[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

@topspin

I remember I had an argument with mamoon on Imam as well, he kept telling me how Pakistan 2023 was far superior to pak 2019 wc and how imam was 100x an improved player over his 2019 days and how imam is a great opener in an already talentless nation

I kept telling him how imam's fitness had declined given his weight, how imam's rate of making centuries declined, how imam would flop in 2023 very badly and mamoon outright denied everything.

Then come 2023, imam flopped hard, and Mamoon's excuse was, well other teams are stronger now, which is ironic, since literally 1 week prior he never brought this up.

Even now with the whole different time, different place excuse.

Edit: Reason I posted this is because during this talk and time he was critising babar and I distinctly remember him doing so while praising imam, as well as praising imad, now it’s the opposite.
2023 Pakistan was better than 2019 Pakistan. The fact that they didn’t perform well is a separate issue.

England also didn’t perform well in the 2023 World Cup. It doesn’t mean that they were a bad team.

Small things can have a big impact on the outcome. Pakistan suffered because of Babar and Imam’s poor form and also because Babar died over the Shadab and Nawaz hill because he made it an ego issue.

Babar should have given Abrar a chance when it became obvious that Shadab and Nawaz are in terrible form. Abrar has a difficult action and he is not easy to play especially for a first-timers, so he could have had an impact in a tournament environment.

Nonetheless, Babar has emerged from the World Cup as a better captain and we saw tactical improvement in the PSL. I am comfortable with him leading Pakistan into another ICC tournament.

2023 Pakistan was better than 2019 Pakistan. The fact that they didn’t perform well is a separate issue.

England also didn’t perform well in the 2023 World Cup. It doesn’t mean that they were a bad team.

Small things can have a big impact on the outcome. Pakistan suffered because of Babar and Imam’s poor form and also because Babar died over the Shadab and Nawaz hill because he made it an ego issue.

Babar should have given Abrar a chance when it became obvious that Shadab and Nawaz are in terrible form. Abrar has a difficult action and he is not easy to play especially for a first-timers, so he could have had an impact in a tournament environment.

Nonetheless, Babar has emerged from the World Cup as a better captain and we saw tactical improvement in the PSL. I am comfortable with him leading Pakistan into another ICC tournament.
You literally contradicted yourself.

If those 2 had poor forms while in 2019 they didn't, that automatically proves 2023 team was weaker coupled with the form of shadab and nawaz.

The abrar point doesn't matter, he wasn't in the 2023 team so he can't be used as a metric.

2019 team was stronger, deal with it.

An ordinary player can outperform a superior player in a given match, series, tournament etc.

Both Imad and Babar made their debuts in the same year (2015).

10 years later, when you look at where Babar is and where Imad is, it is clear to see that Babar has outclassed Imad in 90% of the matches that they played together.
One is a top order bat, the other is an allrounder. They don't equate.

Then why are people comparing Babar and Imad in this thread?

There is no comparison.
Because their are political reasons behind it.

Imad believes babar purposely kicked him out of the team out of personal hatred and this fact has never been confirmed although their is reason behind it as babar stubbornly refused to include abrar and included shadab and nawaz instead. But the inad incident hasn't been confirmed entirely.

Regardless though imad had reason to believe so he went to the media to publicly tally all the wrong babar has ever done as well as critise babar as a player.

Babar more or less stayed silent but imad got booed by the media and the fans, and theirs suspicion but not 100% confirmation that Bobby orchestrated it.

Afterwards imad became the hero of the psl and more fuel was added to the 🔥 as those who believe babar kicked him out has caused a bigger more intense fued between the 2.

As for the fans, the fans love babar, he's currently the most popular cricketer excluding the past legends like shahid afridi ofcourse, but Bobby is defo the most popular cricketer defo playing rn, so any negative press is always met with harsh reaction.

However after imad silenced the pindi crowd now theirs equal heat on the 2.

But yes it's basically a political war that has spilled into bloodshed on pretty much every forumn, newspaper, multimedia, Google search engine etc.

Babar more or less stayed silent but imad got booed by the media and the fans, and theirs suspicion but not 100% confirmation that Bobby orchestrated it.
I’ve not heard this anywhere. How would Babar orchestrate this? I don’t think Babar was going to the crowd before and telling them to boo and if so what is this suspicion based upon?

