David Warner calls time on his international career - how will he be remembered?

1 bad thing cannot multiply the whole career of a player with zero. Warner is a legend for Australia and I don't think he is hated by anybody anywhere around the world.

Last edited:
1 bad thing cannot multiply the whole career of a player with zero. Warner is a legend for Australia and I don't think he is hated by anybody anywhere around the world.
He's considered a living legend in Australia.

People literally view him as the perfect successor to gilchrist, something no one thought would be possible as h
gilchrist was a once in a generational talent.

Warner has bullied Pakistan so much at this point its not even funny, the man loves playing against Pakistan, more so then kohli even.

He's considered a living legend in Australia.

People literally view him as the perfect successor to gilchrist, something no one thought would be possible as h
gilchrist was a once in a generational talent.

Warner has bullied Pakistan so much at this point its not even funny, the man loves playing against Pakistan, more so then kohli even.
No doubts about it, He is a living legend for Australia. Also he smashed Pakistan more often than anybody else could.

@topspin

Did you know Warner has his own statue in scg, and the last time he was seen in public he had over 3000 fans in the area surround him desperate for his autograph?

Did you know that he received the alan border medal STRAIGHT AFTER HIS BALL TAMPERING INCIDENT, and that dozens of Australians rallied behind Warner asking for not only the ban to be lifted but also for SA to apologise for their rude behaviour?

Did you know the sydney morning herald published an article on why he's the best ever and deserves to be in the same limelight as Gilchrist?

I didn't even know that Warner had a statue, so I disagree when I read "you living in Australia doesn't matter". I believe you're one of the few active Australians on this forum, so your perspective, covering the ground realities in Australian cricket are invaluable.

Well according to Major, Aussie fans hate and despise Warner. Clearly his statue in the MCG has the words

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Misbah's fans have a thing for shy, obedient men which is why they like their Azhar Alis and Asad Shafiqs. In their fantasy world they believe these type of players deserve the most respect. Hence why they always resort to the moral high ground. They have no interest in discussing relevant matters revolving around cricketing accomplishments because they don't have a leg to stand on with their cult following of Misbah.

No wonder he requested for Simon Doull to be cancelled. Anyone who disrespects one of the legends of the game and has an appetite for mediocrity like Misbah should be severely ridiculed and criticised.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even know that Warner had a statue, so I disagree when I read "you living in Australia doesn't matter". I believe you're one of the few active Australians on this forum, so your perspective, covering the ground realities in Australian cricket are invaluable.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. Misbah's fans have a thing for shy, obedient men which is why they like their Azhar Alis and Asad Shafiqs. In their fantasy world they believe these type of players deserve the most respect. Hence why they always resort to the moral high ground. They have no interest in discussing relevant matters revolving around cricketing accomplishments because they don't have a leg to stand on with their cult following of Misbah.

No wonder he requested for Simon Doull to be cancelled. Anyone who disrespects one of the legends of the game and has an appetite for mediocrity like Misbah should be severely ridiculed and criticised.
Warner has and always will be a legend in Australia.

CA didn't just ban him and send him in his merry way. Over the year he kept getting counselling, and fans were rushing to claim it was all South Africa's fault as they were on purpose getting u der his skin.

After proper counselling he returned as a Saint, never had any issues with anyone.

Regardless I don't even understand his viewpoint, the topic is how will David Warner be remembered not if his ball tampering incident was immoral or not?

He's considered a legend here and is one of Australia's most popular sportsmen? He has more fame then Travis, Smith, Labu, Maxwell or anyone in cricket Australia atm, primarily because he's been doing it for 14 years now?

Whats that he'll be remembered as a cheater? I think he'll be remembered as the ultimate Pakistan Bully 😂😂

Ik Australian cricket more then pakistani cricket. Ik how their fans think, ik how they cricketers behave and how the team gells which is why despite losing 3 on the dot I was one of the few who said, don't expect Australia to get eliminated just yet lol, they can still win.

I even predicted the warmup game vs Pakistan left right and center.

This thread is not about Misbah and his fans etc. Will derail the thread of you guys keep talking about misbah stuff here, please stay on topic.

David Warner equals Chris Gayle's record with 110 half-centuries! He reached this milestone during the IPL 2024 match between Delhi Capitals and Chennai Super Kings. For Delhi Capitals, he scored 52 runs from 35 balls.

