England v Pakistan | Third Test | Day 2 : Session 1 | The Oval | 19/08/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energy

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Pakistan trail by 185 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.

Less than 3 hours until scheduled play. Hoping for another good day.

InshaAllah another Pak's day.InshaAllah we will be leading by at least 150 runs at the end of the day's play.

If Pakistan can survive the first session with the loss of only Wahab, then the game will be in our hands Inshallah.

C'mon boys lets bat out a full day here. Backing Butt to score big here.

I am mentally ready for our two wkts going down inside first half an hour coz a tail ender and the aggressive hameed will be at the crease (no offence to their fans). but still i m hopeful Inshallah we will make 350+. no more fear moyo is here. :)

Inside the ground, weather is brilliant for batting , there is a slight breeze.

Good solid days batting needed! A big hundred or two is needed from our batsmen!

45 minutes till start. Butt and Umar Akmal have to play a solid innings now.

off topic:

who here has watched the bollywood movie Help? scary stuff

I dont care about personal centuries as long as we get partnerships going.
a couple of 100-150 runs partnership will be a delight to watch!

Hopefully Butt will score some runs along with U Akmal, Yousaf and Hameed.

Looking forward to a make or break session of this test match.

If Pakistan can survive the first session with the loss of only Wahab, then the game will be in our hands Inshallah.

I concur, however, the key will be how Hameed handles Swann or rather how Swann handles Hameed. We know he is not a good player of Spin - the last thing we would need is to loose him early in the piece.

Good luck to Hammed, I will be rooting for him

I concur, however, the key will be how Hameed handles Swann or rather how Swann handles Hameed. We know he is not a good player of Spin - the last thing we would need is to loose him early in the piece.

Good luck to Hammed, I will be rooting for him

Our batsman should go after Swann. This will upset his rythum and line. But that should be calculated risk not a brain fart like Dammad

Ok I'm going to be negative. Can you blame me for this after our recent record?

I am delighted that I was way off my predictions. But I am struggling to understand the optimism about our batting.

Just please consider the following and explain to me how we can bat all day today as some are suggesting :

- We have a world class bowling attack and a village 11 batting line up.

- The conditions today are expected to suit swing bowling with cloud all day

- Did you see what Swann was doing?? He's going to kill us in this game...in both the 1st and 2nd innings. Hameed was all at sea against him.

- PLEASE explain to me who in this Pakistan batting can get a 50 never mind a 100 ???????

I know Hameed has a chance as he is on 36. But the rest??

- Azhar and Butt are both completely out of touch. Butt seems to have lost all confidence and has lost his bottle.

- Moyo - when did he last pick a bat up in anger? He is 37. He is not the player he was.

- Umar Akmal - without a doubt the worst top 6 test player in world cricket.

- Kamran - has been in no form at all.

So you are expecting these clowns to bat ALL day today in swinging conditions and with Swann getting turn all ready and looking dangerous???

I know this is an annoying negative post. But really - we need a balance between the gung-ho merchants who are dreaming of scores of 300!!!

I am delighted that I was way off my predictions. But I am struggling to understand the optimism about our batting.

Just please consider the following and explain to me how we can bat all day today as some are suggesting :

- Did you see what Swann was doing?? He's going to kill us in this game...in both the 1st and 2nd innings. Hameed was all at sea against him.

- PLEASE explain to me who in this Pakistan batting can get a 50 never mind a 100 ???????

- Azhar and Butt are both completely out of touch. Butt seems to have lost all confidence and has lost his bottle.

- Moyo - when did he last pick a bat up in anger? He is 37. He is not the player he was.

So you are expecting these clowns to bat ALL day today in swinging conditions and with Swann getting turn all ready and looking dangerous???

I know this is an annoying negative post. But really - we need a balance between the gung-ho merchants who are dreaming of scores of 300!!!

As usual you come up with negative comment.

THis is not the village 11 now. Yousaf & Hameed are there and no Malik.

Hameed & Yousaf will both at least score 50's maybe 100.

Pakistan will minimum score 300 maybe 450.

Swann is a threat but he can be neutrilized by attacking him.

If Azhar can held one end Akmals for sure will score from the other.

Last edited:

Ahh, so now I understand the real reason behind your posts: Restoring The Natural Equilibrium Of The Universe.

I do apologise for severely misunderstanding you.

I think we should handle Swan like Prior and Broad handled Ajmal when he came on (with sweeps and reverse sweeps)

As usual you come up with negative comment.

THis is not the village 11 now. Yousaf & Hameed are there and no Malik.

Hameed & Yousaf will both at least score 50's maybe 100.

Pakistan will minimum score 300 maybe 450.

Swann is a threat but he can be neutrilized by attacking him.

If Azhar can held one end Akmals for sure will score from the other.
Lol. 300 ? 450?

Bro - you are in dreamland.

And Moyo will score a 50 or 100 when he hasnt batted for months?

Capt. Obvious thank you very much for the amazing indepth analysis.

Will Mohammad Yousuf's return prove a salve for the fragile batting order, or can England bowl themselves back in to this game?
Cricinfo.

When did you last check the forecast - if you did that before the test match started check again today. Looks pretty good to me.

chalo chalo shabash, c'mon lads! concentrate!

Lols, here we go, the tukk tukk starts now.

The Old Man And The Sea ... same old story. It was fun while it lasted though. Hameed out.

Ok....here we go. The 200 brigade still here?? Never mind the 300 chaps.

I putt salman butt in my fantasy team yesterday.

I hope he won't disappoint me.

lol...
Someone needs to tell all the batsmen that you need to start from scratch when a new session starts!

Butt has not got into double-figures yet in this series.

Really hope Butt gets in today

Would love to see a partnership between him and Yousuf

Wicket maiden, what a start for Pakistan.
And we lose well set batsman rather than night watchman :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back