[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

@Rana

Let’s make one thing clear - Imad is not worth the dirt on Kohli’s shoes so how will he view Imad on his level?

Imad wont even make the Indian D team. India have the likes of Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar who are far superior than him and these guys can’t even break into the Indian side.

Deluded Imad fans probably think he is the Pakistani version of Jadeja or something.
Neither would babar. Babar isn't making it into Indian b, c or d team.

Babar has only one performance against quality bowling throughout his entire career.

If babar isn't facing b or c string bowlers, he's more or less just amounts to a soft run getter who'll get round about 40 to 50 runs which was reflective of how he performed in last years world cup.

Babar is a top order bat and this psl showed the lower down the order he goes, the more useless he becomes due to his glaring sr when he starts his innings.

No Indian selector would allow such a player in their top order especially when their focusing on finding replacements for hitman and kohli, all of whom can change the game single handidely.

If Hafeez is speaking the truth here then should we allow him to make a comeback? 🤔

Muhammad Hafeez: “When I was appointed as the director of Pakistan cricket team, I called imad and said you are in my plans and I will facilitate you properly if you want to come back in the team and Imad replied: I am more suitable for league cricket so, I don’t want to play for Pakistan.”

If Hafeez is speaking the truth here then should we allow him to make a comeback? 🤔

Muhammad Hafeez: “When I was appointed as the director of Pakistan cricket team, I called imad and said you are in my plans and I will facilitate you properly if you want to come back in the team and Imad replied: I am more suitable for league cricket so, I don’t want to play for Pakistan.”
Imad won't play as long as babar is playing, that's the thing.

Imad won't play as long as babar is playing, that's the thing.
He will play. He’s gotten over that now, Pakistanis can clearly see why he had a cricketing dispute with him and he was always right. Things are getting better slowly. Babar moved to 3, Rizwan being exposed as a useless T20 opener

Neither would babar. Babar isn't making it into Indian b, c or d team.

Babar has only one performance against quality bowling throughout his entire career.

If babar isn't facing b or c string bowlers, he's more or less just amounts to a soft run getter who'll get round about 40 to 50 runs which was reflective of how he performed in last years world cup.

Babar is a top order bat and this psl showed the lower down the order he goes, the more useless he becomes due to his glaring sr when he starts his innings.

No Indian selector would allow such a player in their top order especially when their focusing on finding replacements for hitman and kohli, all of whom can change the game single handidely.
Babar and Imad are not even comparable no matter how many times you repeat yourself.

Babar is a far bigger cricketer than Imad. I know it is painful but it is the reality.

The denial of Imad cult is laughable. I bet even Imad’s wife agrees that Babar is a far greater cricketer than Imad.

He will play. He’s gotten over that now, Pakistanis can clearly see why he had a cricketing dispute with him and he was always right. Things are getting better slowly. Babar moved to 3, Rizwan being exposed as a useless T20 opener
I just wish rizwan wasn't so irritating.

Like genuinely I don't wish for rizwan to fail, I wish he was truly what fans made him out to be aka the worlds best wk and our explosive batsmen who could smash 4 centuries in a row like quinton de kock.

But idk why fans see a quinton in him when in reality he's probably the most annoying person I've ever watched and listened to on the media.

Here is the harsh reality for Imad cult:

God has given more respect, fame, talent, money and recognition than Imad can ever hope to have.

Imad can fight God for being unfair to him.

Babar and Imad are not even comparable no matter how many times you repeat yourself.

Babar is a far bigger cricketer than Imad. I know it is painful but it is the reality.

The denial of Imad cult is laughable. I bet even Imad’s wife agrees that Babar is a far greater cricketer than Imad.
Can you stop desperately shoving babar and imad into one sentence 24/7. I didn't think psl would make imad live in your head rent free that you make fantasy novels plotting revenge against the guy.

All I did was counter the point you made about imad not getting into india's d team while babar is respected by kohli in that front.

You're completly incorrect, rana already explained who kohli is on good terms with and babar wouldn't get into india's d team either and ironically these statements were your own words a few months back lol about babar.

Kindly stop being a try hard.

Can you stop desperately shoving babar and imad into one sentence 24/7. I didn't think psl would make imad live in your head rent free that you make fantasy novels plotting revenge against the guy.

All I did was counter the point you made about imad not getting into india's d team while babar is respected by kohli in that front.

You're completly incorrect, rana already explained who kohli is on good terms with and babar wouldn't get into india's d team either and ironically these statements were your own words a few months back lol about babar.

Kindly stop being a try hard.
Babar is a world class batsman and although India have plenty of world class batsmen of their own, they will happily take Babar as well and have him compete with others in Indian cricket.

If you offer Imad to India, they will probably a hurl a few abuses back at you.

Please understand this difference between the two. Imad is a completely nobody compared to Babar and every single team in the world would pick Babar over Imad.

Here is the harsh reality for Imad cult:

God has given more respect, fame, talent, money and recognition than Imad can ever hope to have.

Imad can fight God for being unfair to him.
What a weird post. Imad believed in God to give him the ultimate victory at the end. It looks like God accepted his prayer, he will forever be thankful to God.

Babar is a world class batsman and although India have plenty of world class batsmen of their own, they will happily take Babar as well and have him compete with others in Indian cricket.

If you offer Imad to India, they will probably a hurl a few abuses back at you.

Please understand this difference between the two. Imad is a completely nobody compared to Babar and every single team in the world would pick Babar over Imad.
Again shoving both of them into one sentence?