I’ve not heard this anywhere. How would Babar orchestrate this? I don’t think Babar was going to the crowd before and telling them to boo and if so what is this suspicion based upon?
Nothing, no evidence, go on twitter and you'll find multiple amounts of claims such as these.

This war has gone to basically conspiracy ufo theories at this point.

Imad and Babar themselves don't have as much animosity as the public has made it out to be though.

One is a top order bat, the other is an allrounder. They don't equate.
We are talking about who is a better player in their respective roles. It is a given that they are different players. What next - sky is blue?

If I ask you who is a better cricketer - Imran Khan or Imam-ul-Haq, would you say that don’t equate?

Babar the batsman is a thousand times better player than Imad the all-rounder.

You literally contradicted yourself.

If those 2 had poor forms while in 2019 they didn't, that automatically proves 2023 team was weaker coupled with the form of shadab and nawaz.

The abrar point doesn't matter, he wasn't in the 2023 team so he can't be used as a metric.

2019 team was stronger, deal with it.
First learn what “literally” means. Then learn the difference between skills and form.

Babar and Imam (skill-wise) were/are better batsman now than they were 5 years ago. The fact that they were in poor form in the World Cup is a separate issue.

2023 Pakistan will comfortably beat 2019 Pakistan over the course of a series.

First learn what “literally” means. Then learn the difference between skills and form.

Babar and Imam (skill-wise) were/are better batsman now than they were 5 years ago. The fact that they were in poor form in the World Cup is a separate issue.

Just admit you were wrong fam, everyone meets their superior 😶‍🌫️

We are talking about who is a better player in their respective roles. It is a given that they are different players. What next - sky is blue?

If I ask you who is a better cricketer - Imran Khan or Imam-ul-Haq, would you say that don’t equate?

Babar the batsman is a thousand times better player than Imad the all-rounder.
Imad is ironically superior in his retrospective role then Bobby is lol.

2023 Pakistan team will lose 5-0 to the 2019 Pakistan team

Your really pushing it. The 2023 team has no proper middle-lower order. And their bowlers are pure run machines lol

Your really pushing it. The 2023 team has no proper middle-lower order. And their bowlers are pure run machines lol

It's not even worthy of comparison.

2019 team:

1. Fakhar
2. Imam
3. Babar
4. Harris Sohail (class player)
5. Malik
6. Hafeez
7. Sarfaraz
8. Imad
9. Wahab
10. Shaheen
11. Amir

V

1. Abdullah
2. Imam
3. Babar
4. Rizwan (hahaahahhahahaahahahaha)
5. Saud
6. Salman Agha
7. Shadab
8. Nawaz
9. Shaheen
10. Rauf
11. Wasim Jr

Yeah we all know why one team has THE WORST ever World Cup campaign in the history of Pakistan cricket and that too in the sub continent. The 2019 team had some ODI guns for Pakistan with the bat and ball. It actually had a proper middle order and proper bowlers who knew how to bowl 10 overs for 40-55 runs, not the run machines that have a standard performance of 6-10 runs per over in each match

It's not even worthy of comparison.
His argument doesn't even make sense.

He's basically said

2023 team is superior to 2019 but because imam and babar in 2023 had lost form, and because babar had an ego problem in selecting shadab and nawaz over abrar, that means that a hypothetical inform 2023 team would be 100x superior to 2019 team 🤣🤣.

Bro hypothetically I could give 2019 team and inform babar who's been amped to the levels of bradman and give the team chuck ajmal as well.

Nonsense argument.

The fact that you and @mominsaigol are being dismissive of an unbeaten 101* in a 238 run chase on a slow and sluggish pitch because the SR was below 80 shows that you know absolutely nothing about cricket but we know that already.

Whether a SR is low or high entirely depends on the context of the match. On that pitch, Pakistan needed one of its top four batsmen to bat through the innings. This is exactly what New Zealand top order failed to do.

Babar absorbed pressure like a sponge and him arriving to the crease in the 3rd over and batting through the end was the reason why Pakistan won the match, but fools obsessed with SRs won’t understand the value of the innings.

A 50 in 40 balls would have been a useless innings in that context and Pakistan would have lost the match.

Haris also played an excellent innings and you may not understand this but batting partnerships work in pairs. Babar’ resilience allows Haris to play with freedom; if Babar had been dismissed, Haris would have had to play anchor and someone else would have been tasked with playing a counterpunch innings.

