ECB offer to host India and Pakistan Test series in England / BCCI and PCB reject offer

Theo_14

Post of the Week winner
Runs
Post of the Week
ECB deputy chairman has held talks with Pakistan Cricket Board about possibility of hosting bilateral Test match between old rivals.

Thoughts?

==

England have offered to be a neutral host for future Pakistan-India Test series opening the possibility of the two countries playing bilateral cricket for the first time in more than 15 years.

Martin Darlow, the deputy chairman of the England & Wales Cricket Board, has held talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board during the current Twenty20 series and offered England’s grounds as venues for ideally a three match Test series in the future.

The matches would attract big crowds in the UK, which has a large ex-pat south Asian population.

It would also be more politically acceptable for India to play Pakistan on neutral turf. The two countries play each other regularly in ICC World Cup events and last month in the Asia Cup as well. The matches attract huge sponsorship revenue and television audiences. When India played Pakistan in the semi-final of the 2011 World Cup, the television audience was calculated to be 495 million.

But there has been a hardening under the Narendra Modi government in India towards Pakistan and for political reasons the two countries have not played bilateral Test cricket since Pakistan toured India in 2007. Pakistan players are also barred from playing in the IPL, a scenario that could spread if IPL owners buy teams in other leagues. For example, no Pakistan players are playing in the South Africa T20 league in February where all the teams have India owners, raising questions about the influence of private investment in national leagues.

It is understood the PCB are not keen on playing India at the moment at a neutral venue but are grateful for the ECB's offer, which shows the growing relationship between the two boards. Pakistan have only recently persuaded teams to tour their own country after a decade long absence. To play India in England would be a retrograde step in their eyes but that could change if it becomes the only practical way of making the matches happen and bring in vital funds to Pakistan cricket.

It will probably take a change of government and political mood in India for any bilateral Test series to take place regardless of whether the two boards in Pakistan and India want the matches to happen. Despite the situation between national governments, the two boards do have a good relationship but not playing India has a big financial ramification for Pakistan cricket. England and Australia make more money from playing India than from Ashes series, highlighting how much Pakistan is missing out.

England has been a base for Pakistan before. They played two Tests against Australia at Lord’s and Headingley in 2010 but the series was not a commercial success. Yorkshire gave up an England Test against Bangladesh to host Pakistan-Australia but ticket sales were disappointing and they made a loss.

It would be different with India, selling tickets would be easier especially if matches are held in London and Birmingham. Edgbaston would be a favourite to land one of the matches if they were to happen.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket...ffer-host-india-pakistan-test-series-england/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see it happening. But, would love to see.

Should be a very competitive series.

F that

India can man up and come meet us in our backyard or play us in their grounds.

Otherwise it’s a bunch of hypocrites not wanting to play Pakistan for cheap reasons.

Would love to see a series between the teams.

ECB deputy chairman has held talks with Pakistan Cricket Board about possibility of hosting bilateral Test match between old rivals.

Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket...ffer-host-india-pakistan-test-series-england/

Thoughts?

He really should have held talks with the BCCI rather than PCB as it is the Indians who are refusing to play against Pakistan. Until they change their stance there is not going to be any bi-lateral series, in Asia or anywhere else.

Would love to see a series between the teams.

Theoretically, it’s a good idea. And given that India hasn’t toured us forever, it would be classed as a Pakistan home series.

But, from a principles standpoint, I’m against it. If India agree to play Pakistan, than it has to be in Pakistan, not in neutral venues, as that makes no sense.

Also commercially, it’s just a non-starter. Depending on if it’s agreed to as a Pakistan home series, and when it’s played, the series may come under Pakistan’s existing home international series agreement. Given the commercial worth of a IndoPak series, Pakistan lose out big time on TV rights earnings. Thus classification of series and schedule is very important

Secondly, given that it’ll be in England, the ECB will charge PCB stupid money for ground and facilities rent. They know how much the series will be worth in TV rights and gate receipts, so will charge a premium. That’s not to forget that things like hotels are crazy expensive in England too, thus that’ll be an extra cost for PCB to bear.

