David Warner calls time on his international career - how will he be remembered?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
The guy was one of the best batters from Australia that came after the 2010 Australia team. His aggressive batting and than his habit of bashing Pakistan made us realize how important his wicket use to be, and more often than not he would get away with a no ball or a drop catch against us in Test cricket.

He was an all format player that loved to dominate the game.

However, if you ask me, i will remember him as a jerk. I had already seen him in the Hong Kong Cricket Sixes where he was picking fights with players and had a go and kept arguing with Ahmad Shezad. Later when he would feature more regularly in the National side, the guy was bully, which eventually led him to the South Africa side of the 2018 where South Africa was the first and the only team that knew how to get under the skin of Warner. Infact, he was hated soo much that even the fans and the crowd were in on it, and I think thats when they really got him.

His weak character got blown after that when he decided to temper the ball and was than caught and an embarrassing episode took place.

After Warner came back from his 1 year ban, he mellowed down. Making tik toks on Indian songs, trying to act chill and friendly during the last quater of his career. But still, i will never forget the jerk that he was, and maybe thats how I will remember him

A guy who had zero respect throughout his career for Pakistan bowlers. This is a fact. He might say nice things about Pakistan but inside he thought nothing of us.
Actually, i want someone to do an analysis on the number of times we dropped or got Warner's wicket on a no ball against us. I assume that we dropped or no balled his wicket in every innnings we played against him.

The guy was one of the best batters from Australia that came after the 2010 Australia team. His aggressive batting and than his habit of bashing Pakistan made us realize how important his wicket use to be, and more often than not he would get away with a no ball or a drop catch against us in Test cricket.

However, if you ask me, i will remember him as a jerk. I had already seen him in the Hong Kong Cricket Sixes where he was picking fights with players and had a go and kept arguing with Ahmad Shezad. Later when he would feature more regularly in the National side, the guy was bully, which eventually led him to the South Africa side of the 2018 where South Africa was the first and the only team that knew how to get under the skin of Warner. Infact, he was hated soo much that even the fans and the crowd were in on it, and I think thats when they really got him.

His weak character got blown after that when he decided to temper the ball and was than caught and an embarrassing episode took place.

After Warner came back from his 1 year ban, he mellowed down. Making tik toks on Indian songs, trying to act chill and friendly during the last quater of his career. But still, i will never forget the jerk that he was, and maybe thats how I will remember him
He would be remembered in a good sense as he managed to win multiple laurels with the Australian team.

I first saw Warner randomly on sky sports hitting every ball for six in the Hong Kong sixes, he smashed Pakistan in the final too of that tournament. Not so long after he was making his Test debut for Australia. I knew this guy would be one of the iconic players of his era throughout his career.

Phenomenal talent and Australia are blessed to have a player of his quality replace Gilchrist or Hayden straight after.

Actually, i want someone to do an analysis on the number of times we dropped or got Warner's wicket on a no ball against us. I assume that we dropped or no balled his wicket in every innnings we played against him.
It doesn’t matter

Every Pakistani bowler throughout his career has been a jobber to him. Pakistan cricket fell off the tracks when players like Warner continued the legacy of thinking nothing of Pakistan cricket…

Great ODI and T20 player.

Very good test player but not great since he was HTB

Overall a champion who will retire with 4 ICC trophies.

As a person I like him because of how he reformed himself. Was a jerk in his younger days, always sledging, bullying, picking fights, mocking opponents. Then the flare up with de Kock in SA in 2018, sandpapergate though I think he took the fall and shielded some of his mates there.

Ever since his return he has behaved like a monk, maybe the one year ban changed him as a person for the better. Now we see friendly Warner, willing to explore other cultures, mingling with crowds, getting along with everyone, appreciating opponents, no longer sledging or being the big bully. He was like the bridge between the arrogant, unlikable Aussies under Ponting, Clarke and the universally liked gentlemen led by the wonderful guy Pat Cummins.

