[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

I have forgotten more cricket than you will ever learn.

Rizwan and Babar score runs quicker than Saim Ayub does in PP and they score as quickly as Fakhar did when he opened for Pakistan.

If you knew anything about cricket, and if you had watched Fakhar open in T20s, you would never advocate for him to open in the format again. He is beyond hopeless and Babar and Rizwan have done much better than him as openers.

Pakistan lost the game because of Imad Wasim. As simple as that. He proved himself to be the fraud that he is.

You cannot compare India’s last 7 overs with the bat with Pakistan’s. Let me educate you why.

Indian batsmen misread the pitch and they kept going for shots even though they were not coming off.

Pakistan saw what happened to India in the second half and they should have learned from that.

Rizwan played a pathetic shot vs Bumrah, it was totally needless. All he needed to do was to continue what he was doing for another three overs and Pakistan would have won.

Fakhar always had no business playing that shot, but he proved himself to be the idiot that he is 90% of the time and it is that other 10% that has saved his career.

In spite of those two dismissals, Pakistan was in a comfortable situation because there was no run rate pressure. All Imad had to do was rotate the strike and pick up the odd boundary and Pakistan would have won with 6-7 balls to spare.

But Imad did not learn from the failures of Indian batsmen in the last 7 overs, he did not learn from their approach and neither did he learn from the dismissals of Rizwan and Fakhar.

He panicked and he started going for shots which he couldn’t pull off. He wasted 4 balls vs Axar Patel because he tried to hit boundaries and failed. He kept trying the same thing over and over again but it was not coming off.

If Imad was the calm, cool and sensible player that his deluded fans claim he is, he would not have choked the way he did today.

This is the exact situation that his fans claimed that he would prove himself in and help Pakistan win matches. It was the perfect equation for him.

There was no reason and no excuse for his failure today.

It was beyond pathetic how he played. One of the ugliest innings we have ever seen and it completely exposed the myths and glorifications of his skills as a cricketer and this will be remembered as his defining legacy. This will not be forgotten.

You're holding onto stats from 2015 just to push your agenda talk about the current form and performance, going by your theory lets bring back wasim akram, and imran khan because once upon a time they were decent players.

Talking about powerplay strike rates, Fakhar strikes at over 170 in the powerplay, while Rizwan is only in the 120s over the last two years.

Blaming Imad for everything because 11 imads were batting. The issue was that the pitch was challenging, and the only way to take advantage was during the powerplay when there was only 2 fielders outside the 30 yard circle, just like how India did. scored 50 runs in 6 overs and remaining 69 in 14 overs.

Saying the Indians misread the pitch is laughable. They've been practicing on this pitch since they arrived, played warm-ups on it, and even faced Ireland here. still they misread the pitch, what a joke

You're holding onto stats from 2015 just to push your agenda talk about the current form and performance, going by your theory lets bring back wasim akram, and imran khan because once upon a time they were decent players.

Talking about powerplay strike rates, Fakhar strikes at over 170 in the powerplay, while Rizwan is only in the 120s over the last two years.

Blaming Imad for everything because 11 imads were batting. The issue was that the pitch was challenging, and the only way to take advantage was during the powerplay when there was only 2 fielders outside the 30 yard circle, just like how India did. scored 50 runs in 6 overs and remaining 69 in 14 overs.

Saying the Indians misread the pitch is laughable. They've been practicing on this pitch since they arrived, played warm-ups on it, and even faced Ireland here. still they misread the pitch, what a joke
imad got straight deliveries. Stop posting this bs aboust pitch being difficult for gods sake. Axar patel was not spinning the ball. Those were 5 straight delvieries that Imad played as dot.

imad got straight deliveries. Stop posting this bs aboust pitch being difficult for gods sake. Axar patel was not spinning the ball. Those were 5 straight delvieries that Imad played as dot.
you don't have the intellect to discuss pitches and the outfield you carry on cheerleading Rizwan,babar and chacha ifti

rameez waqar all were saying the outfield was slow the ball was just not traveling to the boundary

It was a poor knock by Imad but he bowled well.

My issue is this.

If Imad didn't play, Shadab would have bowled and leaked runs and Azam Khan would have got his customary duck.

So not sure, how Imad batting poorly was the sole reason Pakistan lost this match, when his bowling is the reason Pakistan were probably chasing 20 less (Shadab leaks like a flood).

you don't have the intellect to discuss pitches and the outfield you carry on cheerleading Rizwan,babar and chacha ifti

rameez waqar all were saying the outfield was slow the ball was just not traveling to the boundary
So you talk about my intellect and than all of a sudden make a post on the reason why Imad was MISSING against Axar was because of a slow outfield.