Thirdly , I just can’t see India agreeing to this. If they do, they’re going to ask for a generous portion of the gate money, sponsor money etc, because they don’t want to do the PCB any favours.

Lastly, again so can’t see India going through with it. They’ve previously used the ‘Government clearance’ reasoning to not tour. Say if they commit and then back out at the last minute again, who picks up the tab then? Who would uphold the liability for a series cancelled at late notice? Unless there was bullet proof legal wording protecting the PCB, it’s a non/starter for me.

It would be nice to play India in a test series. However, for me it should be in Pakistan or it doesn’t happen. We’ve not played India long enough, and have had players excluded from marquee tournaments long enough that it’s not something we need.

May ne PDM wants to play satta on this series playing home series overseas will not give a good message

Even if we assume, BCCI agree to play Pakistan in a bilateral series, no way they would play in England. Why would they even do that? Would England play Ashes series in India? BCCI has got world class stadiums, so there is no reason why they would play a series with a third team in England.

After recent incident in Leicester over an Indo-Pak cricket match, atmosphere is not condusive to hold this game here anyway. ECB deputy chairman playing to the gallery like Ramiz Raja did when he proposed 4 nations T20 tournament.

Love for that to happen, but unfortunately it ain't. Certain political mans just don't want them to play any sort of cricket for the sake of patriotism. Although not if it's a WC cause you know, it's a WC :ik

Even if we assume, BCCI agree to play Pakistan in a bilateral series, no way they would play in England. Why would they even do that? Would England play Ashes series in India? BCCI has got world class stadiums, so there is no reason why they would play a series with a third team in England.

After recent incident in Leicester over an Indo-Pak cricket match, atmosphere is not condusive to hold this game here anyway. ECB deputy chairman playing to the gallery like Ramiz Raja did when he proposed 4 nations T20 tournament.

Can't wait to read more replies like this confirming what I said in my first post. The bottleneck has always been from the Indian side, the ECB know this, that is why they are approaching Pakistan instead, as they know they are more likely to get a less spikey response from the PCB.

Kindly don't hide behind security issue again. England is pretty safe. One random incident won't change the fact. You have problem with playing in UAE as well lol. I think you are just scared that Pakistan might win a series in England against India. :inti

Not a good idea. As long as our brothers Kashmir are being held hostage there can be no normalisation

Can't see this happening.

I can't see the BCCI agreeing to play against Pakistan anywhere at the moment apart from multi team tournaments such as the Asia Cup and ICC tournaments.

Pakistan wasn't the one to walk away from bilateral cricketing relations. The BCCI is the one who stole Pakistan's share of revenues from the 1996 ICC World Cup, enacted discrimination against Pakistani players from participating in the IPL strictly based on their nationality, and has refused multiple bilateral series with Pakistan.

Not happening. Not at least for another decade.

Unless and until ICC finds (or invents) a loophole in the WTC format and says every team should either play every other or forfeit the points...

Pakistan test team is not match for India. It will be a one sided series.

Only T20 can Pakistan compete with them to some extent

Can't wait to read more replies like this confirming what I said in my first post. The bottleneck has always been from the Indian side, the ECB know this, that is why they are approaching Pakistan instead, as they know they are more likely to get a less spikey response from the PCB.

So BCCI isn't meek I guess lol.

Not happening. Not at least for another decade.

Unless and until ICC finds (or invents) a loophole in the WTC format and says every team should either play every other or forfeit the points...

They should look into it and I am sure even BCCI won't mind it. :inti

If BCCI and PCB agree to a series, they'd rather host it in India or Pak than England lol. Venue isn't the problem.

Would be in Nottingham to cater for Indians or Birmingham.

Last neutral tour caused huge destruction for Pakistan

Pakistan test team is not match for India. It will be a one sided series.