As an Indian fan, didn't think of him as a big threat. Ashwin had his number both in India and Australia, Warner scored 3 test tons against us (out of 20+ tests I guess) and none of those tests featured Ashwin, otherwise he has been quiet unlike guys like Smith, Head, Clarke who have harmed India a lot with their bats. Don't remember how he did in white ball but rarely fired in ICC events against us.

Same for England I guess, Broad had his number.

He has underperformed in the Ashes and Border Gavaskar Trophy. Something he tried to correct but failed at, last year.

Gun in IPL though, big fanbase in Hyderabad even now when he is no longer associated with that franchise. He connected well with the Telugu folks.

Modern Australian players like Warner, Starc, Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood, Maxwell will retire with more ICC trophies than almost all other countries. That is a serious flex if you consider that this wasn't even Australia's greatest cricket generation of the millennium.

Warner bazballed a decade before the term was coined, scored a 70 ball 100 in WACA in his first season as a test cricketer. Even Sehwag and Jayasuriya had that maverick approach in their playing days.

Trust the British to appropriate this approach and coin it as their own invention :)

Sehwag's chat made Warner turn to Tests. He has definitely made Sehwag proud. Two things i remember about Warner is his insane running between the wickets and outstanding fielding efforts. As an opener and a stroke player like him cannot be consistent by getting stuck at one end. So his running between the wickets helped him build big innings.

Great ODI and T20 player.

Very good test player but not great since he was HTB

Overall a champion who will retire with 4 ICC trophies.

As a person I like him because of how he reformed himself. Was a jerk in his younger days, always sledging, bullying, picking fights, mocking opponents. Then the flare up with de Kock in SA in 2018, sandpapergate though I think he took the fall and shielded some of his mates there.

Ever since his return he has behaved like a monk, maybe the one year ban changed him as a person for the better. Now we see friendly Warner, willing to explore other cultures, mingling with crowds, getting along with everyone, appreciating opponents, no longer sledging or being the big bully. He was like the bridge between the arrogant, unlikable Aussies under Ponting, Clarke and the universally liked gentlemen led by the wonderful guy Pat Cummins.
Question is, did he reform for team australia or for his wife?

Because his wife blamed South African fans for her own deeds, but also ignoring the fact that South African fans and team were going after Warner because of the way Warner would sledge on the field and pick up fights. But couldn't handle it when he was at receiving end.

My assumption is that he mellowed down after the ban due to his wife, because he knew if he tried to act like an idiot again, fans have now got his weak point and they would again bring that up and that could had destroyed Warners family.

Have to say, loved the way a whole country got up and bought a bully down.

A big part of Australia's championship runs.

Almost the perfect representation of Australian cricket at the top of the order. Aggressive, tough, and entertaining while performing at a high level for years.

Made the game more exciting to watch, especially Test cricket.

A fantastic white ball player who can take the game away from you inside the first powerplay.

In red ball he was good but not great, HTB and FTB labels are the correct ones here. Especially hapless in England, Broad made him his bunny. For his home surfaces though he was a juggernaut, scars still run deep from his 335* annihilation of us that could easily have been a WR had Paine not pulled the plug.

An additional point about Warner that is not yet mentioned is his excellent fielding skills. He really puts his 100% dedication and commitment on field, just like Smith, Ponting, Symonds or Mark Waugh did for Australia for so many years.

Warner bazballed a decade before the term was coined, scored a 70 ball 100 in WACA in his first season as a test cricketer. Even Sehwag and Jayasuriya had that maverick approach in their playing days.

Trust the British to appropriate this approach and coin it as their own invention :)
I hate Bazball with a passion and I think it is nonsense, but you are off the mark here.

There is a difference between one player playing like this (Warner, Sehwag, Jayasuriya) and an entire batting lineup instructed to play Tests like an ODIs.

England’s approach is clearly revolutionary and not something adopted by any team before. A few individuals yes but never as a batting unit.

A great odi and t20 bat but an absolute htb in test. His record bar Australia and SA is a joke to say the least.

Shaheen Afridi shares a heartfelt message on Twitter bidding farewell to David Warner.