I've already acknowledged that this is a good innings which is worthy of a score of 8 out of 10, however the issues here are:
  • Firstly, you're making sound as if this is one of a kind world class/ATG innings when the truth is far lesser players have produced better knocks.
  • We all know you're only making a big deal out of this hundred is because you don’t have anything else that’s worthy of mention when it comes to Babar's batting, which speaks volumes about his lack of impact, selfishness and all the times he's choked on the big stage
  • We can't forget all those times you used to bash Mobashir when he was in awe of this innings, so why are you taking a leaf out of his book now all of a sudden?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already acknowledged that this is a good innings which is worthy of a score of 8 out of 10, however the issues here are:
  • Firstly, you're making sound as if this is one of a kind world class/ATG innings when the truth is far lesser players have produced better knocks.
  • We all know you're only making a big deal out of this hundred is because you don’t have anything else that’s worthy of mention when it comes to Babar's batting, which speaks volumes about his lack of impact, selfishness and all the times he's choked on the big stage
  • We can't forget all those times you used to bash Mobashir when he was in awe of this innings, so why are you taking a leaf out of his book now all of a sudden?

Now let's not get so triggered, we know it's been a painful week or so after your bum boy got knocked out by Imad, but don't get your knickers in a twist.

Responses

- I could give you dozen world class innings but an ignoramus like you, won't acknowledge it.
- No, babar also made a 150 against the mighty Nepal.
- Different time, different place, different reality.

Responses

- I could give you dozen world class innings but an ignoramus like you, won't acknowledge it.
- No, babar also made a 150 against the mighty Nepal.
- Different time, different place, different reality.

Don't forget "Babar is like a Ferrari".

Babar has got under the skin of many people and he is being discussed everywhere. Every thread has Babar's discussion that is irrelevant.

This thread is also about Imad but you guys keep discussing Babar here.

I guess, it is time to get back to the topic for real.

The reaction Imad wanted from the fans was not forthcoming. He wanted some uproar demanding him to return :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . There is nothing to take back because he never retired in the first place. Most likely, he won't be in the T20 squad for the coming WC that could lead to his proper retirement. Poor Imad, he spat at the sky that landed back on his face:p

2023 Pakistan has a better bowling attack and a better top-order. They beat 2019 Pakistan with ease.

2018-19 Pakistan lost 32 out of 40 ODIs vs the top sides that they played in that period. It is one of the worst ODI sides Pakistan has ever produced.

The reaction Imad wanted from the fans was not forthcoming. He wanted some uproar demanding him to return :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . There is nothing to take back because he never retired in the first place. Most likely, he won't be in the T20 squad for the coming WC that could lead to his proper retirement. Poor Imad, he spat at the sky that landed back on his face:p
They came back to get Imad because of his experience in CPL. Azam and Amir will most likely be in the World Cup squad too.

2019 team:

1. Fakhar
2. Imam
3. Babar
4. Harris Sohail (class player)
5. Malik
6. Hafeez
7. Sarfaraz
8. Imad
9. Wahab
10. Shaheen
11. Amir

V

1. Abdullah
2. Imam
3. Babar
4. Rizwan (hahaahahhahahaahahahaha)
5. Saud
6. Salman Agha
7. Shadab
8. Nawaz
9. Shaheen
10. Rauf
11. Wasim Jr

Yeah we all know why one team has THE WORST ever World Cup campaign in the history of Pakistan cricket and that too in the sub continent. The 2019 team had some ODI guns for Pakistan with the bat and ball. It actually had a proper middle order and proper bowlers who knew how to bowl 10 overs for 40-55 runs, not the run machines that have a standard performance of 6-10 runs per over in each match
But who asked the 2019 team with ODI guns to lose 32 out of 40 ODIs vs the top sides in 2018-2019 including an 8 match losing streak that threatened Undertaker’s Wrestlemania streak?

It was a great innings and the fact that you rate it below Imad’s fluke cameo vs Afghanistan where he was plumb LBW and also clueless vs their spinners before Gulbadin handed the match to him on a platter shows that you are driving an agenda here.

But then again, why should I be surprised when you were caught glorifying and hyping up Imad’s garbage innings in the CT final where he scored 25 in 21 balls in the death overs, including only 7 of his last 10.

His slow innings on a dead pitch vs deflated bowlers was the reason why Pakistan failed to score 350 and subsequently failed to achieve the milestone of beating India by 200+ runs.

