Does Hardik Pandya have a bigger impact against Pakistan compared to Virat Kohli?

RainStopsPlay

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
People always mention how Kohli dominates the Pakistani team whenever they face off, but let's not overlook Hardik Pandya's contributions. He's been a consistent match-winner with his all-round skills, whether it's in the recent T20 matches, the WT20 2022, the CT Final, or the Asia Cup 2022. It seems like in every tournament you mention, he's had a significant impact against Pakistan.

In my opinion, Hardik Pandya has played a more substantial role in our recent victories against Pakistan compared to Kohli. What's your take on this?

Virat ‘Freak’ Kohli scored an impossible 8 ball 28 run to defeat Pakistan in a WC. End of all discussion.

Being a good all-rounder and an excellent fielder he clearly has more to give. But Kholi is usually very good against Pakistan. I think Kholi has had the bigger impact, but Pandya is not very far

Pandiya is a genuine allrounder unlike the fake bogus ‘allrounders’ who can neither bat or ball Pakistan fields. Him and Ben Stokes will dominate any team.

Just because someone is from Gujarat, doesn't automatically mean they have a big impact :rabada2

In terms of consistency vs Pakistan, Hardik is probably the best after Kohli, even above Rohit. But in terms of impact on the results in our favour, there is not much of a contest. Conduct a poll with every past and present Pakistani cricketer - whom do they fear the most, Kohli or Hardik?

I think you know the answer.

Just because someone is from Gujarat, doesn't automatically mean they have a big impact :rabada2

In terms of consistency vs Pakistan, Hardik is probably the best after Kohli, even above Rohit. But in terms of impact on the results in our favour, there is not much of a contest. Conduct a poll with every past and present Pakistani cricketer - whom do they fear the most, Kohli or Hardik?

After Kohli, Hardik is the most impactful. Hardik is a very good LOI player like I said in past and it feels nice to be always proved right :rabada2

After kholi? Yes, more then Kholi? No

When pandya performs he usually recovers India but doesn't take them over the line. If kholi performs then game over, might as well shut off your TV screens lol.

I think Hardik is being very underrated by Indian fans. His impact with bat and ball is undeniable. This is the first impactful knock in ODI's against a top side I've seen from Kohli since 2019 World Cup match vs Pakistan.

Even when he started out he caused all sorts of problems for Pakistan. For instance his 3/8 spell in 2016 Asia Cup in Mirpur. Does well with both bat and ball. He, Kohli and Kuldeep are our main guys against Pakistan, others may contribute here and there, but these three have a mental stranglehold over the men in green.

Both Hardik Pandya and Virat Kohli are crucial players for the Indian cricket team, but they have different roles and strengths.
Virat Kohli is one of the world's leading batsmen and has consistently been among the top run-scorers in all formats of the game. His ability to anchor the innings, chase down targets, and score centuries has a significant impact on India's success in all matches, including those against Pakistan.

Hardik Pandya, on the other hand, is known for his all-round abilities. He can contribute with both bat and ball, and his explosive batting in the latter stages of an innings, along with his medium-fast bowling, can be game-changing. Hardik Pandya's impact is more directly felt in limited-overs formats like T20s and ODIs, where his power-hitting and ability to finish innings are crucial.

In matches against Pakistan, the impact of both players can be significant, but it depends on the format and the specific conditions of the game. Kohli's batting consistency is valuable in all formats, while Pandya's dynamic style suits limited-overs cricket.

Back