"Hopefully we see kind of a lot more of that Babar Azam, rather than the one that feels that he has to be contributing all the time": Gary Kirsten

I wish Bobby and rizwan plays along with kl against srh or some gun pp utilisers to show their selfishness and idiotic nature to the whole world.
Bro I had a poster tell me that Bobby and rizwan are world class it's the team that let's them down,

He then said if Bobby and rizwan played t20 for Australia they could easily set a platform of 70/2 in first 10 and them Travis head and Warner and maxwell could come in at 3, 4 and 5 and finish the next 10 overs strong.

And then I said, why not just have Travis head and warmer open so that can get 90 to 100 in the first 10? And then maxwell and tin David can come in and get that 200?

Infact Pakistan in t20 averages 163 for 6 batting first while Australia despite playing b string in tours averages 186 for 5 batting first? With Travis head and Warner the average increases to 194? Their the best and most explosive batting line up?

I never got a response 😄.

As if Australia would ever let babar and rizwan into their team lol that too as openers.

I never got a response 😄.

As if Australia would ever let babar and rizwan into their team lol that too as openers.
I think pak will follow once india comes out of seniors and young players like abhishek,jaiswal,rinku etc executes in typical sena style.

I think pak will follow once india comes out of seniors and young players like abhishek,jaiswal,rinku etc executes in typical sena style.

Apologies if the message is long
Brother India's issue is seniority culture which they wish to respect, however rohit, kohli etc have played long long years and are experienced guns. So it's understandable why bcci gives them that respect. Abhishek, jaiswal, Rinku have their whole career ahead of them and rohit is probs going in a year or 2. Kohli is defo retiring from one format atleast.

Their not around for much longer while the guys you mentioned will be around for 10+ years now on assuming they keep performances up.

Pakistan's issue is seprate. The issue raised during misbah era, ended during sarfraz era and now arised again after misbah became coach and now babar has full power.

Pakistan was never a top tier cricket nation, But it wasn't so bad that it would get humilated in ct 2013, get bowled out for 99 against Zimbabwe, have a meme worthy 2022 and 2023, struggle against c team nz and their fans are actually partying over beating Ireland 2-1 lol.

From 1992 to 2007, Pakistan was a decent bilateral tours side and from 2017 to 2019 it was an average team that could win games against top sides here ans their. For example Pakistan whitewashed Australia in 2018 t20, this Australiam side was a mix of a string with finch, maxwell etc etc and c string as well. This aussie side would demolish NZ c side or Ireland c side that Pakistan currently drew and lost 2 game too.

In other words it was a middle tier team that has now been reduced to a minnow team under Babar and misbah. This happened because sarfi's team was a team where everyone played in position amd knew their roles and what they had to do, team was in unity.

Babar's team is conflict of interest. The acc emerging team that Pakistan sent that won the cup, where are they? Literally none of them are in the squad? Besides saim? And saim was one of the worst performers in that cup? Where is omair bin yousaf for odi, Where is tayyab rahir, Where are some of pur domestic buds like zofar gohar? Why does saya have so much power?

How does hasan Ali and these fake munafiqs keep getting selected? In the acc emerging cup, most of the allrounders in that cup were superior to shadab lol.

Secondly the entire team is built around accommodating babar and rizwan. And the fantasy is beyond toxic. Heck babar fanbase is so toxic they attack everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondly the entire team is built around accommodating babar and rizwan. And the fantasy is beyond toxic. Heck babar fanbase is so toxic they attack everyone.
Normally ind and pak are the last teams to smell the coffee and reform in every sense.I hope if ind changes ,it will be very obvious for an avg pak fan and captian as they are the last odd one in the sequence. It will be either agreeing that we are a mediocre team and we don't want change or change is survival.

I agree with u reg babar army of fan girls and boys behaving as girls .it was cringe worthy to watch them in scg test live.They don't care about pak as long as Bobby scores 50 and raises his bat.