But who asked the 2019 team with ODI guns to lose 32 out of 40 ODIs vs the top sides in 2018-2019 including an 8 match losing streak that threatened Undertaker’s Wrestlemania streak?
Who asked the 2023 team to never have 40 matches against the top sides with their full strength teams? They will lose all 40 if not 39. That’s what the 2023 World Cup evidence suggests. They lost to Australia at a time when they were on the ropes, the lost to England when everyone else got one over them, the lost to South Africa who until recently have been bottling it against Pakistan in ICC tournaments.

Pakistan 2023 can only compete with Sri Lanka, West Indies and Bangladesh

That’s their level.

Now, the cherry on the top would be the return of Sharjeel. The big boss opener of Pakistan!

But the guy has been struggling of late tbf

imam and babar are always in poor form when it comes to major tournaments but when it comes to minnow teams they magically get back in form

It was a great innings and the fact that you rate it below Imad’s fluke cameo vs Afghanistan where he was plumb LBW and also clueless vs their spinners before Gulbadin handed the match to him on a platter shows that you are driving an agenda here.

But then again, why should I be surprised when you were caught glorifying and hyping up Imad’s garbage innings in the CT final where he scored 25 in 21 balls in the death overs, including only 7 of his last 10.

His slow innings on a dead pitch vs deflated bowlers was the reason why Pakistan failed to score 350 and subsequently failed to achieve the milestone of beating India by 200+ runs.
Imad carried the team by himself whereas Babar needed to be babied by Haris Sohail

Please don’t compare a stat padded knock to a great innings vs the best spin attack of the tournament

2023 Pakistan has a better bowling attack and a better top-order. They beat 2019 Pakistan with ease.

2018-19 Pakistan lost 32 out of 40 ODIs vs the top sides that they played in that period. It is one of the worst ODI sides Pakistan has ever produced.
No they don't, that bowling attack got butchered in the tournament left and right.

2023 team reached no 1 because of d string bashing. Their performance in the world cup and Asia cup shows they wouldn't have won a single match from those 40 games that they faced.

Rauf is a run machine and is ironically 100x worse then a burnt out wahab in 2019, wahab for all his faults has produced great spells in world cups.

Shaheen from 2019 was far superior to his broken finger self from 2023.

Amir vs Hasan Ali isn't even a comparison lol.

2023 bowling attack was being carried by naseem and it fell apart once he got injured thanks to MR no 1 overusing him and stubbornly not listening.

Shadab amd nawaz were single handidely the worst bowlers in asia cup and the 2nd worst bowlers in world cup only eclipsed by Joe root who isn't even a bowler.

In comparison 2019 team had more spin options in general and none of them got tonked as badly.

Imam and Babar themselves were far worse in 2023 then their 2019 selves via form and using looney toon rpg logic of skills is a bogus argument.

The 2023 team doesn't have a bowling attack ir a middle order period, they didn't even have a solid opening attack until fakhar was included over imam as a forced change.

2019 team also managed to beat a full power NZ and Eng team at the time whereas England who's 2023 counterpart is far weaker butchered the 2023 Pakistan team and NZ lost via a complete rain affected miracle and fakhar's last minute inclusion.

Also kindly don't bring in 2018, the 2018 team excluded alot of the players who weren't present in 2019 as they were being rested. Their not the same teams, don't know why you're using the 2019 failure period as a metric lol.

They came back to get Imad because of his experience in CPL. Azam and Amir will most likely be in the World Cup squad too.
Imad is not international class. Just another bit part player good at no particular aspect of the game.

Imad is not international class. Just another bit part player good at no particular aspect of the game.
Right

He is not international class but he has the 3rd lowest economy in all top flight nations that play international T20 cricket?

Right

He is not international class but he has the 3rd lowest economy in all top flight nations that play international T20 cricket?
Most likely against much lesser teams.

Rich coming from someone who claims that Pakistan's 2023 WC team > 2019 WC team. We all know the only reason you're coming out with such garbage is because you're a Babar cult follower. What Misbah is to Major is exactly what Babar is to you.

The latter beat Afghanistan and England, who went on to win the WC, whereas Babar's side couldn't even beat a washed up England team.

