Danny Morrison Commentary thread

Osman

First Class Captain
Runs
What the hell?! Guy is like the NZ version of Russell Arnold! Go home!

:D just messing! Have to say his commentary should be appreciated. It's clear that he really enjoys the game and most important thing is he always keeps it equally fair to both sides with what he says.

Thankyou for your services this season in the UAE sir! Was great to listen to you!

best commentator in the business, love it.

would have been unforgettable to have him in the comm box for the south africa series last year when Razzaq made that epic 100!

Danny Morrison was the reason I did not mute when either Baysuria or Russell "the pussycat" Arnold were commentating!

I really liked him, especially when he goes berserk when any batsman hit a bowler out of the park. :afridi

And it seems he loves the term Boom Boom too. :afridi

I really liked him, especially when he goes berserk when any batsman hit a bowler out of the park. :afridi

And it seems he loves the term Boom Boom too. :afridi

There is one more commie that I dont know the name of but he absolutely goes wild in crunch times!

best one after Bill Lawry and Tony :)

nice choice of words Statue Of Afridi in Karachi :snack:

loved it :akhtar

best one after Bill Lawry and Tony :)

nice choice of words Statue Of Afridi in Karachi :snack:

loved it :akhtar

Can someone post a video of Bill Lawry commentary plzzz when hes gone berserk! I wanna know if the guy Im talking about is this one or not!

He is so much fun! Seems like a really nice guy too.

I'm glad he normally commentates when Pak play

One of the few good things about Ten Sports coverage

Yeah nice enthusiastic commentator.

I lol'd after his comment on Afridi's second six.

"And this one's got an air hostess on it!" - Referring to the height and distance it got. :))

Here you guys lol some PP z dont know him :))

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cyvUNNs8qtM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cyDBK5caros" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7AVXimHQ5ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
yesterday morrison+arnold.

morrison seriously ALMOST made arnold bearable. ALMOST...but not quite. the bias that arnold carries he could be a diode or somethin'.

Danny Morrison's best stint was that game against the Windies where Kamran stole it in the last over, 'YOU LITTLE RIPPA' :warne

You made a good thread on Saturday morning.

I think no one got it:D.

[UTUBE]qpDX7rIGKas[/UTUBE]

Watch from 2:24 and concentrate on his commentary;-).

Last edited:
one of my fav commies :nasser

Danny teaching how to comment :))

[utube]fpXM91F2rkc[/utube]

Really is the best neutral commentator out there. Gives credit to every team. He also adds a bit of excitement to the match.

Heard him first time in this series and he's too good.

Check out this video from 8:00 Always got goosebumps :afridi

[utube]hG3cYzTjNqQ[/utube]

Danny Morrison's best stint was that game against the Windies where Kamran stole it in the last over, 'YOU LITTLE RIPPA' :warne

Hahaha... That was too funny! Sanjay Manjrekar was made so ordinary and boring in comparison!

I think he deserves a smiley. :danny

1160700083_large_.jpg

Mediocre commentator at best, imo.

Sure, he's likeable enough as an individual, but so what? that's not any kind of criterion for a commentator.

Frankly, I think he's very average as a commentator, often saying the most obvious and irritating things.

Sure, he's likeable enough as an individual, but so what? that's not any kind of criterion for a commentator.

Frankly, I think he's very average as a commentator, often saying the most obvious and irritating things.

hiya russell!

:)) THe guy is wonderful.

Yesterday when the camera was on the crowd and in the crowd there was this one guy holding a baby doll in his arms, and Danny Morrison is like, "he bought his family with him"

Danny Boy is the best in the business.
My favourite commentator at the moment.
A real treat to listen to.

Neutral and Enthusiastic Commies add so much life to the game

Thank you Danny Morrison

May not provide great observations...but brings so much fun into the game. Loved him in IPL itself...though loud at times!!

Amazing commentator, love his commentary. Always makes the game more and more exciting!

Great commentator - I really hope he commentates during the England series.

And this is my personal favorite from Danny :)

[utube]LCbTgpjBYa4[/utube]

Dedicated to you Statsman :junaid

Oh thanks! :) Excellent delivery.

"Ooawww" and "Here at Abu Daaabi" seem to be the constants in the 2 vidoes. :p

The other Jayawardhane looks like a darker version of Varun Aaron in this video. :yk

Well I think you need a life!

:)) THe guy is wonderful.

Yesterday when the camera was on the crowd and in the crowd there was this one guy holding a baby doll in his arms, and Danny Morrison is like, "he bought his family with him"

:))) :))) :))) I heard that live! Rambo cracked up hard! haha

Ok everyone is coming up with their favorite clips, what about this historic one? :)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ukwku5U63tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok everyone is coming up with their favorite clips, what about this historic one? :)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ukwku5U63tc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ravi Shastri couldn't shut up! And thats some stupid commentary! Not even entertaining.... Put something better.... I mean where Morrison is screaming or something....

he dials the ham quotient upto eleven during ipl. the double d's schtick gets tiresome at times but he is a pretty nice commentator during tests and odis.

He stole the air hostess comment from Sherry Sidhu though :raja

Great innings but the commentary was :28:

I don't think you get this thread lol.

Love his commentary, a bit loud at times however this makes cricket much more exciting.

A few Danny Morrison gems:

Gautam Gambhir is "double G" or GG.

Full pitched delivery is called "Full P."

Every batsman who gets out is "heading back for an early shower".

If a batsman is run out it is "keep running to dressing room for him".

If a New Zealand bowler is bowling to his fellow countryman (in the IPL), it is "Kiwi v. Kiwi".

A six(er) in in the DLF IPL is described as "The bowler has just been DLF-ed out of the park".

If a run out decision is referred to the third/TV umpire, and if it is out, it is "O U T for the batsman".

An umpire is referred to as "Mr. Ump".

Each event is described with the day as in "And that is a good shot on a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday night" (see post #25 for a video).

Hilarious guy:))!

Last edited:
I remember him ripping into English pundit ( don't remember his name).

Anderson is only good in England.

Back