As for world class, that's where you're completly incorrect.

Babar has been hyped to oblivion by the media by fans who have desperately wanted to believe that babar is on par or superior to kohli when in reality he's nothing more then a soft scorer.

He's bang average against spin play due to lack of back foot movement, he's struggles against quality fast bowlers, and tournaments always reflect his inability to actually do anything beyond soft score 50's at a snails pace nor can he win matches.

Rachin ravindra who's way younger is already 100x the batter babar is and ever will be.

Babar isn't anywhere close to world class and India wouldn't ever settle for having someone who consisntely makes rubbish 40 ball 50nscores in t20 and 70 ball 50's in odi against quality bowling.

Again the irony is that all these words were once yours to boot lol.

What a weird post. Imad believed in God to give him the ultimate victory at the end. It looks like God accepted his prayer, he will forever be thankful to God.
What ultimate victory?

Babar will retire with more Pakistan caps, honor of captaining Pakistan, more records and achievements, more respect among peers, more fan following, more money, fame etc.

In terms of success in cricket, Imad cannot and will never hold a candle to Babar. Imad can have a million reasons to be thankful to God, but God clearly blessed Babar a lot more than he blessed Imad.

Again shoving both of them into one sentence?

As for world class, that's where you're completly incorrect.

Babar has been hyped to oblivion by the media by fans who have desperately wanted to believe that babar is on par or superior to kohli when in reality he's nothing more then a soft scorer.

He's bang average against spin play due to lack of back foot movement, he's struggles against quality fast bowlers, and tournaments always reflect his inability to actually do anything beyond soft score 50's at a snails pace nor can he win matches.

Rachin ravindra who's way younger is already 100x the batter babar is and ever will be.

Babar isn't anywhere close to world class and India wouldn't ever settle for having someone who consisntely makes rubbish 40 ball 50nscores in t20 and 70 ball 50's in odi against quality bowling.

Again the irony is that all these words were once yours to boot lol.
Babar might not be as good as cult fans think, but he is still a million times better cricketer than Imad can ever hope to be.

I am repeating myself and I can do this all day until Imad fans agree that Babar is a far bigger cricketer.

Please repeat after me: Babar is a far bigger cricketer than Imad.

What ultimate victory?

Babar will retire with more Pakistan caps, honor of captaining Pakistan, more records and achievements, more respect among peers, more fan following, more money, fame etc.

In terms of success in cricket, Imad cannot and will never hold a candle to Babar. Imad can have a million reasons to be thankful to God, but God clearly blessed Babar a lot more than he blessed Imad.
I’m surprised you didn’t mention Babar would retire with more silverware…

I guess you acknowledge he will not retire with more silverware than Imad.

Babar might not be as good as cult fans think, but he is still a million times better cricketer than Imad can ever hope to be.

I am repeating myself and I can do this all day until Imad fans agree that Babar is a far bigger cricketer.

You do realise I'm just exposing your hypocrisy right?

Whenever I brought up babar's faults which included countering any captaincy nonsense argument you portrayed,

You responded with " THIS IS AN IMAD THREAD, GO TALK ABOUT THIS IN A BABAR THREAD"

yet rn you can't stop talking about babar 😂😂.

It's ironic how you claimed you were living rent free in My head yet imad has taken over your entire life, so much so that you've fantasised his destruction 😂😂.

Man this has become a troll at this point.

Of course, Babar is bigger than Imad; there is no comparison. Adding Imad to the team won't harm; it will make a good lineup team. He is miles better than other all-rounders like Nawaz. Bowling him along with Saim on slow WI/US pitches is advantage to the team, and he also contributes with the bat.

Imad Wasim seems to be in great form. He should return to Pakistan team. He can be handy on sluggish Windies pitches.

All the talk about him being back and should be back and how it’s his god given right now, do people not realise he retired.

I think it’s pretty weak and cowardly to retire in an emotional manner, what did the PCB steal? his roti?, did Babar and Ris not share any Biryani with him? was he upset that nobody wanted hang out with a pothead?

Retiring, not being sure about it etc is just signs of a fragile mind, he needs some therapy and then perhaps they can consider a comeback if he is sane of mind and unlikely to spout some more rubbish from that foul foul mouth, he is a good T20 player but come on, he doesn’t even deserve the bhangra which use to follow Shoaib Malik

Imad Wasim seems to be in great form. He should return to Pakistan team. He can be handy on sluggish Windies pitches.

Bro can you give us more insight rather than the usual 2 x sentences of state the obvious.

Bro can you give us more insight rather than the usual 2 x sentences of state the obvious.

Why write an essay when you can express your opinion in 2 grammatically correct sentences?

Imad's bowling should suit Caribbean pitches. He also has CPL experience. Self-explanatory? No?

Why don't you give an insight rather than criticizing my two sentences?

Very upsetting for some it seems.

I'm not sure he still wants to play for Pakistan.

Maybe he'll play the T20 World Cup and then call it a day.

I’ll make it easier for you @Mamoon

Babar will win as many titles that he possibly can if he has Amir and Imad in the same team as him. He can always ride on their success.
With a pathetic W/L ratio of 0.43 without Babar carrying him, Imad was the one who leeched off Babar’s brilliance.

Besides, no one asked Amir and Imad to retire like cowards.

You do realise I'm just exposing your hypocrisy right?

Whenever I brought up babar's faults which included countering any captaincy nonsense argument you portrayed,

You responded with " THIS IS AN IMAD THREAD, GO TALK ABOUT THIS IN A BABAR THREAD"

yet rn you can't stop talking about babar 😂😂.

