Did PTI supporters fail Imran and PTI?

Major

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Kept hearing from PTI fans since the last 1 year that if they touch IMran or try to remove him, in this day of social media all PTI fans will come out on the streets and take on anyone who tries to mess with Imran or PTI.

I also heard how Imran was the so called redline for PTI fans (completely misunderstanding that red line refers to not crossing into the army lines).

Army ended up breaking the backs an arrested PTI fans. Now, PTI members are being arrested and resigning, while Imran is being made to be left alone and most probably be declared as a terrorist and bared from contesting the elections.

Question is,
WHERE ARE THE PTI FANS? WHY DIDNT PTI FANS STAND UP FOR THEIR LEADER OR FOR THEIR PARTY?

PPP and PMLN party members and fans were locked up for a long time. PPP supporters were lashed with whips. Still the supporters stood up and challenged any unjust law. Bhuttos train marches became famous when Zia passed a law where a group of people can stand together, but his fans were cunning enough that they stood in huge numbers at every train station that Bhutto was crossing in Pakistan.

PTI fans have talked alot, but even with todays social media, they have proven to be useless

A lot of them were overseas with western passports and didn't actually want to leave their comfy lives in the West and go and support their leader. Never confuse online following for actual impact on the ground.

But apparently they do their thing by partially funding PTI and Imran’s cause so they can be more vocal and aggressive about the situation as compared to the ones living in Pakistan facing the brunt of the armed forces

Kept hearing from PTI fans since the last 1 year that if they touch IMran or try to remove him, in this day of social media all PTI fans will come out on the streets and take on anyone who tries to mess with Imran or PTI.

I also heard how Imran was the so called redline for PTI fans (completely misunderstanding that red line refers to not crossing into the army lines).

Army ended up breaking the backs an arrested PTI fans. Now, PTI members are being arrested and resigning, while Imran is being made to be left alone and most probably be declared as a terrorist and bared from contesting the elections.

Question is,
WHERE ARE THE PTI FANS? WHY DIDNT PTI FANS STAND UP FOR THEIR LEADER OR FOR THEIR PARTY?

PPP and PMLN party members and fans were locked up for a long time. PPP supporters were lashed with whips. Still the supporters stood up and challenged any unjust law. Bhuttos train marches became famous when Zia passed a law where a group of people can stand together, but his fans were cunning enough that they stood in huge numbers at every train station that Bhutto was crossing in Pakistan.

PTI fans have talked alot, but even with todays social media, they have proven to be useless

The PTI fans stood up for their leader and 1000s were jailed then they are considered traitors by your friends.

IK could have easily called for mass street demos and public disobedience but he did not as he is confronted by Jihala of the worst kind.

Social Media?

Have you seen the number of likes an IK tweet gets within seconds?

The PTI fans stood up for their leader and 1000s were jailed then they are considered traitors by your friends.

IK could have easily called for mass street demos and public disobedience but he did not as he is confronted by Jihala of the worst kind.

Social Media?

IK could had easily done this could had easily done that? A phrase we hearing for quite a long time.

WHat has he ever done?

the number of likes mean nothing when these people cant show up in person. The likes wont save Imran, its the ground action that will save him

“IK could have easily called for mass street demos and public disobedience but he did not as he is confronted by Jihala of the worst kind.“

But Imran did though. How else did he manage to get out of the Supreme Court after he was acquitted and was held back for 3 hours plus? What did he say on his video message? How did he threaten the police chief to release him?

It is a myth that PML-N and PPP stood their ground against the military. Bhutto’s Working Committee had 30 members and 28 left the party. No leader stood behind ZAB.

In 1999, when Musharraf came, Khawaja Asif, Rana Tanvir and Khaqan Abbasi fled, leaving Nawaz Sharif alone. Those who did not leave, ending up joining Musharraf’s government.

When push comes to shove, everyone flees. The same happened with the PTI. We must not forget that 10,000 PTI are in prison.

It is a myth that PML-N and PPP stood their ground against the military. Bhutto’s Working Committee had 30 members and 28 left the party. No leader stood behind ZAB.

In 1999, when Musharraf came, Khawaja Asif, Rana Tanvir and Khaqan Abbasi fled, leaving Nawaz Sharif alone. Those who did not leave, ending up joining Musharraf’s government.

When push comes to shove, everyone flees. The same happened with the PTI. We must not forget that 10,000 PTI are in prison.
?

Bhuttos supporters were picked up by Zia. Journalist, supporters and party members were lashed on the backs and were about to face death. His son than hijacked a plane and got everyone released from the torture cells of Zia.

Think the better question is did Pakistan supporters fail their own country.

?

Bhuttos supporters were picked up by Zia. Journalist, supporters and party members were lashed on the backs and were about to face death. His son than hijacked a plane and got everyone released from the torture cells of Zia.

PTI workers have been picked up by COAS Munir. They also face violence and abuse.

Think the better question is did Pakistan supporters fail their own country.

This, 100%.

You get the Government you deserve, and the slavish mentality shown by the populace will ensure this feudal system continues ad infinitum..

PTI isnt Pakistan

I don't support PTI, and I don't particularly like IK.

But I support haq. And anyone who does would not support or condone what had happened to the country over the last 30 days, irrespective of the party they support.

Social Media?

To be fair social media is always a feel good thing to boost up awareness for your cause and confidence to move forward. But that's exactly were social media ends and journey on foot begins. I have seen tons of my friends who have extremely strong opinion on secularism , gender rights , political oppression but when it comes to coming to the street or actually move their bottom from the couch hardly 1-2% turns up. Point is social media may not necessarily translate into an actual movement from the virtual to the real world which is what matters.

The hypocrisy of PTI supporters

Acting tough and "pretending" to take a moral ground against corruption. Yet doing everything they can to save Imran Khan from facing corruption charges and damaging state institutions to vent their anger.