Only T20 can Pakistan compete with them to some extent
On paper Indian team looks better but it will not be a one side series.India lost to New Zealand in the final of test championship.

Every 3-4 months we see some news report that India & Pakistan will play bilateral series - only for BCCI to explicitly deny any chance of it happening

I really don't know what's the point of making these one sided announcements and raising false hopes. Forget cricket - India and Pakistan does not even have trade relations now and even diplomatic ties are mostly frozen. Who exactly is gaining anything from this by raising false hopes ?

May be ECB is currying favors with the PCB after the fracas over last year's sudden withdrawal by trying to show they are very concerned about Pakistan cricket !

If ECB is really serious they will first talk to BCCI and the make a offer i the BCCI agrees ( which is not going to happen any time soon )

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We hear <a href="https://twitter.com/ECB_cricket?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ECB_cricket</a> have offered to host a Test series between India and Pakistan.<br><br>We officially announce to <a href="https://twitter.com/ICC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ICC</a> that we are also offering to do the same & can provide near 24 hour daylight in June and July, as well as better Tweets covering the matches. Sniper security too.</p>— Iceland Cricket (@icelandcricket) <a href="https://twitter.com/icelandcricket/status/1574797904195330050?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Every 3-4 months we see some news report that India & Pakistan will play bilateral series - only for BCCI to explicitly deny any chance of it happening

I really don't know what's the point of making these one sided announcements and raising false hopes. Forget cricket - India and Pakistan does not even have trade relations now and even diplomatic ties are mostly frozen. Who exactly is gaining anything from this by raising false hopes ?

May be ECB is currying favors with the PCB after the fracas over last year's sudden withdrawal by trying to show they are very concerned about Pakistan cricket !

If ECB is really serious they will first talk to BCCI and the make a offer i the BCCI agrees ( which is not going to happen any time soon )

No need to lie here. There are trade relations going on between India and Pakistan.

https://www.livemint.com/politics/p...une-quarter-despite-curbs-11661884926794.html

There is no reason why a series between India and Pakistan can't take place when trades are going on. It is plain hypocrisy. :inti

Predictable.

==

England and Wales Cricket Board has informally offered to be the hosts if India and Pakistan plan to play a bilateral Test series but BCCI sources said chances of that happening in near future is "next to nil". The UK daily 'Telegraph' reported that "Martin Darlow, the deputy chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board, has held talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board during the current Twenty20 series and offered England's grounds as venues for ideally a three-match Test series in future." While the ECB has made the offer for its own commercial gains, the powers that be in the BCCI laughed off the suggestions and said that no such possibilities might arise at least in next few years.

"Firstly, ECB spoke to PCB about an Indo-Pak series and that's a bit weird. In any case, a series against Pakistan is not something that the BCCI will decide but it is the decision of the government. As of now, the stance remains the same. We only play Pakistan at multi-team events," a senior BCCI official privy to India's position told PTI on Tuesday.

India and Pakistan last played a short bilateral white-ball series back in 2012 in India and the last Test series dates back to 2007.

With the tense political relations between the neighbours, it is a big 'No' from BCCI irrespective of whether it is played at home, away or a neutral venue.

The newspaper states precisely the reason why ECB made the "generous offer".

"The matches would attract big crowds in the UK, which has a large ex-pat south Asian population," it said.

"The matches attract huge sponsorship revenue and television audiences." However, the paper made it clear that even "PCB is not keen on playing India at neutral venue but are grateful for the ECB's offer, which shows the growing relationship between the two boards." It stated that with the big nations again starting to tour Pakistan, it will be a "retrograde step in their eyes" if they happen to play on a neutral venue.

NDTV

The Board of Cricket Control of India (BCCI) has turned down the England and Wales Cricket Board’s informal proposal of hosting India vs Pakistan test series in England.

Sources close to BCCI said the chances of Indo-Pak bilateral series in the near future are “next to nil”.