Do reread your post maybe

Axars over had to go. The bowler was darting it. He just camped back and bottled it. Missed four half trackers on the trot

Facing straight deliveries and missing them has nothing to do with the outfield. Imad could not even connect bat to ball.

😂😂😂
like if rizwan and babar connect every ball

rizwan 13 dot balls and strike rate as 70 and he's a premium batsmen that's more funnier :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It was a poor knock by Imad but he bowled well.

My issue is this.

If Imad didn't play, Shadab would have bowled and leaked runs and Azam Khan would have got his customary duck.

So not sure, how Imad batting poorly was the sole reason Pakistan lost this match, when his bowling is the reason Pakistan were probably chasing 20 less (Shadab leaks like a flood).
so see, in other threads you are pretending that Imad is at fault but than are quick to defend him.

IMAD CAME IN TO BAT AT NO.5. Imad was batting in the middle order. Imad came in to bat when 45 was needed off 45. Imad came into bat when Axar Patel had 2 overs left. Imad came in to bat when Hardik Pandya had overs left.

Where do you want me to stop?

Imad made statements in media that except for opening and one down, he can bat at any position.

like if rizwan and babar connect every ball

rizwan 13 dot balls and strike rate as 70 and he's a premium batsmen that's more funnier :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Babar scored 7 off 27 runs vs USA at one point.

At the end of 9th over against USA, he was on 9 runs as an opener LOL.

And they consider him world class.

Axars over had to go. The bowler was darting it. He just camped back and bottled it. Missed four half trackers on the trot
that is the most annoying thing. Those were terrible deliveries by Axar, and it did not even spin. Like had it spun, even that would had made sense, yet when Imad failed to connect, we had @Rana posting what great unplayable delvieries by Axar LOOOOOL

Like to defend their favourites they stoop soo low that they made Axar Patel seem like Shane Warne.

so see, in other threads you are pretending that Imad is at fault but than are quick to defend him.

IMAD CAME IN TO BAT AT NO.5. Imad was batting in the middle order. Imad came in to bat when 45 was needed off 45. Imad came into bat when Axar Patel had 2 overs left. Imad came in to bat when Hardik Pandya had overs left.

Where do you want me to stop?

Imad made statements in media that except for opening and one down, he can bat at any position.

Poor knock by him.

I will keep repeating it.

But I hope, you will have the cojones to call out Babar and Rizwan in the same vein when they play at 90 SR in T20 while opening for Pakistan.

Imad's batting today wasn't poor, it was possibly the worst ever T20i innings history of Pakistan and possibly the world.

Needing a 100 SR, my man is clocking 65 SR while getting beat by throw downs.

It was the perfect moment for him to announce his arrival, but he was departing already. All he had to do was rotate the strike and he blew it royally.

Even though all batters failed, it will be Imad's batting failures that will be remembered.

What an ignominious end.

that is the most annoying thing. Those were terrible deliveries by Axar, and it did not even spin. Like had it spun, even that would had made sense, yet when Imad failed to connect, we had @Rana posting what great unplayable delvieries by Axar LOOOOOL

Like to defend their favourites they stoop soo low that they made Axar Patel seem like Shane Warne.
Why are you lying just like Misbah did when backstabbing Mickey Arthur?

When did I say Axar bowled “unplayable magic deliveries”? All I commented was “beautiful bowling by Axar”. That’s all I said.

What annoyed you was my comment about “you haven’t played cricket”, when you tried to challenge me on it. And I responded by saying ‘it’s the angle he has created (in his trajectory) when bowling to Imad’. That’s what I found impressive. It was indeed excellent, beautiful bowling from a cricket POV by Axar.

You will struggle to understand this because you can only play cricket in your living room

Imad's batting today wasn't poor, it was possibly the worst ever T20i innings history of Pakistan and possibly the world.

Needing a 100 SR, my man is clocking 65 SR while getting beat by throw downs.

It was the perfect moment for him to announce his arrival, but he was departing already. All he had to do was rotate the strike and he blew it royally.

Even though all batters failed, it will be Imad's batting failures that will be remembered.

What an ignominious end.

What do you think of Babar being on 9 runs at the end of 9th over vs USA as an opener?

If we are going to start comparing poor knocks, it's only fair we compare the worst knocks ever.

The guy isn’t a batsman. He’s an allrounder. Good to hit a few at the end. Not to play a proper innings.

We only had three batsmen today who two are too slow and the other inconsistent. Iftikhar might be one on paper, but in reality he doesn’t perform. Usman is too much of a hack. He can be a good hack, but I don’t think he’s the sort of batsman you want at 3. Might work as opener. Otherwise small chance he’ll do something lower down hitter.

We can’t keep playing such a long tail. 1-6 needs to be proper batsmen. 7 a batting allrounder, imad here is fine. 8 ideally needs to be a bowling allrounder, shadab is fine. If bowling really is our strength we don’t need to play extra bowlers instead. Strengthen the batting.