Have PTI supporters been exposed?

Imran doesn’t have worldwide support. Silence from the west. And I don’t really blame them, Imran went against them, blamed them without proof. Even if they had done what he alleged, the smart thing was not to turn them against him like he has. He needlessly damaged relations with the west.

Imran should have picked his battles better. The corrupt politicians are the ones he should oppose. There was no point bringing in the military and the west, who by most accounts will largely stay out of the fight if not provoked.

Even when Imran was removed from prime minister, he should have remained calm, not blaming anyone and gather support for next election. It is likely he would have easily won, and got a bigger majority which would have made his position as prime minister more secure. Whether or not other forces were at play, Imran was removed in a purely legal way. He should have accepted that.

I think Imran is at fault not his supporters. He took on too many battles not his supporters or even his party. It’s a shame because I desperately wanted Imran Khan in power, sick of the corruption in the country. Even if Imran gets back in power now, he will be at odds with the military and west. I don’t see how Pakistan will be able to succeed in those conditions. I’d still take imran over sharif in those conditions, but everything feels over in Pakistan now anyway as a result of all this whoever is in charge.

Acting tough and "pretending" to take a moral ground against corruption. Yet doing everything they can to save Imran Khan from facing corruption charges and damaging state institutions to vent their anger.

Have PTI supporters been exposed?

I think the only people who have been badly exposed here are the supporters of crooks

I think the only people who have been badly exposed here are the supporters of crooks

Exactly what I'm saying these crooks have stolen 190 million pounds from the national exchequer and yet their supporters are blindly defending them.

IK is a terrible politician, and his aloof style that worked so well as Pakistan cricket captain doesn't translate well to politics where you need the art of consensus building. Conversely, Zardari is a terrible human being, but a great politician.

Exactly what I'm saying these crooks have stolen 190 million pounds from the national exchequer and yet their supporters are blindly defending them.

You do realise that these are just allegations?

Imran doesn’t have worldwide support. Silence from the west. And I don’t really blame them, Imran went against them, blamed them without proof. Even if they had done what he alleged, the smart thing was not to turn them against him like he has. He needlessly damaged relations with the west.

Imran should have picked his battles better. The corrupt politicians are the ones he should oppose. There was no point bringing in the military and the west, who by most accounts will largely stay out of the fight if not provoked.

Even when Imran was removed from prime minister, he should have remained calm, not blaming anyone and gather support for next election. It is likely he would have easily won, and got a bigger majority which would have made his position as prime minister more secure. Whether or not other forces were at play, Imran was removed in a purely legal way. He should have accepted that.

I think Imran is at fault not his supporters. He took on too many battles not his supporters or even his party. It’s a shame because I desperately wanted Imran Khan in power, sick of the corruption in the country. Even if Imran gets back in power now, he will be at odds with the military and west. I don’t see how Pakistan will be able to succeed in those conditions. I’d still take imran over sharif in those conditions, but everything feels over in Pakistan now anyway as a result of all this whoever is in charge.

This is a sensible post and the most realistic situation imran khan is in at the moment but any one who share these views are labeled as nazwaz sharif supporter

It would at least be something if they were supporters of any party - which would then mean they actually had a vision going forward. Most of those who post here are usually just attacking the few Pakistanis who have proven they have some backbone. In other words they are trolling, and may not even be Pakistanis for all we know.

You do realise that these are just allegations?

Nothing concrete has ever been proven against Quaid either. If he can be sentenced to 7 yrs in jail on baseless allegations, Imran should be treated the same way.

Exactly. My sentiments. Khan burnt all his bridges and picked unnecessary fights and spread chaos. He could have won a huge and even greater victory if he had just remained calm. He threw it all away by himself.

Exactly. My sentiments. Khan burnt all his bridges and picked unnecessary fights and spread chaos. He could have won a huge and even greater victory if he had just remained calm. He threw it all away by himself.

He should have taken on one party at a time, rather than all of them together (including the Army). All he did was galvanise his opposition to see him as the common enemy. Stupid strategy.

Good to see your posts on this side of the forum, I agree with mostly everything but I do think once the new COAS came in irrespective of IK remaining calm they were going to go against him.

IK might have played into hands of Establishment as I said during May 9 issues itself but I don’t think IK had any choice as such.. he waited an year for elections..

The west was bombing FATA areas of Pakistan with the collusion of the Pakistan army. This isn't about western policy being wrong either, it's about it being wrong for Pakistan. I'm sure western countries have their reasons to pursue aggressive policies to install compliant regimes, but each country has to look after it's own interests first.

Could he have been a better politician and bitten his tongue more? I guess. But at the end of the day it all becomes much easier if your interests align with western ones in the first place, like they did in the years of the Russian jihad. If they don't then you are not left in any sort of situation you can make much of.

IK’s supporters are mostly just keyboard warriors, they don’t actually put in practice what they preach. Yes, a thousand did try and now face prison time, but in a country of a 200 million population that clearly is not enough to take on the military. I don’t see the anguish in Pakistani people resulting in a rebellion against the military, the way it was felt in SL or the Arab states a few years ago.

And regarding the West, they have absolutely no reason in the world to interfere on behalf of IK. But China could and for some reason is still keeping quiet. Notice in all this, China gets away Scot free from the blame game inspite of the leverage they have over the Pakistani establishment.

Its unfair to blame IK alone. The manner in which his PTI leadership deserted him, they have fed him to the wolves, they were his advisors all these years, they played a big part in giving him wrong advice and now deserting him striking a deal with the establishment and abandoning him.

To be fair social media is always a feel good thing to boost up awareness for your cause and confidence to move forward. But that's exactly were social media ends and journey on foot begins. I have seen tons of my friends who have extremely strong opinion on secularism , gender rights , political oppression but when it comes to coming to the street or actually move their bottom from the couch hardly 1-2% turns up. Point is social media may not necessarily translate into an actual movement from the virtual to the real world which is what matters.

