Devendra Bishoo - West Indies leg-spinner

alishahid

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Seems like a guy to watch out and certainly one for the future westindies. has a lot of potential is brave enough to flight the ball and get the best. he might prove to be a threat in the quarter final stage. A young bright talented leg spinner with some varieties and will certainly develop to be a good bowler.

He might certainly develop into a good bowler against us in the QF's considering how pakistan make mountains out of molehills

Watch out for Bishoo !!!

He is sharp and wicket taking

imo this guy is nothing special. We have to worry other players of WI.

Gayle and Roach in particular

How did you come to that conclusion. He was brilliant against Indians.. Today he just didnt have any runs to work with..

Dont just open threads for the sake of increasing ur post count ... Rubbish THread

He will be a very very good bowlers in a year or two...specially in test matches.

nothing to discuss...was very good on debut...stop wrist slitting considering he is not a pakistani player

Food for thought: this a pitch where every spinner took a wicket and is very spinner friendly wicket dont you think this is kind of a paradise pitch for him

How did you come to that conclusion. He was brilliant against Indians.. Today he just didnt have any runs to work with..

Dont just open threads for the sake of increasing ur post count ... Rubbish THread

totally agree..

i dont get these most dislike/,ost like or some of these other stupid threads..

the quality at pp is so bad, its amazing...guys go check out our padosi forum and see what they are doing..

oh well

Rubbish OP
Did well against India and England, looks good to me to be honest

He is a very good bowler. Will improve with time. Don't forget he debuted in this WC. He didn't played for WI before.

alright i will say it im seeing him play for the first time so bad judgment from my side.

The most unskilled bowler ever?

Discuss.

Are you kidding me? He is most skilled bowler in WI team. He has good faster one(flipper) and bowls more like Afridi(but he doesn't have the drift).

Come on defending 112 defensive fields? even dale steyn would look poor in that kind of situation.

dont lose heart-hes got potential, needs more experience and some helpful wickets

Thats the reason i wanted to discuss. I wanted to know if he is really that bad. Now that i know hes got potential and one match sample isn't good enough to rate a bowler but really he was poor today. atleast agree with me on this one.

Ramiz singles Bishoo out at the end of match ceronomy. everying one is aware that he is a telent to watch.

Looked the goods in his previous games and I admire his hustle, was really fielding his heart out despite the impossibleness of the situation.

Has been find off the series as far as W.I goes. Very good control and drift for a leggie and also not afraid to toss ball up when needs be!

He is a very, very good bowler, the criticism on here is baseless. He can flight the ball, turn it and get the ball to go straight on too. He has a decent quicker ball too, he is the find of the series for WI and will be one of the best spinners in the world in a few years if utilised properly.

Pakistan need to play Devendra Bishoo smartly

If Ajmal can spin his doosras sharply then we really have to play Bishoo's legspin carefully. In my opinion he will be The biggest threat.

Yes Bishoo is the main threat from their side. We need to be positive with their opening bowlers so that when Bishoo comes we are warmed up and well settled (unless they decide to go with Bishoo with the new ball).

The key will be to have well set batsmen playing him, but he seems like the kind of bowler who can pick up wickets despite the batsman being cautious. The odd good ball is just around the corner with him.

W.I have pretty much 3 front line bowlers including Bishoo so pakistan should just look to wear down the W.I attack and pick them off as the Inns goes along.

How we play Bishoo may determine whether we win our first series in the Caribbean!

Misbah can play him all day let other batsman attack other bowlers :sammy

Yes Bishoo will be a threat but how do you play him?

I would go with a similar tactic used by the Aussies against Swann last winter. Obviously respect his good deliveries but be assertive against him and not let him settle in to a rhythm. Use your feet against the quicker/flatter deliveries and find the gaps but not necessarily try to him out of the ground. He will get that leg spinner to rip but I haven't seen use the wrong'un but he does have the one which goes straight on. Defending him and trying to play him will be a massive mistake imo.

we are overrating him, he will not get more than 3 wickets in this match.

he's an ODI bowler.

