[EXCLUSIVE] "I’ve really enjoyed my 3 Tests and hope that I get more call-ups in future": Mir Hamza

Seems like a lot of our pacers only find out how much difference there is between Tests and QeA when they actually play test cricket. This is the first time Hamza has looked like Hamza of QeA trophy.
Hopefully now he'll what he needs to do to be successful in international cricket.

That's why it's better in home series pitches are prepared that have pace and bounce , with grass left on .

Not like the previous pti chairman who openly said we are scared of England and Australia bowlers so prepared absolute dead wickets which ended up backfiring.

Good bowling wickets were prepared against South africa in 2021 and pakistan won both tests .
The SA wickets werent good, they were also pretty flat but the saffer batting was weak. And the PTI chairman wasnt preparing wickets in Dubai and they were also flat( but got results) and go back to the SL tests in 2008( last tests before the PTI chairman brought back home), which were even flatter than against Aus and Eng. So stop the nonsense that its something in new in PK cricket. I agree on your point about having wickets that give our bowlers a chance because they are pretty useless on flat wickets

If you are a Pakistan cricket fan that is suffering from heartbreak, depression or anything that is bringing you down in life….

Just remember that delivery from Hamza. It will cleanse your mind and soul.
It's moments like that which make the pain, agony, the long rambling rants here about the state of Pakistan cricket worthwhile.

We may yet end up losing this Test. But that visceral feeling of seeing the stumps knocked over and being right in the contest is just magical.

It's moments like that which make the pain, agony, the long rambling rants here about the state of Pakistan cricket worthwhile.

We may yet end up losing this Test. But that visceral feeling of seeing the stumps knocked over and being right in the contest is just magical.
Exactly man, I’m so proud of this guy. He has brought legitimacy to the Pakistan domestic circuit just with this beautiful spell.

All cricketers who have toiled in Pakistan year on year should be proud of this performance by Hamza.

good bowler with decent control on line and length, gets it to swing but has been called up too late.

its time we start selecting horses for different courses guys like hamza or abbas should always be called up for tours like England

Wow Mir Hamza's economy was just 1.76 after 18 overs. He took 4/32! He created pressure and took wickets. Glad that he has finally shown his tallents in the international arena.

I guess these 6 wickets should bring his average down from 200

Mir Hamza finally having a good game. His first 2 games didn't go well but he comeback with 6 wickets and did well for his team.

Mir Hamza's Bowling Review (2nd Test vs Australia):

Wickets 6, Ave 13.83, and econ 2.06, which is the best among all other Pakistani bowlers.

Best economy rate for Pakistan in an innings, which is 1.76, and second-best strike rate in an innings for Pakistan, which is 27.25.

And a magical delivery to dismiss Travis Head for a duck.

I don't want to overhype Hamza, I do agree that he would need helpful wickets to be of much use, but it's still nice to see a guy who has produced the goods in domestic cricket for a while now show his worth at the highest level.

Also nice to see a guy who can pitch the ball in good areas and get some swing both ways without giving too many cheap runs to release the pressure likee most Pakistan quicks do.

I don’t care how many wickets he took, 122ks is just too damn slow.

I can accept pace is not everything but we’ve got to have minimum standards. 122k is pathetic - get it up to 130 at least. It might have had some surprise factor in this match with the Aussies playing it a bit early, but it’s not going to last.

He’ll be cannon fodder soon. They could bring him for one match vs every new opponent, but that’s it.

Feed these guys more meat man. The pace is embarassing

I don’t care how many wickets he took, 122ks is just too damn slow.

I can accept pace is not everything but we’ve got to have minimum standards. 122k is pathetic - get it up to 130 at least. It might have had some surprise factor in this match with the Aussies playing it a bit early, but it’s not going to last.

He’ll be cannon fodder soon. They could bring him for one match vs every new opponent, but that’s it.

Feed these guys more meat man. The pace is embarassing
Like what happened to Mohammad Abbas

Mir Hamza's Bowling Review (2nd Test vs Australia):

Wickets 6, Ave 13.83, and econ 2.06, which is the best among all other Pakistani bowlers.

