England Vs India 3rd Test!

samisback

ODI Debutant
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Runs
12,076
we go to mumbai for this one, lets see if england can turn it on this time around!
 
more bad news for england along with harmison, ali cook is out of this one as well..can it get any worse????:O
 
Heaps of bad luck for England in this series.

Now its a must win situation...and India have the form to create some more problems for them
 
OWAIS SHAH makes his debut :D:D good good..exciting player to watch!!!!


england are batting after india won the toss
ian bell and strauss would be opening..owais shah one down...
 
shaun udal in,for plunkett........

anderson comes in for harmi....good luck england you will need it for this one (this test match finishing within 3 days cav smells.......
 
nice to see Sachin, Dravid, Kumble getting their trophies...phenomenal achievements!
 
Tupac said:
nice to see Sachin, Dravid, Kumble getting their trophies...phenomenal achievements!
indeed..great servents to indian cricket, truely deserved it....! legends in their own right!
 
Might be interesting to see both Sreesanth and Patel bowling......since it is rare ...india going with 5 bowlers.....might turn out to be a tussle for the 2nd fast bowler spot.....hopefully good for India
 
Huge Swing.....would have been better if there was a little less swing and late swing.
 
UJ said:
I cant wait to see Owais Shah in action!
hes been my favourite batter lately.....i would put him up there with KP in terms of stroke play..ever since he took advice frm azharudin.hes far more aggressive........i would have owais shah at no 3 over IAn bell anytime in the england team...!

balls swining miles....


3-0 england
 
Nice Shot by Strauss......shd have been a boundary....outfield looks to be slow ...
 
wow , munaf patel has got a hair cut......and if you apply Bigmac,s theory , a bowler looses 10 mph of their pace if they do dodgy things with the hair...so dont be surprized if munraf bowls same pace as pathan.....Bigmac is a qualified coach :p


runs starting to flow , strauss looking good 2 bounderies both down tehe ground as straight as one would like

12 for 0
 
England looking positive....could work both ways though.....Cook was more solid looking initially
 
sp10006 said:
Dhonis coloured his hair too.....some superstitions in business!!!
what do you mean ?:O so you think he was a born blonde :O:O

speaking of colour yesterday imran farhat had his hair highlighted as well....if only the present cricketers spent half the time they spent on silly things on their cricket......


azharhudin played 99 test matches (how painful for him, not to play just 1 more....i feel for him!


14 for 0
 
cavin420 said:
wow , munaf patel has got a hair cut......and if you apply Bigmac,s theory , a bowler looses 10 mph of their pace if they do dodgy things with the hair...so dont be surprized if munraf bowls same pace as pathan.....Bigmac is a qualified coach :p


runs starting to flow , strauss looking good 2 bounderies both down tehe ground as straight as one would like

12 for 0

No, dodgy hair adds to your pace.
 
you can feel england wanting to score runs......Bell getting edgy in that
 
Big Mac said:
No, dodgy hair adds to your pace.
yeah, now munaf has got rid of em.....just have a loook..........looks like hes getting ready to go in the army :O

14/0

huge swing but balls been wasted either too wide or too short.......
 
Sreesanth bowling well.......wonder how long that will last......What style of a player is Shah? Is he the Dravid kind or the Shoaib Malik kind?
 
sp10006 said:
Sreesanth bowling well.......wonder how long that will last......What style of a player is Shah? Is he the Dravid kind or the Shoaib Malik kind?
hmmm....well hes more attacking now , used to be like dravid way before used to be alot defensive....hes a wristy player perhaps shoaib malik would be the closest match...., owais shah plays spin very well....and uses his feet alot as well.....so lets see if he delivers....
 
31 for 0......

good solid start by england, just what the doctor ordered................!!

strauss on 20, bell on 9!
 