It's ironic how you claimed you were living rent free in My head yet imad has taken over your entire life, so much so that you've fantasised his destruction 😂😂.

Man this has become a troll at this point.

No you can’t. I am not Babar’s teammate. I am an outsider who doesn’t have a horse in this race. Whether I praise or criticize Babar does not impact me in any way but it did impact Imad.

The point is that Imad had no problems with Babar’s approach to batting in T20s when he won him the PSL and played with him in the national team under his captaincy, but the same playing style suddenly became a problem when he was dropped?

What does that tells us? It tells us that Imad’s criticism of Babar is not genuine and is fueled by bitterness and a toxic agenda because he was dropped. Ergo, people shouldn’t be heed to what Imad is saying because it is coming from a vested interest.

What does tell us about Imad’s character? It tells us that he is a toxic human being and isn’t genuine in his praise and criticism.

There is nothing wrong in “complaining”. That is not even the point. You already know what the point is but you don’t want to address because you can’t.

Imad could have complained by simply stating that he deserves to play for Pakistan because of XYZ reasons and he didn’t deserve to be dropped. Had he done that, it wouldn’t have been a problem.

A lot of players complain about getting dropped. It is understandable. However, Imad decided to take a different route.

As an outcome of his inflated ego, he didn’t want to come across as needy and desperate. He didn’t want to give the impression that he is really eager to play for Pakistan.

Instead, he decided to take a different route and started criticizing Babar’s playing style even though he didn’t have a problem with the same playing style previously when he was playing with him and when he won the PSL because of that playing style.

Gullible fans fell for this appraisal of Babar’s performance as genuine criticism but those of us who can see beyond our nose could clearly tell that the reason and the agenda behind this criticism and could see through the act.

Again, there is nothing wrong with complaining about getting dropped. It is perfectly okay. If Imam thinks that he is a better opener than Masood and deserves to play ahead of him, he has the right to complain.

Similarly, if Imad thinks he is better than Nawaz and deserves to play ahead of him, he has the right to be upset and complain.

Again - it is not about complaining. It is about what you are complaining about. Imam would come across as a blithering hypocrite if he praises Masood’s batting approach and then starts criticizing the same approach the minute he is dropped.

Imad’s problem is not Babar’s batting approach in T20s. His problem is that he was dropped from the team. He decided to peddle this narrative because he didn’t want to create the impression that he is desperate to play for Pakistan.

This is precisely why he did this retirement drama as well, he wants to give out the impression that he doesn’t care if he is picked or not, and gullible fans like yourself fell for it like nine pins.

Once again, complaining and attacking someone doesn’t make you a hypocrite. What you complain about and what is your method of attack dictates whether you are hypocrite or not.

Imad wouldn’t have exposed himself as the toxic hypocrite that he is if his complaint centered around getting dropped from the team for a player that he deemed inferior.

He wouldn’t have exposed himself as the toxic hypocrite that he is if his mode of attack centered around the idea that Babar was unfair to him and there was an agenda to keep him out.

Instead, in order to massage his ego and give the impression that he is not desperate to play for Pakistan, he decided to attack Babar’s batting approach in T20s even though it was the same approach that Imad used to praise previously and it was the same approach that helped him win the PSL as captain.

Imad wasn’t wrong to complain, criticize or even attack Babar. He simply chose the wrong strategy and exposed himself as a hypocrite and he deserved to be criticized for it.
@mominsaigol

No reply to this as expected. One post and I destroyed the propaganda of Imad cult.

Imad can get into the world cup squad only if he reserves his retirement.

This was actually nice to see. Babar has a lot of respect for Kohli because Kohli is a role model for him and someone Babar can learn from to improve his batting.

Kohli responded by saying “Thank you. Keep shining and rising. Wish you all the best”

What is embarrassing is Amir licking Kohli’s boots on Twitter over and over again even though Kohli never bothers to reply to any of his Tweets.

Kohli is a smart man. He can see that Amir panders to him because of his hatred for Babar and I’m certain that Kohli has seen those Tweets where Amir praised Kohli but the real intention was to mock Babar.

No wonder Kohli ignored those Tweets and never responded them even though Amir tagged him directly.

On the other hand, he replied to Babar because he could tell that Babar wasn’t driving an agenda and was being genuine.

Kohli is a genuine guy. Genuine people acknowledge genuine people but they will not fall for agendas so it is not surprising that Kohli didn’t take Amir’s bait on Twitter and never will.
I doubt Kohli has time to follow who Amir likes or doesn't like. I also doubt that Amir's desperate tweets even register on his radar because of the sheer volume of tweets that likely come his way. Babar's tweet IIRC became part of the media cycle in India and Pakistan where alot of people were spewing toxicity the tweet. Kohli likely saw that reaction and replied to keep those people in check, which was a really nice gesture on his part.

The Kohli-Agha Salman WhatsApp story was also nice to hear about. Despite all the massive fame he has experienced Kohli really is a genuine guy.

Babar is the most overhyped cricketer in Pakistan, I agree.

Even Shahid Afridi with his numerous ducks is better than Babar.

Even Abdul Razzaq has more iconic innings than Babar.

Babar is a nobody.

Babar is the most overhyped cricketer in Pakistan, I agree.

Even Shahid Afridi with his numerous ducks is better than Babar.

Even Abdul Razzaq has more iconic innings than Babar.