Social media is purely for virtual signaling most of the time. Just like you, i have few friends who are extremely vocal on social media about, LGBTQ+ right, democracy, minority right, secularism, and all that fun stuff. Not a single one of them voted in recent Karnataka elections. Not a single one of them!!! we had fun pulling their legs in our whatsapp group. Everyone had an excuse, one of them had a team meeting which cannot be skipped (as if he met for whole day), another had to go to goa on vacation, etc etc. Its the same here in US. I was in California during 2019 primaries and among all those who spoke about virtues of Bernie sanders and his socialist policies, less than 5% actually showed up to vote. Social media is good for creating awareness, but very few actually get their backside off and work for their causes. Expecting them to sacrifice for their countries is too much

Forget about social media warriors, most of the PTI leaders did not spend much time in the jail, including Imran Khan. All great leaders were ready to go to jail to achieve their goals. IK doesn't seem to be strong enough to do it. All talk and not much action.

Its unfair to blame IK alone. The manner in which his PTI leadership deserted him, they have fed him to the wolves, they were his advisors all these years, they played a big part in giving him wrong advice and now deserting him striking a deal with the establishment and abandoning him.

everyone should desert their leader if the leader is unwilling to make the same sacrifices, they are asking their followers to do. If IK wanted their followers to go to jail for their cause, he should be leading them there. This applies to any leader anywhere. Just about any leader who wanted to question status quo and bring changes went to jail.

everyone should desert their leader if the leader is unwilling to make the same sacrifices, they are asking their followers to do. If IK wanted their followers to go to jail for their cause, he should be leading them there. This applies to any leader anywhere. Just about any leader who wanted to question status quo and bring changes went to jail.

IK is following the legal procedure of applying for bail. Unfortunately or fortunately the civil cases against him are not strong enough which is why his lawyers have been successful in securing bail for him. The establishment out of desperation is now trying to convict him in a military court where they will be the judges, jury and executioners.

Somewhat comparable situation in India was during emergency. Lots and lots of opposition party workers and leaders were in jail for extended periods of time. Advani, Vajpayee, Chandrashekar, Mulayam Singh, Morarji Desai, etc. all went to jail. As you can see there multiple future PMs, and CMs were in jail for months. There were protests all over the country for years before the government gave in. Here I see IK is too big a leader to spend even a week in jail. I don't blame his followers.

During 80 and 90s I canvassed for Janata party candidates, and we had few leaders and party workers who went to jail during emergency. You may or may not agree with their politics, but their commitment to what they believe is right was unquestionable. There were party workers who had spent years away from families surviving on pittance to work for their causes. I admire them even if their ideology is not something i associate with myself anymore. I don't see anything like that in PTI politics. All IKs fights were for personal gain, basically stopping him from going to Jail or making him PM

Pakistan sounds like a country where if there is a road accident you'll find more people filming with their phones instead of being a good Samaritan and saving the injured, instead hoping the person next to them does something.

Equally, if an act of blasphemy is committed Pakistanis will join up to potentially kill an individual like the Sri Lankan from a few years ago, because the person next to them is part of the violence.

The Imran Khan movement seems to belong in the former camp.

Somewhat comparable situation in India was during emergency. Lots and lots of opposition party workers and leaders were in jail for extended periods of time. Advani, Vajpayee, Chandrashekar, Mulayam Singh, Morarji Desai, etc. all went to jail. As you can see there multiple future PMs, and CMs were in jail for months. There were protests all over the country for years before the government gave in. Here I see IK is too big a leader to spend even a week in jail. I don't blame his followers.

During 80 and 90s I canvassed for Janata party candidates, and we had few leaders and party workers who went to jail during emergency. You may or may not agree with their politics, but their commitment to what they believe is right was unquestionable. There were party workers who had spent years away from families surviving on pittance to work for their causes. I admire them even if their ideology is not something i associate with myself anymore. I don't see anything like that in PTI politics. All IKs fights were for personal gain, basically stopping him from going to Jail or making him PM

In order for one to go to jail, the courts have to order your arrest and deny your bail if the case against you is strong. Why should he go to jail fazool mein and give the PDM, Military establishment an opportunity to kill him like they have done to their numerous opponents, witnesses via suspect heart attack cases?

Can't blame the supporters when the party leadership capitulated so quickly.

Imagine you are a supporter, your leader has rallied you to keep him out jail. When other senior leaders are jailed they capitulate.

Would you risk your safety and livelihood for these guys?

IK is a terrible politician, and his aloof style that worked so well as Pakistan cricket captain doesn't translate well to politics where you need the art of consensus building. Conversely, Zardari is a terrible human being, but a great politician.

This is a brilliant summary of the situation.

Imran burned numerous bridges, I know first hand how he neglected proven party activists in the form of electable and then went on to burn bridges with the electable too.

“Electables don’t matter”

“Imran Khan vote bank is intact.”

Both statements proved wrong in #LA15 #Bagh . A PTI seat yet contest is between #PPP and #PMLN . #PTI is nowhere near.

If "electables" were so irrelevant Gen Faiz would not have forced them to join PTI in 2018.

IK's social media popularity is vastly greater than his popularity on the ground.

IK could had easily done this could had easily done that? A phrase we hearing for quite a long time.

WHat has he ever done?

the number of likes mean nothing when these people cant show up in person. The likes wont save Imran, its the ground action that will save him

- For 27 years he has fought singlehandy in the politics, no family dynasty to support him, not living on sympathies of past sacrifices like a certain political party

- Build hospitals and universities like no other person has done in Pakistan before while he was busy in politics, fighting corruption.

- Peple say establishment broutgh him to power, that's pure rubbish, had they not taken 28 seats away from him, he could have won more emphatically. He came in power with people's will.

