England win series 2-0 after 3rd Test vs Sri Lanka is drawn

Good on Hales. The guy is mentally very weak. He was so busy with his 100 and on a track like this sooner or later one ball will get you.

I dislike reading things like this. It's insulting and demeaning. What he is doing is overthinking as he approaches 100 instead of keeping his mind clear. Gatting used to do that, then he finally got a century n about his 25th match and exploded with runs, becoming England's best batsman for the next three years.

I dislike reading things like this. It's insulting and demeaning. What he is doing is overthinking as he approaches 100 instead of keeping his mind clear. Gatting used to do that, then he finally got a century n about his 25th match and exploded with runs, becoming England's best batsman for the next three years.

I very much dislike players that overthink the personal milestone thing. He was laughing like a nervous girl 10 mins before getting out. He now for the 3rd time this series had 100 for the taking but couldnt make it. I thought he was in the team to score some quick runs but he even bats slower then cook.

Should be a terrific day tomorrow, hope SL get close if not win. England will stay 4th ranked regardless.

Actually, Pakistan will go top of the Rankings if they beat England in the series by a margin of 1 Test or more (2-1/1-0). Can't see it happening though :(

England ought to be able to defend a 360+ target on this Lord's pitch offering uneven and awkward bounce. If SL do lose this, that 1st inns collapse after 162-1 will be to blame.

Agreed.

He is playing well. Lots of players get 100 and immediately get out. This isn't any worse than that. It's 3 good innings and that's the only logical way of viewing it.

Mental strength isn't about grinding towardsarbitrary milestones.

England ought to be able to defend a 360+ target on this Lord's pitch offering uneven and awkward bounce. If SL do lose this, that 1st inns collapse after 162-1 will be to blame.

If not, that collapse will have baited England into a loss.

Can someone let me know which over the incorrect no ball was called so I can skip forward on the replay?

Exactly. People scrutinize a 94 more than they scrutinize an 84 or a 74.

Back