First shadab & baba were after kohlis chaddies, Such a bunch of bum lickers look at your teams performance since Asia cup & sort that out, won’t win jack with that mentality did Aussies drool over azhar Alis retirement?

Warner made a career out of your dropped catches & pie bowling

Nasty piece of work who brought the game into disrepute with sandpapergate

Pretty amazing opening batsman, especially in home conditions.

His autobiography will be hilarious if he spills the beans on their fast bowlers who must have known what was going on.

ill-mannered & a cheat , on his Cricketing abilities , check :
Away averages of AUS’s top-10 run scorers : Border 56.6S Waugh 55.8 Smith 55.6 Ponting 45.8 M Taylor 43.6 Langer 41.7 Hayden 41.7 M Waugh 41.4 Clarke 40.8 Warner 31.6 !

I hate Bazball with a passion and I think it is nonsense, but you are off the mark here.

There is a difference between one player playing like this (Warner, Sehwag, Jayasuriya) and an entire batting lineup instructed to play Tests like an ODIs.

England’s approach is clearly revolutionary and not something adopted by any team before. A few individuals yes but never as a batting unit.
true - crazy whole 11 going at it in Tests but then did you ever imagine a team scoring 500 in 80 overs & forcing a result on those Ramiz Raja special pitches where even taking 4 wickets in a day was a accomplishment ?

A guy who had zero respect throughout his career for Pakistan bowlers. This is a fact. He might say nice things about Pakistan but inside he thought nothing of us.

I honestly don't blame him. Look at who was leading the Pakistan side when he first played them.

Nasty piece of work who brought the game into disrepute with sandpapergate

Pretty amazing opening batsman, especially in home conditions.

His autobiography will be hilarious if he spills the beans on their fast bowlers who must have known what was going on.
I don’t believe for a second that Cummins hazelwood starc Lyon didn’t know what’s going on, when it’s there job to look after the balls condition.

Absolute legend a gun player who played for team always, manhandled lot of bowlers and a nightmare for most of them, an elite player , one who makes you love watching cricket

Yes! That's because he has shown equal love towards us in the past.
I guess then that qualifies him as a good ambassador for the game. Its rare for a player to be so loved in an opposing country.

He has not retired from all forms of international cricket yet. He is still open to play T20Is until the world cup in June and may also play some more ODIs around the Champions Trophy next year if needed (but that's probably quite unlikely).

No test century on English or Indian soil (correct me if I am wrong) means he wasn't top notch. Bullied Pakistan we are easily his favourite opponent.

Chancer. From an English perspective, very poorly. On the field, the lasting image is one of his 17 dismissals to Stuart Broad, often in clueless fashion for a low score. Off the field, he is indelibly associated with Sandpapergate, and viewed as the architect who never really showed genuine remorse for it unlike Smith and Bancroft. English cricket followers typically do not rate or respect Warner and view him in a negative light. Rightly or wrongly, this is the perception.

Chancer. From an English perspective, very poorly. On the field, the lasting image is one of his 17 dismissals to Stuart Broad, often in clueless fashion for a low score. Off the field, he is indelibly associated with Sandpapergate, and viewed as the architect who never really showed genuine remorse for it unlike Smith and Bancroft. English cricket followers typically do not rate or respect Warner and view him in a negative light. Rightly or wrongly, this is the perception.
He averaged 52 against England in Australia with 3 centuries , he did poorly in English conditions but in Australia he has dominated your bowlers, so it was never a one sided affair

'If I Had My Time Again, I'd Bite My Tongue A Little Bit More': David Warner

Well aware that he has not been "everyone's cup of tea", the enigmatic David Warner says he would have toned down a bit if he were to start all over again. Warner walked into Test sunset on Saturday, ending a glorious career in the most befitting manner, guiding Australia to an eight-wicket victory over Pakistan for a 3-0 series sweep. In his final outing in the traditional format, the 37-year-old was not his customary, belligerent self but still made a 75-ball 57 at the SCG, his home venue.

"Over the years, I haven't been everyone's cup of tea but for me, I've played the game as hard as I can and trying to do my best for the team," Warner told host broadcaster 'Fox Cricket'.