One of the Ys, especially Younis would have been priceless here because of their expertise against spin

Even a left hander or 2 would've been useful

Considering seamers haven't gotten anything except a bit of reverse and inconsistent bounce, Bishoo is really gonna be the man.

However it is his test debut, so we shouldn't be too afraid of him after the class of spinners our players play against in domestic cricket. Either look to attack him or wear him out a bit, test his endurance and mental strength.

slog sweep him all the way to the Pacific! :misbah :umarakmal

Last edited:
He'll surely be a threat as we didn't quite negotiate him that well even in the ODI's where he had 10 to bowl and here he'll be bowling over after over which will surely test the skills of our young batters!

Like KKWC said, need to tackle him in a way where his good deliveries are respected and loose ones to be harsh with. Try not to let him settle in a rhythm because if he does get in he'll be bowling some skillful stuff!

Younis Khan, Pakistan's best player, of spin will be seriously missed on this track. I still hope for a 200+ lead though.. as long as it's wrapped up quickly tomorrow.

I can't remember the last time we scored 400+ in a test match. It took months to get past 300 but hopefully 400 will be passed tomorrow.

Yes we need to play him as smartly as possible coz he's a smart operator, atm we are in driving seat, dont want him to hit bullseye also Pakistan's Outcricket has to be smart :raja

I'm sure he will trigger a half collapse or something

He's a Good Bowler but i think he'll need a good pair so they can attack pakistan batsman !!

Bishoo is a very dangerous bowler i think if we can handle him well then we will win

Except for Azhar, I think they are all decent player of spin. Shouldn't be too hard to handle.

This is a test match so we dont have to try and get after him! Its a case of sitting in and playing each ball on its merit and hammering the bad balls.

With all this bishoo talk everywhere, i strongly feel that he's not going to bother us much in this test. A non-regular bowler will.:D

This is a test match so we dont have to try and get after him! Its a case of sitting in and playing each ball on its merit and hammering the bad balls.

That is one way of tackling him.

On a different note, I would like to see a little aggression at the start of his spell to make sure he does not completely settle into rhythm and flight.

Yeah, especially on a pitch that seems to be favouring spinners.

i'd be more worried about the mediocre sammy. i'm expecting him to take at least 4 wickets.

In the last decade we have played all spinners badly.

Save for Misbah , The Current best players are not in the playing eleven. MY, YK & Malik

In the last decade we have played all spinners badly.

Save for Misbah , The Current best players are not in the playing eleven. MY, YK & Malik

Plan B

Hit him anywhere for six on the first ball. :afridi

That 'planning' is for the brainless sloggers... :p

I say treat him like any other bowler and all will be fine, a recognized bowler that is, for we know how we fare against part-timers and newbies :facepalm:

Smartly yes but not just keep blocking every ball.One has to attack him to change his line.Never let a leg spinner settle.

lol @ the title.
How dare you put smart(ly) and Pakistan (team) in the same sentence ???

Don't think we are playing him smartly. He is a Warne against Pakistan :))

Crumbled against Bishoo. A good leggie is worth his weight in gold....

Smart bowler. But we're being extra cautious and loosing the plot. Umar played his natural game and hence had the upper hand of him.

such an absolute class bowler

naturally made spinner

has a huge future ahead of him...that ball that just bamboozled akmal was class lol

Glad to see WI producing such a naturally talented player. Let's hope he is groomed properly. Has had a great start to his international career. Really hope he makes it big - the world needs an exciting new spinner.

Bishoo bowled with excellent control but apart from rehman and Akmal no one tried to even use there feet against him. If your just going to try and block or attack against leg spinner with no feet movement your asking for trouble!

Continues to torment us 5 years on . . . . .

Very talented bowler though.

No excuses for Bishoo if he can't deliver on this bone dry surface which is turning even on Day 1.

He doesn't have enough confidence in his googly, nor possesses the control or speed through the air like Yasir.

He came onto the scene with much promise in 2011 but hasn't kicked on as people hoped.

Back