh hopefully the good guys in hydrabad win it. i might watch a few overs today, let's hope the quality is of a high standard.

Unadkat is bang average. Sandeep will get smacked around on batting-friendly wickets but I've been impressed with the length he consistently bowls at. A friend and I named him McGrath Sharma after watching the 1st game. :))

[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] . It Will be interesting if some seam/swing movement will be available. SunRisers Swinging Demons VS Chennai Super Hacks :)) Just imagine how chennai batters will dance to the tune of Steyn, Boult and Kumars, if there will be something on the pitch or in the air.
But Alas,I don't think superkings have any super hearts. So expecting a batting patta, tailor-made pitch for Chennai Hacks today.

I'll be rooting for SRH and RCB. Hyderabad is going up against a strong Chennai unit but I believe if they pick the right team, they have enough firepower in both departments to oust the Superkings. Their foreign players will most likely be Warner, Boult, Steyn and Williamson (I think Morgan's on England duty, if he's not he'll play). So excited to see Boult and Steyn with the new ball, it'll be an absolute delight. As will watching Dhawan and Warner at the top, so explosive.

Hyderabad actually have a very strong Indian contingent to choose from as well with the likes of Bhuvi, Praveen, Ojha and Rasool. I really rate Ojha, if he can control his brain and think of himself as a batsman rather than a slogger then he can go far. I get the feeling he becomes satisfies once he gets 20-30 as he thinks I'm a WK batsman, people don't expect any more from me, I've done my job. If he starts to take himself seriously, he'll rack up a lot of runs in this tournament.

For the second match, I really hope RCB get off to a winning start. When on form, there's not a single team that's more entertaining in the IPL. Gayle, Kohli, AB, Starc and Sammy/Rossouw? Phew! Sign me in for the ride. They also have the best WK batsman in the country not named Dhoni this time around in Dinesh Karthik. KKR vs RCB is always a fiery affair and you expect nothing less when you have two of the hottest heads in the country captaining the sides. Should be a belter.

I'll be rooting for SRH and RCB. Hyderabad is going up against a strong Chennai unit but I believe if they pick the right team, they have enough firepower in both departments to oust the Superkings. Their foreign players will most likely be Warner, Boult, Steyn and Williamson (I think Morgan's on England duty, if he's not he'll play). So excited to see Boult and Steyn with the new ball, it'll be an absolute delight. As will watching Dhawan and Warner at the top, so explosive.

Hyderabad actually have a very strong Indian contingent to choose from as well with the likes of Bhuvi, Praveen, Ojha and Rasool. I really rate Ojha, if he can control his brain and think of himself as a batsman rather than a slogger then he can go far. I get the feeling he becomes satisfies once he gets 20-30 as he thinks I'm a WK batsman, people don't expect any more from me, I've done my job. If he starts to take himself seriously, he'll rack up a lot of runs in this tournament.

For the second match, I really hope RCB get off to a winning start. When on form, there's not a single team that's more entertaining in the IPL. Gayle, Kohli, AB, Starc and Sammy/Rossouw? Phew! Sign me in for the ride. They also have the best WK batsman in the country not named Dhoni this time around in Dinesh Karthik. KKR vs RCB is always a fiery affair and you expect nothing less when you have two of the hottest heads in the country captaining the sides. Should be a belter.

Wriddhiman Saha and Naman Ojha are much better batsmen than DK. DK was a total failure in last IPL, and disappointed in Syed Mushtaq as well.

Wriddhiman Saha and Naman Ojha are much better batsmen than DK. DK was a total failure in last IPL, and disappointed in Syed Mushtaq as well.

Have you never heard of a hype-job? I'm getting people pumped up for the match dammit! :))

DK will come good. Last year's IPL was a blip. Form is temporary, class is permanent. :kakmal

[MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION] . It Will be interesting if some seam/swing movement will be available. SunRisers Swinging Demons VS Chennai Super Hacks :)) Just imagine how chennai batters will dance to the tune of Steyn, Boult and Kumars, if there will be something on the pitch or in the air.
But Alas,I don't think superkings have any super hearts. So expecting a batting patta, tailor-made pitch for Chennai Hacks today.

Chennai won't have swinging pitch in general.

It will be a slow and low pitch with spin.

DK will always be a guy who has immense talent but never consistent.

At his best, DK is an amazing bat. But he is never at his best.

Also his WK is beyond horrible.

Hopefully Dhoni doesn't mess up like he did against Delhi.

Playing 4 pacers on Chennai track? :facepalm:

Hopefully Rahul Sharma plays.
I think there is rule of playing 1 Indian uncapped player in playing XI.

They have to play Pandey...cannot drop Mohit..

Either Mohit or Rahul....Rahul is capped.

feel sorry for good guys like mccullum and smith who are forced to play for the baddies. wonder how they really feel about playing in a place like chennai

Just turned the telly on, my god this B. Kumar is a trundle. Skinny, unintimidating twig who opens the bowling at 60-70mph with the keeper standing up.