It's pertinent to mention that Babar was left in tears after being humiliated against Afghanistan. It was a fitting result for a captain with the worst PSL record. No other leader has managed to lose 9 games out of 10 in a PSL season.

By this logic, no one in Pakistan is world class, your best bat babar would be averaging around 38 is he regularly played top sides.
I have always argued that Babar does not do the business against the top sides often enough. We saw that in the last WC. So yes I can't say any Pak player in the current team is world class at all. Imad is rubbish 8 times out of ten matches! That is why he is rightfully ignored by the selectors.

I have always argued that Babar does not do the business against the top sides often enough. We saw that in the last WC. So yes I can't say any Pak player in the current team is world class at all. Imad is rubbish 8 times out of ten matches! That is why he is rightfully ignored by the selectors.
He isnt rightfully ignored by the selectors, they literally came knocking to his door begging him to come back lol

Shaheen came knocking to his door, I can give links but I can't time travel and bring you to his house.

^^ Also the knocking in the door is a phrase, please don't take it literal.
Shaheen could have been there for dinner?. He can knock or dance at his door for all I care.

The fact that you and @mominsaigol are being dismissive of an unbeaten 101* in a 238 run chase on a slow and sluggish pitch because the SR was below 80 shows that you know absolutely nothing about cricket but we know that already.

Whether a SR is low or high entirely depends on the context of the match. On that pitch, Pakistan needed one of its top four batsmen to bat through the innings. This is exactly what New Zealand top order failed to do.

Babar absorbed pressure like a sponge and him arriving to the crease in the 3rd over and batting through the end was the reason why Pakistan won the match, but fools obsessed with SRs won’t understand the value of the innings.

A 50 in 40 balls would have been a useless innings in that context and Pakistan would have lost the match.

Haris also played an excellent innings and you may not understand this but batting partnerships work in pairs. Babar’ resilience allows Haris to play with freedom; if Babar had been dismissed, Haris would have had to play anchor and someone else would have been tasked with playing a counterpunch innings.

Mask has slipped. Caught in 4K bro

@Rana @mominsaigol @Statpadder Inc @Dr_Bassim

Capture.JPG

I can list you several examples of innings that show that Babar isn’t an average batsman that ignoramuses like to portray him. In addition to those knocks, his overall record in all formats also show his class.

Nevertheless, there is no point because your denial will force you to be dismissive of all those innings and achievements while pretending that it is perfectly fine if Imad averages 60+ with the ball vs the top sides, and plus you will also hype up his garbage 25 in 21 balls in the CT Final as some high impact knock that killed India off.

Another one:

Babar cannot chase a 300+ total to save his life (he even failed to get his team over the line vs Zimbabwe) and yet our fans have the audacity to compare him to Kohli.

This last 2 years nonsense means nothing. Stop disrespecting a legend just because he hasn’t been at his best over the last 2 years.

He still has plenty left in the tank and even if he retires today, Babar will never be able to surpass him.

And those who do bhangra over comparing Babar and Kohli at 26, Kohli was already a GOAT chaser when he was 26.

Babar clearly does not have that match-winning ability that Kohli does or had at 26.

He is an Amla type ODI player. Kohli is in a different league altogether.

@topspin

As I explained in other thread, you, @Rana and @Statpadder Inc are showing your one-track mind by juxtaposing my criticism of Babar fans who compare him with Kohli and my criticism of Babar haters who severely underappreciate him and hype up average players like Imad in comparison.

Both lines of argument are not mutually exclusive.

Furthermore, what is wrong with what I said above, i.e. Kohli did the heavy-lifting himself vs Pakistan at the MCG which is why it was a far greater knock than Babar vs NZ? I have no reluctance in admitting that Kohli's innings at the MCG is bigger than Babar's entire career up until this point and I can say it with assurance that Babar would never win a match for Pakistan from the situation that India were in, especially in a game with so much pressure and intensity.

Haris played exceptionally well and it was their partnership that saw Pakistan home. Had Haris not played well and Babar did it single-handedly, that innings would be rated higher than it is rated now.

Imad Wasim's return shows how terrible Mohammad Nawaz has been for Pakistan as well as showcase the lack of spinners Pakistan is producing.

Mehran Mumtaz & Faisal Akram look impressive, but still early to call them into the Intl. setup.

Imad Wasim's return shows how terrible Mohammad Nawaz has been for Pakistan as well as showcase the lack of spinners Pakistan is producing.