- Despite having som bad people in his own party he kept on fighting.

- During his reing of 3,5 years first 2 years economic growth over 6% annually, Dollar was at 170s, now it has crossed 300 lol

- Foreing remittances, foreign investment, IT, Tax collection, Export, job creation everything was going in right direction

- Ehsas program, 70% of pakistanis had medi-care for all.

- And now 10 000 of workers are in jail, people are being tortured in jails, in their houses, women are not spared. He has some 200 cases against him and he is running from one court to another for nothing and still not giving up and keeps smiling. He is under immense preassure. Every single IDARA in country is after him, but what are they achieving?

And here you come and spout rubbish about him daily. I even don't want to talk about what your party and their partners have achieved.

For 27 years he has fought singlehandy in the politics, no family dynasty to support him, not living on sympathies of past sacrifices like a certain political party
Fought?
His political career started after 2013. Before that he was doing nothing. He didnt try to become an MNA or solve local issues. Infact he didnt contest the 2008 elections cause he knew no one would bother supporting him.

Jibran Nasir has done more than him for society.

-
Build hospitals and universities like no other person has done in Pakistan before while he was busy in politics, fighting corruption.
built a pvt hospital.

There are alot of people that have built and financed their hospitals.
Also, its a hospital for the rich.

ANd no one takes admission in NAMAL, sorry. Even teh people of MIanwali would rather go to Lahore. It isnt a top institute.

- Peple say establishment broutgh him to power, that's pure rubbish, had they not taken 28 seats away from him, he could have won more emphatically. He came in power with people's will.
Before calling something rubbish, first live in the country, know the ground realities than claim something to be rubbish.

His dharans were sponsored by the establishment, the TLP and otherr dharnas agianst other parties were sponsored by Establishment to help him.

Election rigging was done for him.. I know people in central punjab that they themsleves told me that when army soldiers entered the polling station, anyone doing duty inside the polling station and was a PTI supporter was asked to staff ballots with fake pti votes.

:)) thats an achievement?

- During his reing of 3,5 years first 2 years economic growth over 6% annually, Dollar was at 170s, now it has crossed 300 lol

He was removed because he bankrupted the nation, it was because of his stupid economic policies was he he thrown out on the street overnight. Lol dollar?
4 years from now when dollar would be 500, would you be praising that oh in 2023 the dollar was 260 hence that govt in 2023 was good.

Plz do a proper analysis atleast. The dollar started climbing in his govt and was never stable. His bankruptcy of the nation caused the dollar to shoot up.

-
Foreing remittances, foreign investment, IT, Tax collection, Export, job creation everything was going in right direction
Foreign remittances will come no matter what. There was no job creation. Zulfi Buikhari made up that. Plz talk facts.

He expanded the tax umbrella thats true, but tax system is still messed up and needs massive imporvements. Ok i will give him credit for starting the tax filing.
Benazir income support. THey just changed the name...

- And now 10 000 of workers are in jail, people are being tortured in jails, in their houses, women are not spared. He has some 200 cases against him and he is running from one court to another for nothing and still not giving up and keeps smiling. He is under immense preassure. Every single IDARA in country is after him, but what are they achieving?
He should had not laundered money maybe. No one is after him, its just cases filed and he is required to show up. He is not doing an ehsaan on everyone.

And here you come and spout rubbish about him daily. I even don't want to talk about what your party and their partners have achieved.
You need to come out of fairy tale land.

Pakistan economy is in tatters but yes, let's worry about PTI supporters for a few brownie points from like-minded people.

Pakistan's only hope IS Imran Khan.

Both statements proved wrong in #LA15 #Bagh . A PTI seat yet contest is between #PPP and #PMLN . #PTI is nowhere near.

If "electables" were so irrelevant Gen Faiz would not have forced them to join PTI in 2018.

IK's social media popularity is vastly greater than his popularity on the ground.

PML-N is accusing PPP of blatant rigging in that seat. Pti workers were not even allowed to observe polling. Social Media votes are harder to rig vs polling booths. EVM could have resolved the issue to give everyone an equal chance

- For 27 years he has fought singlehandy in the politics, no family dynasty to support him, not living on sympathies of past sacrifices like a certain political party

- Build hospitals and universities like no other person has done in Pakistan before while he was busy in politics, fighting corruption.

- Foreing remittances, foreign investment, IT, Tax collection, Export, job creation everything was going in right direction

- Was irrelevant until 2011 when the establishment decided to back him after Charter of Democracy was signed between PML and PPP. Couldn't get sufficient seats until the electables joined him.

- Kept letting the bad people in his party off the hook until it was too late.

- Economic growth was artificial due to excessive borrowing IMF funds flowing into the country.

- Sugar mafia benefitted a lot from his export subsidies which led to shortages and price hikes in the local market.

- Foreign remittances were high due to covid and people not being able to visit in person.

- Ehsas programme was financially unsustainable and rightly shut down. Not to mention the misuse of it by a number of people.

PTI got only 5000 while PPPP got 22,000. It is a joke! There was blatant rigging. Sardar Tanvir got 22,000 last time and was declared the winner and went onto become PM of PTI government in AJK.

Here Is the link

https://youtu.be/P-_4Tot6BRw

- Nawaz sharif built 132 Universities out of 200 universities that's more than half of universities in pakistan.
Early 90's nawaz sharif donated 50 caror for shaukat khanum hospital, and the land that the hospital was built on was also gifted by nawaz sharif.