“Firstly, ECB spoke to PCB about an Indo-Pak series and that’s a bit weird. In any case, a series against Pakistan is not something that the BCCI will decide but it is the decision of the government. As of now, the stance remains the same. We only play Pakistan at multi-team events,” a senior BCCI official privy to India’s position told PTI on Tuesday.

Barring multi-team tournaments, India and Pakistan have not played against each other in bilateral series in any format since January 2013, and their last Test match was played in December 2007.

Earlier today, Martin Darlow, the ECB’s deputy chair, floated the idea of hosting India vs Pakistan test series in England to PCB chair Ramiz Raja during his visit to Pakistan for England’s ongoing T20 international series. Analysts view it as an attempt by the ECB to mend ties with PCB after England’s last-minute withdrawal from a scheduled two-match series in Pakistan last year.

The UK daily Telegraph stated the precise reason why the ECB made the offer. “The matches would attract big crowds in the UK, which has a large ex-pat south Asian population,” it said. “The matches attract huge sponsorship revenue and television audiences.”

Pakistan Cricket Board and former Pakistani players have long held an olive branch and expressed their desire to organise a bilateral series between India and Pakistan. However, BCCI is not keen on having a cricketing relationship with PCB owing to the stance of the Indian government toward Pakistan, holding Islamabad responsible for providing safe havens to India-centric terrorists.

OPINDIA

PCB needs to arrange more matches with Australia,SA and England instead of India.

I don’t understand what ECB’s stake is in order to get this series going.

I remember Morgan made a point about this during an innings break that Test cricket or ODI cricket will die if the game’s biggest rivalry doesn’t restart on a regular basis.

Something fishy. Don’t think the ECB are doing this out of sheet goodwill

I don’t understand what ECB’s stake is in order to get this series going.

I remember Morgan made a point about this during an innings break that Test cricket or ODI cricket will die if the game’s biggest rivalry doesn’t restart on a regular basis.

ECB would make millions from it.

They would make a very handy cut from any such series.

I don't think India should play Pakistan until Kulbushan Yadav is returned. India musn't abandon her citizens like that and carry on bilateral relations like nothing's happened.

I don't think India should play Pakistan until Kulbushan Yadav is returned. India musn't abandon her citizens like that and carry on bilateral relations like nothing's happened.

For a moment I thought you wrote Khushdil Shah is returned..

Unless it’s an ICC tournament.

Those points are worth more than Kulbushan Yadav. 🤣

India needs International cricket to die so IPL can take over.

Playing Pakistan outside of Asia Cup and ICC tournaments delays their goal.

The spy? No. He will rightfully remain imprisoned.

Of all the reasons you could've presented for India not resuming bilateral ties, that is probably the stupidest one.

And India has abandoned Yadav if you consider the fact they still played Pakistan in the world cup and in Asia cup. That's not how you take a stand.

Never gonna happen. The problem is not the venue but two countries who don't want to play each other. The reasons are well known to everyone.

Of course its not out of goodwill. Hosting an ind-pak test will give the local board great sponsorship revenue, tv ratings and massive gate money.

BCCI put the axe on it faster than I thought. Reminds me of that famous Arshad Warsi dialogue from Munna Bhai MBBS movie -" Bhai yeh to shuru hotei khatam ho gaya"
:91:

Of course its not out of goodwill. Hosting an ind-pak test will give the local board great sponsorship revenue, tv ratings and massive gate money.

I think it’s more than that. They are forecasting the end of International cricket as it is and the take over of franchise cricket.

What good is ECB or any board without international cricket being played like it is now? They don’t want to be raising players for franchises

I think it’s more than that. They are forecasting the end of International cricket as it is and the take over of franchise cricket.

What good is ECB or any board without international cricket being played like it is now? They don’t want to be raising players for franchises

I wouldn't read too much into it. Occam's razor tells me that the ECB just want to milk the south asian population in Eng for $$.