Babar is not a batter like rizwan whose main go-to shot is legside, Babar has got all the shots in his arsenal. The problem is fear. These batters are too fearful when they come out to bat, don't want to try new things, and are afraid of change. Babar can play every shot and every corner of the ground but he becomes lazy I guess or maybe he does not want to change at all. Few glimpses of his 360-degree batting against Irealand in the 3rd T20 but obviously, Ireland is not the benchmark, the real test would be to play the full strength Engalnd squad and produce one quality inning like that one out of 4 games at least.

Babar's glance at Gary seems to say, 'focus on your own work, no need to overstep your bounds as a coach.'

jk5ttD0.png

Babar's glance at Gary seems to say, 'focus on your own work, no need to overstep your bounds as a coach.'

jk5ttD0.png
Gary: Based of my observations, USA will be very spin friendly, Babar you gotta improve your play against spin, and stop playing 4 pacers over 2 spinners.

Babar: I will fire you from this dug out old man.

Based on, please explain?
Most runs
Most match winning runs
Most 50s
Most 100s
Most runs in SENA
Most runs against SENA
3 match-winning 100s against SENA, twice while successfully chasing 200+
Top scorer of the WC in his first appearance

The list goes on

jk5ttD0.png
I've seen few pictures they don't look happy together in any of them, one of them is going after the WC more likely kirsten

Most runs
Most match winning runs
Most 50s
Most 100s
Most runs in SENA
Most runs against SENA
3 match-winning 100s against SENA, twice while successfully chasing 200+
Top scorer of the WC in his first appearance

The list goes on
Do you know what most of us don't give a damn about his personal achievements... tell us what he's done for pakistan.

Tell us
How many matches he won for pakistan.
How many man of matches he won for pakistan.
How many man of the series / tournament has he won.
How many series he won outside pakistan.
How many tournaments he won out of 6 he played.

The list goes on.......

He can't get in due to knee injury and being injury prone. Not because of form.

Infact HS is the best no 5 Pakistan has had in the past decade and probs our 2nd best allrounder after hafeez, he's a better bat then hafeez but hafeez is a better bowler.
haris sohail is underrated guy was class apart with power which most pakistani batsmen lack

haris sohail is underrated guy was class apart with power which most pakistani batsmen lack
I'm aware. He was pakistan's best no 5, if he was fit we could have had An odi team of

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Abdullah Shafiq/Babar azam
3) Saud Shakeel
4) Haris Soahil
5) Tayyab Tahir/Salman
6) Salman Ali Agha/Tayyab
7) Imad Wasim
8) Muhammad Haris (WK/ Makeshift, can be brought anywhere from no 1 to 8)

^^ This would be such a good lineup for Pakistan. Everyone would be batting in position which each player being able to up the ante ans strike big, you also have 3 spin options, and you could discard Abdullah and give haris opening for abrar as 4th spin, with 3 pacers. And if you can groom saim ayub and usman khan, you can also include them as backup openers and keepers in ODI in t20 we could have had

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Saim Ayub (Groomed)
3) Usman Khan (Groomed)
4) Haris Sohail
5) Tayyab Tahir
6) Muhammad Haris( Makeshift)
7) Azam Khan
8) Imad Wasim
9-11) Pacers

But naw instead we gotta deal with

1) Imam
2) Abdullah
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Salman/Saud
6) Chacha
7) Shadab
8) Nawaz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. no 1 to no 6's being test line ups and no 7 and 8 being tailenders.

And our t20 lineup is

1) Rizwan
2) Saim
3) Babar
4) Fakhar/Usman
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Imad

Hahahahahaha. No wonder Pakistan is so down in the dumps.