Pathan starts of with a 74 mph delivery :10:, and Sreesanth starts off with 140 Ks what the hell is wrong with IRFU???????????????????///////

74MPH on these flat wickets is just NOT ONNNN, I am seeing a Ravi Shastri situation happening here. He started of as an off spinner and turned himself into a batsmen...Maybe Pathan is on his way to being a quality batsmen and drop his bowling :13: ...
 
Gasherbrum said:
munaf patel to bowl, maybe the shorter hair will give him more speed ?

You bowl faster with long hair, its something I noticed :p Even I bowl faster with bigger hair.
 
Pollock started bowling in mid 70s after about a decade into his career and 300-odd Test wickets. Pathan hasn't been around for even half that time and is already suffering from decreased speed. He will get seriously hammered once the ball loses its shine if he does not up his pace.

This match is the ideal setting for Flintoff to prove a thing or two which Whippy said about him. Afridi is a man for big occasions - let's see what Freddie can do here.
 
amarmak said:
someone post munaf's speed here...

this over -

1st ball - 135.1 kph
2nd ball - 136.9 kph
3rd ball - 133.1 kph
4th ball - 132.5
5th ball - 137.1
6th ball - 132.7
 
Last edited:
cavin420 said:
fastest so far 136.9 kph patel

Predictable. Already struggling to get to 140s even.

CricIndfo guys are proudly mentioning his 85 mph as if it's 93 mph stuff! :20: Poor Pace-starved fellas.
 
Amir said:
You bowl faster with long hair, its something I noticed :p Even I bowl faster with bigger hair.


It's true. This is a phenomenom that is well-documented by myself as well other well respected scientific minds.

It's not limited to just cricket however, it's probably been around a year since I last cut my hair and my footballing skills are improving with each week.
 
Farhad said:
Predictable. Already struggling to get to 140s even.

CricIndfo guys are proudly mentioning his 85 mph as if it's 93 mph stuff! :20: Poor Pace-starved fellas.

His 5th ball was 137.1 :p
 
Farhad said:
Predictable. Already struggling to get to 140s even.

CricIndfo guys are proudly mentioning his 85 mph as if it's 93 mph stuff! :20: Poor Pace-starved fellas.
i dont blame em, for them its a miracle!!!!!

37 for 0
 
zushy_786 said:
His 5th ball was 137.1 :p
ok , does that mean a public holiday in india tomorrow??:O

both batters playing beautifully , just need to grind it out here....
 
ok cavin u missed out. what did srinath just say? "this is the bestest wicket........" lol :p
 
Commentators are saying maybe Dravid should have batted first, but he had confidence in his bowlers perhaps ? Maybe he should have batted ??
 
it's a batting strip and he should've batted. but well now it's a lost case.
 
cavin420 said:
ok , does that mean a public holiday in india tomorrow??:O

National mourning rather probably as their much-hyped pace messiah instead of storming towards 150 kph is predictably going towards 135 kph.
 
Pathan007 said:
ok cavin u missed out. what did srinath just say? "this is the bestest wicket........" lol :p
you have to pardon me today , since i have the tv muted.................rather listen to some songs then listen to his crap!!!

you can fill in my shoes for now ;-)

things tightning up , england needs to break away now still 37 for 0 pressure building up!
 
cavin420 said:
you have to pardon me today , since i have the tv muted.................rather listen to some songs then listen to his crap!!!

you can fill in my shoes for now ;-)

things tightning up , england needs to break away now still 37 for 0 pressure building up!

I don't now but if they don't get some boundaries in next 5 overs then yes the pressure would build.....
 
51 for 0
well done lads....good solid start
batting together for the first time as openers and the patnership was just what the doctor ordered for england hopefully they can make india suffer a bit more ;-)
 
is it just me or was the crowd just chanting "gali gali mein shor hai ... pakistan chor hai" ?
 
cav,s famous kiss of death , i does it again :(
bell goes...soft dimissal loose shot
badrinaat strikes

52 for 1
eazy catch in the covers for bhajji


ps :sluggz it was 87.1 kph
 
Gasherbrum said:
is it just me or was the crowd just chanting "gali gali mein shor hai ... pakistan chor hai" ?

what does that mean (not literal translation i know urdu) and why would they say that?
 
