England v S Africa | World T20 Super8 | Trent Bridge | 11/6/09

15 runs off the first balls for Shah. Van Der Merve the bowler.

Kallis into the attack.

Shah pulls the first ball for a single.

dropped difficult chance down the legside from boucher, goes for 4...england making a comeback of sorts...bowled collingwood next ball though!

New man is Foster.

I thought Dimi Mascharenas would come to bat.

Good over from Kallis.

6 runs off it and a wicket.

79-4 after 13 overs.

12.4 Kallis to Foster, no run, oh what a ball! A bouncer which nearly decapitates Foster, snapping his head out of the way. 90mph from Kallis..

When did Kallis start bowling this fast?

Van Der Merve to continue.

Foster gone trying to play a reverse sweep shot.

Fosters gone to another great catch of a reverse sweep...england lose their 5th wicket

mascerenhas bowled trying to cut the ball...it was too close to his body, england falling apart here

shahzadddd said:
When did Kallis start bowling this fast?

He used to be this speed when he started, maybe even faster. His speed and bowling went down for a while but it looks like hes improved his bowling again.

Kallis to Shah, OUT, beautiful - brilliant from Kallis. That is a stunning leg-cutter! Shah nibbled and Boucher did the rest. This is some display from South Africa
OA Shah c †Boucher b Kallis 38 (33b 3x4 2x6) SR: 115.15

England 88/7 (15.0/20 ov)
Last 5 ovs 41/4 RR 8.20

Adil Rashid can bat

England's dug-out is a miserable looking place. Here's Steyn to cheer them all up

The only thing that could make this game even b etter is stuart broad getting tonked around the park by SA when they come in to bat

Rashid has scored 8 runs off 16 balls. Kinda like Salman Butt.

England bowled out for 111...parnell clean bowls their last 2 batsman

checkers.llvllaster said:
Only the exception is that Salman is an opener, and Rashid is a bowler, who comes in at # 10...

Rashid probably fields slightly better too lol

This is not good news for India. England will again be pumped up in the next match and their next match is against India.

srh said:
This is not good news for India. England will again be pumped up in the next match and their next match is against India.
You are right! India will have to be at the top of their game to win their match against England!

srh said:

India will be pumped up against England too; I don't think they will take things as lightly against England as Pakistan did.

I really cannot see india losing to england, india should get past them rather easily actually

SA aren't finding it easy to score runs so far.. a few more overs like this and the req rate will start becoming a problem.

4-0 (2.2)

SA batting is way too overrated ...AB and Morkel are the only two big hitters as Gibbs has been completly out of sorts for ages now !

you cant take any team easily in T20 ..just one good innings or one good spell settles the game ..& Eng have quite a few players capable of doing that ...not going to be a easy game for Ind

81 needed from 78 balls for SA...they havent played well but even singles and a few big hits perhaps towards the end should get them there pretty easily.

jusarrived said:
SA batting is way too overrated ...AB and Morkel are the only two big hitters as Gibbs has been completly out of sorts for ages now !

What are you talking about they have such a strong batting line up. Even if Gibbs and Smith not in great form they still have Kallis, Duminy and AB to make up for that. If Smith hits form then watch out.
Id say SA have the best batting along with India in the WC.

SA easing through it now...pretty boring stuff to watch though it has to be said

Sparhawk said:
What are you talking about they have such a strong batting line up. Even if Gibbs and Smith not in great form they still have Kallis, Duminy and AB to make up for that. If Smith hits form then watch out.
Id say SA have the best batting along with India in the WC.

Kallis is just about ok & Dumminy is not going to worry a lot of teams with his batting ..& add to that Smith and Gibbs struggling....so its only ABD and Morkel who can be dangerous ...put 165 on the board , it can be defended against this team !

jusarrived said:

you r wrong on that, they are a quality side, the nature of the pitch makes strokeplay a bit harder. ;-)

secondly s/a dont need to take any risks on this total...they just need to knock it around ;-)

It's remarkable how Kallizzz :28: has reinvented himself as a T20 god.

England about to get mullered. SA 2/106, 6 runs to win

Inswinging Yorker said:
you r wrong on that, they are a quality side, the nature of the pitch makes strokeplay a bit harder. ;-)

secondly s/a dont need to take any risks on this total...they just need to knock it around ;-)

they struggled against NZs attack too

just wait and see . the game against India and WI will really show how good this batting is ..they havent been put under pressure yet ...frankly as an indian team fan am more worried about the WI team than SA ...!