Babar is a nobody.
I think you are being too kind. You left out yourself in the list of cricketers who are better than Babar. Your humbleness is heart warming.

@mominsaigol

No reply to this as expected. One post and I destroyed the propaganda of Imad cult.
Brother me forgetting to reply, doesn't mean I can't reply.

Don't quote me on posts I've forgotten to reply to when you've deliberately ignored all my points or simply starwmanned all my points just to cause this debate to go into adnauseam and maintain a delusion that you're somehow still in this discussion.

I've virtually thanos snapped all your arguments and yes I read what you wrote, it's once again a repetition of arguments I've already debunked 10x now.

Arguments such as

" Imad has a 65 avg"

Or

" Babar is a genuis captain who brought in saim"

I've addresses it 100x, you're just committing fallacy upon fallacy at this point.

Don't be a hypocrite, don't repeat everything non stop, and good god start addressing points properly and professionally, I don't know how many times I've had to make you backtrack on your own premise 😂😂.

Any person with a brain can see this whole thread has turned into a joke and you're the 🤡 who turned it into one.

No you can’t. I am not Babar’s teammate. I am an outsider who doesn’t have a horse in this race. Whether I praise or criticize Babar does not impact me in any way but it did impact Imad.

The point is that Imad had no problems with Babar’s approach to batting in T20s when he won him the PSL and played with him in the national team under his captaincy, but the same playing style suddenly became a problem when he was dropped?

What does that tells us? It tells us that Imad’s criticism of Babar is not genuine and is fueled by bitterness and a toxic agenda because he was dropped. Ergo, people shouldn’t be heed to what Imad is saying because it is coming from a vested interest.

What does tell us about Imad’s character? It tells us that he is a toxic human being and isn’t genuine in his praise and criticism.

There is nothing wrong in “complaining”. That is not even the point. You already know what the point is but you don’t want to address because you can’t.

Imad could have complained by simply stating that he deserves to play for Pakistan because of XYZ reasons and he didn’t deserve to be dropped. Had he done that, it wouldn’t have been a problem.

A lot of players complain about getting dropped. It is understandable. However, Imad decided to take a different route.

As an outcome of his inflated ego, he didn’t want to come across as needy and desperate. He didn’t want to give the impression that he is really eager to play for Pakistan.

Instead, he decided to take a different route and started criticizing Babar’s playing style even though he didn’t have a problem with the same playing style previously when he was playing with him and when he won the PSL because of that playing style.

Gullible fans fell for this appraisal of Babar’s performance as genuine criticism but those of us who can see beyond our nose could clearly tell that the reason and the agenda behind this criticism and could see through the act.

Again, there is nothing wrong with complaining about getting dropped. It is perfectly okay. If Imam thinks that he is a better opener than Masood and deserves to play ahead of him, he has the right to complain.

Similarly, if Imad thinks he is better than Nawaz and deserves to play ahead of him, he has the right to be upset and complain.

Again - it is not about complaining. It is about what you are complaining about. Imam would come across as a blithering hypocrite if he praises Masood’s batting approach and then starts criticizing the same approach the minute he is dropped.

Imad’s problem is not Babar’s batting approach in T20s. His problem is that he was dropped from the team. He decided to peddle this narrative because he didn’t want to create the impression that he is desperate to play for Pakistan.

This is precisely why he did this retirement drama as well, he wants to give out the impression that he doesn’t care if he is picked or not, and gullible fans like yourself fell for it like nine pins.

Once again, complaining and attacking someone doesn’t make you a hypocrite. What you complain about and what is your method of attack dictates whether you are hypocrite or not.

Imad wouldn’t have exposed himself as the toxic hypocrite that he is if his complaint centered around getting dropped from the team for a player that he deemed inferior.

He wouldn’t have exposed himself as the toxic hypocrite that he is if his mode of attack centered around the idea that Babar was unfair to him and there was an agenda to keep him out.

Instead, in order to massage his ego and give the impression that he is not desperate to play for Pakistan, he decided to attack Babar’s batting approach in T20s even though it was the same approach that Imad used to praise previously and it was the same approach that helped him win the PSL as captain.

Imad wasn’t wrong to complain, criticize or even attack Babar. He simply chose the wrong strategy and exposed himself as a hypocrite and he deserved to be criticized for it.
For you I'll reply to this whole essay which is just a shotgun fallacy anyway, it's so long that you're only hope is someone to get bored of what you've written, but I'll entertain you,

For the first point, you're just bringing in something extra again without actually addressing your own hypocrisy and since you love derailing without replying so much I'll leave it at that.

First off, I actually want you to give me evidence about inad praising babar's performance in the past. That's a major point of yours, and I want to see evidence of this. If you can't establish or provide this evidence then your whole argumental narrative falls flat.

Provide this evidence AND ANSWER ALL MY PREVIOUS POINTS WHICH YOUVE IGNORED AND GOTTEN OBLIERATED ON

After that I'll continue and reply, no point is typing an equally long essay if the whole narrative is built on a lie. After what pakengfan did yesterday to bend the truth, I don't trust anything without solid evidence now.

I think you are being too kind. You left out yourself in the list of cricketers who are better than Babar. Your humbleness is heart warming.

Babar hasn’t really gone on to be a match winner he’s performances have been below par in the last 4 tournaments in T20s and ODIs World Cup and Asia Cup.

His performance in the last test series away to Australia was again below par it seems like he is the type of player who needs flats wickets at home in tests and flat wickets against B teams in limited over bilaterals.