"If I had my time again and I knew that, I probably would show a little bit more patience with myself and I'd bite my tongue a little bit more." Warner has been seen as an aggressive, and, at times, slightly nasty, character ready to not just sledge but also engage in verbal volleys with opposition players, especially during the early part of his career.

He was the central figure in the infamous ball-tampering scandal in 2018 in South Africa, for which he copped a one-year suspension from first class cricket and a lifetime ban from Australian team leadership.

"I think a lot of people don't get to see or meet or know the person. From when I first started, I was that chirpy little fella that was out there," Warner said.

"That was my role in the team...to go out there and get under the batter's skin and the opposition's skin and yeah, it did boost me a little bit because they came at me when I batted.

"But they saw it early days, and I think your first impression, you don't get a second chance at that and you know, I've tried to rebuild that trust and faith." Warner insisted he was able to change his approach in his later years in top-flight cricket, attributing it to a self-imposed drinking ban.

"I went two years where I was being called the Reverend, I stopped drinking for two and a half years and really enjoyed that time," he said.

"I think people wanted the old bull back, but for me, it was going out there and playing with pride and passion, and there's other ways to go about it. I've toned it down a hell of a lot and that's the real person that I am.

"I think the game's changed a lot as well, you're playing with a lot of the guys you're playing against. There's no need to go out there and be really chirpy and aggressive, there's other ways to do that." Warner retires as Australia's second most prolific batter in international cricket with 18612 runs across formats after the legendary Ricky Ponting (27368). He scored 8786 runs in Tests at an average of 44.49 with the help of 26 hundreds and 37 fifties.

He also scored 6932 runs from 161 ODIs at an average of 45.30 with the help of 22 hundreds and 33 fifties. He has already announced his retirement from the ODIs but will continue to be available for T20Is and domestic T20 leagues across the globe.

"It's pretty much a dream come true...has been a great 18 months for the team. On the back of a WTC win, Ashes draw and (ODI) World Cup, to come here and win 3-0 is a great achievement. I'm proud to be with a bunch of great friends here.

"I felt happy, really proud (coming to ground this morning). We're in entertainment business and I just tried to come out and showcase what I can do, play my shots and we managed to get a win on the board which is great." Talking about his support system, he said, "(Family) is a massive part of my life. You can't do what you do without their support.

"I give credit to my parents for a beautiful upbringing, my brother Steve, and then you know came along Candice who sort of got me into line and we now have a beautiful family... I'm not going to carry on because I'll get too emotional." The SCG painted a 'Thanks Dave' tribute on the ground with Warner's Australian Test number of 426.

"(Would like to be remembered as) exciting, entertaining, and I hope I put a smile on everyone's face with the way that I played and hopefully the young kids out there can follow in my footsteps.

"White-ball cricket to Test cricket. It's the pinnacle of our sport. So keep working hard to play the red-ball game because it's entertaining as well."
SOURCE: NDTV

He averaged 52 against England in Australia with 3 centuries , he did poorly in English conditions but in Australia he has dominated your bowlers, so it was never a one sided affair

Just proves that he is a HTB

David Warner says a book recounting his cricket journey including the sandpaper scandal of 2018 is “definitely in the pipeline” and will “raise some eyebrows” when it is eventually released.

The retired Test opener suggested he would not retell his complete personal version of events during the ball-tampering incident in South Africa for which he was given a 12 month ban, so as not to burden the current playing group.

But he didn’t rule it out down the track.

Warner was given the year long ban from Australian after he was found to have orchestrated the 2018 incident, and his manager James Erskine has said “the truth will come out” about how many members of the Australian team knew about the plan.

In an interview with Adam Gilchrist and former England captain Michael Vaughan on their Prairie Club Fire podcast, just 48 hours after his Test retirement, Warner also again steered clear of backing his former opening partner Cameron Bancroft to replace him in the Test side after the pair fell out in the wake of the scandal.

David Warner and Cameron Bancroft during the Newlands Test in which the pair were suspended for their involvement in a ball-tampering scheme.