Legendary player, Australia were lucky to find him after gilchrist era.

Central contracts the key to success for cricketers in all formats: David Warner​

David Warner, a multiformat great, spoke to TOI

Renowned cricketer David Warner recently shared his insights on the evolution of T20s, the competitive spirit of Australian players, and his future plans beyond the cricket field. Warner, known for his exceptional skills in T20 cricket, reflected on his journey as a multiformat player while taking a break from his busy schedule with the Delhi Capitals. Here are some highlights from the conversation:

Warner emphasized the importance of central contracts in enabling players to excel in all formats of the game. According to him, players from countries like Australia, England, and India benefit from financial stability through their contracts, allowing them to focus on red-ball cricket. In contrast, players from other nations often resort to freelancing in T20 leagues to earn a living, impacting their ability to prioritize longer formats.

Reflecting on the impact of T20 cricket on young players, Warner stressed the need for a balanced approach towards the game. He encouraged aspiring cricketers to embrace all three formats and not just focus on T20 cricket as the pinnacle of success.

When discussing the influence of data and strike rates in T20 cricket, Warner highlighted the importance of game scenarios and strategic decision-making. He cautioned against overanalyzing the game and emphasized the need for adaptability based on match situations.

Warner’s experience as a world champion in all formats has also informed his leadership style with the Delhi Capitals. He emphasized the importance of maintaining a positive mindset, resilience, and teamwork in the face of challenges, drawing parallels to the Australian winning mentality.

As he gears up for the upcoming T20 World Cup, Warner acknowledged the mental clarity and freedom that comes with transitioning away from other formats. He underscored the significance of recovery, physical conditioning, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance to sustain longevity in professional cricket.

In conclusion, Warner emphasized the value of engaging in activities beyond cricket to unwind and recharge, highlighting the necessity of mental refreshment and personal interests outside the sport.

I hate Bazball with a passion and I think it is nonsense, but you are off the mark here.

There is a difference between one player playing like this (Warner, Sehwag, Jayasuriya) and an entire batting lineup instructed to play Tests like an ODIs.

England’s approach is clearly revolutionary and not something adopted by any team before. A few individuals yes but never as a batting unit.
The reason he mentioned this bcs England takes credit when some players (not team) playing attacking cricket..

I actually watched his debut t20i match, commies kept saying in that match he's playing without any first class experience and he scored superb 80 odd runs in that game.. he's regarded as a T20 hack that time but found success in every format..

The thing I like him about is his running btw the wicket (particularly with Barstow/sSaha) and his fielding (tbf he dropped couple of easy catch this ipl season so far, but ground fielding is excellent)..

Struggling David Warner A Concern For Australia Ahead Of Cricket T20 World Cup​

David Warner is in the midst of a prolonged retirement tour for international cricket. He finished his 50-over career in dream-like fashion with a stunning World Cup triumph when Australia stunned host India last November.

He then embarked on a lengthy Test farewell in the Australian summer, which felt slightly heavy-handed with Warner being a polarizing figure even amongst his compatriots.

Some have never forgiven Warner for his role in Australia's infamous cheating scandal of 2018, which resulted in a 12-month suspension and a life leadership ban - a punishment he has unsuccessfully attempted to overturn.

Despite teasing that he was available if needed for next year's Champions Trophy, Warner's last dance will be at the upcoming T20 World Cup in the U.S. and Caribbean.

But Warner has been out of form in the Indian Premier League - the biggest and most lucrative T20 competition in the world - and he was dropped from Delhi Capitals' line-up after scoring just 37 runs from his last four innings. There are reports in Australia that Warner is battling injury.

The 37-year-old was sidelined recently with a thumb injury, but his demotion - whatever the reason - is undoubtedly a worry with the T20 World Cup in the U.S. and Caribbean just over a month away.

Australia are set to announce their squad next month and Warner is guaranteed to be in it. But there are question marks over the makeup of Australia's opening combination. It had been assumed that Warner was guaranteed a spot with intrigue over who would partner with him.

Travis Head, who became something of a cult figure in Australia after his heroics in the World Cup final and revelry afterwards, has essentially cemented his spot as an opener through devastating big-hitting at the top of the order for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL.