In test series outside Asia and tournaments and series deciders in T20s we have seen only failures during what should be Babars prime as a batsman.

Guys, it's better to stick to discussing Imad for which this thread has been created. If you want to discuss Babar please find a relevant thread and post there.

Pity that fans are now creating camps in the team rather than the team.

If I Heard Mohsin Naqvi he said if he heard even one member doing politics in the team he’s going to remove all 11.

In Imads case performance should be the only criteria! In merit he is one our finest T20 all rounders.

A spin attack of Abrar, Shadab, Saim and Imad will win us the World Cup.

Add to it Naseem, Haris and Shaheen.

If Agha and Ifti play and somehow Usman Khan makes a it to the National Team.

We could have a genuine XI. Imad is just a piece to the puzzle.

If Imad is that serious about playing for Pakistan, he should never have retired firsthand. Even now, he should take his retirement back if he is that much interested in representing Pakistan again which I think he is not going to do.

@mominsaigol

Looks I have really rattled you.

Imad Wasim praised Babar throughout PSL 2020 when Babar carried him to the title. He called his innings a “masterclass” in the final.

You can open any scorecard from 2019, 2020 and 2021 and you can read Imad’s commentary about Babar’s batting.

Moreover, Imad was the captain and Babar continuously opened. If Imad thinks Babar is not suitable for opening, why didn’t he change his batting position? What was he afraid of?

Even last year, when Imad made a brief comeback to the T20I team vs New Zealand in March and Babar scored a century, Imad interviewed him after the match, he praised his batting approach and range of shots. That video is available on PCB’s YouTube channel.

Few months later, when it became obvious that Imad will not be going to the World Cup, he went on that useless comedian Tabish Hashmi’s show along with his washed up retired partner (Amir) and started criticizing Babar’s batting approach.

Either Imad back-tracked on what he said after the New Zealand series earlier that year when he was in Babar’s presence, or he is flip flopper, or he was sucking up to him on PCB’s channel in the hope that he will get back into Babar’s good books and get into the World Cup squad.

Once it became apparent to him that he was not going to the World Cup, he started driving his toxic agenda again.

Thank you for reminding me that Imad not only praised Babar’s approach when they were together in Karachi, he also praised his approach last year as well when Imad was trying win his place back in the team.

This goes to show that Imad is a bigger hypocrite than I initially thought and whatever 1% credibility that he had is now lost too.

If Imad’s criticism of Babar’s batting in T20s was genuine, he would have:

• Criticized him when he was playing with him for Karachi
  • Demoted him to number 3 when he was Karachi captain
  • Not praised Babar on his face when he was trying to win his place back in the team

Imad is an opportunist hypocrite. He changes his spots based on what the situation is and now he can benefit from it.

When he was benefiting from Babar’s runs, he had no problems with his batting approach or batting position.

When he could have benefit from praising Babar (NZ 2023), he still had no problems with his batting approach and batting position.

However, whenever he found himself out of the team and with little to no hope of making a comeback, he decided to attack Babar because that was his strategy of staying irrelevant.

Imad is an average cricketer who is not worthy of lacing Babar’s boots. He hasn’t had 10% the career that Babar has had and Babar has had more success, respect, recognition, fan following, talent, skill, money and fame than Imad can ever hope to have.

Imad always was and always will be irrelevant when compared to Babar. Deal with this bitter fact and move on.

Babar hasn’t really gone on to be a match winner he’s performances have been below par in the last 4 tournaments in T20s and ODIs World Cup and Asia Cup.

His performance in the last test series away to Australia was again below par it seems like he is the type of player who needs flats wickets at home in tests and flat wickets against B teams in limited over bilaterals.

In test series outside Asia and tournaments and series deciders in T20s we have seen only failures during what should be Babars prime as a batsman.
If the criteria and standard of match-winners for Pakistan include players like Afridi, Razzaq, Imad and Haider Ali as @Dr_Bassim mentioned in the above post and over the last few days, then I am very happy that Babar doesn’t qualify as a match-winner based on this criteria and standard.

As a well-wisher of Pakistan cricket, it is my genuine wish that Pakistan can always produce cricketers like Babar in the future and never produces cricketers like Afridi, Razzaq, Imad and Haider Ali.

@mominsaigol

Looks I have really rattled you.

Imad Wasim praised Babar throughout PSL 2020 when Babar carried him to the title. He called his innings a “masterclass” in the final.

You can open any scorecard from 2019, 2020 and 2021 and you can read Imad’s commentary about Babar’s batting.

Moreover, Imad was the captain and Babar continuously opened. If Imad thinks Babar is not suitable for opening, why didn’t he change his batting position? What was he afraid of?

Even last year, when Imad made a brief comeback to the T20I team vs New Zealand in March and Babar scored a century, Imad interviewed him after the match, he praised his batting approach and range of shots. That video is available on PCB’s YouTube channel.

Few months later, when it became obvious that Imad will not be going to the World Cup, he went on that useless comedian Tabish Hashmi’s show along with his washed up retired partner (Amir) and started criticizing Babar’s batting approach.

Either Imad back-tracked on what he said after the New Zealand series earlier that year when he was in Babar’s presence, or he is flip flopper, or he was sucking up to him on PCB’s channel in the hope that he will get back into Babar’s good books and get into the World Cup squad.

Once it became apparent to him that he was not going to the World Cup, he started driving his toxic agenda again.

Thank you for reminding me that Imad not only praised Babar’s approach when they were together in Karachi, he also praised his approach last year as well when Imad was trying win his place back in the team.