“There’s definitely a book in the pipeline, and I think it will be an interesting read,” Warner told Gilchrist and Vaughan.

“There’s going to be a lot of things in that book that I think are going to raise some eyebrows.

Source: cricket.com.au

“I’ll have to edit a few chapters now, there’s a few more that have been added. It was 1500 pages, now it’s probably 2000,” he joked.

Warner said he was mindful of the Australian team’s success when it came to sharing his views on the ball-tampering saga and suggested he may wait until the current generation of players is finished before giving his version of events.

“It’s something that’s been thought of (discussing Newlands in the book) … it does keep getting brought up, and there’s been a lot of speculation, a lot of comments about it,” he said.

It’s really important that the Australian cricket team is in a great space, that we’re playing well in all three formats, and I think that’s the upmost priority.

“My side of the story … that can be told whenever. There are probably some things in the book that are definitely going to be related to 2018, but it’s not potentially going to be around what I know, what others know, because then it just becomes a ***-for-tat – it’s not that kind of story.”

Warner said he had still heard nothing about who would replace him in the Test side, but disagreed with Cameron Bancroft’s call for a “traditional” specialist opener to fill his role.

The 37-year-old endorsed Marcus Harris to replace him as the logical “next cab off the rank” during the Boxing Day Test, but said on Monday Steve Smith could adapt to a new position.

“It’s a tough one, you had Cameron Bancroft come out the other day and talk about a traditionalist, I’ve spoken about myself never opening and then making my way into that position,” he said.

“I think (Smith) would go well, he is the best Test batsman in the world, he just finds a way.

“It’s probably the challenge of it which I think he probably wants to get into.

“He’s ticked the box off where he is now … he probably just wants to see if he can go out and open. He’ll adapt to any situation … he’ll do very, very well.”

I don’t think so: John Buchanan refuses to label David Warner as one of the ‘greats’ of cricket

Former Australia coach John Buchanan refused to label David Warner as one of the ‘greats’ of the game, saying that the term should be used for exceptional talents.

“I don’t think so,” the 70-year old said when he was asked if Warner can be considered a ‘great’.

“I think he (Warner) has certainly performed exceptionally well throughout this career, he sits on 8000+ runs, he’s played over 100 Test matches, over 160 ODIs and nearly 100 T20s. His averages are reasonable compared to all those in the various formats, his strike rate is obviously higher because of the way he plays the game. On performance base, he’s right up there. But greats of the game, in my opinion, are people that really do and have done something exceptional that others just can’t match, so therefore you automatically go to the (Don) Bradmans, (Glenn) McGraths, (Shane) Warnes, they’re the greats in my opinion,” Buchanan explained.

Last week, Warner ended a glorious career in the most befitting manner, guiding Australia to an eight-wicket victory over Pakistan for a 3-0 series sweep.

Warner has had an illustrious career for the Aussies. In 112 Test matches, the gutsy left-hander made 8786 runs at an average of 44.6, scoring 26 tons and 37 half-centuries. He also has a mammoth 335 against Pakistan.

In addition to the red-ball format, Warner had declared retirement from the ODI format earlier in the week. He featured across 161 games and scored around 7000 runs; Warner was part of Australia’s World Cup winning squad in 2015 and recently in 2023, where he finished as Australia’s leading run-getter.

“Over the years, I haven’t been everyone’s cup of tea but for me, I’ve played the game as hard as I can and trying to do my best for the team,” Warner had told host broadcaster ‘Fox Cricket’.

“If I had my time again and I knew that, I probably would show a little bit more patience with myself and I’d bite my tongue a little bit more,” he had added.
SOURCE: INDIANEXPRESS

Veteran opener set to become just the third player to play 100 matches for his country in all three formats

David Warner is set to become the first Australian to play 100 internationals in all formats when Australia take on the West Indies in a three-match series that will mark the end of the men's home international summer.

Warner, who retired from Test and ODI cricket in recent weeks, is set to add to his 99 T20 international caps with Australia coach Andrew McDonald revealing he would be included in the team to face the Windies before another three-game series across the Tasman against New Zealand.

