England vs South Africa | 2nd ODI | Trent Bridge| 26/08/2008

This just emphasises how much talent the England team has at its disposal, and equally so how badly they have used it in the past three years or so. England's terrible efforts in ODIs for the past decade or so are unacceptable, and it is only now as KP brings the best eleven players together without the obstructions of cronyism and stupidity that we are beginning to see that potential. It might be a honeymoon period, but he has assembled a pace quartet that he clearly looks upon as the future of English cricket, and they are playing together in ALL forms of the game. So far it has been wonderful stuff by the England management, long may it continue.

KP's captaincy has been superb thus far.

Pakwatan said:
India lost to England in ODI Series
SA is likely to lose to England, but even much embarrassing than India. India at least has gave fair fight unlike SA :D

I always wonder how did SL whitewash England in ODI series last time SL toured in England? :akmal
ENG recently defeated SL

OZGOD said:
I thought SA were the #1 ODI side in the world? Hmm. Anyone seen Saffer?

Behaving just like his team, choking cowardly and refusing to show up when the battle is on.

PlanetPakistan said:
ENG recently defeated SL

I know, but that's not what i was trying to raise a point.

My point was how did SL whitewash against England? :|

Augustus said:
It might be a honeymoon period, but he has assembled a pace quartet that he clearly looks upon as the future of English cricket, and they are playing together in ALL forms of the game. So far it has been wonderful stuff by the England management, long may it continue.

Yes, so far so good for Kevinder - will be interesting to see what the reaction is when there are a few injuries, a few defeats - and given his attacking style the inevitable odd daft dismissal. Whether his "foreign captain" status then becomes an issue remains to be seen. But for the moment good for England.

Trent Bridge scorecard pic from Cricinfo

93578.jpg

Pakwatan said:
My point was how did SL whitewash against England? :|

SL played better. England were being coached by Fletcher who had no idea how to play ODIs, and picked his mates such as Joyce instead of guys who can actually do it such as Shah.

Last edited:
Pakwatan said:
If Broad plays in Pakistan, he won't able to hit even 84 MPH. It's pitch that increases the speed of fast bowler. Even Asif was hitting 88 MPH when played in England in 2006
can you explain your great theory in terms of physic --- if you are old enough to have read physics?

Pakwatan said:
Once you bowl the ball in the middle of pitch, the speed become double time. Trust me.
seriously, how old are you?

Pakwatan said:
I never seen Flintoff hitting 90 MPH in Pakistan pitch before. How come?
have you seen this bowler bowl on Pakistani and Indian pitches?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QO74IlrlDY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-kSnfY2QA

the speed guns r faulty, the same england bowlers in test series were no were near 90mph r regulary close and over with the white bowl, i've always felt the white bowl seems to travel through the air quicker

Consider that when a bowler only has to bowl ten overs in a day in an ODI, he can crank up a few more m.p.h. because he won't have to come back for a second and third spell.

Back