Best economy rate for Pakistan in an innings, which is 1.76, and second-best strike rate in an innings for Pakistan, which is 27.25.

And a magical delivery to dismiss Travis Head for a duck.
As long as he keeps bowling well and putting up numbers like these I could care less if his pace was even 110kph, pace is overrated

All this pace talk will go into the grave when he starts taking wickets like he did in the 2nd test match. He has the skills to succeed at this format, he can do it without any express pace, and I will take it.

He got wickets and he controlled the temper pluss he took a good job a satisfactory tour so far.

Did okay on a pitch that was tailor made for him with overcast conditions as well. Should still be dropped in favour of Wasim for the next test.

All this pace talk will go into the grave when he starts taking wickets like he did in the 2nd test match. He has the skills to succeed at this format, he can do it without any express pace, and I will take it.
There are levels. No one is asking for express pace. As an international bowler you need to be able to get it to 80mph/130k.

No bowler has had sustained success operating at 122k.

Last edited by a moderator:
How valuable was Mir Hamza'S contribution yesterday? Can he do some magic with ball too this morning🤔🤔
_20240104_015441.JPG

He's been so good. Keeping it tight, exerting pressure, and making it difficult for the Australians to truly get away.

Best pacer on tour

2nd best was Khurram

3rd best was Jamal

4th best Shaheen

Mir Hamza should be in the ODI team as well

Better option than Rauf and Hassan. He’s a more skilled bowler than Shaheen as well

Best bowler to play for Pakistan in the last 10 years if we are not counting Amir

Bowling with such accuracy, swung the ball both ways and has troubled everyone on a flat SCG pitch

If Mir Hamza was invested in like Shaheen than I can guarantee we would have won at least 3/4 of the games we lost but alas the management choose hyper over talent

Mir Hamza should be in the ODI team as well

Better option than Rauf and Hassan. He’s a more skilled bowler than Shaheen as well
Yeah, he can swing it both ways which is really threatening. And now, he bowls at the same pace as Shaheen

Yeah, he can swing it both ways which is really threatening. And now, he bowls at the same pace as Shaheen
Hamza is a 83-87mph bowler in white ball cricket

The speeds in general are down in this series for all bowlers

Mir Hamza has taken 7 wickets (21 average, 2.3 economy) across 2 Test Matches in this 3 Test Match series against Australia. He has been phenomenal in terms of bowling average, economy, and swinging the ball in this series. The delivery that bowled Travis Head for a duck was remarkable. I certainly see him as the backbone of Pakistan's bowling attack in Test cricket. I hope he will not get dropped in the next series. Let him play.

Mir Hamza has taken 7 wickets (21 average, 2.3 economy) across 2 Test Matches in this 3 Test Match series against Australia. He has been phenomenal in terms of bowling average, economy, and swinging the ball in this series. The delivery that bowled Travis Head for a duck was remarkable. I certainly see him as the backbone of Pakistan's bowling attack in Test cricket. I hope he will not get dropped in the next series. Let him play.
@Major your thoughts?

@Savak what do your sources say about this performance?

@Major your thoughts?

@Savak what do your sources say about this performance?
His pace is a major concern.

One of the reasons why Abbas fell out was because he slowed down, even though he had the talent to play more games but in his last few games his pace suggested that he cant threaten the opposition that much.

Mir Hamza bowled better than all the bowlers on this tour, but he will be two test games away from being dropped.

he can swing it away but can he swing it back in against the right hand batters.

His pace is a major concern.

One of the reasons why Abbas fell out was because he slowed down, even though he had the talent to play more games but in his last few games his pace suggested that he cant threaten the opposition that much.

Mir Hamza bowled better than all the bowlers on this tour, but he will be two test games away from being dropped.
Abbas didnt really swing the ball he relied more on line and length.

Abbas didnt really swing the ball he relied more on line and length.
In england he moved it well. But soon without pace he was exposed.