Warner, who played two games for the Sydney Thunder following his Test retirement, is currently in the UAE playing for the Dubai Capitals in the lucrative ILT20 league.

He is due back on February 7 ahead of the February 9 first Dettol T20 in Hobart.

Warner will become just the third player to reach the milestone of 100 games for his country in each of the three formats, joining New Zealand's Ross Taylor and India's Virat Kohli.

David Warner, while speaking to a local sports media, commented on his leadership ban:

"What's the difference between captaining and coaching? You've got more responsibility as a coach, wouldn't you think so? I don't know, I'm not sure, I don't know how to answer. It's been five years, and I still don't know how to answer the question. It's just something that's hard to get my head around. Apparently, I will be able to coach if allowed to in Australia. But I can't captain. So yeah, I'm not sure what it is. It's under contract with Australia. It's a leadership position, so I'm not sure; I just don't know. It's very bizarre."

"I would have changed early doors; I wouldn't have been that attack dog. If IPL came around earlier, in my mind, I found that the more I get to know people, the more I wouldn't actually go at someone. And I felt like I was actually directed to be that person, to go out there and attack opposition players and get under their skin. I think just because that was me growing up and being attacked verbally, playing grade cricket, that's all you knew growing up."

He may have retired from ODIs and Tests but he is still going strong in T20s. Scored a brilliant 36 balls 70 against West indies in the 1st T20 game of the series. With this match, he became the 3rd player to play 100 international matches in all three formats. Legend of the game.

KMyKSGy.png

He may have retired from ODIs and Tests but he is still going strong in T20s. Scored a brilliant 36 balls 70 against West indies in the 1st T20 game of the series. With this match, he became the 3rd player to play 100 international matches in all three formats. Legend of the game.

KMyKSGy.png
David Warner said during the post-match ceremony:

"It's just pleasing to get the win on the board. It was a nice wicket to bat on, and you've gotta make the most of those. They're the ones you don't want to miss out on. I feel refreshed, and I've got a lot of energy. The boys have even told me to settle down a little bit. I said I wanted to play the T20 World Cup and finish there, and I'm excited for it. It's a good little journey we've got going for the next six months. It's critical that we win over there (in New Zealand), but we've got to finish this series off well."

Speaking to reporters, Warner said,

"I'm well and truly done, it's time for the youngsters to come through and show their talent."

Seems Warner retiring from T20s also.

Done at home as Warner confirms T20 World Cup finale

The opener confirmed his retirement plan from T20I cricket following an impressive knock for his side in Perth.

Australia great David Warner has confirmed he has played his last international match on home soil and will finish up playing for his country at the completion of this year's ICC Men's T20 World Cup.

While Warner had already announced his retirement from the Test and ODI arena, the left-hander declared his time in the shortest format for his country was coming to an end just moments after he claimed the Player of the Series award during Australia's 2-1 series triumph over the West Indies.

"Well and truly done," Warner said post-match in Perth on Tuesday after making a quickfire half-century in Australia's 37-run loss to the Caribbean side.

"It's time for the youngsters to come through and showcase their talent. We've got extreme talent here. We're in good stead for the future."

Warner will travel to New Zealand for the three-match T20I series that commences later this month and plans to also be a part of Australia's T20 World Cup in June when the 20-over showcase is held in the USA and Caribbean.

ICC

In a statement to local media, David Warner criticized the behavior of the New Zealand crowd, saying:

"The crowd, yeah, they got personal, but if they have to get personal, that’s their character. I just go about my business. But that’s upon each individual, if that’s what they feel like they have to do, then so be it. If you want to pay your money to come and abuse people, you have to go back and lay in your own bed. We’re here to play the game of cricket that we love, enjoy and put bums on seats to keep the game going.”

"My first game was in Oamaru, so that was an eye-opener. There wasn’t much there, but I really enjoyed it. There was exceptional talent coming through there; you’re showcasing that now, it’s great. I’ve always said we should have a New Zealand team in the Big Bash competition. You have the NRL and Super 15 [Super Rugby] now. All that works well, but logistically, I don’t know how that fits.”

