Deepak Chahar - Performance Watch

Xohaib

First Class Captain
Runs
On the first morning of the 77th Ranji Trophy, Rajasthan bowled Hyderabad out for 21 in 78 minutes of mayhem in Jaipur, breaking the tournament record for the lowest team total and equalling the Indian first-class record. Debutant Deepak Chahar, Rajasthan's 18-year-old medium-pacer, did the damage with a spell that read 7.3-2-10-8.

The previous Ranji record was set in the first season (1934-35), when Southern Punjab were bowled out for 22 chasing 114 against Northern India in Amritsar.

Chahar was on a hat-trick once, removing MP Arjun and Alfred Absolem with the last ball of his seventh over and the first of his eighth. Pagadala Naidu, the No. 11, kept the hat-trick ball out but got out to the next one. He was not close to getting a perfect 10, though: Pankaj Singh claimed the second and fourth Hyderabad wickets.

His figures fell just short of the record effort on debut. Maharashtra's Vasant Ranjane took 9 for 56 on first-class debut in 1956-57, bowling Saurashtra out for 83 in Khadakvasla and setting up an easy innings win.

Not one of Hyderabad's batsmen got to double figures, and Akshath Reddy's 6 was the highest individual score. Incredibly, there were only three ducks, and no extras. The whole innings lasted 15.3 overs.

Hyderabad's effort equalled the record for the lowest total in all first-class cricket in India, a mark that has stayed for 95 seasons. During the Bombay Quadrangular in 1915-16, the Europeans bundled the Mohammedans out for 21.

http://www.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/484693.html

India also has bowler,hmmm

He has arrived.mixture of ambrose+akram+mcgrath+marshall.Make way,the king has arrived.

Lol but i know where this disaster came from.Its the hyderabad cricket association with cronies who select the players they want.the vice president made his brother coach of hyd team and son yadav as captain of hyd team.primed to fail

Wow! how is it possible to be all out for only 21 runs?

A good bowling effort nevertheless.

lol, i guess things cant get much worse!

Wow! how is it possible to be all out for only 21 runs?

A good bowling effort nevertheless.

Hope they notice the guy and mould him properly.But i see him now immediately put in the ipl auction next month and then its one way as usual.

8 for 10 runs, an excellent effort. Hope he is not an ipl victim to be.

Hope they notice the guy and mould him properly.But i see him now immediately put in the ipl auction next month and then its one way as usual.

He's just 18, playing IPL at 18 (with no international experience. not even at at U19 level) will demolish his confidence as a bowler when he get smacked all over the park by IPL sloggers.

As someone mentioned in another thread, seems like Hyderabad is short of batsmen. Incidentally, Hyderabad is also Malik's susraal. Maybe they should avail his services.

No matter who your bowling to them figures are pretty special, let's wait and see if he is any good.

As someone mentioned in another thread, seems like Hyderabad is short of batsmen. Incidentally, Hyderabad is also Malik's susraal. Maybe they should avail his services.

I don't think the situation is THAT bad. :D

phew finally ... move over Aamer.There's a new kind on the block.:kapil

amazing performance from deepak chahar

and good to see pakistanis praising a young indian bowler

hope he becomes the next zaheer khan & takes india to some memorable test match wins

could be just the pitch & he was bowling to a depleted post-ICL Hyderabad team

Is he another one of those Indian quick spinners like irfan pathan?

credit where its due ...welldone kid ..this kid has that waqar banana swinger ..i hope he dosent end up in IPL hat will destroy his confidence

7.3-2-10-8 , that amazing spell. Hope this guy remains consistent.

Good... But here's how its done in the Big Leagues...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a5G4pqb4nns" frameborder="0"></iframe>

One day India, One day you'll have a fast bowler... One day...

Now for some javelin practice for Zaheer Khan...

From the video, he does look like an extremely promising bowler.

However, as is the norm in India, BCCI is going to get carried away and make him available for IPL auction next year. The kid will sell for $800,000 and from there it will be the same predictable download career trajectory.

Sad, as the kid did look a million bucks from the video above

^ i agree but if i can play devil's advocate, he is playing on grounds that are quite conducive to fast bowling. Cannot yet compare him to Amir who generally bowled on flat tricks and had similar stats after those many games

From the video, he does look like an extremely promising bowler.