This goes to show that Imad is a bigger hypocrite than I initially thought and whatever 1% credibility that he had is now lost too.

If Imad’s criticism of Babar’s batting in T20s was genuine, he would have:

• Criticized him when he was playing with him for Karachi
  • Demoted him to number 3 when he was Karachi captain
  • Not praised Babar on his face when he was trying to win his place back in the team

Imad is an opportunist hypocrite. He changes his spots based on what the situation is and now he can benefit from it.

When he was benefiting from Babar’s runs, he had no problems with his batting approach or batting position.

When he could have benefit from praising Babar (NZ 2023), he still had no problems with his batting approach and batting position.

However, whenever he found himself out of the team and with little to no hope of making a comeback, he decided to attack Babar because that was his strategy of staying irrelevant.

Imad is an average cricketer who is not worthy of lacing Babar’s boots. He hasn’t had 10% the career that Babar has had and Babar has had more success, respect, recognition, fan following, talent, skill, money and fame than Imad can ever hope to have.

Imad always was and always will be irrelevant when compared to Babar. Deal with this bitter fact and move on.
Another long essay, Jesus christ the shotguns.

Once it became apparent to him that he was not going to the World Cup, he started driving his toxic agenda again."

Oh yyou're referring to those comments, yeah im aware of them and youve completely missed the point of what imad said. Youre actually ratting since all of what youve said is a baseless assumption, you yourself aren't even sure if he backtracked or was deliberately being toxic 😂😂.

First of, Imad was the captain who won the KK psl, and now imad is the main contributor who won psl 9 for his team, ik that's a tough pill to swallow for you, but it's a reality, cricket is a team game, Babar being a part of KK winning doesn't take anything away from imad being the captain nor does it take anything away from IU winning and Imad being the contributing factor.

The fact is your favourite best captain hadn't won anything while he was a captain, not a single psl as captain or a single icc tournament as captain or a single asia cup as captain.

Imad praising Babar doesn't mean he was sucking up to him and him then critiquing Babar doesn't mean he's intentionally hating on him. Babar isn't a god, he can be questioned, imad praised Babar when he was performing, if anything it shows how good a captain he was since he gave credit to his players in psl, and however he rightfully criticised Babar when Babar failed. Simply put Babar was not performing and his sr was a huge issue when imad made those comments, imad is simply living in reality and isn't on cloud 9 like people claiming Babar is the worlds best on par with Don Bradman, or that babar is the supposed best captain and deserves to be reinstated when his tournament win record is at 0%.

Lastly none of your points can actually be taken seriously since their not valid points, their made out of biased contempt and aren't rational by any means.

Babar is more guilty of making questionable comments on the media then imad is, Babar literally went on the media like a hypocrite and threw zaman khan under the bus on social media while praising nawaz and shadab as his best bowlers even though those 2 were atrocious thay Cup, why aren't you mentioning how toxic Babar was to youngsters and how biased he was?

What about when Babar threatened to walk out of his own team unless he took the team he wanted and was refusing to listen to what hafeez advised him on?

Babar was beyond toxic as a captain, and his mentality reflected that which is why he humbly stepped down. Babar has been more of a toxic individual then imad has ever been, but no one brings these facts up.

"Deal with this bitter fact and move on"

Or maybe you should deal with the bitter fact that imad won the 3 most important matches in psl 9? Or maybe you should deal with the bitter fact that babar has a win% of 0 as a captain in tournaments?

Last edited by a moderator:
As per media reports, Retired all-rounder Imad Wasim has not been considered for a training camp at an Army base in Kakul from March 25.

The national selection committee is expected to announce a pool of approximately 25 players soon. The squad for the upcoming home five-match T20I series against New Zealand in April will be picked from the same pool.

As per media reports, Retired all-rounder Imad Wasim has not been considered for a training camp at an Army base in Kakul from March 25.

The national selection committee is expected to announce a pool of approximately 25 players soon. The squad for the upcoming home five-match T20I series against New Zealand in April will be picked from the same pool.
Probably because he is still retired.

Well, they know it’s no point. He won’t come out of retirement to go and train at an army camp.

If the criteria and standard of match-winners for Pakistan include players like Afridi, Razzaq, Imad and Haider Ali as @Dr_Bassim mentioned in the above post and over the last few days, then I am very happy that Babar doesn’t qualify as a match-winner based on this criteria and standard.

As a well-wisher of Pakistan cricket, it is my genuine wish that Pakistan can always produce cricketers like Babar in the future and never produces cricketers like Afridi, Razzaq, Imad and Haider Ali.

Razzaq match winner ✓

Afridi faulty but match winner ✓

Inzimam match winner ✓

Imad match winner ✓

Babar - match looser with no pedigree; no aura, serial losing captain but @Mamoon considers him best cricketer ever for Pakistan.

There is not a single instance where Babar is better or eclisped the cricketers I just mentioned above.

His average is only for himself and his fans.

Razzaq match winner ✓

Inzimam match winner ✓

Imad match winner ✓

Babar - match looser with no pedigree; no aura, serial losing captain but @Mamoon considers him best cricketer ever for Pakistan.

There is not a single instance where Babar is better or eclisped the cricketers I just mentioned above.

Shoaib Akhtar was a match winner too. Big wicket taker, I’ve seen so many times him removing the oppositions king pins.

Shoaib Akhtar was a match winner too. Big wicket taker, I’ve seen so many times him removing the oppositions king pins.
Yes probably the biggest ever. People talk about single handedly winning games. He did it on many occasions.