And here we had Indian fans praising him as the second coming of Wasim Akram and he didn't even play in the WC :))

Just turned the telly on, my god this B. Kumar is a trundle. Skinny, unintimidating twig who opens the bowling at 60-70mph with the keeper standing up.

And here we had Indian fans praising him as the second coming of Wasim Akram and he didn't even play in the WC :))

yeah.Shouldnt play for India anymore(maybe only in T20I)

Ishant getting torn apart by McCullum. 24 runs off the over. McCullum in beast mode.

Quality of IPL. A guy like Ravi Bopara who isn't good enough to play for a mediocre side like England is bowling in the death overs ahead of Ishant Sharma and B. Kumar :))

Dhoni really made it difficulty for macullum to score the 100 but he managed to.

righto that's enough ipl for me then. the international players just play carefree cricket while the dometic indian players provide the comic relief through their fielding and bowling. i can see why ipl is so popular among the average indian now.

You must be mighty pleased, sif.

Must be going 'podu macchi podu kattaya' with each shot. :)))

Kattaya?

Yeah its a good performance.

We have been doing well in IPL for the last 3 years and bottling it in the end. So we need an IPL title to get back to our old self. :D

righto that's enough ipl for me then. the international players just play carefree cricket while the dometic indian players provide the comic relief through their fielding and bowling. i can see why ipl is so popular among the average indian now.

I find it so reassuring to know that India have never produced a sub<25 bowler and never will, especially with the rule changes favouring batting.

They have no one to look up to, not long ago they were idolising the trundler B. Kumar and tried to compare him to Junaid Khan :)) Reason why they are ranked 7th in tests. It is absolutely embarrassing the tripe they have produced, like Jaydev Unadkat who they compared to Wasim Akram before he even played a match :)))

I find it so reassuring to know that India have never produced a sub<25 bowler and never will, especially with the rule changes favouring batting.

They have no one to look up to, not long ago they were idolising the trundler B. Kumar and tried to compare him to Junaid Khan :)) Reason why they are ranked 7th in tests. It is absolutely embarrassing the tripe they have produced, like Jaydev Unadkat who they compared to Wasim Akram before he even played a match :)))

Shami is a very good odi bowler, will be the fastest ever to 100 odi wickets, beforw starc breaks the record.He also averages around 25 uptil now

Shami is a very good odi bowler, will be the fastest ever to 100 odi wickets, beforw starc breaks the record.He also averages around 25 uptil now

Difference is he gets wickets in the end when people are slogging, with a high economy rate. Doesn't compare to Starc nor Junaid who are also excellent test bowlers, where test cricket is the true gauge for a fast bowlers quality.

Let's not forget wickets are one thing, and how you get them are another. Just like scoring runs, if you are scoring runs by edges it doesn't make you a good batsman. Starc and Junaid get wickets through skill, as opposed to Shami who gets them through batsmen slogging.

Difference is he gets wickets in the end when people are slogging, with a high economy rate. Doesn't compare to Starc nor Junaid who are also excellent test bowlers, where test cricket is the true gauge for a fast bowlers quality.

Let's not forget wickets are one thing, and how you get them are another. Just like scoring runs, if you are scoring runs by edges it doesn't make you a good batsman. Starc and Junaid get wickets through skill, as opposed to Shami who gets them through batsmen slogging.

Shami did get wickets with the new ball as well in the wc.
And good job btw trying to club junaid with starc, starc is on a whole new planet as compared to junaid in terms of odi bowling.
When was the last time junaid even played?
And FYI junaid doesn't swing the new ball infact he is the king of picking up cheap wickets at death overs.

Shami did get wickets with the new ball as well in the wc.
And good job btw trying to club junaid with starc, starc is on a whole new planet as compared to junaid in terms of odi bowling.
When was the last time junaid even played?
And FYI junaid doesn't swing the new ball infact he is the king of picking up cheap wickets at death overs.

Starc plays mainly in Australia, we saw how he faired in UAE against Pakistan. Obviously you have inferiority complex because India never has and never will have a bowler so you support other nations bowlers as some respite.

I don't expect an Indian to know anything about fast bowling, after all you were one of the guys who tried to compare B. Kumar to Junaid :))

Starc plays mainly in Australia, we saw how he faired in UAE against Pakistan. Obviously you have inferiority complex because India never has and never will have a bowler so you support other nations bowlers as some respite.

I don't expect an Indian to know anything about fast bowling, after all you were one of the guys who tried to compare B. Kumar to Junaid :))

I don't have an inferiority complex, I do know where Indian bowlers stand, it is you who is trying to big up a mediocre bowler like junaid.
Heck even your own Rahat Ali is more talented than ATG junaid lol.

Back