When imran khan stepped in the office on the 18 Aug 2018 doller was at 123.00 and when imran khan left on 10 April 2022 doller was at 186.00

When nawaz sharif was in office on the 5th Jun 2013 doller was at 98.00 and left with 103.00 on 23rd July 2017 looooool

You can check for your self on this link

https://www.google.com/finance/quot...uN-7X_AhUKbcAKHRXVBLkQmY0JegQIBBAc&window=MAX

- sehat card was first launched in 2016 by nawaz sharif please do read the link below and see who rejected the sehat card and later came and changed the name of it and took all the credit

https://www.dawn.com/news/1229970

Last edited by a moderator:
PTI got only 5000 while PPPP got 22,000. It is a joke! There was blatant rigging. Sardar Tanvir got 22,000 last time and was declared the winner and went onto become PM of PTI government in AJK.

If so, it proves that PTI can't win without rigging and backing from establishment.

Here Is the link

https://youtu.be/P-_4Tot6BRw

- Nawaz sharif built 132 Universities out of 200 universities that's more than half of universities in pakistan.
Early 90's nawaz sharif donated 50 caror for shaukat khanum hospital, and the land that the hospital was built on was also gifted by nawaz sharif.

When imran khan stepped in the office on the 18 Aug 2018 doller was at 123.00 and when imran khan left on 10 April 2022 doller was at 186.00

When nawaz sharif was in office on the 5th Jun 2013 doller was at 98.00 and left with 103.00 on 23rd July 2017 looooool

You can check for your self on this link

https://www.google.com/finance/quot...uN-7X_AhUKbcAKHRXVBLkQmY0JegQIBBAc&window=MAX

- sehat card was first launched in 2016 by nawaz sharif please do read the link below and see who rejected the sehat card and later came and changed the name of it and took all the credit

https://www.dawn.com/news/1229970

he is not gonna accept that because it was not made by his favorite leader. THey have no idea the work PMLN has done in punjab.

BTW sehat card was one of the worst programs in this country

he is not gonna accept that because it was not made by his favorite leader. THey have no idea the work PMLN has done in punjab.

BTW sehat card was one of the worst programs in this country

I'm not a supporter of any particular party but I believe everyone should check facts and not just fall for speeches

Imran has been clever with brainwashing people he is giving people what they want to hear and see

If you arrange a rally with mixed crowd some good looking models and music blasting who wouldn't want to go to that rally especially if it has a religious touch to it to make it sound all legit.

On top of that giving a speech like sultan rahi the crowd has the full entertainment package

That's what pakistan needs

With all this going on people forget to check facts

There's a saying Jo Dikhta Hai Wo Bikta Hai

Last edited:
I'm not a supporter of any particular party but I believe everyone should check facts and not just fall for speeches

Imran has been clever with brainwashing people he is giving people what they want to hear and see

If you arrange a rally with mixed crowd some good looking models and music blasting who wouldn't want to go to that rally especially if it has a religious touch to it to make it sound all legit.

On top of that giving a speech like sultan rahi the crowd has the full entertainment package

That's what pakistan needs

With all this going on people forget to check facts

There's a saying Jo Dikhta Hai Wo Bikta Hai

these parties need sponsored, and ptis dharna party was sponsored by jhenagir tareen and army. They had food catering everyday. They had water and even gave our free petrol to motorbikes. The funding the army gave to them was just ridiculous.

Any so called pakistani that says army did not fund them, would be an overseas pakistani who doesnt know anything about ground reality.

You have to live in this country to know how army sponsored and rigged elections for the traitor.

I know an extended family member that lives in a villiage, on polling day he was told by the army officers in the station after polling ended, to stuff the ballots with PTI votes. They kept stamping ballot papers on PTIs symbol.

In areas where someone elsse was winning, they would do double stamping and invalidate the votes thorugh recounting

Pakistan economy is in tatters but yes, let's worry about PTI supporters for a few brownie points from like-minded people.

Pakistan's only hope IS Imran Khan.

I can tell you that's not a very good hope then. Pakistan needs better leaders who will get job done inspite of not being perfect, not somebody who is suffering from God complex , who things himself as exclusive because of his falsely perceived high moral ground and can never do any wrong even when actions are very much opposite. This is not to say your other leaders are better , just that you need to unearth better leaders.

Years back in early days of PTI, there was video of PTI boy complaining against the govt "Itni garmi mein inqalab kyon karwa rahen ho".

Symbolizes everything what I think about it. Truth is people are not fully invested in the idea. Nobody is leaving their stuff abroad to join the tehreek. But they certainly want locals to jump in.

And it's not an ideal or philosophy that they are attached to. It's just ******* of the most celebrated Pakistani of our times who we have loved and adored. So it's rebellion but they want the blessings of the establishment. Say what ? The speed with which this whole thing has fizzled out tells you how hollow it was to begin with.

I would be lying if I say that I did not adore the man and believed in him for a bit. I still don't think he was worst alternative and did some good work. But I had no idea that he was going to be so egoistic and inept as politician.

I can tell you that's not a very good hope then. Pakistan needs better leaders who will get job done inspite of not being perfect, not somebody who is suffering from God complex , who things himself as exclusive because of his falsely perceived high moral ground and can never do any wrong even when actions are very much opposite. This is not to say your other leaders are better , just that you need to unearth better leaders.

This is so true. One of the best PM India had been PV Narasimha Rao. He was corrupt but very competent. He had clear idea on how to guide the country during difficult times. Was ready to take difficult decision and smart enough to keep opponents at bay. He stayed pretty low, let competent people handle economy, did what is necessary to keep the government going and ensured India got out of default scenario. Even people like Modi, Vajpayee and Advani who were against congress rule had lot of respect for his work.

IK clearly has God complex. All his rallies are about putting him back in PM role or getting him out of jail. He railed up the whole country about him going to jail and numerous people lost lives. Did he do the same when some of his party leaders were going to jail or his supporters are rotting in jail? no!! all you got was few tweets. He is one of the worst things to happen to Pakistan. No wonder RSSwals rejoice every time re riles up his fanbase.

Again, this does not mean other leaders are good. At least other leaders were keeping the governments going and not leading country towards anarchy for their selfishness. Probably they made money and worked a bit, less than what most people would have wanted but it was certainly not anarchy.