Last edited:
SA win with ease by 7 wickets clinical performance in the end from them. A pretty poor pitch this for t20 cricket though...i havent been impressed with trent bridge during this tournament.

Last edited:
jusarrived said:

just wait and see . the game against India and WI will really show how good this batting is ..they havent been put under pressure yet ...frankly as an indian team am more worried about the WI team than SA ...!

didnt nz struggle too chasing a low total?

thats y i will consider s/a clear over the other teams...whatever total they make they will make the other team fight hard to win.

also there was no real significance about that match...may be both ems too it too lightly?

jusarrived said:
Kallis is just about ok & Dumminy is not going to worry a lot of teams with his batting ..& add to that Smith and Gibbs struggling....so its only ABD and Morkel who can be dangerous ...put 165 on the board , it can be defended against this team !

I think SA are holding their best for last. Kallis is one of the best batsmen of this generation can't afford to take him lightly.

South Africa look too good at the moment,
there is not a single weak area in their team right now,
they can lose only by
(i) having a really really bad day
(ii) an unstoppable individual performance eg afridi or mendis bowling or gayle batting or something close to that.

India vs SA would be a great match. Much as i hate to admit it they are by far the two best teams in the competition.. Pakistan are the dark horse

Lucky we dont have SA in our group..the form that SA are in right now only india can give them a tough time and SA would still win...

Well played South Africa.

Fully deserved to win. Out-played England throughout.

jusarrived said:

just wait and see . the game against India and WI will really show how good this batting is ..they havent been put under pressure yet ...frankly as an indian team fan am more worried about the WI team than SA ...!
The way you're slating NZ, remind us again of India's record against NZ?

Jo_Don said:
The way you're slating NZ, remind us again of India's record against NZ?

whats that got to do with SAs batting ? NZ is my pick to win the tournament from the start , even with the injury concerns ... India has only to deal with SA , Eng and WI , all three teams we have 100% record against ;)

invincible said:
You are right! India will have to be at the top of their game to win their match against England!
Man, india can whip england with 60% effort. Give me a break. England is a lame team. The eng, pak, netherlands group was actually the group of minnows

jusarrived said:
whats that got to do with SAs batting ? NZ is my pick to win the tournament from the start , even with the injury concerns ... India has only to deal with SA , Eng and WI , all three teams we have 100% record against ;)
Sorry I forgot that cricket was only about batting. So obviously there's no credit to NZ for bowling and fielding well, and SA for bowling and fielding even better to defend the low score.

Doesn't bother me though, go ahead and underestimate our batting, works out better in our favour :) Just like the poms underestimated us because they won the ODI series last year, and the result speaks for itself. This is a different SA side.

Last edited:
I knew we would lose because we are rubbish, but Adil Rashid really excited me tonight. He bowled with control, and he turned the ball SHARPLY, he looked a prospect and a half. Already I'm thinking I'd rather play him and Swann at Cardiff in the Ashes than pick a fourth seamer. England's way to win is with spin.

Jo_Don said:
Sorry I forgot that cricket was only about batting. So obviously there's no credit to NZ for bowling and fielding well, and SA for bowling and fielding even better to defend the low score.

Doesn't bother me though, go ahead and underestimate our batting, works out better in our favour :) Just like the poms underestimated us because they won the ODI series last year, and the result speaks for itself. This is a different SA side.

well ,we wer discussing about only batting ..where did i say cricket is only about batting !

btw it means nothing how i estimate your team ... Dhoni wont , thats waht matters :)

Taurus said:
I knew we would lose because we are rubbish, but Adil Rashid really excited me tonight. He bowled with control, and he turned the ball SHARPLY, he looked a prospect and a half. Already I'm thinking I'd rather play him and Swann at Cardiff in the Ashes than pick a fourth seamer. England's way to win is with spin.

completely agree ..Adil looks test class to me & can see him bothering the Oz batting big time !

Its scandalous that England didnt play Adil Rashid on their tour to the Windies - vital preparation for......THE ASHES!

Man, the kid is good

Taurus said:

His control was even more impressive than the considerable bite and turn that he got, the drift into the batsman when he tossed the ball up was brilliant. It wouldnt surprise me one bit though if england went for...panesar instead of rashid come the ashes...typical conservative english selections.

Last edited:
According to Cricinfo, Kallis scored 578. Must've been the most violent innings of all time!

69976495.jpg

lol cricinfo has gone seriously downhill since that change in design

Back