Mehran Mumtaz & Faisal Akram look impressive, but still early to call them into the Intl. setup.

Pakistan can't afford Faisal & Mumtaz to go down the wayside such as Raza Hasan did or the lack of development with Mohammad Asghar. Zafar Gohar seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. He might as well see out the entire of his career playing county cricket.

@topspin

As I explained in other thread, you, @Rana and @Statpadder Inc are showing your one-track mind by juxtaposing my criticism of Babar fans who compare him with Kohli and my criticism of Babar haters who severely underappreciate him and hype up average players like Imad in comparison.

Both lines of argument are not mutually exclusive.

Furthermore, what is wrong with what I said above, i.e. Kohli did the heavy-lifting himself vs Pakistan at the MCG which is why it was a far greater knock than Babar vs NZ? I have no reluctance in admitting that Kohli's innings at the MCG is bigger than Babar's entire career up until this point and I can say it with assurance that Babar would never win a match for Pakistan from the situation that India were in, especially in a game with so much pressure and intensity.

Haris played exceptionally well and it was their partnership that saw Pakistan home. Had Haris not played well and Babar did it single-handedly, that innings would be rated higher than it is rated now.
That's not the point, throughout my entire posts against you, I kept and kept saying that babar isn't world class by any means, he's an anchor and an accumulator but he's not the person who can get anyone over the line, a world class batsmen should not just be a glorified soft run scorer.

Yet here is a comment about you saying the exact same thing talking about how babar couldn't even get Pakistan over the line against Zimbabwe despite scoring. Fakhar managed to score a 200 against these jobbers and outbatted the entire team lol.

Even in the 2019 wc point, my point was that babar's innings was carried by haris sohail, Had sohail played like a snail like Bobby was doing they'd have lost the game. That's the issue with babar, he's never once in his life tried to take initiative, he does his best to hope that others around him take risks and do risky things for him.

A world class batsmen does not need hand holding, the kohli and pandya innings is the opposite, Kohli wasn't absorbing things like a sponge and waiting for pandya to strike, Pandya was the one blocking and just holding the line while kohli was striking and finishing the game.

World class batsmen like rohit, kohli, Adam gilchrist, even current modern day greats like rachin, etc name one instance where these lads have held the line and waited for others to attack and PLAY WITH FREEDOM.

In a collapsed position a world class batsmen asks his partner at the other end to hold the line while he takes care of everything, Babar is the opposite, he asks the other guy to do everything while he holds the line, something he himself has admitted to with him, I'm a t20 anchor nonsense.

^^ @topspin

I actually wanna ask every babar fan.

What does world class even mean to you? Because their is a massive massive difference between claiming that Babar is a WORLD CLASS batsmen and that babar is a quality bat for Pakistan standards.

Genuinely define a world class batsmen?

What metric are we even using?

- Scores against b to c string teams?
- No of games one?
- Match winning X factor innings?
- Captaincy performances and records?
-World cup clutch innings?

Genuinely what metric are we even using to determine he's world class. Do you even know what WORLD CLASS entails when you're comparing him to the rest of the planet?

I'll give you some examples of players who have cemented WC status from 2023 alone.

1) Quinton de kock: Scores 4 centuries in his retirement world cup and all rizzu fans who complained that being a keeper and an opener is tough, well here you go, say hello to a world class opening keeper.

2) Rachin ravindra: Probs the best young player opener in the world atm.

3) Rohit sharma: Brilliant 9 RR starts. Ensured his team won 99% of games

4) Virat kohli: Scored centuries like pies and broke Tendulkar's odi record

5) Glenn Maxwell: Played once in a generational innings and overall was Australia's goat finisher this cup.

6) Pat Cummings: Best captain of the world cup, and an atg captain.

7) Williamson: Not the best player, but probably the best captain ever to never win a cup.

8) Siraj, Shami and Bumrah: atg bowling trio

9) Satner + Chinaman Kudleep: goat spinners

I can defo name more like sheryas iyer etc but I'll leave it here.

Based of all these performances in a single season, How is babar world class When every single team has 3 to 4 players better then him be it captaincy, or batting?

What does world class even mean to you? Because their is a massive massive difference between claiming that Babar is a WORLD CLASS batsmen and that babar is a quality bat for Pakistan standards.

- No of games one?

Genuinely what metric are we even using to determine he's world class. Do you even know what WORLD CLASS entails when you're comparing him to the rest of the planet?