Years back in early days of PTI, there was video of PTI boy complaining against the govt "Itni garmi mein inqalab kyon karwa rahen ho".

Symbolizes everything what I think about it. Truth is people are not fully invested in the idea. Nobody is leaving their stuff abroad to join the tehreek. But they certainly want locals to jump in.

And it's not an ideal or philosophy that they are attached to. It's just ******* of the most celebrated Pakistani of our times who we have loved and adored. So it's rebellion but they want the blessings of the establishment. Say what ? The speed with which this whole thing has fizzled out tells you how hollow it was to begin with.

I would be lying if I say that I did not adore the man and believed in him for a bit. I still don't think he was worst alternative and did some good work. But I had no idea that he was going to be so egoistic and inept as politician.

yeah, that's so true. Have couple of neighbors in our subdivision in US and they were so much into revolution and forwarded and posted all kind of videos and messages. Now they have gone fully silent and won't talk about it. It is easy for them as they are sitting thousands of miles away and can log out of their social media accounts any time. People who are in Pakistan and expected to participate in this revolution and sacrifice everything. Whereas their leader is scared of being in jail for day and has no hesitation calling for jalasas which kills tens of people.

Any ideology which is strong and resonates with people will survive such relatively mild push back. Even in Pakistan there have been much stronger ground level movement in the past like that of Bhutto and Bangladesh separation.

Apparently Asif Zardari is going to be the next prime minister of the country. AZ and the establishment feel that Bilawal is not ready for the top most role yet and is better off grooming himself in the foreign ministers role. Asif Zardari as the next prime minister, imagine that.

Apparently Asif Zardari is going to be the next prime minister of the country. AZ and the establishment feel that Bilawal is not ready for the top most role yet and is better off grooming himself in the foreign ministers role. Asif Zardari as the next prime minister, imagine that.

I always thought of Bilawal as your Rahul Gandhi. Entitled, and only qualification being he was born to the right parents. What I have come to appreciate is his willingness to take up relatively smaller roles and gain whatever experience he can. If I am destined to be ruled by dynasty the least I want from them is that they try to improve themselves. Alas, such things are foreign to our Pappu. He had two opportunities to become some minister under Manmohan and learn the ropes. No, he wants to become a PM directly. You may hate BJP but all their leaders have long experience in governance and have served in smaller roles before their eventual rise to PM role. So, if you guys are left with no option than Bilawal, be thankful he is atleast trying to gain some experience. I believe he will be a bit corrupt but a decent PM.

I always thought of Bilawal as your Rahul Gandhi. Entitled, and only qualification being he was born to the right parents. What I have come to appreciate is his willingness to take up relatively smaller roles and gain whatever experience he can. If I am destined to be ruled by dynasty the least I want from them is that they try to improve themselves. Alas, such things are foreign to our Pappu. He had two opportunities to become some minister under Manmohan and learn the ropes. No, he wants to become a PM directly. You may hate BJP but all their leaders have long experience in governance and have served in smaller roles before their eventual rise to PM role. So, if you guys are left with no option than Bilawal, be thankful he is atleast trying to gain some experience. I believe he will be a bit corrupt but a decent PM.

Bilawal has under taken numerous foreign tours in the last one year. I am yet to see one decent achievement for Pakistan for his efforts. He is just joy riding and enjoying personal luxury at the expense of the tax payers and building up his PR with foreign powers.

A news anchor and analyst commented that IK should have first become the CM of the KPK province when his party won the KPK elections in 2013 to get some taste of governance. There is no substitute for experience and actually understanding the bureacratic structures, power dynamics. His opponents i.e. Sharifs, Zardari have a much better understanding of the power dynamics, government structures than him.

Bilawal has under taken numerous foreign tours in the last one year. I am yet to see one decent achievement for Pakistan for his efforts. He is just joy riding and enjoying personal luxury at the expense of the tax payers and building up his PR with foreign powers.

agree probably that is what he is doing. But if he is destined to become Pak PM in future, what would you prefer? a novice with no experience speaking to foreign delegates or someone who has at least tried doing it in the past? I personally don't ever want to see Rahul becoming PM of India. But if he is destined to become one day, i would prefer him to get some experience governing some, any ministry.

A news anchor and analyst commented that IK should have first become the CM of the KPK province when his party won the KPK elections in 2013 to get some taste of governance. There is no substitute for experience and actually understanding the bureacratic structures, power dynamics. His opponents i.e. Sharifs, Zardari have a much better understanding of the power dynamics, government structures than him.

100% agree with this. IK comes across as very naive and politically inexperienced. He should have become minister or CM in few governments. I have few IAS (Indian administrative services) and KAS (Karnataka administrative services) officers in family and friend's circle. Governments are run by bureaucrats. A lot of them are corrupt but the competition to get into that role is so much that most are also pretty competent. No government can achieve anything unless they have these bureaucrat's support. One needs to understand how to win them over, which string to pull when, etc. Most of these career bureaucrats will have power for decades whereas even the most successful politicians will have it much shorter periods. Just about every successful politician have very good understanding of power dynamics and how government works and who actually has power.

Right now, for eg, in India, NDA and BJP doesn't have majority in upper house. That is after close 10 years in power they still don't have majority. This requires reaching out to opposition and working with them to build consensus to pass any major bills. This means you have to give and take. One of the most powerful leaders to emerge in Indian politics in last 50 years still have to make compromises to get anything meaningful done. I am a huge supporter of Modi and BJP, but i still have no problem with this. Because finally the nation comes above everyone and having this check and balances against BJP and NDA is good for long term future. To get anything done in this setup you need to be politically savvy, willing to negotiate and work with all, exactly how it is supposed to be.

PTI and IK think they can change everything on their own. Not going to happen anywhere.

