Does anyone believe in jinxed bats?? :-(

smasher1980

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Hey,

I have bought an amazing SS Torpedo for this season...a big chunky bat with which I hope to clear boundaries with ease...and it feels awesome in the hands too...great balance, amazing pickup...

I have had two innings with it now...got bowled both times and haven't touched the ball with the bat even once :'-(....both times they were pitched up deliveries on the stumps...something I would have normally hit out of the ground :-(...

Now I am not sure if I will ever hit the ball with this bat in a match...

^I don't believe in "jinxed bats".....Maybe you are out of form & confidence....

Batting is about confidence & concentration...
So just get the thought of any ideas out of your mind while you are in the crease...

Did you use this bat in the nets? How well or bad did you bat during your practice sessions?

Just to get your confidence back you can use your old bat next time you go out to bat......
After ten or twenty runs you can switch to your SS Torpedo and see how it goes...

Good Luck!

Hey,

I have bought an amazing SS Torpedo for this season...a big chunky bat with which I hope to clear boundaries with ease...and it feels awesome in the hands too...great balance, amazing pickup...

I have had two innings with it now...got bowled both times and haven't touched the ball with the bat even once :'-(....both times they were pitched up deliveries on the stumps...something I would have normally hit out of the ground :-(...

Now I am not sure if I will ever hit the ball with this bat in a match...

I don't know quite how to put this, but "pitched up balls on the stumps" are good balls, and you don't try to hit them out of the ground. Pretty simple game really.

I don't know quite how to put this, but "pitched up balls on the stumps" are good balls, and you don't try to hit them out of the ground. Pretty simple game really.

Judging by the OP's avatar I'm sure you could understand what he has been overdosing on.

Agreed, but I consistently hit them over the bowler's head...just hasnt happened with this bat...not sure if it is the bat's weight..or cos it is the beginning of the season..need to keep my head down and play a few balls...feel the ball on the bat.

For some reason when I go to nets all confident of my ability etc I don't do to well.

One week I do well, the next week I feel good and I flop. Then the next week I'm good and then so on..

For some reason when I go to nets all confident of my ability etc I don't do to well.

One week I do well, the next week I feel good and I flop. Then the next week I'm good and then so on..

well mate, there is only 1 solution to this .............. don't fell good about urself, infact don't be confident and just hate urself............ hope that helped

Agreed, but I consistently hit them over the bowler's head...just hasnt happened with this bat...not sure if it is the bat's weight..or cos it is the beginning of the season..need to keep my head down and play a few balls...feel the ball on the bat.

I'd bet on the bat's weight. I'm nearly 6'3 and about 90 kilo's, and I would never use anything over 2'8. Unless you are supremely fit, muscled, and lifting and resistance training all the time (like professional cricketers do) then you have no business with a bat heavier than 2'7 or 2'8 unless you have either remarkable skill or remarkable eye.

I see so many players using these big bats with big edges wondering why they get done by a swinging ball, or can't play a pull shot to a quick. If you are small, or not heavy this applies even more.

A bat may pick up well but weight still matters.

I'd bet on the bat's weight. I'm nearly 6'3 and about 90 kilo's, and I would never use anything over 2'8. Unless you are supremely fit, muscled, and lifting and resistance training all the time (like professional cricketers do) then you have no business with a bat heavier than 2'7 or 2'8 unless you have either remarkable skill or remarkable eye.

I see so many players using these big bats with big edges wondering why they get done by a swinging ball, or can't play a pull shot to a quick. If you are small, or not heavy this applies even more.

A bat may pick up well but weight still matters.

Wot a co-incidence...I am 6'3" and 90 kgs too :D...anyways...the bat is light weight...lil too light for my liking actually...but the issue was damn pitches, balls staying low and my feet not moving to cover the line at the beginning of then innings...the jinx has been broken atlast :)...but sadly thanks to these stupid low pitches, I now have a big dent on the Toe...tried to smash one out of the ground and dented the bottom :(

Wot a co-incidence...I am 6'3" and 90 kgs too :D...anyways...the bat is light weight...lil too light for my liking actually...but the issue was damn pitches, balls staying low and my feet not moving to cover the line at the beginning of then innings...the jinx has been broken atlast :)...but sadly thanks to these stupid low pitches, I now have a big dent on the Toe...tried to smash one out of the ground and dented the bottom :(

Hahah, it's all good. It is common to see people using bats professional players use and wondering why they can't play the same way.

Glad to see you are back smashing them

Back