Gasherbrum said:
is it just me or was the crowd just chanting "gali gali mein shor hai ... pakistan chor hai" ?
i thought , that line belonged to nawaz sharif?:O

i have my tv on mute lets see now.......
owais shah walks out :11:
 
why? hmmm not sure really. i thought thats what i heard. the 'gali gali mein shor hai' part was clear, and the second part sure did sound like 'pakistan chor hai'. some people are right when they say indians blame everything on pakistan. they weren't getting a wicket and right away the guns turn to pakistan. sheesh!
 
Hahaha, look at that. Owais showing the Pakistani skills :11:
 
what did i tell you.??/its on record you heard it first frm cav, the lad loves using his feet.....you can forget kp ;-)
next ball smashedddddd 444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444444
 
Gasherbrum said:
why? hmmm not sure really. i thought thats what i heard. the 'gali gali mein shor hai' part was clear, and the second part sure did sound like 'pakistan chor hai'. some people are right when they say indians blame everything on pakistan. they weren't getting a wicket and right away the guns turn to pakistan. sheesh!

what does pakistan have to do with this?
 
Slugger said:
what does that mean (not literal translation i know urdu) and why would they say that?

Well, that unprovoked slogan merely means the Indians there are a sorry fanatical jingoist bunch of pathetic losers, still bitter that they cannot produce a single genuine fast bowler whereas their neighbor keeps on churning them out. I reckon Munaf's medium-fast speed was shown on the screen for them to get so angry about their hopes being dashed. Pak to blame there, not their own deluded sections of media-people. :)))
 
owais danced down the track , n that was his 2nd ball (making his debut mind you) and the look on harbhjhans face told you the story, he was embarrsed...next bal lharbhajjan tried to bowl the fastest ever bowl an indian ever bowled (101 kph) the ball went to the boundery at 150 kph :11:


58 for 1
 
The Pakistani Owais Shah batting now,, lets hope he does well in the enemies ground.
 
oy, yaar why dont you peeps get it? reason why indians are saying that is because they suffered the worst ever defeat in the history of the game to pakistan...so i dont blame them ;-);-) they can beat england all they like (Without the likes of vaughn,tresco,harmi,giles,jones) it doesnt count!!!!
 
meanwhile owais shah is making harbhajan and the indian fielders **** their pants...

this kid is bold and brave! EXCELLENT my kind of cricketer!
 
Slugger said:
what does pakistan have to do with this?
owais shah is a karachi born and to some extent bred lad...thats why!

so its pak vs india for them!!!
 
and owais shah is making his bat do all the talking.....................if he carries on like this...you can soon expect some fireworks in the crowd (if you know what i mean ;-)


58 for 1
 
sluggz - i've heard the chant before at india-pakistan games. just a little out of place though and owais shah hadn't walked in then so it couldn't possibly be a reference to him being Pakistani, could it?
 
shivaeiodkl3diowlkwsoisdlkewoi - "I think it's hit at the same time"

IR shows distance between bat and pad was a texas mile inside edge onto the pads
 
Gasherbrum said:
sluggz - i've heard the chant before at india-pakistan games. just a little out of place though and owais shah hadn't walked in then so it couldn't possibly be a reference to him being Pakistani, could it?
What chant you talking about man?
 
ha ha ha hah a harbhajjan literally forced out of the attack by the debutant just after 1 over
kumble takes over :)):))) :))

59 for 1
 
cavin420 said:
owais shah is a karachi born and to some extent bred lad...thats why!

so its pak vs india for them!!!

I see.

Well, we do not have such insecurity problems. When Solanki was here, he was showered with hospitality, but then we are talking in these Indians' case of some bitter uncultured junglees...expect anything from this shameless lot. :21:
 
Back
Top