Pakistan is being led by the PML-N and PPP governments now who have historically been pro Indian.

Surprised the BCCI is still maintaining the same stance.

Probably ECB is at the verge of financial breakdown? Who knows……

Last edited:
Already knew BCCI would reject the offer when I read this a couple hours ago.

Their greed knows no bounds. Couldn’t be arsed to give the cricket fans what they want as long as Pakistan doesn’t make a single rupee off the profits.

Some liars will say “but Indians don’t care about cricket with Pakistan” to come off aloof, but we already know they’re full of ****. This is still THE rivalry of the sport still.

LONDON: An informal offer by the England and Wales Cricket Board to be hosts if India and Pakistan were to play a bilateral Test series have been rebuffed by cricket boards of the respective countries, it was reported on Tuesday.

England’s Telegraph reported on Tuesday that ECB deputy chairman Martin Darlow had held talks with the Pakistan Cricket Board during the ongoing T20 series between Pakistan and England and “offered English stadiums as venues for ideally a three-Test series in the future”.

But the report added that that PCB was not keen on playing India at a neutral venue “but was grateful for the ECB’s offer, which shows the growing relationship between the two boards”.

It stated that with the big nations again starting to tour Pakistan, it will be a “retrograde step in their eyes” if they happen to play on a neutral venue “but that could change if it becomes the only practical way of making the matches happen and bring in vital funds to Pakistan cricket”.

The PCB did not immediately comment on the matter.

A media source, however, reported on Tuesday that the PCB was unlikely to take up the offer. It said that the PCB had worked hard in bringing international cricket back to the country after playing in the United Arab Emirates for the long time and “playing at a neutral venue would risk undermining some of that”.

The Press Trust of India news agency, meanwhile, cited a source as claiming that the “powers that be in the BCCI laughed off the suggestions and said that no such possibilities might arise at least in next few years”.

“Firstly, ECB spoke to PCB about an Indo-Pak series and that’s a bit weird. In any case, a series against Pakistan is not something that the BCCI will decide but it is the decision of the government. As of now, the stance remains the same. We only play Pakistan at multi-team events,” a senior BCCI official was quoted as saying by the PTI on Tuesday.

India and Pakistan have not played a Test series since 2007 and their last bilateral white-ball series came in 2012. The tense political relations between the two countries mean that no bilateral cricket is in sight for the foreseeable future even though the two nations meet in ICC tournaments like the World Cup.

India and Pakistan met twice at the recently-concluded Asia Cup and also faced off at the Twenty20 World Cup in the UAE last year. The two sides are also set to clash at next month’s T20 World Cup in Australia.

Published in Dawn, September 28th, 2022

From a purely selfish point of view, I want this to happen. I think it would be great cricket and I live in England so would go to watch!

But the truth is that it really has to be in Pakistan or India. I'd love to see a test series in Pakistan, would be magnificent and I can guarantee you the Indians would be welcomed with warmth and hospitality they have never experienced before. It would be great for relations.

PCB have said to us that:

The proposal was floated informally during the Karachi T20Is, which has neither been discussed within the PCB nor externally with the BCCI.

if we play our home series against India offshore, it will potentially undermine all the hard work we have put in since May 2015 when Zimbabwe visited Pakistan for three ODIs and two T20Is.

PCB have said to us that:

The proposal was floated informally during the Karachi T20Is, which has neither been discussed within the PCB nor externally with the BCCI.

if we play our home series against India offshore, it will potentially undermine all the hard work we have put in since May 2015 when Zimbabwe visited Pakistan for three ODIs and two T20Is.

Totally agree with PCB and that is what I mentioned yesterday as well but posters :inti got angry with me thinking I don't want a series with Pakistan and only BCCI has problem with it. I would love to see a test series with Pakistan, but it should only be played either in India or Pakistan, whenever that happens. Absolutely no reason for either board to agree to play in neutral venue.

