England v New Zealand | 2nd Test | Headingley | 26/5/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

World Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Sun's out in Leeds again :)

England 338/7 overnight, Prior on 38 and Swann on 21.

Wonder if they can get 400, which would be a very good score IMO.

Boult and Southee to clean up England's tail in the first session.

Last edited:
I think the sunny weather has fooled a lot of people. I was at the match yesterday and there was both seam and swing movement for the bowlers, until it got to the 60-over mark which is why Root and Bairstow were finally able to open up. This is far from a 500 pitch.

Planning to go to the ground tomorrow, will take some pics and report from there.

I didn't think we'd get 350 at one stage so I'm quite optimistic of a 1st innings lead.

The new ball in particular seems very dangerous on this pitch.

I didn't think we'd get 350 at one stage so I'm quite optimistic of a 1st innings lead.

Sure, at 60-3 I was expected we'd get out for about 200 so that was pretty good in the end.

Really lol? I'd say we're at best a distant second.

i've been impressed with their gutsy performances to be honest Australia will do well to learn from this.

But i guess we might be seeing 500 partnerships come this winter

Thats a leg glance for four. No such thing as an inside edge these days. In total control of that shot. Thanx T20!!

Last edited:
The NewZealand openers are looking much more assured than at Lords.
Are leaving better.

Boult, Southee and Wagner atm are better than Anderson, Broad and Finn.

Probably, not for certain. The point I was disagreeing with concerned NZ being da bestest in teh world. Blates a crap point.

England dont look like buying a wicket here to be honest. I've always said that this bowling attack relies on patients and batsmen to make errors. New Zealand have left well outside off and England look toothless and unimaginative.

soso having his usual session, most of his posts which aren't cheerleading for SA display bias against England or Australia
-obvious troll is obvious.

England starting their usual whining when the ball isn't swinging.

Finn is the only English bowler that i have high hopes for. He is the one i hope becomes a great. Not Barbie

Shot of the match so far, that was class.

What a beautiful shot for Four by Rutherford, brilliant.

Wonder if Swann can get anything out of this Headingley pitch. Spinners have historically struggled here.

Why are England bowling to Fulton on the Leg stump.
The ball is definetely going for four if you do that.

Lovely batting from the NZ openers so far.

Playing each ball on merit and looking very solid.

England lack aggression for me. Yeah sure Jimmy has improved over the years but his strike rate between that period is still a whooping 58+. That says it all for me

Have seen the ball swing at Headingly many times once the lacquer comes off, but if it doesn't the Headingly pitch turns into an absolute road.

What the commentators need to realize is that the NewZealabd bowlers swing the ball more than the English bowlers.
It does not have much to do with the ball and Conditions.

Come on Hamish, score a double ton, that's the second guy that i like after Ross Taylor :don

Hamish my hero :afridi

There is some cut off the pitch. Both Finn and Broad were getting some nip. No swing for Anderson though :waqar

Southee was swinging the ball fromg leg-middle to off today and yesterday with the new and old ball.

What the commentators need to realize is that the NewZealabd bowlers swing the ball more than the English bowlers.
It does not have much to do with the ball and Conditions.
It'll take another 2 tests for them to realize it after our awful performance at lords.

Well done Finny.

There was seam movement yesterday for the New Zealand guys, we have to keep plugging away and wait for shots like that.

2 meter Peter went about 200 metres into the air there, comedy cricket.

Well done Finny.

There was seam movement yesterday for the New Zealand guys, we have to keep plugging away and wait for shots like that.
Whats your accuse for this morning?... We were much more threatening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back