Do children get priced out of cricket.

sully3

First Class Captain
Runs
Looking at some of the prices of cricket equipment being sold is ridiculous.
My question is how are kids affording this? what about the poor players in Pak domestic circuit.

Looking at some of the prices of cricket equipment being sold is ridiculous.
My question is how are kids affording this? what about the poor players in Pak domestic circuit.

Whats the sponsorship in Pak like?

so when they do have the tapeball tournament who puts the tape on the ball?? how many layers etc?

Anyone can put it, it doesn't require much of skills.

When the tape is ripped/damaged etc old tape is peeled off and new one is applied.

ah ok. thanks CD

I was just curious wouldnt one of the teams complain that the ball has too many layers etc.

I meant with all the tape ball competitions being played in Pak and all the money involved isnt there a big deal made about which way to tape is better etc?

Not really, in tape ball tournament they use two layers so the tape doesn't get rip fast, however, in gali/mohalla cricket one layer is enough.

There are few methods of taping the ball but then whoever is applying the tape uses the method he is comfortable with.

There is also a brand which is preferred as it has better quality tape compare to others.

Not really, in tape ball tournament they use two layers so the tape doesn't get rip fast, however, in gali/mohalla cricket one layer is enough.

There are few methods of taping the ball but then whoever is applying the tape uses the method he is comfortable with.

There is also a brand which is preferred as it has better quality tape compare to others.

that sounds fair.

got curious coz if one was to tape one side a bit more wouldnt it swing heaps more.

True but it gets a bit difficult to have one side taped more because after few shots etc that sides tape would come off!

With tapeball you just bowl as fast you can!

When I was playing tape ball in Pakistan Nitto was the brand of choice for us as opposed to Osaka which was also readily available.

When I was playing tape ball in Pakistan Nitto was the brand of choice for us as opposed to Osaka which was also readily available.

Nitto still is the best, Osaka is rubbish compared to Nitto.

Also ball plays important role as well, if you have a good ball (hard too) then the tape goes for longer period of time.

These days I would say Boom Boom Apex tennis ball is quite good for tape ball cricket.

Nitto still is the best, Osaka is rubbish compared to Nitto.

Also ball plays important role as well, if you have a good ball (hard too) then the tape goes for longer period of time.

These days I would say Boom Boom Apex tennis ball is quite good for tape ball cricket.

where can you get nitto or osaka tape in england?

Tpeball isn't played much in Punjab, they use rubber balls instead (or normal) last time i went (7/8 months) you could get those random fake bats for around 300-400rs.

Back