Totally agree with PCB and that is what I mentioned yesterday as well but posters :inti got angry with me thinking I don't want a series with Pakistan and only BCCI has problem with it. I would love to see a test series with Pakistan, but it should only be played either in India or Pakistan, whenever that happens. Absolutely no reason for either board to agree to play in neutral venue.

Nowhere in your post yesterday you mentioned PCB lol. You were only talking about BCCI and how the atmosphere is not condusive to hold this game in England. Venue comes second, first BCCI has to stop their hypocrisy and chickening out of this series. If they are willing to play a series then for real cricket fans it shouldn't matter where this series is played. And looking at your posts you are certainly not a fan of Indo Pak cricket for obvious reasons. :inti

Not safe for Indian team to go to Pakistan after the rhetoric of pak PM about Kashmir in UNGA. We don’t know how many crazies are electrified to take a shot at Indians visiting. Pakistan will always claim there is julm on Muslims in India so they won’t come to India. So no way any games between india &#55356;&#56814;&#55356;&#56819; and pak

Dont think those teams will ever play in a bi-lateral series- but funny how ECB is trying to cash-in from the hostilities between the two sides - especially when they took days to even counter the riots breaking out after the last Indo-pak match 😆 😆

Good prank by England and ECB to downplay the fight in Leicester.

Nowhere in your post yesterday you mentioned PCB lol. You were only talking about BCCI and how the atmosphere is not condusive to hold this game in England. Venue comes second, first BCCI has to stop their hypocrisy and chickening out of this series. If they are willing to play a series then for real cricket fans it shouldn't matter where this series is played. And looking at your posts you are certainly not a fan of Indo Pak cricket for obvious reasons. :inti

Yes yes BCCI would chicken out from playing a ATG team like Pakistan :91:

Looks like you are watching too much T20s...we are taking about proper red ball cricket here where Pakistan dropped a series against Australia at home and only manage to draw in SL. India won in Australia twice, drew in England, went to test championship final, won everything at home. India would beat Pakistan anywhere in a 5 day game. There is no scope of fluke in test cricket like a T20 would throw up.

So BCCI is not chickening out from facing Pakistan, the cricket team. Its just that it is not in their hand as govt of India dont want cricket ties with Pakistan. And if if we ever play them in future it will be either in Karachi or Lahore or New Delhi or in Shri Narendra Modi stadium :)

Can't blame the ECB for wanting to cash in to an Indo-Pak series in England thereby milking in the money. With the BCCI being the wealthiest board it is natural for many officials in the PCB to be eager on such a series as well.

In the film "Phantom" Saif Ali's character was on the spot when referring to Pakistan saying "they don't care about us refusing to play Cricket with them if that is the best we can do then we're doomed!" or something to that effect.

Pak Cricket has proved over the years that we'll survive with or without India even if the PCB is no way near as wealthy as the BCCI.

Looks like you are watching too much T20s...we are taking about proper red ball cricket here where Pakistan dropped a series against Australia at home and only manage to draw in SL. India won in Australia twice, drew in England, went to test championship final, won everything at home. India would beat Pakistan anywhere in a 5 day game. There is no scope of fluke in test cricket like a T20 would throw up.

So BCCI is not chickening out from facing Pakistan, the cricket team. Its just that it is not in their hand as govt of India dont want cricket ties with Pakistan. And if if we ever play them in future it will be either in Karachi or Lahore or New Delhi or in Shri Narendra Modi stadium :)

Even in ODI's this PK team will beat India in a series. You have been choking consistently in ICC knockout matches since 2013. Under Babar PK has the upper hand mentally and our bowling is miles better. Avesh khan is your IPL leading wicket taker and look what happened to him. Compare that trundler to our express bowlers. In Batting our opening is better by a distance. The only area where India is better is middle order.

