Does anyone else find Darren Lehmann annoying?

BunnyRabbit

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Recently his interviews have been pretty annoying to be honest. When he was named as coach in 2013, i thought he was a decent fellow but then he criticized Broad for not walking publicly. Recently his scapegoat comments about Khawaja were pretty cringeworthy and yesterday after winning the test i read his comments about reinvention and absence of spin coach pretty bullish. There have been a few other incidents as well when he has made foolish comments about the opposition even defending his own players when they were clearly wrong.

In addition to that he is very stiff about his coaching methods as well. Australia have started to struggle in home Tests as well. Although he does have a World Cup and no 1 Test ranking in his cupboard but I think it's a lot more to do with Michael Clarke's aggressive leadership than Lehmann's coaching.

Even in his autobiography, I think Clarke accused Lehmann to be authoritative.

Does anyone else think he is more talk than actions? I find him annoying

I don't know if annoying is the word I would use. Not sure if he is any good at all. Talks in general terms quite a bit

yep don't like him. hopefully he gets the sack after the Pakistan series. :)

I believe he was just good for the elder team that needed unity with the likes of Mitch, Rogers, Warner, Haddin, Harris, Watto, Lyon and obviously Captain Clarke. He seems to get all the credit of 5-0 whitewash and 2-1 victory over South Africa while it was Clarke's exuberant leadership that was the main reason for those wins. Those guys were at the point of their career when they knew their games inside out, they just needed to unite.

Back