The one thing I will criticise imad is his fitness isn’t up to par which cost singles. But we sadly knew that before we called him up.

There's no point in comparing Imad's failure to Rizwan's failure, both failed. Difference is though Rizwan got beat by a world class bowler, Bumrah, whereas Imad's got beat by Axar, a 3rd tier spinner.

What do you think of Babar being on 9 runs at the end of 9th over vs USA as an opener?

If we are going to start comparing poor knocks, it's only fair we compare the worst knocks ever.
When you're 26/3 you have to stabilise the innings, but sill it was a poor innings but superceded by Imad's innings today.

There's no need to get defensive. Babar has been flopping for time according to you, but Imad in his comeback match blew it and he was meant to be an alternative!

I’ll make it easier for you @Mamoon

Babar will win as many titles that he possibly can if he has Amir and Imad in the same team as him. He can always ride on their success.
Another Gem.

Pakistan is only riding on the failiures of Amir and Imad.

USA match thanks to Amir
India match thanks to Imad

I used to get bashed left, right and centre for defending Imad. I've maintained for the last few years, that whilst this guy might be average/slightly above average in his skills, what makes him standout is his elite mentality and ability to play selflessly for the greater good of his team. He has the self-belief to outperform anyone that's in front of him. He's a fine example of a cricketers who's punched above his weight thanks to his mental courage and toughness.

I'm glad to see a number of posters who were big critics of his finally see the light and embrace him.

It's such a shame to see him excluded in Pakistan's white ball teams because of how Babar mistreated him. But at least, we can now all agree that he's Pakistan's no.1 T20 all-rounder and a must pick for the 2024 WT20.
Damn. Mr. Elite mentality and unselfish player ended up playing at a strike rate of 65.

Rumor has it, he is still trying to dab axar patel to the offside and is still missing.

When you're 26/3 you to stabilise the innings, but sill it was a poor innings but superceded by Imad's innings today.

There's no need to get defensive. Babar has been flopping for time according to you, but Imad in his comeback match blew it and he was meant to be an alternative!

Imad is on his swansong and is sadly, done.

Babar however, yours truly, is supposed to be at his peak and people label him better than Kohli.

So him underperforming everyday is hilarious.

n

Babar however, yours truly, is supposed to be at his peak and people label him better than Kohli.

Bro, no one labels him better than Kohli. Comparisons are done for obvious reasons, but no out there is calling him better than Kohli

Poor knock by him.

I will keep repeating it.

But I hope, you will have the cojones to call out Babar and Rizwan in the same vein when they play at 90 SR in T20 while opening for Pakistan.
Why can't all things be true.

Babar is not a worldclass T20 batter and he bottles big games
Rizwan is not a word class T20 batter but he bottles less in big games
Imad was garbage against a darter and lost us the game with the bat. He bowled well though.

Who said Babar is better than Kohli?

You really have a chip on your shoulder.

You posted it yourself for rizwan, It's a highlighted comment.

Oh yaar, @Major thodi sharam Kar le bro. You have to answer to God one day too for being this dishonest

If I was in shoes, honestly I would be so ashamed to accept a scholarship. Biggest scam in history. It's still not too late for his institution to demand for a refund.

If I was in shoes, honestly I would be so ashamed to accept a scholarship. Biggest scam in history. It's still not too late for his institution to demand for a refund.
I don’t understand what his beef is? It wasn’t us who started to celebrate Pakistan will lose when India were looking set for 160

Imad is not on his swansong because he never sang. He has always been a poor cricketer and I’m happy that he came back so that the myths surrounding his temperament and game awareness get exposed once and for all.

While I wouldn't put the blame entirely on Imad, I feel like he was really disappointing. Especially in that Axar over where he missed three identical balls in a row. It's kinda unbelievable how Pakistan blew it. It was RUN A BALL. All you had to do was rotate the strike and not lose any wickets. And we couldn't do that.

What a garbage cricketer he is vindicated all the genuine fans,

Mr. Salim Malik has other ideas, not sure what you can make of this but you cannot rule this out inexplicable

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe he took revenge today for keeping him out of the team. The way he batted was horrendous and lack of any intent to win the game

i believe he took revenge today for keeping him out of the team. The way he batted was horrendous and lack of any intent to win the game
I have no doubt he lost the game deliberately. He was trying to play every ball between point & cover only just to get single and he even failed in doing that as well. He even refused some singles when Shadab was there at other end. Clearly, this was one of the worst display of batting I have seen in chasing such a small total, his only intent was loose the game and don't let others win it. Even Naseem & Shaheen could have tried to score some boundaries had they came little early.