I'll give you some examples of players who have cemented WC status from 2023 alone.

1) Quinton de kock: Scores 4 centuries in his retirement world cup and all rizzu fans who complained that being a keeper and an opener is tough, well here you go, say hello to a world class opening keeper.

5) Glenn Maxwell: Played once in a generational innings and overall was Australia's goat finisher this cup.

7) Williamson: Not the best player, but probably the best captain ever to never win a cup.

Based of all these performances in a single season, How is babar world class When every single team has 3 to 4 players better then him be it captaincy, or batting?

Also lesser players have played better innings than Babar’s best rated knock (by his fans) against NZ despite batting at a strike rate below 80.

Also lesser players have played better innings than Babar’s best rated knock (by his fans) against NZ despite batting at a strike rate below 80.
My only question is what does world class mean to babar fans? Because by this logic everyone is world class? Lol. This reminds of dragon ball where supposedly everyone on of the cast is a super uber duber prodigy lol.

How is a player world class when every top team has players better then him?

South Africa: Quinton and Makram (The rest is debatable bit these 2 are comfortably 100x superior to bobby)

England: Currently no one due to how out of form their team is, in 2019 however pretty much the whole batting line up was better lol.

India: Rohit, Gill, Kishan, Kohli, Sheryas are comfortably superior Pandya and Rahul aren't superior but their more clutch given their lower order roles.

NZ: Conway, Rachin, Williamson, Darly Mitchell are all easily superior, With Chapman and Phillips being inferior but more suited to their lower order roles, Babar at no 6 would be hilarious.

Australia: Travis head, Warner and maxwell are easily superior, even Warner in his current end if the line state is superior, only person inferior is Steven Smith and labu as their not odi players, but Smith in 2015 is superior to babar easily.

Heck I'm pretty sure as of late some afghani batsmen have been playing better cricket then babar has, I'm not even joking, I'm dead serious.

On which angle is babar world class if all these teams have a plethora of players better then he is? If babar is world class then what are they? Super uber duper ultimate world class?

Ig fans can take solice in the fact that babar is superior to bangaldeshi, Sri lankan, West Indian batsmen.

You guys should stop bringing Babar into this thread. No more posts about Babar here.

This thread is about imad.

Stay on topic or find some other thread to talk about this kind of irrelevant stuff.

- No of games one?

Go on name 3/4 players netter than Babar in every single team.

Costed us this game. Where the heck was his overrated brain.

He kept on trying and missing the same shot. He was clearly clueless and unfit to play.

His innings reminded me of Robert Downeys dancing. Doing the same move over and over.

You never know, i can single handedly lose you a match

Imad “who is better than me?” Wasim.

A fraud cricketer and also a coward to boot. He was slower than a turtle out there and couldn’t put bat on ball.

If he had any dignity and shame, he would announce his retirement after this World Cup.

Imad “who is better than me?” Wasim.

A fraud cricketer and also a coward to boot. He was slower than a turtle out there and couldn’t put bat on ball.

If he had any dignity and shame, he would announce his retirement after this World Cup.
He shouldn’t wait and announce it immediately

Sad to see a player not being able to even run for a single.

One of the worst T20 innings. 65 SR in a crunch game.

He was jogging on the pitch becuase of the cigarretes he had smoked. I think @Rana was the one who was celebrating the cigs as a chad moment.

Zero talent. Zero skill. Zero mental strength. Zero fitness.

100% arrogance, ego and delusion.
Facts... Swinging from the hip. No use when you have an injured hip.

Such an awful awful innings. Not should have stayed retired with his 76 year olds knees

Bowled beautifully today. Should have seen the game through for Pakistan. Disappointing.

Reports suggest that Imad was unfit to play, but the captain included him because Azam Khan underperformed and Shadab has been ineffective with the ball. This is why both Imad and Iftikhar bowled today. Imad is now heading back, and a new all-rounder is being flown in to replace him.

Reports suggest that Imad was unfit to play, but the captain included him because Azam Khan underperformed and Shadab has been ineffective with the ball. This is why both Imad and Iftikhar bowled today. Imad is now heading back, and a new all-rounder is being flown in to replace him.
Imad lost Pakistan the match not because he was unfit but because he is rubbish.

The way he got owned today had nothing to do with his fitness but his serious limitations that India exploited.