I'm aware. He was pakistan's best no 5, if he was fit we could have had An odi team of

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Abdullah Shafiq/Babar azam
3) Saud Shakeel
4) Haris Soahil
5) Tayyab Tahir/Salman
6) Salman Ali Agha/Tayyab
7) Imad Wasim
8) Muhammad Haris (WK/ Makeshift, can be brought anywhere from no 1 to 8)

^^ This would be such a good lineup for Pakistan. Everyone would be batting in position which each player being able to up the ante ans strike big, you also have 3 spin options, and you could discard Abdullah and give haris opening for abrar as 4th spin, with 3 pacers. And if you can groom saim ayub and usman khan, you can also include them as backup openers and keepers in ODI in t20 we could have had

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Saim Ayub (Groomed)
3) Usman Khan (Groomed)
4) Haris Sohail
5) Tayyab Tahir
6) Muhammad Haris( Makeshift)
7) Azam Khan
8) Imad Wasim
9-11) Pacers

But naw instead we gotta deal with

1) Imam
2) Abdullah
3) Babar
4) Rizwan
5) Salman/Saud
6) Chacha
7) Shadab
8) Nawaz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. no 1 to no 6's being test line ups and no 7 and 8 being tailenders.

And our t20 lineup is

1) Rizwan
2) Saim
3) Babar
4) Fakhar/Usman
5) Shadab
6) Chacha
7) Imad

Hahahahahaha. No wonder Pakistan is so down in the dumps.
We are cooked bro hopefully they give their 100 percent this worldcup atleast bring some sort of honour

I've seen few pictures they don't look happy together in any of them, one of them is going after the WC more likely kirsten
Both are looking like they hate each other passionately. Pcb can't throw out kirsten as they may have to pay him a lot and it may impact Gillespie too as a reference.

T20 World Cup: Will Pakistan benefit from the Gary Kirsten impact?

Man-of-the-tournament in the 2011 World Cup Yuvraj Singh labels him the best coach he's ever played under. Other members of that victorious campaign like Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh also speak glowingly about his man management skills.

Former South African opener Gary Kirsten holds a special place in the hearts of Indian cricket fans as Guru Gary for the calm way he operated in the background for three years (2008-2011) after a turbulent two-year phase under Greg Chappell.

After a successful stint with Gujarat Titans in the IPL where he acted as mentor and batting coach, Kirsten will be plying his trade with Pakistan as the country's white-ball coach.

1717413230312.png

India take on Pakistan on June 9 in the T20 World Cup in New York's Nassau County Ground and Kirsten, who will be in the green dug out, could be carrying some trade secrets about the Indian players which the Pakistan team can exploit.

Or would he? Noted mental conditioning coach Paddy Upton, who worked with the Indian team as part of Kirsten's support staff doesn't think so. "These days video analysis and data on all players is detailed and well known to all opponents. Most players in the world have a deep and personal insight into players from other teams which they gain from playing in various leagues around the world. Given this extensive and in-depth knowledge that's already out there, I don't think there is much 'insider advantage' that Kirsten can bring to the India v Pak clash," Upton told TOI.

Kirsten also worked closely with video analyst Prasanna Agoram for South Africa from 2011 to 2013 and with Delhi Daredevils from 2014 to 2015 and for Agoram it is Kirsten's man management skills that stand out.

"He is a process-driven coach, not a coach who relies much on matchups and too much confusing data. Unless the performance of a player is coming down drastically, he will just focus on the process driven things where he keeps all boxes ticked. Only if a player is failing for two or three months while making the same mistake, does he step in after seeing the footage and data that I would have given him. But he is someone who builds strong relationships with players," Agoram told TOI.

Kirsten is also good at avoiding aimless practice. An instance of that can be seen in the Adelaide Test of 2012 vs Australia that Agoram takes us back to.

"He chose the playing XI and used to change the 12th man every day. The 14th and 15th member of the squad had the option of coming to the ground, go out, or just relax in the hotel."

Dashing former Indian opener Virender Sehwag, who enjoyed a productive second wind to his career under Kirsten, had alluded to this in a chat with reporters about how Kirsten recognised how much practice each player needs.

The coach should know who needs how much practice. In this the best was Kirsten. He used to give me 50 balls in the nets. Rahul Dravid used to play 200. Sachin Tendulkar 300. Gautam Gambhir 400. After that he told us to go the hotel and relax," Sehwag had said.

Kirsten though could also talk sternly. During the 2009 T20 World Cup, he told Yuvraj that at 41, he was fitter than the big-hitting left-hander. It struck a chord with the gifted player, and he set about making better off-field choices that culminated in a man-of-the-series performance in the 2011 World Cup.