Razzaq match winner ✓

Inzimam match winner ✓

Imad match winner ✓

he is a match winner in soft games like his buddy Imam. I like him as a player though, wish he did better.

Imad Wasim is batting with immunity and bowling with precision, making a strong case for a comeback for Pakistan.

dwXr1sq.png

Razzaq match winner ✓

Inzimam match winner ✓

Imad match winner ✓

It says a lot about the intellect of Pakistani cricket fans when they celebrate players like Afridi, Razzaq and Imad as match winners and berate batsmen of exquisite class like Babar.

It reflects the cricket culture and mindset of the game in Pakistan. It shows why Pakistan is a mediocre cricket nation. It also shows that such mediocre fans deserve such mediocrity.

Pakistan is a cricket nation that has found a way to glorify inconsistency and mediocrity and romanticized it as unpredictablity.

Pakistan is cricket nation that has glorified mediocre and inconsistent players like Afridi, Razzaq, Imad etc. as match winners while someone like Babar, a world class batsman, is looked down upon as not a match winner.

As I said earlier, if the benchmark of match winners is players like Afridi, Razzaq and Imad, then it is great that Babar doesn’t qualify as a match winner in the eyes of Pakistani fans.

It says a lot about the intellect of Pakistani cricket fans when they celebrate players like Afridi, Razzaq and Imad as match winners and berate batsmen of exquisite class like Babar.

It reflects the cricket culture and mindset of the game in Pakistan. It shows why Pakistan is a mediocre cricket nation. It also shows that such mediocre fans deserve such mediocrity.

Pakistan is a cricket nation that has found a way to glorify inconsistency and mediocrity and romanticized it as unpredictablity.

Pakistan is cricket nation that has glorified mediocre and inconsistent players like Afridi, Razzaq, Imad etc. as match winners while someone like Babar, a world class batsman, is looked down upon as not a match winner.

As I said earlier, if the benchmark of match winners is players like Afridi, Razzaq and Imad, then it is great that Babar doesn’t qualify as a match winner in the eyes of Pakistani fans.
What even is this world class batsmen nonsense.

You haven't actually given us a single Feat besides the 2019 NZ innings which had haris sohail as the main contributing factor of babar being world class or anything of that sort.

Not a single ounce of evidence is given besides smacking trundlers and 3rd rate bowlers.

Sure Akhtar was.

However Imad Wasim is a serial match loser.

Insult to even compare him with legends like Sohaib and Razzaq.

At best you can compare him with Anwar Ali.

Heck Anwar won us at least one match albeit against weak opposition.

Razzaq match winner ✓

Inzimam match winner ✓

Imad match winner ✓

You can’t blame some fans for calling him ZimBabar.

@Mamoon I’m sure you’re very well connected, so you may as well ask the PCB to invite Nepal for a 7 match T20I series. I think it will be a very good opportunity for Baba to not only maintain his average but also for him boost his strike rate and his position in the T20I batting rankings.

Sure Akhtar was.

However Imad Wasim is a serial match loser.

Insult to even compare him with legends like Sohaib and Razzaq.

At best you can compare him with Anwar Ali.

Heck Anwar won us at least one match albeit against weak opposition.
So imad didn't just win 3 psl games in a row? For his team?

What even is this world class batsmen nonsense.

You haven't actually given us a single Feat besides the 2019 NZ innings which had haris sohail as the main contributing factor of babar being world class or anything of that sort.

Not a single ounce of evidence is given besides smacking trundlers and 3rd rate bowlers.
I can list you several examples of innings that show that Babar isn’t an average batsman that ignoramuses like to portray him. In addition to those knocks, his overall record in all formats also show his class.

Nevertheless, there is no point because your denial will force you to be dismissive of all those innings and achievements while pretending that it is perfectly fine if Imad averages 60+ with the ball vs the top sides, and plus you will also hype up his garbage 25 in 21 balls in the CT Final as some high impact knock that killed India off.

You can’t blame some fans for calling him ZimBabar.

@Mamoon I’m sure you’re very well connected, so you may as well ask the PCB to invite Nepal for a 7 match T20I series. I think it will be a very good opportunity for Baba to not only maintain his average but also for him boost his strike rate and his position in the T20I batting rankings.
I think that will be a very good series for Imad to show that he is an economical bowler, but I hope that PCB doesn’t arrange a 7 match ODI series with any of the top sides. If they do, Imad’s average will go beyond Don Bradman.

I have seen @mominsaigol and @topspin write a lot of drivel about Babar’s innings vs New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup in different threads.

I won’t let anyone berate that innings on my watch. It was a fantastic innings and by far the best knock by a Pakistani batsman in the World Cup.

I was disappointed with Babar’s overall performance in the World Cup because I felt he could have done a lot more considering how well he was playing, but that was one of the many innings that made him the world class player that he is today.

And yes, it was much better than Imad’s fluke innings vs Afghanistan where he was completely clueless vs the spinners and was plumb LBW but the umpire refused to give him out.

If it wasn’t for Gulbadin Naib shooting himself in the foot and bowling an over, Pakistan would have lost and game.

Nevertheless, the match vs New Zealand was played on a dry and slow surface where the ball was gripping and turning.

The total posted by New Zealand was a more than daunting total based on how the pitch was behaving and main driving force behind Pakistan’s successful run chase was the fact that they lost 3 wickets in the first 25 overs while New Zealand had lost 5 and they never really recovered from to the point where they could bat Pakistan out of the game although as mentioned above, it was still a very competitive total.