And Australia's hierarchy might be intrigued by dynamic youngster Jake Fraser-McGurk, who has enjoyed the bright lights of the IPL while it's batting-friendly pitches have been suited for the big-hitter coming off a breakout Australian domestic season.

With big-hitting in vogue - Australia's line-up is stacked with powerful batters relegating legendary longform batter Steve Smith to an onlooker - Fraser-McGurk might prove a compelling case for national selectors.

But unless something goes drastically wrong, like his injury woes deepen, then Warner will almost certainly be a starter for Australia's World Cup. Romanticism aside, this is not about the perfect ending. Australia's uncompromising chiefs have not let sentiment sway them in the past.

Warner's experience will come to the fore in the Caribbean, where Australia is entirely based. They won't be playing in the U.S. host cities of New York, Dallas and Lauderhill as Australia starts their campaign against Oman on June 6.

Given Australia rarely play against smaller cricket nations, they don't venture to the Caribbean very often. Warner is one of few Australian players with experience in the conditions having played in the Caribbean Premier League. While West Indian grounds are generally much smaller than in Australia, the surfaces can be slow and spin-friendly - similar to South Asia, terrain Australia have struggled at in the past.

Warner's underrated batting smarts - where he can pull back the aggressiveness depending on the situation - make him an invaluable batter in a team that probably won't include Smith.

Australia might just be the favorites for the T20 World Cup. They looked irrepressible at times against New Zealand and West Indies in preparation, but there will undoubtedly be nervous moments along the way in a short format that can be volatile.

Ironically, given his tempestuous behaviour at times, Warner looms as a steadying influence for a helter-skelter Australia batting line-up that can veer towards recklessness when things don't come off.

If he can be a stabilizing force, and shrug off his current woes, then David Warner's long-winded retirement tour will end in fairy-tale fashion.

"Australia May Not Need Me": David Warner On Playing 2025 Champions Trophy​

The seasoned Australia batter David Warner is aiming for a spectacular finish on his final lap as an international player, saying that Aussies will play "fearless" cricket during the 2024 ICC T20 World Cup to create a unique piece of history. The veteran opener also feels Australia may not need him for the 2025 Champions Trophy. Warner announced his retirement from the longer formats of the game, and he left the door open for a possible return to the next major ICC event if the Men in Yellow require an opening batter.

Although he announced his retirement from the longer formats of the game, he left the door ajar for a potential return to the next major ICC event, should the Men in Yellow need an opening batter.

After winning the World Test Championship and one-day World Cup in the previous 12 months, Australia is aiming for cricket's grand slam at the T20 World Cup, which has been enlarged to 20 nations. It will be played in the West Indies and the United States throughout June, with all of Australia's matches taking place in the Caribbean.

The 37-year-old Warner is one of just four players with a chance of becoming the first team to win three International Cricket Council trophies at the same time, alongside Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, and Travis Head.

"Being part of that potential history, you only sit back and reflect on those things when you're completely done and dusted," Warner, who is in Trinidad, said as quoted by The Sydney Morning Herald.

"I did an interview with the ICC recently asking me about it and all the tournaments I've been a part of, and I can't remember them all, but it's been great," he added.

However, he continues to indicate that it may not be the end, citing the ICC's revived Champions Trophy, a mini-World Cup slated for Pakistan next year.

"They may not need me," he added with a laugh.

Warner was unable to complete this year's Indian Premier League (IPL) due to injury in his left hand but demonstrated his fitness with 54 from 21 balls in a practice match against Namibia in Trinidad last week. However, he will not play until Australia's first match, against Oman in Barbados on Thursday.

His farewell from the big stage has been quite a trip. Australia defeated India in India to win the ODI World Cup in November, he said goodbye to the conventional game at the Sydney Test in January, and he will most likely say goodbye to T20 internationals in the Caribbean.

Whenever the star batter does go, Warner is bound to go out all guns blazing against any team face.

"We've always played fearless and I think that's why we've been so successful over the last few years. We don't care about our spot in a team, we just care about doing the best that we can, and making sure that whatever we're doing, we're trying to be that match winner," he said.