Bhai ye log intehaa ke besharam hain, let it be.

They are as immature as the hundreds of Babar and Rizwan fans defending them on social media.

I’m not sure what’s the issue with accepting everyone batted quite badly today. Instead we have long essays explaining how unplayable Axar Patel was, when in reality the useless Imad couldn’t get bat to ordinary deliveries angled across him. That’s it.

I don't think he tried to take revenge. He has killed any prestige he has and will be laughed at if he tries to make comments in the media again.

If he took revenge it damaged him just as much as it damaged the team.

Bhai ye log intehaa ke besharam hain, let it be.

They are as immature as the hundreds of Babar and Rizwan fans defending them on social media.

I’m not sure what’s the issue with accepting everyone batted quite badly today. Instead we have long essays explaining how unplayable Axar Patel was, when in reality the useless Imad couldn’t get bat to ordinary deliveries angled across him. That’s it.

I noticed this after Amir bowled the worst super over in T20 history.

The lengths people went to try and justify it was extraordinary.

I don't think he was doing it on purpose. Imad is quite unfit for modern cricket. The guy just can't sprint, he leisurely jogs! The issue with Imad is that he's modelled his cricket around bowling 4 overs very well, that's it. Anything more is a bonus. As long as he bowls his 4 overs tight, he's happy.

He actually called himself the best all-rounder in this world.

Imad “who is better than me?” Wasim

Last edited by a moderator:
Nawaz’s 42 (20) vs India in the 2022 Asia Cup is bigger than Imad’s entire career.

Some more facts that you lot will have to live & die with.

@Rana @mominsaigol @topspin @emranabbas
Mr cricket expert that was a different pitch 🤣

Still upset?

Mamoon banging on for months babar and rizwan should open only to fail when it mattered lol

Now blaming imad on every thread to shift attention from Babar and rizwans rubbish opening innings

Mr cricket expert that was a different pitch 🤣

Still upset?

Mamoon banging on for months babar and rizwan should open only to fail when it mattered lol

Now blaming imad on every thread to shift attention from Babar and rizwans rubbish opening innings
Imad has not produced an innings like that in a pressure game against a big opponent on any pitch.

Please repeat after me:

Nawaz’s 42 (20) vs India in the 2022 Asia Cup is bigger than Imad’s entire career.

Imad has not produced an innings like that in a pressure game against a big opponent on any pitch.

Please repeat after me:

I will also repeat asia cup is bigger than the world cup 🤣

Who was that bowler who got murdered by kohli in the last over

I will also repeat asia cup is bigger than the world cup 🤣

Who was that bowler who got murdered by kohli in the last over
Please repeat after me:

Please repeat after me:

Repeat after me, Mamoon: 'My(Mamoon's) trolling is a desperate attempt to compensate for my own insecurities and shortcomings

Please repeat after me:

I'll beg to differ...I was in Headingly when Imad got us over the line in the 2019 World Cup in the pressure cauldron game that was against the Afghanis...before that I didn't rate him much...though yesterday was a dismal effort...but what amazes me is how Chacha keeps evading the majority of criticism of being the so called finisher when he has never finished a game for Pakistan...I was there in 2016 at the he Oval when he made his test debut (where he already looked like he was in his mid 30s)...he was average at best then and has only gone from bad to worse...and yet, he still makes it to his 3rd World Cup!

Please repeat after me:

Nawaz also won tri series final against New Zealand at Christchurch in 2022 when he scored 38(22). I don't remember if Imad has won any big match for Pakistan

Played his first game in MLC 2024 for the Seattle Orcas and could not do much TBH. Scored pathetic 3 runs off 10 balls while batting and bowled just 1 over for 4 runs.

His team lost eventually.

Failed in the batting again, scoring 4 runs off 6 balls against Washington Freedom in the MLC 2024 game today.

Bowled well so far, 3 overs 22 runs, and 1 wicket as well.

Hasn't been able to produce any batting masterclass since his comeback to the international cricket.

Had a good day playing for the Seattle Orcas in MLC 2024 against the San Francisco Unicorns. 4 over 20 runs and 1 wicket and also scored 17 off 11 with the bat.

His team eventually lost the game though and are out of the tournament now.

Imad Wasim had a bad day with bat in The Hundred, he scored only 4 runs against Manchester Originals after facing 7 deliveries.

Last edited:
In The Hundred 2024 match, Trent Rockets' Imad Wasim had a subdued performance, scoring just 2*(3) with the bat and conceding 21 runs without taking a wicket off 20 balls with the ball, as his team succumbed to a 2-wicket defeat against Southern Brave.

Lol

Pakistan lost 2-0 against Bangladesh at home with Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen featuring in the series

I’m the last person anyone should be trolling :ROFLMAO:

Back