England tour of Pakistan (2024)

Team Update:

The Pakistan cricket team had a net practice session at the Multan International Stadium.

The players practiced bowling, batting, and fielding.

KdthXOe.png

1NjRW5D.png

KLhxsgp.png

Pakistan will get hammered 3-0 again. England batsmen will wrack up runs quickly like last series. Pakistan weak batting will be exposed again.

Back to back whitewashed incoming

Salman Ali Agha, during an interaction with the media at Multan Cricket Stadium:

"I have an idea of how tough they [England Cricket Team] are and what tough challenges they will give us. And we are preparing for it and will try to produce a better result than the previous year."

"We can't predict anything about the pitch; we still have time for it, but we have a plan, and we will follow it."

"We are aware of the kind of cricket they [England] play - [BazBall] - and we have prepared our own plans and will try to tackle them as per their style of game."

"The weather conditions were much hotter in the Champions One-Day Cup 2024 and the series against Bangladesh. And it will be a plus point for us, as we are used to Pakistan's weather conditions, and I think they are coming here from cold weather."

i wonder if multan pitch will turn, it was still pretty good last time england played there.
Pak only hope is a extra dry surface on day 1 which crumbles by day 3 - play 2 pacers , 2 spinners & Agha as the 5th bowling option . ENG is a better TEST side & you need a spicy pitch [ perhaps substandard is a better word ] to close the gap between the 2 teams . My take from Accuweather is we are in for hot 450 overs of play . Can local guys confirm ? c @BouncerGuy @Asad T @Mamoon

Stuart Broad during at an event of MCC said:

“I think the style will work in Pakistan, for sure.”

“It was a great tour to Pakistan in 2022, all the players really enjoyed it and ultimately, England’s batting group are wonderful players of spin."

“I think they’re really positive and aggressive, they can find the boundary and don’t get tied down by spin. England will have to play that fast-paced cricket to force results over there, because you generally do need five days to make something happen.”

“Pakistan have not been playing the best cricket.”

“They’ve been struggling, so England should see that as a positive and go there trying to apply pressure to that team as soon as they possibly can."

“But we always know Pakistan, they’ve got world-class talent and players that can win a game on their own. It won’t be an easy challenge."

“The surfaces (in Pakistan) were a bit slower and turned but in their recent series, they’ve had a bit of green grass on, actually, and carried through a bit more. I don’t know which way Pakistan will lean on their pitches - they might leave a bit of grass on, seeing an inexperienced bowling group from England.”

“There has been a changeover of personnel, so it’ll take a bit of time to embed what the style is into those players, but a lot of them have just settled in fantastically.”

“Jamie Smith, for example, has been brought in to do that role, to accelerate when we lose wickets, and he’s done it wonderfully throughout the summer."

“As a cricket fan, a Test match fan, an England fan, I think what Brendon and Ben have done is a wonderful thing. Yes, the results have been inconsistent on the odd occasion, but I’d much prefer us to have a go at things and try and win every single game than lose being negative."

“It’s been an amazing style for young players to learn their game and have amazing freedom. The key to it is the consistency in selection.”
He is excited about the Pakistan-England Test series, but wonders why he wasn't invited to join the commentary panel.

Last edited:
Any particular reason why it should not????
Purely commercial. If the test starts/happens on weekends ,atleast on those days fans can enjoy the spectacle in the stadium and brings the profit to the table.All the tests mostly starts on Thursday around the world.even india moved away from starting test matches on random days .even for bangladesh series,test matches started on Thursday and Friday.

Purely commercial. If the test starts/happens on weekends ,atleast on those days fans can enjoy the spectacle in the stadium and brings the profit to the table.All the tests mostly starts on Thursday around the world.even india moved away from starting test matches on random days .even for bangladesh series,test matches started on Thursday and Friday.
It might look awkward, yes. i agree but PCB has a lot of things going on atm. I think they have never been smart with scheduling a series.

You can expect such things from pcb.

Back