"And the fortunate thing is that we've got so many of them. One might come off one day, the next day someone else will come off. So we just know that one person in that top six, if they can get anywhere between 60 to 80 runs at a good strike rate, we know we're always going to post a good total. It's the same with the new ball. If Starcy [Mitchell Starc] is swinging the ball, we'll get early wickets, and that brings the spinners into the game," he added.

Warner believes Australia's emphatic World Cup victory over India late last year, followed by a great performance against South Africa in the semi-final, has given them a "upper edge" over other teams.

"If you look at the way that we performed with our backs up against the wall after the first couple of games [losing badly to India and South Africa], you just never count us out," he said.

Have retirements become a joke aswell first I’m going to retire from this circus league then this tournament it’ll take 4 years for Warner to go altogether.

David Warner made history in the AUS vs OMA T20 World Cup 2024 match on Thursday (June 6) at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados. The veteran Australian opener became the first player in international cricket to achieve 111 fifty-plus scores in T20s, surpassing Chris Gayle's record of 110. Warner scored 56 runs from 51 balls, securing his place in the record books.

David Warner comes handy for Australia in their super clash with their arch rival England. He made 39(16) against them.

David Warner is the greatest aussie opener since gilchrist. That's a cold hard fact.

And Travis head will be next in line.

A classic FTB in Test cricket who wouldn’t have much of a Test career if he was Australian or perhaps South African, the only two venues where he performed in Tests.

A phenomenal white ball player, better than Gilchrist, Hayden and Mark Waugh in white ball cricket.

With less than two weeks remaining in his international career, Australian cricketer David Warner has reflected on his complicated legacy and opened up about the emotional aftermath of the infamous ball-tampering saga.

The ongoing T20 World Cup will be Warner’s final assignment in national colours, ending a 15-year international career that featured three World Cup triumphs and 49 centuries — but he will remain involved in the sport as a T20 freelancer and Fox Cricket commentator.

The 37-year-old has been a polarising figure throughout his career, most notably for his involvement in the Cape Town scandal of 2018, where Australian teammate Cameron Bancroft was caught rubbing sandpaper on the match ball.

Cricket Australia handed Warner a 12-month ban after the incident, but the ill-fated South Africa tour has continued plaguing him in the years since.

Speaking to reporters in Antigua on Monday, Warner lamented how he became a lightning rod for vitriolic abuse after returning to the national side in 2019.

“My back was always up against the wall when I came back, and I knew that. I copped my fair share over my career,” Warner said.

“I’ve probably been the only one that’s ever copped a lot of flak, from whether it’s people who don’t like the Australian cricket team or don’t like me.

“I’ve always been that person who has copped it.

“I always feel like I’ve taken a lot of pressure off a lot of guys as well and I think understandably, I’ve been that person to be able to absorb that.

“But one can only absorb (so much).

“For me it’s great to go out knowing I’m not going to cop it anymore.

“I felt I had great support from, especially our coaching group now and selectors have been great.

“All in all I’ve had a privileged career, since 2018 I’ve really enjoyed that time coming back and just being around the guys and training hard and working as hard as I can.”

The ball-tampering scandal has undeniably left an asterisk on Warner’s legacy in the sport, but the left-hander hopes cricket fans will remember him for his achievements with the bat rather than that fateful day at Newlands.

Source: Fox News

To add to the above “self styled martyr” comments.

"If they're real cricket tragics and they love cricket, they will always see me as that cricketer - someone who tried to change the game," he said.

"Someone who tried to follow in the footsteps of the openers before me, and try and score runs at a great tempo and change Test cricket."

Lol, the stuff this guy spews out.

Counting down the days to his retirement.

but Travis Head is a classy bloke.

Warner is a garden tool.
No clue what you mean by that genuinely.

Regardless Travis head is good but Warner is better. Although currently Travis is probs better, he's not better then 2010-2015 Warner though.

I still remember Warner's debut T20 innings back in 2009. He was a very young kid then. He took on South African pacers and smashed them all over the ground.

End of an era.

Warner is a top batter of his era.

I would put him behind Smith, Kohli and Root among the best batters of their generation. Williamson is a better test batsman sure although by not much but Warner is a far better white ball batsman than KW.

Warner is a top batter of his era.