Cricket Australia drops David Warner from 2024-25 central contracts list.

So, his chances of playing in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 are in doubt.

It doesn’t matter

Every Pakistani bowler throughout his career has been a jobber to him. Pakistan cricket fell off the tracks when players like Warner continued the legacy of thinking nothing of Pakistan cricket…
The phainti he gave us this world cup made us drop our no 1 ego.

Cricket Australia drops David Warner from 2024-25 central contracts list.

So, his chances of playing in the ICC T20I World Cup 2024 are in doubt.
They did that because he's retiring, he'll still play for Australia one last time.

He's a modern legend they won't get rid of him.

Warner is single handidely superior to any pakistani batsmen ever produced lol, who cares if he has attitude issues.

Dude has won so many cups for his country its insane, he gave us such an embrassing phanti last year its not even funny.

List of Pakistani batsmen superior to Warner

1) Babar
2) Rizwan

^^ Their superior to Warner in losing matches for their country. Its a shame Warner only knows how to win.

David Warner departs at 49(34) for DC against RR in the ongoing match in IPL. Couldn't just make it to 50.

Warner is single handidely superior to any pakistani batsmen ever produced lol, who cares if he has attitude issues.

Dude has won so many cups for his country its insane, he gave us such an embrassing phanti last year its not even funny.
And yet, the dude had a mental break down when Faf and co found his weak point.

Thing is, if you are going to show attitude, than learn to also take it. Because of his attitude issues, he became the target of SA and it only took them one series ot get under his skin and he ended up being involved in the ball tempering saga. That was all the result of his attitude.

Thing is, if you are going to show attitude, than learn to also take it. Because of his attitude issues, he became the target of SA and it only took them one series ot get under his skin and he ended up being involved in the ball tempering saga. That was all the result of his attitude.
Who cares, warner was a terrible guy and a serial winner while gentleman misbah was a huge match loser

Performance is what matters, they arent your friends

Thay doesn't really matter,

He won more cups for his country then any of our Pakistani greats have been able to achieve.

Thay doesn't really matter,

He won more cups for his country then any of our Pakistani greats have been able to achieve.
It doesnt matter? maybe ask australian fans

He was banned for an year for a crime for which the max we would had banned was maybe for 3 games. Thats how much it affected the Australias

It doesnt matter? maybe ask australian fans

He was banned for an year for a crime for which the max we would had banned was maybe for 3 games. Thats how much it affected the Australias
I live in Australia, watch cricket 24/7, the only thing they remember most about him is t20 world cup 2010.

Everyone rn is sad that a legend is retiring and do want to see him go.

Cricket is the love child of Australia, Australian fans don't HATE any cricketer for representing their country, they are not like us, the culture for cricket here is completely different.

If I bring up Warner here, Australians will try to defend him by saying that it's forgivable simply because Warner is a goat, or if I mention I'm pakistani by origin, they'll say I have no right to claim anything about Warner when 2010 was a disgrace and we let that slide by brining Amir back.

If you are really curious, They banned him for a year deliberately, the aussie board had to bam him to avoid dispute with the ICC but they pulled every string to make sure that the ban was as light and shortened as possible.

Again Pakistani culture and aussie culture don't equate, we have dispute amongst our own players and our own fans, aussie cricketers don't, they don't even hate Steven Smith being an unnecessary extra baggage this WC lol.

I live in Australia, watch cricket 24/7, the only thing they remember most about him is t20 world cup 2010.

Everyone rn is sad that a legend is retiring and do want to see him go.

Cricket is the love child of Australia, Australian fans don't HATE any cricketer for representing their country, they are not like us, the culture for cricket here is completely different.

If I bring up Warner here, Australians will try to defend him by saying that it's forgivable simply because Warner is a goat, or if I mention I'm pakistani by origin, they'll say I have no right to claim anything about Warner when 2010 was a disgrace and we let that slide by brining Amir back.