100% agree with this. IK comes across as very naive and politically inexperienced. He should have become minister or CM in few governments. I have few IAS (Indian administrative services) and KAS (Karnataka administrative services) officers in family and friend's circle. Governments are run by bureaucrats. A lot of them are corrupt but the competition to get into that role is so much that most are also pretty competent. No government can achieve anything unless they have these bureaucrat's support. One needs to understand how to win them over, which string to pull when, etc. Most of these career bureaucrats will have power for decades whereas even the most successful politicians will have it much shorter periods. Just about every successful politician have very good understanding of power dynamics and how government works and who actually has power.

Right now, for eg, in India, NDA and BJP doesn't have majority in upper house. That is after close 10 years in power they still don't have majority. This requires reaching out to opposition and working with them to build consensus to pass any major bills. This means you have to give and take. One of the most powerful leaders to emerge in Indian politics in last 50 years still have to make compromises to get anything meaningful done. I am a huge supporter of Modi and BJP, but i still have no problem with this. Because finally the nation comes above everyone and having this check and balances against BJP and NDA is good for long term future. To get anything done in this setup you need to be politically savvy, willing to negotiate and work with all, exactly how it is supposed to be.

PTI and IK think they can change everything on their own. Not going to happen anywhere.

An analyst also commented "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer". "A shaatir dushman is still better than incompetent friends". The manner in which IK's advisors, friends have deserted him, it clearly affirms that he had been surrounded and guided by incompetent, self serving yes men who stroked his ego for their selfish motives.

If IK had actually engaged in dialogue with the Sharif's, Zardari and even worked with them on some projects in Punjab, Sindh, he might have learn't the art of politicking i.e. where you have to build consensus, where you can play a bit of politics, treating your opponents respectfully.

IK is to blame for all this mess,tbh he always had fair weather friends during his 27 years of political career, name one person with whom he has 110% compatibility in fact the President of Pakistan Mr. Arif Alvi seems more coordinated with N League and PPP politicians, not to mention the Fawads Smqs & Asad Umer who all used IK and distract him.

Look at NS je had 3-4 consegliries upon which there is mutual blind trust like Ishaq Dar, Ranasanaullah, Pervez Rasheed, same for Zardari sb Murad ali Shah Sherry Rehman etc and Az are like hand in pockets, but unfortunately IK kept his advisors like musical chairs as they say you cannot make happy all the people all the people.

An analyst also commented "Keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer". "A shaatir dushman is still better than incompetent friends". The manner in which IK's advisors, friends have deserted him, it clearly affirms that he had been surrounded and guided by incompetent, self serving yes men who stroked his ego for their selfish motives.

If IK had actually engaged in dialogue with the Sharif's, Zardari and even worked with them on some projects in Punjab, Sindh, he might have learn't the art of politicking i.e. where you have to build consensus, where you can play a bit of politics, treating your opponents respectfully.

absolutely. look from democracy perspective. i know none of our systems are perfect, but if you completely ignore the opposition saying they are choors and looters you are undermine the system. They may be choors, looters and downright criminal, but they are also the ones chosen by people. Irrespective of how much rigging goes on, most of these politicians have some ground support. You cannot rig all the votes. You may rig and tilt the balance. So instead of working them you go insulting them, not only you are making enemies out of thin air, but you are also disrespecting those people who elected those politicians. When people vote for the corrupt politicians its not like they don't know about their corruption. Most are aware and still choose to elect them. So what do you do to them? can you disfranchise them? only way is to form alliances and make small changes over a period of time. Smal incremental changes made over 25 years is better than a revolution in two months.

After losing confidence, all he had to do was sit in the opposition and put pressure on the government. PDM is created out of thin air with no ideology or common goal apart from toppling the government. if he had waited long enough, they would have fallen on their own. He also could have milked political martyr image and got more seats. He may or may not have succeeded but his chances were much better that way than throwing tantrum. He also should have worked to setup next in line. Communist parties in India are having the same issues, they don't have any young leaders to take over push their agenda. I don't know who will take over from IK and I am sure he has not even thought about that eventuality. Ultimately if his goal is to make Pakistan a successful regional power it can only be done over couple of decades. It will need more than IK to achieve that. Knowing who is next in line also provides stability and confidence to all.

I hate to bring up Indian example, but i have decades of on the ground experience with Indian politics. If you see some of the successful parties like, Congress, DMK, JDS, and other regional parties, many also suffer from the same dynasty politics. But one advantage is that they have clear line of succession and that provides a default leader to rally behind in case of any eventualities. BJP is doing the same thing now; Modi was already projected before Advani was ready to retire and Yogi is now being built up much before Mod's time comes. You may or may not like those leaders, but stability is very important for governance. So much so that i can almost guarantee Pakistan will recover from this mess if they get some government, any government, to stay in power for 10 years. PPP, PMLN, PTI, Army, whatever get them to power let them retain it for a decade. Let the power peacefully transfer between elections. Suddenly there will be confidence and things will improve. Look at BD, their politics is not much different. Both their parties are quite corrupt too and known for rigging elections, so much so that US and EU are threatening that any interference in free and fair elections will result in visa embargo. But someone is holding the office and investments are flowing. Markets and business love political stability and good economy will always lift people up from poverty.

Canadian MPs joined overseas Pakistanis in Ottawa, Canada and showed solidarity with the people of Pakistan. They raised their voice against the human rights violations and reiterated that people must be allowed to decide who will govern them.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Canadian MPs joined overseas Pakistanis in Ottawa, Canada and showed solidarity with the people of Pakistan. They raised their voice against the human rights violations and reiterated that people must be allowed to decide who will govern them.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PakistanUnderFascism?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PakistanUnderFascism</a>… <a href="https://t.co/jGMYfhBaK0">pic.twitter.com/jGMYfhBaK0</a></p>— PTI (@PTIofficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/PTIofficial/status/1669179363353415683?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 15, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pakistanis in Ottawa? :)), a very very very tiny community.