If you gonna bowl slow and move the ball minimim speed should be 130

Mir Hamza from SNGPL was on fire, grabbing 4 wickets for just 53 runs against HEC on Day 2 in the seventh round of the President's Trophy 2023-24. His stellar performance played a crucial role in limiting HEC to 257 all out.

He's very underrated this guy

Never picked during his peak when he was a tad quicker.

Been persisting with hasan ali for too long at the expense of some domestic stalwarts.

Mir Hamza, while interacting with the media on the sidelines of the Kings’ training session at the picturesque Multan Cricket Stadium:

“Definitely, team combination is very crucial to any side and in any form of cricket. Team combination is only formed when you win matches in the beginning. So, this time our combination, the way our team is gelled, I think it’s very good and by the will of Almighty Allah, we will strive for a win from the very first match."

“Our team’s pace attack this year is well-balanced, featuring Hasan Ali and me, as well as some really good all-rounders – Anwar Ali and Tabraiz. Therefore, our bowling attack is very strong, and our aim is to gain positive momentum and rhythm from the first match.”

“Look, there is no guarantee in T20 format. So, you can’t predict about any team regardless of how many matches it has won in the past."

“No doubt, Multan is a wonderful team and it is their home ground as well but still, I would say that it is a T20 format and our team is very strong, be it bowling or batting, so, we will give them a tough time."

Mir Hamza is on fire for Karachi Kings, securing three crucial wickets against Peshawar Zalmi – Muhammad Haris, Babar Azam, and Aamir Jamal in PSL 9. He is truly a remarkable bowler, lacking the sheer pace but compensating with excellent swing and variation.

He finished with figures of 3/28 in 4 overs.

Really looks like Mir Hamza as Clark Kent vs Mir Hamza as Superman

Ij2lz9H.png

Mir Hamza showing his worth in T20 as well. Getting good swing and hitting the right lengths. If he does well here, he might be considered for the WC.

zsnzUe6.png

jIMoH0w.png

I think he is one of the best bowlers we have in current times. His slow ball variations are flawless.He reminds me of Mohammad Asif.

For Karachi Kings, he has figures of 2/31 in 4 overs against Lahore Qalandars.

Last edited:
He's been superb with the new ball so far at PSL9.

Lovely shape to his bowling and very accurate.

Hamza Mir in post match press conference today shared his views regarding his bowling:

"If you have seen my bowling in the previous PSL seasons, you would have noticed that I wasn't good before and honestly I worked a lot on it and improved my bowling greatly at death overs as you do need variations and accuracy at death overs. So obviously when you perform well you do become the prime bowler for your side."

It was a wonderful spell from this left-arm quick. His red ball game is helping his surely.

----------------------

MIR HAMZA CREDITS TEAM-EFFORT FOR VICTORY OVER LAHORE QALANDARS

Karachi Kings’ left-arm pace bowler Mir Hamza has attributed the team’s thrilling victory against Lahore Qalandars to the combined team effort.

Karachi Kings edged past Lahore Qalandars in a dramatic HBL PSL 9 clash at Gaddafi Stadium yesterday courtesy of a clinical bowling performance and Kieron Pollard’s blistering half-century.

Mir Hamza, who took the winning single off the last ball, opened up during the post-match press conference about the plan before facing the final ball.

“It was a high-pressure situation but the plan was to not play a lofty shot and go for a ground shot,” said Hamza.

The 31-year-old pacer also commented on the atmosphere at Lahore Qalandar’s home ground, Gaddafi Stadium.

“It is Lahore’s home ground and the crowd was supporting them fully. I enjoyed playing against a full house and performing in such a high-intensity situation,” he expressed.

Mir Hamza, along with Hasan Ali and Tabraiz Shamsi grabbed two wickets each to restrict Lahore Qalandars to 175-6.

Meanwhile, Pollard and Shoaib Malik were the major contributors with the bat, scoring 58 and 39 respectively.

“Our team effort is the reason for our success as our batters and bowlers are all contributing together. The collective effort has benefited the team,” Hamza remarked.

He also thanked the team management of Karachi Kings for entrusting him with his role as an attacking bowler.