Not safe for Indian team to go to Pakistan after the rhetoric of pak PM about Kashmir in UNGA. We don’t know how many crazies are electrified to take a shot at Indians visiting. Pakistan will always claim there is julm on Muslims in India so they won’t come to India. So no way any games between india &#55356;&#56814;&#55356;&#56819; and pak

Ironically it always used to be shiv sena who dug pitches and threatened PK team from visiting India. Fans have lit fire to the stadium , thrown litter at Pakistan during the 90s and shiv sena members have dug up pitches. I know you have PK phobia but look inward for a change.

Ironically it always used to be shiv sena who dug pitches and threatened PK team from visiting India. Fans have lit fire to the stadium , thrown litter at Pakistan during the 90s and shiv sena members have dug up pitches. I know you have PK phobia but look inward for a change.

Pakistani fans have also lit fire to a stadium during a match with India in the late 80's. And stones were thrown at Indian players as well during Sachin Tendulkar captaincy in 1996/97.

Pakistani fans have also lit fire to a stadium during a match with India in the late 80's. And stones were thrown at Indian players as well during Sachin Tendulkar captaincy in 1996/97.

Cute that you are having to dig back 40 years ago to find incidents to badmouth Pakistan. You must be aware that the last time India came to Pakistan they received heroes welcome. Read reports from your own journalists if you don't believe it. The hostility and aversion to play bilateral series is totally coming from India. Instead of denying it, would be better to own it and justify it using genuine reasons not the fake ones put out by your govt.

Cute that you are having to dig back 40 years ago to find incidents to badmouth Pakistan. You must be aware that the last time India came to Pakistan they received heroes welcome. Read reports from your own journalists if you don't believe it. The hostility and aversion to play bilateral series is totally coming from India. Instead of denying it, would be better to own it and justify it using genuine reasons not the fake ones put out by your govt.

Who's badmouthing Pakistan? I'm simply replying him that Pakistani fans are guilty of the same things that he accused Indian fans of.

No point playing at a neutral venue.. if they ever play again it should be either in India or Pakistan.

Who's badmouthing Pakistan? I'm simply replying him that Pakistani fans are guilty of the same things that he accused Indian fans of.

Conveniently ignoring that the Indian team got red carpet treatment when they were last in Pakistan. When India can invite Pakistan to tour and the Pakistan team get a similar heroes welcome in India, then you can talk.

Conveniently ignoring that the Indian team got red carpet treatment when they were last in Pakistan. When India can invite Pakistan to tour and the Pakistan team get a similar heroes welcome in India, then you can talk.

Most Pakistani cricketers made a killing post retirement working in Indian media before the ban. None of them were discriminated.

Also every visiting team to India gets 5 star treatment since at-least the 90’s.

So not sure what you are on about

Shocked to see this thread only has 71 posts so far.

This is pretty big news even though the outcome was not postivie, honestly thought we would have had 200+ posts by now.

Shocked to see this thread only has 71 posts so far.

This is pretty big news even though the outcome was not postivie, honestly thought we would have had 200+ posts by now.

Nobody cares or wants to play India by begging them.

Pakistan should stop begging to play India.PCB needs to arrange more full and A tours with SENA countries.These tours will challenge Pakistani players and hopefully they will improve their game by playing in tough conditions.

You are surely a newbie when it comes to India vs Pakistan matches. Pakistan or India losing matches to other teams don't mean much. Saying things like India would beat Pakistan in a 5 day game anywhere shows you have never watched India vs Pak test matches live. I have heard similar arguments regarding India beating Team A, and Team A beating Pakistan, and fans coming to conclusion that India would easily beat Pakistan lol. Watch some real cricket before you speak. :inti

Pakistan should stop begging to play India.PCB needs to arrange more full and A tours with SENA countries.These tours will challenge Pakistani players and hopefully they will improve their game by playing in tough conditions.

It is pretty obvious any country except India would love to host this series. This is the greatest rivalry in cricket and what's better than England to host it. Imagine Shaheen bowling to Kohli and company or Bumrah bowling to Babar and others at Lords. :inti

I don't see PCB begging here? :inti

Back