And you know this because?

been there, lived there. Ottawa only has govt jobs. The Pakistanis that would exist there are majority from the embassy ( and they would obviously not join a stupid protest)

Only a very tiny group of Pakistanis live there. Jobs are mostly in Toronto and that is very most likely immigrants are to settle in Canada.

Thus, this group of 5-10 people doing protest serves no purpose and is just useless.

It's over. Now it's a long drawn battle for a possible opening once establishment loses face with PDM.

Imran should have picked his battles better. .

The Saudi UAE axis also hate Imran Khan

What about China and Erdogan, do they like IK or do they prefer dealing with whoever the army backs?

It's over. Now it's a long drawn battle for a possible opening once establishment loses face with PDM.

It is over for Khan. PTI may regain some strength if the new COAS due in October 2025 is friendly towards PTI. However, 3 years is a lot and it is likely that PTI and Khan would be forgotten like Altaf Hussain.

How can someone who was President in the past become a Prime Minister. Don't you have rule preventing a Head of State from holding any future political post ?

The Saudi UAE axis also hate Imran Khan

What about China and Erdogan, do they like IK or do they prefer dealing with whoever the army backs?

China generally don't interfere in internal matters of any country as a rule

Despite police crackdown on PTI rally in Karak, a large number of people came out.

It is over for Khan. PTI may regain some strength if the new COAS due in October 2025 is friendly towards PTI. However, 3 years is a lot and it is likely that PTI and Khan would be forgotten like Altaf Hussain.
No! Khan isn't murderer. He hasn't ran away from Pakistan. People aren't scared to vote for him.

Not only PTI supporters failed IK but Pakistani have failed Pakistan, spineless qaum, who is afraid to stand up for their fundamental rights, but not everyone is fully at fault, most poor population do not even understand their basic rights as humans, the elite and army have rotten the countries core value to have general population serve them as servants.

Rawalpindi man was arrested for wall-chalking in favor of incarcerated Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman, ARY News reported on Friday.

According to police, Javed Akhtar Abbasi was booked by police after a video of his doing wall-chalking for the release of the PTI chairman, went viral on social media.

The case was registered under the Wall Act of 1995 at the Civil Lines police station in Rawalpindi.

Source: ARY

PPP and PMLN party members and fans were locked up for a long time. PPP supporters were lashed with whips. Still the supporters stood up and challenged any unjust law

When Musharraf took over majority of PML N abandoned him and went to PML Q. Until Musharraf lost popularity years later did, PML N do any serious demonstrations to remove him. Not to mention like a coward, Nawaz fled the country.

PPP did stand up to Zia, and there supporters no doubt suffered, so its a shame they have decided to apply cherry blossom on Hafiz sb boots. Not the first time either unfortunately, when Musharraf took over they celeberated.

PTI is still the most popular party in Pakistan, and Imran Khan is still the most popular leader per Gallup Pakistan.

IK's massive support is the reason that the establishment and the other political paties refuse to hold elections. How ironic. PDM toppled IK because he was "selected", and Pakistan had a hybrid regime. They did more damage to democracy in 16 months, then what was done in last 70 years.

PTI is still the most popular party in Pakistan, and Imran Khan is still the most popular leader per Gallup Pakistan.

IK's massive support is the reason that the establishment and the other political paties refuse to hold elections. How ironic. PDM toppled IK because he was "selected", and Pakistan had a hybrid regime. They did more damage to democracy in 16 months, then what was done in last 70 years.

Tbh these polls and public sentiments will not really mean much if they don't come out in large numbers and truly make their votes count in the elections in January 2024.

As of now all of the pti leaders and supporters have given up on IK, their party and the country

Tbh these polls and public sentiments will not really mean much if they don't come out in large numbers and truly make their votes count in the elections in January 2024.

As of now all of the pti leaders and supporters have given up on IK, their party and the country
All? The lotas for sure, however so many PTI activist are in jail. Those will be the ones who will get tickets from PTI. And maybe in some rural districts where the electables have sway it could hurt PTI, however in Karachi, Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar i think PTI will do very well in a fair election.

And why wont PTI supporters come out in a general election? There is only so many jalsas one can attend, and most people dont want to take part in protests. However taking a few hours at most of your time to vote is something they will be willing to do imo.

The main leader of Tehreek-e-Insaaf, Farrukh Habib, has also announced to leave the party and has said that he is joining the Istehkam e Pakistan Party from today.

While addressing a press conference in Islamabad, Farrukh Habib said that Chairman PTI Imran Khan had the opportunity to work in the government for three and a half years after which he was removed through the constitutional method of no confidence, he chose the path of violent resistance instead of peaceful. Adopted

He said that after the tragic incident of May 9, we stayed away from our homes, what happened on May 9 was wrong, I am leaving PTI, I have met Jahangir Tareen, today's press conference. I am hereby declaring to join the Istehkam e Pakistan Party.

Source: Express News

Police raid PTI moot, round up activists
PTI leadership strongly condemned the crackdown on its workers during the party convention on Sunday
LAHORE: The police rounded up workers of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) from a party convention in Kahna area on Sunday.

The police raided the office of PTI leader who organised the event. The police reportedly ransacked the office, breaking windows and tearing down PTI banners and posters.

Meanwhile, the police reportedly arrested 55 workers who were scheduled to participate in the convention. It is pertinent to mention that the district administration of Lahore had given permission to the PTI to hold a party gathering in the Kahna area.

Meanwhile, the PTI leadership strongly condemned the crackdown on its workers during the party convention on Sunday.

According to the PTI leadership, dozens of party workers were arrested by the Lahore Police from the convention venue. They said the city administration had allowed the party to organize the workers convention.

Back