Today the drama of Imad being cool under pressure, playing according to the situation and being a match winner ended for life. All myths got exposed today.

Imad and his fans are cooked for life and this innings will be his defining legacy and lasting memory in international cricket.

Imad lost Pakistan the match not because he was unfit but because he is rubbish.

The way he got owned today had nothing to do with his fitness but his serious limitations that India exploited.

Today the drama of Imad being cool under pressure, playing according to the situation and being a match winner ended for life. All myths got exposed today.

Imad and his fans are cooked for life and this innings will be his defining legacy and lasting memory in international cricket.
Imad isn’t to blame here; Rizwan and Babar's fans are trying to shift the blame onto him and others.

This was a tricky pitch and difficult to score on. The only option was to capitalize on boundaries during the powerplay, but we only managed a mere 35 runs in those six overs.

In contrast, India scored 50 runs in their powerplay and then added 69 more in the remaining 14 overs. They effectively used the powerplay, understanding they could only score heavily when just two fielders were outside the 30-yard circle. Meanwhile, Babar and Rizwan only managed 35 runs in the powerplay, failing to exploit this crucial phase.

You might not get this post because you don't know what a powerplay is. If you did, you wouldn't be advocating for Rizwan and Babar to open the innings.

Imad isn’t to blame here; Rizwan and Babar's fans are trying to shift the blame onto him and others.

This was a tricky pitch and difficult to score on. The only option was to capitalize on boundaries during the powerplay, but we only managed a mere 35 runs in those six overs.

In contrast, India scored 50 runs in their powerplay and then added 69 more in the remaining 14 overs. They effectively used the powerplay, understanding they could only score heavily when just two fielders were outside the 30-yard circle. Meanwhile, Babar and Rizwan only managed 35 runs in the powerplay, failing to exploit this crucial phase.

You might not get this post because you don't know what a powerplay is. If you did, you wouldn't be advocating for Rizwan and Babar to open the innings.

Rizwan and Babar score runs quicker than Saim Ayub does in PP and they score as quickly as Fakhar did when he opened for Pakistan.

If you knew anything about cricket, and if you had watched Fakhar open in T20s, you would never advocate for him to open in the format again. He is beyond hopeless and Babar and Rizwan have done much better than him as openers.

Pakistan lost the game because of Imad Wasim. As simple as that. He proved himself to be the fraud that he is.

You cannot compare India’s last 7 overs with the bat with Pakistan’s. Let me educate you why.

Indian batsmen misread the pitch and they kept going for shots even though they were not coming off.

Pakistan saw what happened to India in the second half and they should have learned from that.

Rizwan played a pathetic shot vs Bumrah, it was totally needless. All he needed to do was to continue what he was doing for another three overs and Pakistan would have won.

Fakhar always had no business playing that shot, but he proved himself to be the idiot that he is 90% of the time and it is that other 10% that has saved his career.

In spite of those two dismissals, Pakistan was in a comfortable situation because there was no run rate pressure. All Imad had to do was rotate the strike and pick up the odd boundary and Pakistan would have won with 6-7 balls to spare.

But Imad did not learn from the failures of Indian batsmen in the last 7 overs, he did not learn from their approach and neither did he learn from the dismissals of Rizwan and Fakhar.

He panicked and he started going for shots which he couldn’t pull off. He wasted 4 balls vs Axar Patel because he tried to hit boundaries and failed. He kept trying the same thing over and over again but it was not coming off.

If Imad was the calm, cool and sensible player that his deluded fans claim he is, he would not have choked the way he did today.

This is the exact situation that his fans claimed that he would prove himself in and help Pakistan win matches. It was the perfect equation for him.

There was no reason and no excuse for his failure today.

It was beyond pathetic how he played. One of the ugliest innings we have ever seen and it completely exposed the myths and glorifications of his skills as a cricketer and this will be remembered as his defining legacy. This will not be forgotten.

Imad Wasim saw that Indian batsmen struggled to hit boundaries once the ball got 14-15 overs old.

Imad Wasim saw that Rizwan and Fakhar perished trying to go for boundaries.

Imad Wasim saw that he also failed trying to do the same thing and yet, Imad Wasim kept trying to do the same thing that others before him tried and failed and even Imad himself tried and failed.

What happened to his intelligence, game awareness and temperament that his deluded fans kept harping about?

Back