1717413256639.png

Referring to the ability of giving players tough love, Upton says, "Gary prefers diplomacy over conflict. He brings a natural calm to the environment, but he is also sufficiently professional to have tough conversations when required. Even these, he has in his uniquely calm way. When it comes to challenging senior players, it's always important to first develop the trust and relationship." So, what is the advantage that Kirsten will bring to Pakistan?

"His experience of working in a foreign culture, and the awareness that goes with this. He will do a lot of listening and seek to understand. He will also understand the emotions and fanaticism of fans and the media. He will have developed something of a thick skin, which is very important in this type of environment," feels Upton.

Agoram too highlights Kirsten's man management skills and his ability to invest time and energy in a player-coach relationship.

"If he wants to tell Fakhar Zaman, who has opened all his life to bat at no.4, it boils down to trust. If a player trusts his coach, he will say, "Ok, I am game." Many times, when players are asked to change roles, they say we are not comfortable. But I am sure Gary's God fatherly love he gives players will help him in such situations. He is an extremely levelheaded coach and does not get excited by wins or disheartened by losses. I have never seen him get angry. Pakistan have made an excellent choice," Agoram stresses.

Over to Babar's boys to prove this right.

Last edited:
Kristen should be blamed to send Ifti as a striker and Shadab as one down instead of Fakhar as a striker and Babar/Rizwan non-striker.

Kristen should be blamed to send Ifti as a striker and Shadab as one down instead of Fakhar as a striker and Babar/Rizwan non-striker.
No one actually knows who’s decision it was to send the three players in the super over. Pakistan took 6-7 minutes to get out there in the field. Maybe KirstenS+ management wanted to send some players but they all just refused.

Rizwan and Babar just sitting there without their pads on, zip locked mouths is telling. They are usually with their pads on at the time of the national anthems with motivation in their eyes. As if they are about to go and fight a holy war for their country. God knows what happened when reality actually hit them last night

No one actually knows who’s decision it was to send the three players in the super over. Pakistan took 6-7 minutes to get out there in the field. Maybe KirstenS+ management wanted to send some players but they all just refused.

Rizwan and Babar just sitting there without their pads on, zip locked mouths is telling. They are usually with their pads on at the time of the national anthems with motivation in their eyes. As if they are about to go and fight a holy war for their country. God knows what happened when reality actually hit them last night
This will cost Kristen's job to save face of Naqvi and Babar.

This will cost Kristen's job to save face of Naqvi and Babar.
Na Kirsten will get white privilege. He’s going nowhere, he should have started his coaching stint with Pakistan post T20 World Cup and let Azhar Mahmood just go with his plans for this one.

Something is incredibly off in the Pakistan dressing room. Babar is clearly a much more darker version of himself now. Before he was confused, dumb and innocent being played by people around him…this time it is clear to see he is on edge. I would compare him to Draco Malfoy’s character played by Tom Felton in The Half Blood Prince.

I would compare him to Draco Malfoy’s character played by Tom Felton in The Half Blood Prince.
I will say poor professor Quirell after albania tour.Babar got enough bad mouthed as conspirator for shaheen captiancy removal.so. he does not have to showcase his innocence anymore and have to stamp his authority

An opener agaisnt USA in T20 - End of 9 overs and 9 runs, lol.

An opener agaisnt USA in T20 - End of 9 overs and 9 runs, lol.
Inexcusable, and this sets the wrong tone for the team when the captain is scratching around like that.

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong yesterday.

Our cricket is dead.

Inexcusable, and this sets the wrong tone for the team when the captain is scratching around like that.

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong yesterday.

Our cricket is dead.
I think fans are justifiably angry but a horrible game can happen. I don't think Pakistan's cricket is dead.

I think fans are justifiably angry but a horrible game can happen. I don't think Pakistan's cricket is dead.
It has barely been a month, when this team lost a game to Ireland.

Now they have been smashed by USA.

There is something seriously wrong.

Back