If you are really curious, They banned him for a year deliberately, the aussie board had to bam him to avoid dispute with the ICC but they pulled every string to make sure that the ban was as light and shortened as possible.

Again Pakistani culture and aussie culture don't equate, we have dispute amongst our own players and our own fans, aussie cricketers don't, they don't even hate Steven Smith being an unnecessary extra baggage this WC lol.
you living in australia does not matter.

No one HAD to ban anyone. ICC allows boards to deal with there own player. CA did not lightened anything. Had CA banned Warner for 5 games, ICC would had said nothing.

They banned him for an year because what Warner did was despicable and why he did it was because of his attitude issues which the Saffer exploited really well.

Australia dont hate their cricketers?

They banned Warner, Smith and Bancroft. Smith's captaincy was taken away from him. He was the highest run scorer in 2015 World Cup for Australia.

Australians draw a line on cheats.

His attitude was a problem that got him exposed. He was a modern day Andre Nel

you living in australia does not matter.

No one HAD to ban anyone. ICC allows boards to deal with there own player. CA did not lightened anything. Had CA banned Warner for 5 games, ICC would had said nothing.

They banned him for an year because what Warner did was despicable and why he did it was because of his attitude issues which the Saffer exploited really well.

Australia dont hate their cricketers?

They banned Warner, Smith and Bancroft. Smith's captaincy was taken away from him. He was the highest run scorer in 2015 World Cup for Australia.

Australians draw a line on cheats.

His attitude was a problem that got him exposed. He was a modern day Andre Nel
You asked me a question to ask Australian fans, I gave you my answer, ik you didn't mean it literally but I answered literally, I know how Australian fans think, Its a culture to watch cricket games here In bars. Dozens of times I've gone with my mates and engaged with people living in Australia.

Ik how aussie fans think, so your previous post on asking me to ask Australian fans I gave you an answer.

The aussie board =/= aussie fans, Aussie fans don't care about politics as much as we do. If Australians were to make their own cricket forumn filled with local aussies, the form would be boring and nowhere as entertaining as no one would debate each other, everyone would just mutually agree lol.

As for the whole what Warner did is despicable and what not, none of these things and temporarily 1 year bans or taking away captaincy are AS BIG a deal as you make it out to be. Not even close. Their bans weren't for long.

At the end of the day Warner has done more good for his country then bad, he's not Jesus or a Saint, neither are any of our players especially Misbah.

He won't be remembered for being an attitude adjustment, he's viewed as a living legend in Australia with fans rushing in entire crowds wanting to get his autograph.

One person in the world such as yourself not liking him and remembering him for his attitude rather then his ability of winning more cups for Australians then anyone in Pakistan ever could isn't gonna dent his legacy. Warner is a living legend in Australia, he doesn't give a kahoot on what one or let's say a few minorities from Pakistan think about him.

@topspin

Did you know Warner has his own statue in scg, and the last time he was seen in public he had over 3000 fans in the area surround him desperate for his autograph?

Did you know that he received the alan border medal STRAIGHT AFTER HIS BALL TAMPERING INCIDENT, and that dozens of Australians rallied behind Warner asking for not only the ban to be lifted but also for SA to apologise for their rude behaviour?

Did you know the sydney morning herald published an article on why he's the best ever and deserves to be in the same limelight as Gilchrist?

The only hate for him, is on that troll reddit thread Askanaustrlian in which 60% of the people their outright claimed they love Warner and the 40% who called him a cheat got scrutinzed for either being jealous or not even being Australian as most of them were Indian, or south African or from other countries in disguise lol.

Well according to Major, Aussie fans hate and despise Warner. Clearly his statue in the MCG has the words

"WARNER, EGO MANIAC" written on them.

Warner's fame increased even more and he got respect from all of India, as he was the first and only cricketer to apologise to Indians for breaking a billion hearts after Australia whooped India in the final?

But naw, ig Warner is hated in Australia lol.

Edit: FYI on that reddit you can even tell who's not an aussie and just a genuine troll cause they were saying things like

Are matie, he a cheating bloke I tell ye.

People think we speak like ancient pirates and use the word bloke lol

Back