However, as is the norm in India, BCCI is going to get carried away and make him available for IPL auction next year. The kid will sell for $800,000 and from there it will be the same predictable download career trajectory.

Sad, as the kid did look a million bucks from the video above

Does the kid really care you think....if he makes huge bucks in IPL for him life main goal of riches is achieved in 2-3 years...then hell fadea0way like others

credit where its due ...welldone kid ..this kid has that waqar banana swinger ..i hope he dosent end up in IPL hat will destroy his confidence

I will wait until he has faced a number of teams with similar results. If he is consistent (lots of 4-fers and 5-fers and 6-fers), then I will start hyping him up. But just until IPL gets a hold of him, robs him of his swing and leaves behind just a banana.

8/2 in 2nd inns, both openers out for Ducks, so not looking clever.

I wouldn't get too excited about this kid. I remember when Munaf Patel came on the scene, with great pace & toe crushing yorkers, people were saying that he was the next big thing in Indian cricket. Now he's just another trundler.

India seems to break promising bowlers.

I wouldn't get too excited about this kid. I remember when Munaf Patel came on the scene, with great pace & toe crushing yorkers, people were saying that he was the next big thing in Indian cricket. Now he's just another trundler.

India seems to break promising bowlers.

Ya,but some self destructed themselves too.Agarkar,pathan etc.

This guy (Deepak Chahar) has bowled has been bowling pretty decent since his debut..... 33 wickets in 8 matches at a very decent average;

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indiandomestic2010/content/player/447261.html

Currently he is playing in this match;
http://www.espncricinfo.com/indiandomestic2010/engine/current/match/465465.html

In his first match, he got 12 wickets for 64 run...... and then in next 7 matches he has taken 21 wickets for 689 runs at an average of 32.81.

Only 18 years old right now.... I hope, he plays for Indian team.

With that kind of swing he will get must batsmans out, provided he got enough pace.

India's Mohammad Asif

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IENxb_nJjdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes I know the quality of batsmen is not great but the guy sure can do Asif type magic with the ball..

Lets not overhype any youngsters till they display the potential to perform at the international stage with consistency.

well looks very impressive .Swing is huge ,should be a future prospect .

RR when did you finish your degree in video-editing ?

Seems like total fabrication and I herebey declare RR as a troublemaker and an illegal Asif Comparer.

RR when did you finish your degree in video-editing ?

Seems like total fabrication and I herebey declare RR as a troublemaker and an illegal Asif Comparer.

Miggy SsssssHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :15: .......

Seems like an impressive bowler and amazed to see he is coming from india.

Seems like an impressive bowler and amazed to see he is coming from india.

And we know that India does not produce any fast bowlers of repute. Good point.

Quick!

Someone check his passport, place of birth, adoption history, etc etc etc!!! :D

looks hardly 130-135 kph

his bowling will be dependent on swinging conditions like anderson except that he doesnt have andersons pace ....

he wont be that much mennacing in flat conditions

When I saw the title I expected a video like this:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Mr9H3hNJjA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks pretty good. Wouldn't compare to Asif though, as Asif is a master of seam movement off the pitch. This guy was getting huge amount swing through the air.

But as Anwer Ali has demonstrated, one good spell (regardless of how impressive it is) does not mean international success. Let's see if he continues to develop and can do this at higher levels. Would be good for India.

Looks pretty good. Wouldn't compare to Asif though, as Asif is a master of seam movement off the pitch. This guy was getting huge amount swing through the air.

But as Anwer Ali has demonstrated, one good spell (regardless of how impressive it is) does not mean international success. Let's see if he continues to develop and can do this at higher levels. Would be good for India.

Exactly... we can't compare him with Asif.. But a good prospect for England and Nz Pitches

If he is any good we would see him in the IPL. One can't imagine someone like Asif being ignored.

he had swing and hes pretty tall, get him in the team now!!

Plenty of swing in air, looks decent but too early to say if he is International level let alone Asif's class.

Took 40 wickets at an avg of 21 in this season in 9 matches(debut season) so good prospect and he is only 18 now so i guess he can add a bit of speed and skill to his bowling.Interesting prospect though

Interesting fact:His brother made his debut for the U-14 zonal team and took 5-6.He is a new ball bowler as well.

Back