“The management has given me the responsibility to attack, so I am bowling according to my role and trying my best to fulfil the team’s expectations,” he added.

“I would like to give credit to the team management for keeping the environment healthy which brings the best out of every player.”

SOURCE: https://karachikings.com.pk/mir-hamza-credits-team-effort-for-victory-over-lahore-qalandars/

Glamorgan are delighted to announce that Pakistan International seamer Mir Hamza has signed as an overseas player for the beginning of the 2024 season.

The 31-year-old left-arm quick will bring a wealth of experience to the squad and will be available for the Club for the first seven County Championship fixtures.

Hamza has played in five Test matches for his country, with his best bowling figures being 4/32 in the Boxing Day Test against Australia in 2023.

He has taken 434 wickets in first-class cricket at an average of just over 22, and has a similarly stellar record in T20 cricket, averaging 29 with the ball with his best figures being 4/9.

On his signing for Glamorgan, Hamza said: “I am thrilled to be joining Glamorgan for the County Championship this summer.

“It will be exciting to work with Grant again after working with him with Pakistan, and I can’t wait to join up with the squad, get to training and help this great Club push for a positive start to the season.

“I have heard many great things about Cardiff from my teammates who played there last summer and look forward to meeting all of the supporters.”

Head Coach Grant Bradburn said: “As Coach, I am excited for our group to add such an experienced performer in Mir Hamza.

“Having worked with Mir previously in Pakistan, I have full confidence that Mir will add huge value to our team both on and off the field.”

Director of Cricket, Mark Wallace, said: “It’s excellent news that Mir has agreed to join us at the start of the season. He’s an international bowler with a fine record and previous experience in County cricket. We’re looking forward to welcoming him to Cardiff.”

Glamorgan are delighted to announce that Pakistan International seamer Mir Hamza has signed as an overseas player for the beginning of the 2024 season.

The 31-year-old left-arm quick will bring a wealth of experience to the squad and will be available for the Club for the first seven County Championship fixtures.

Hamza has played in five Test matches for his country, with his best bowling figures being 4/32 in the Boxing Day Test against Australia in 2023.

He has taken 434 wickets in first-class cricket at an average of just over 22, and has a similarly stellar record in T20 cricket, averaging 29 with the ball with his best figures being 4/9.

On his signing for Glamorgan, Hamza said: “I am thrilled to be joining Glamorgan for the County Championship this summer.

“It will be exciting to work with Grant again after working with him with Pakistan, and I can’t wait to join up with the squad, get to training and help this great Club push for a positive start to the season.

“I have heard many great things about Cardiff from my teammates who played there last summer and look forward to meeting all of the supporters.”

Head Coach Grant Bradburn said: “As Coach, I am excited for our group to add such an experienced performer in Mir Hamza.

“Having worked with Mir previously in Pakistan, I have full confidence that Mir will add huge value to our team both on and off the field.”

Director of Cricket, Mark Wallace, said: “It’s excellent news that Mir has agreed to join us at the start of the season. He’s an international bowler with a fine record and previous experience in County cricket. We’re looking forward to welcoming him to Cardiff.”

He deserves it. Wish him a fantastic season in county cricket.

Mir Hamza couldn't take enough wickets for Glamorgan. In the first innings against Derbyshire, he only managed 1 wicket off 41 overs in 16 overs in county 2024.

1/55 in 11 overs for Mir Hamza while playing for Glamorgan against Yorkshire. Hamza was one of the best bowler for his side today against Shan Masood led Yorkshire but still this wasn't enough for his side as Yorkshire strengthened their position significantly against Glamorgan at the end of today's proceddings.

What a bowling spell bowled by Mir Hamza tonight, took 4/70 against sussex to blowl them out to 278 runs.

Mir Hamza is not going to play in the county championship game for Glamorgan against Middlesex starting later today.

He was the pick of the bowler in the last game against Sussex but he has now been replaced by Marnus Labuschagne in the squad.

Whenever I see this guy bowling, I always think that we have lost a gem who could have been the greatest red ball bowler for Pakistan.

We have lost his prime!

Back