I would put him behind Smith, Kohli and Root among the best batters of their generation. Williamson is a better test batsman sure although by not much but Warner is a far better white ball batsman than KW.
What? Bro no, Warner is 100x better then Smith and root.

Warner vs Kohli is debatable. Kohli has better stats and has played more games and is overall better in test and odi series, Warner has been more impactful and in tournaments he's usually superior in pressure stages often winning cups for Australia while kohli is kinda stain.

Steve Smith is better then Warner in test but he was never superior to Warner in odi, even at his absolute peak he wasn't. People overrated Smith beyond belief.

As for root? Lol. And KW doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same vein as Warner.

I still remember Warner's debut T20 innings back in 2009. He was a very young kid then. He took on South African pacers and smashed them all over the ground.

End of an era.
I remember watching this live. He seemed like a legside hack. Never had I thought he would become a great of the game and that too in tests and ODIs.

<B>What? Bro no, Warner is 100x better then Smith and root.</B>

Warner vs Kohli is debatable. Kohli has better stats and has played more games and is overall better in test and odi series, Warner has been more impactful and in tournaments he's usually superior in pressure stages often winning cups for Australia while kohli is kinda stain.

Steve Smith is better then Warner in test but he was never superior to Warner in odi, even at his absolute peak he wasn't. People overrated Smith beyond belief.

As for root? Lol. And KW doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same vein as Warner.

I am talking about all formats. Warner is way behind Smith and Root in Tests and behind Kohli as well in Tests. He is better than Smith and Root both in LOIs but the difference is big enough in Tests for them to be rated higher than Warner.

Kohli is better than Warner in all formats, although in T20s, you can rate Warner higher but irrespective of that in terms of overall, he remains behind Kohli.

Williamson and Warner is a debatable one in Tests with former maybe having a slight edge but the difference is huge in LOIs and hence Warner takes it there.

29 Test matches in England and India for Warner, and not a single century.

20/26 of his Test hundreds were at home.

Home average is almost double his away average.

Proven mega HTB.
That’s ok, every team needs some HTBs, but it also means that he is not an all time great.

I don't rate him that high in Red-ball format but his stats in white-ball are way too good for a batter overall. Here are all the home and away records for each format.

Test Format:

vhYBo90.png

ODI Format:
zefP2RQ.png

T20 Format:

rR2KwR1.png

This guy is still scoring runs. Scored another 50 today against Bangladesh in the ICC T230 World Cup Super 8 game.

I just hope that he doesn't come back for the Champions Trophy. I have enough PTSD of Warner hammering us to last for this lifetime.

I don't rate him that high in Red-ball format but his stats in white-ball are way too good for a batter overall. Here are all the home and away records for each format.

Test Format:

vhYBo90.png

ODI Format:
zefP2RQ.png

T20 Format:

rR2KwR1.png
His record in Asia and England is not good, but an average of 44 and a SR of 70 is nothing short of incredible for a test opener. He is also one of the biggest and most brutal home track bullies. Watching an in-form Warner batting at the SCG was always a sight to behold.

I just hope that he doesn't come back for the Champions Trophy. I have enough PTSD of Warner hammering us to last for this lifetime.
He won't, aussies don't take back retirement and even if he did, Seniority bias wouldn't apply for CA.

Phenomenal batsman in white ball cricket, poor man’s Sehwag in Test cricket.

As a Limited Overs opener, he is the best I have seen - ahead of Gilchrist, Hayden & Mark Waugh.

He has been a different person in the last 5 years though, not sure if he got humbled by the tampering episode or it was just an act to become popular with the fains gain sympathy.

Nonetheless, he has made a huge impact on cricket and not just Australian cricket. A legend of cricket for sure.

Replacing him as a Test opener in home conditions will be a challenge for Australia, but they should be happy they don’t have to carry him to England & the subcontinent anymore.

Congratulations to Warner for a successful and wonderful career.
Kudos to him.
Still remember I was watching a T20 match and the commentators said that Warner came to watch as a fan but because someone got injured he was asked to play. (Something like that)
Never looked back since that.

David Warner is an ATG, he was done this cup sadly.

But it'll be a tough task for Australia to find a suitable replacement to him.

