Euro2012 | #England *BANTER* Thread

Canistani Hero

Senior T20I Player
Runs
england manager, canistani hero has revealed, he is, excited by his team's chances in the upcoming european championships to be held in poland.

The three lions have drawn defending champions, spain while russia and montenegro complete the group.

Hero tossed up some surprises in his final 23 man squad - chelsea captain, john terry, involved in a racism row and caught in a bitter scandal with former teammate wayne bridge's wife was left out the squad, despite being included in the probables list. Terry, has subsequently decided to announce his retirement from international duty. Manchester united's rio ferdinand has taken his place.

The three lions' squad only includes two recognized strikers, manchester united duo - wayne rooney and danny welbeck, a decision which has raised many eyebrows. Both andy carroll and jermain defoe have taken shots at hero for leaving them out.

Liverpool winger, stewart downing, who managed a staggering tally of 0 goals and 0 assists, in 32 appearances this past season was shocked at being included in the squad - "blooday hell, it's b******, i just bought a new couch, i thought i'd be lying on it, all summer watching the lads"

reports suggest, downing's inclusion has come as a result of a request from his liverpool captain and teammate, steven gerrard.

Gerrard, who will also be leading the three lions in poland, according to a source, told hero, england needed certified benchwarmers to put up with the weather in oslo and who better than downing to fulfill that role? "he (gerrard) is very cranky when he's forced to sit on a cold bench, he likes the warmth, it makes him feel good about himself and quite frankly, i don't blame him, considering prince harry's last one-night stand managed to collect more silverware, in half an hour, than he has, in the last decade"

hero is pleased to have arranged two relatively tough friendly fixtures ahead of the big tournament. "it's just what you need, a couple of rigorous games to get yourself going, it's all a good chance to test out the youngsters, i don't think the likes of rooney, or gerrard will be travelling to croatia."

england will face germany at wembley on tuesday before they travel to face the croatians on saturday.

They will jet out to poland, the following week. Hero confirmed reports rio ferdinand has pulled out of next week's friendly against germany for 'personal reasons'

former manchester united and manchester city midfielder owen hargreaves surprised virtually nobody when he twisted his ankle in training yesterday, which has ruled him out of the germany game as well.

Hero has also revealed manchester united winger ashley young is also likely to miss out on next week's clash with germany as he will be training with the uk's national diving team to prepare for the winter olympics.

Stay tuned for more updates regarding england's preparation ahead of #euro2012

:108:

a lot of players not playing the friendlies. who is gonna play then.

a lot of players not playing the friendlies. who is gonna play then.

Most of the players playing in the Germany game, won't be part of the Croatia game, just to give everybody a chance and avoid injuries. I have a pretty big squad to work with. Can blend out to separate XI's.

Hero has revealed two England XI's will tie off against each other at Villa Park tomorrow ahead of next week's friendly against Germany. Supporters are encouraged to attend the game.

Steven Gerrard will be leading England A, while Rio Ferdinand will be leading England B.

Tottenham's duo of Scott Parker and Jermain Defoe, who missed out on a place in the final 23 man squad have been called to participate in the game for England B.

David Stockdale, Kieran Gibbs and the injured Owen Hargreaves are the only three players included in the 23 man squad, who will not be participating in tomorrow's game.

564723_England.jpg

564264_England.jpg

Breaking News: Ashley Cole was injured during training, on the eve of the England A vs England B game, whilst the extent of the injury is unknown, Canistani Hero has decided to replace him with Arsenal's Kieran Gibbs.

images

Meanwhile, Former captain David Beckham arrived in London today from LA, he will participate in training with the England squad (to keep himself fit) despite not being a part of Hero's 23 man squad.

images

Last edited:
Former England striker, Alan Shearer has criticized Hero's decision to include both Rio Ferdinand and Ashley Cole in the squad. There is history of some bad blood between the duo, after Cole defended Terry against allegations that the Chelsea skipper had racially abused Ferdinand's brother, Anton, who plays for QPR - Rio later tweeted referring to Cole as 'choc-ice' - a derogatory racial term. Shearer said he was afraid "it could hurt the stability of the team"

images

Hero responded saying "I couldn't care less about what's happened in the past, they are big boys with a job to do, they need to put it behind them and besides, Rio is quality, who was I going to pick - Steven Taylor?" :)))

images

In a shocking result, a much weaker, England B ran out 3-1 winners over England A in their practice game at Villa Park today, Spurs' striker Jermain Defoe scored two goals in the first 10 ten minutes and the advantage was tripled by a gorgeous freekick from Everton left-back Leighton Baines. Baines' teammate at Goodison Park, Phil Jagielka headed a Wayne Rooney into the top corner right at end to give some consolation for England A.

After the game, Defoe, who has been left out of the 23 man squad for Euro2012 was seen pointing and jeering at England manager, Canistani Hero.

images

images

images

Steven Gerrard has claimed he is willing to play on right flank during Euro2012 to allow Frank Lampard to fit into the team.

images

Halwa Puri legends manager has criticised CH for dropping Defoe.

Defoe has been playing some great football, and at one point was scoring goals for fun for HPL. He deserved to be leading the attack. Rooney has just come back from a long injury and may struggle.

HPL manager has asked his board to send all players not involved in the Euro 2012 to Mauritius with their family to enjoy the off season.

Halwa Puri legends manager has criticised CH for dropping Defoe.

Defoe has been playing some great football, and at one point was scoring goals for fun for HPL. He deserved to be leading the attack. Rooney has just come back from a long injury and may struggle.

HPL manager has asked his board to send all players not involved in the Euro 2012 to Mauritius with their family to enjoy the off season.

Defoe might be included if somebody gets injured :farhat

Defoe might be included if somebody gets injured :farhat

I got a text from him today

"Thanks Guv, needed this break after the disappointment of the Euros. Felt good to score a few goals against the boys and show the "manager" what I can do"

"See you at pre season"

England manager Canistani Hero revealed Rio Ferdinand will not take part in the Lions' opening fixture against Montenegro on Thursday due to a thigh strain. Everton's Phil Jagielka is set to deputize in the heart of a defense. Ferdinand, however should be fit to face for England's other games against Russia and Spain.

images

Danny Welbeck has voiced his frustration at having to sit out during England's training drill. Welbeck is reportedly being punished by Hero for missing a training session following a late night-out in Poznan. United's forward is set to be axed from England's XI for the opening fixture in a move which means Wayne Rooney will be playing as the lone striker.

images

England manager Canistani Hero made a bold move by announcing his starting XI against Spain on the eve of the game. Hero revealed Manchester United centreback Rio Ferdinand is fully fit and will be replacing Everton's Phil Jagielka.

The only other change is Theo Walcott being replaced by former United midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

images

Back