As much as I like Jake fraser, I don't think the kid is becoming the next Warner

‘You’ll struggle to find a guy that’s had as big an impact’: Legend’s touching Warner tribute

Australia’s drawn-out, but eventual, elimination from the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup officially concludes David Warner’s time as a wily, competitive, ball-blasting opening batter for Australia.

He has done it all, across multiple formats, and another former Australian top-order champion has encouraged Warner to celebrate and reflect.

After Australia’s loss to India, Ricky Ponting pulled his compatriot aside to offer some advice, as Warner adjusts to life without international cricket on the calendar.

Ponting, of course, went through this process almost a decade back.

“(I) put my arm around him,” he recounted on ICC’s Digital Daily show.

“I said, ‘...just take a moment tonight to sit back by yourself and reflect on what’s been an unbelievable career across all three formats for Australia.’

“We know he retired in the summer from test cricket, but you’ll struggle to find a guy that’s had as big an impact on all three forms in Australian cricket than David Warner has.

“I’ve been able to play with him, I’ve been able to coach him in the IPL the last couple of years and I really enjoy his company. So he should be very proud of what he’s done.”

Ponting and Ganesan dissect India’s superb display | Digital Daily | AUS v IND | T20WC 2024

Into his twilight, Warner remained as damaging with the bat as ever, knocking two fifties in the Caribbean, helping the Aussies put together a deep run. But ultimately, the side fell short of the final four, after losses to Afghanistan and India.

It’s back to the drawing board for the green and gold now, which transitions to a new Warner-less reality.

“We'll definitely miss him around the group, out in the field and off field,” bowler Josh Hazelwood said after the team’s loss to India.

“(An) amazing all-format career. It's sort of been a slow burn with Test cricket and ODI cricket and now T20. So, life without him, we've sort of gotten used to it a little bit … it's always different when you lose a player that's been there for so long.”

The Aussies will reassemble in a few months, ahead of back-to-back short format series with England in the UK, both T20Is and ODIs, beginning in mid-September. It’ll be the first look at a top order without Warner’s imposing presence.

Then later this year, the Border-Gavaskar Trophy is up for grabs down under, with a five-Test series against India that will have the world’s undivided attention. Australia’s test team has a taste of life without Warner, touring New Zealand earlier this year.

But the consistency and cohesion he’s helped provide, as the Australian side pivots from one format to another, and from one series to another, will prove almost irreplaceable.

ICC

What sort of retirement is this? Retired but available for champions trophy? That too is in t20 format

Was part of multiple Ashes thrashings dishes out to England at least at home, won a series in South Africa 2014, played a pivotal role in winning 2 ODI World Cups and 1 T20 World Cup by scoring heavily. Won WTC also.

Not quite Matthew Hayden as an all format Aussie opener but he's up there.

Who told you it’s in T20 format?
Odi is a dead format had India won the odi World Cup there would have been a market for it.

Get ready for rizwan & Baba opening

Attachments

• IMG_4020.png
    IMG_4020.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Really overrated player. Someone who thrived against weaker teams especially at home abd made an entire career out of it.

Also brought infamy to himself and Cricket Aus by indulging in blatant cheating and then cried. Effective PR means that chapter has been forgotten quickly.

Cricket Aus has been far too.lenient with him. Should have dropped him ideally long back, but CA doesn't have quality openers at all, esp in test cricket so had to endure this guy.

Not at all deserving to have played the number of matches he ended up playing.

The ball swung around quite a bit with the new ball. It is not surprising that he didn’t do well. He has never had the technique and the mentality to handle movement.

He didn’t fail in this World Cup because of his age but because of his limitations.

Bro has given himself a 36 month farewell world tour. Australian fans are unhappy that Mcgurk was overlooked for "experience". Overall WT20 career of Warner is okayish. Nothing earth shattering. 41 matches 8 fifties average 25. Strike rate 134.

Warner reiterates selection caveat in spite of international retirement

While announcing his Test retirement in January at the end of the Australian summer and departing T20I cricket after the recent T20 World Cup campaign, Warner has reiterated via Instagram that he would be open for a final ODI jaunt at next year's tournament in Pakistan.

Reflecting on his interantional career in the post, Warner stated his desire to continue playing T20 cricket on the domestic circuit, before adding the Champions Trophy caveat.

"It’s been an unbelievable experience to play at the highest level for such a long period. Australia was my team," Warner began.

"The majority of my career was at the international level. It’s been an honour to be able to do this.

"I want to say thanks to everyone out there who has made this possible. My wife and my girls, who sacrificed so much, thank you for all your support. No person will ever know what we’ve been through.

"I will continue to play franchise cricket for a while, and I am also open to playing for (Australia) in the Champions Trophy if selected.

"This team has had unbelievable success the last few years and long may this continue. Pat Cummins, Andrew Old Mac (McDonald, Australian coach) and staff have got this.

ICC

Selectors put a line through Warner as heavy workload and looming India Tests mean careful management of veteran stars
David Warner's recent social media suggestion he's available to come out of retirement and make himself available for next year's ICC Champions Trophy ODI tournament in Pakistan has been laughed off by men's selection panel chair George Bailey.

Despite the absence of several veteran players from Australia's upcoming white-ball tour to face Scotland and England, Bailey confirmed Warner is the only member of the recent T20 World Cup outfit who definitely won't figure in future plans.

"I don't think there's anyone that's not there (in the UK squads) that we've put a line through permanently besides David (Warner) who's retired," Bailey said today.

"I don't think anyone else has formally retired."

Warner set tongues wagging last week when he took to Instagram to confirm his immediate playing focus will be franchise cricket around the globe but added "… I am also open to playing for (Australia) in the Champions Trophy if selected."

That tournament is scheduled for February next year but Bailey was adamant the record-breaking opener, who drew the curtain on his Test tenue at the end of the previous Australia summer, was not part of the selectors' plans.

"I think he's just stirring the pot a bit," Bailey said.

"Our understanding is that David's retired and should be commended on what is an incredible career across all three formats.

"Certainly our planning is he won't be there in Pakistan."

Selectors put a line through Warner as heavy workload and looming India Tests mean careful management of veteran stars
David Warner's recent social media suggestion he's available to come out of retirement and make himself available for next year's ICC Champions Trophy ODI tournament in Pakistan has been laughed off by men's selection panel chair George Bailey.

Despite the absence of several veteran players from Australia's upcoming white-ball tour to face Scotland and England, Bailey confirmed Warner is the only member of the recent T20 World Cup outfit who definitely won't figure in future plans.

"I don't think there's anyone that's not there (in the UK squads) that we've put a line through permanently besides David (Warner) who's retired," Bailey said today.

"I don't think anyone else has formally retired."

Warner set tongues wagging last week when he took to Instagram to confirm his immediate playing focus will be franchise cricket around the globe but added "… I am also open to playing for (Australia) in the Champions Trophy if selected."

That tournament is scheduled for February next year but Bailey was adamant the record-breaking opener, who drew the curtain on his Test tenue at the end of the previous Australia summer, was not part of the selectors' plans.

"I think he's just stirring the pot a bit," Bailey said.

"Our understanding is that David's retired and should be commended on what is an incredible career across all three formats.

"Certainly our planning is he won't be there in Pakistan."

Zindabad, CA knows better to pull a Ben stokes for 2023 and hope that he'd replicate his 2019 magic.

Warner was washed up in 2024.

If this was a pakistani player like Misbah, PCB would gladly get him back.

David Warner to feature in Cayman Islands' T10 cricket league

Australian cricketer David Warner is set to feature in the inaugural MAX60 Caribbean League tournament, a new T10 cricket competition in the Cayman Islands.

The tournament, which has received approval from both the Caribbean boards and the International Cricket Council (ICC), is scheduled to begin on August 18.

The event will feature six teams competing over eight days.

Warner retired from international cricket earlier this year, following the conclusion of ICC T20 World Cup.

David Warner to feature in Cayman Islands' T10 cricket league

Australian cricketer David Warner is set to feature in the inaugural MAX60 Caribbean League tournament, a new T10 cricket competition in the Cayman Islands.

The tournament, which has received approval from both the Caribbean boards and the International Cricket Council (ICC), is scheduled to begin on August 18.

The event will feature six teams competing over eight days.

Warner retired from international cricket earlier this year, following the conclusion of ICC T20 World Cup.

He's the greatest whiteball opener that Australia has ever had.

Superior to Gilchrist for sure. However Gilchrist was superior in test.

Back