Babar was the reason why Pakistan didn’t collapse in the first half of the innings and gave Haris the freedom to counterpunch because Babar held one end on his own.

A batsman of undeniable talent but also with undeniably poor temperament wouldn’t have seen Pakistan home in a situation like that without Babar holding his hand.

It was a fantastic hundred and he was rightfully declared the man of the match in spite of all incessant propaganda by ignoramuses today that Haris was the real MVP of the game. He wasn’t.

I have seen @mominsaigol and @topspin write a lot of drivel about Babar’s innings vs New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup in different threads.

I won’t let anyone berate that innings on my watch. It was a fantastic innings and by far the best knock by a Pakistani batsman in the World Cup.

I was disappointed with Babar’s overall performance in the World Cup because I felt he could have done a lot more considering how well he was playing, but that was one of the many innings that made him the world class player that he is today.

And yes, it was much better than Imad’s fluke innings vs Afghanistan where he was completely clueless vs the spinners and was plumb LBW but the umpire refused to give him out.

If it wasn’t for Gulbadin Naib shooting himself in the foot and bowling an over, Pakistan would have lost and game.

Nevertheless, the match vs New Zealand was played on a dry and slow surface where the ball was gripping and turning.

The total posted by New Zealand was a more than daunting total based on how the pitch was behaving and main driving force behind Pakistan’s successful run chase was the fact that they lost 3 wickets in the first 25 overs while New Zealand had lost 5 and they never really recovered from to the point where they could bat Pakistan out of the game although as mentioned above, it was still a very competitive total.

Babar was the reason why Pakistan didn’t collapse in the first half of the innings and gave Haris the freedom to counterpunch because Babar held one end on his own.

A batsman of undeniable talent but also with undeniably poor temperament wouldn’t have seen Pakistan home in a situation like that without Babar holding his hand.

It was a fantastic hundred and he was rightfully declared the man of the match in spite of all incessant propaganda by ignoramuses today that Haris was the real MVP of the game. He wasn’t.

The fact that you’re raving about this innings has once again exposed your special appetite for mediocrity.

In case you’ve forgotten, Babar faced all those deliveries but still fell short of a strike rate of 80.

Only deluded Babar fans would hype up this innings as if it’s one of a kind.

Haris Sohail player a blinder. His innings took NZ out of the contest. If he was dismissed for a low score, Pakistan would’ve fallen short because even after his contribution, the match went to the final over.

Even average (and some below average) players have more memorable knocks than what Babar has managed.

The only reason why you’re making a big deal out of this hundred is because you don’t have anything else that’s worthy of mention.

Also, I remember very well when you used to bash @Mobashir when he used to express admiration for this innings. This is hypocrisy at its finest. I don’t know what’s happened to you over the last 12 months but you’ve lost all credibility.

Going bhangra over an innings that falls below a strike rate of 80 isn’t something I would’ve expected from you in 2014, let alone in 2024.

Ironic how you're calling me an ignoramus, what a cringe insult. The innings imad played was more clutch then babar played, considering only 4 wickets were down, Bobby didn't even play the winning shot and at sr 78 it took him 127 deliveries to reach 101. If it wasn't for haris sohail striking at 90, Babar would have chocked as usual.

Imad finished afg off, Bobby on the other hand was in the same match and he and imam got out at the wrong time and crippled the team, imad had to fix Bobby's stupid mistake of ruining things.

Its not like babar hasn't crippled his team before, he does that 24/7 opening in t20 lol. Babar has sr problems, you just can't admit it

@Mamoon let me ask you this, why didn't Bobby play a clutch innings against afg? Why did imad have to? Weren't they playing in the same game?

@topspin

I remember I had an argument with mamoon on Imam as well, he kept telling me how Pakistan 2023 was far superior to pak 2019 wc and how imam was 100x an improved player over his 2019 days and how imam is a great opener in an already talentless nation

I kept telling him how imam's fitness had declined given his weight, how imam's rate of making centuries declined, how imam would flop in 2023 very badly and mamoon outright denied everything.

Then come 2023, imam flopped hard, and Mamoon's excuse was, well other teams are stronger now, which is ironic, since literally 1 week prior he never brought this up.

Even now with the whole different time, different place excuse.

Edit: Reason I posted this is because during this talk and time he was critising babar and I distinctly remember him doing so while praising imam, as well as praising imad, now its the opposite.

@topspin

I remember I had an argument with mamoon on Imam as well, he kept telling me how Pakistan 2023 was far superior to pak 2019 wc and how imam was 100x an improved player over his 2019 days and how imam is a great opener in an already talentless nation

Mamoon is capable of such gems. Anything to drive an agenda and drive a conversation.

I kept telling him how imam's fitness had declined given his weight, how imam's rate of making centuries declined, how imam would flop in 2023 very badly and mamoon outright denied everything.

Then come 2023, imam flopped hard, and Mamoon's excuse was, well other teams are stronger now, which is ironic, since literally 1 week prior he never brought this up.

After the 2023 WC “I promise Imam will come good”.

Mamoon is capable of such gems. Anything to drive an agenda and drive a conversation.

After the 2023 WC “I promise Imam will come good”.
2023 > 2019 team can be debunked by the fact that 2019 eng > 2023 eng by miles and 2019 pak beat 2019 eng albeit via an upset whereas 2023 pak got humiliated by eng, afg etc etc.

The bowling was a joke compared to 2019 bowling, so was the batting. The fact that we went with Imam, Abdullah, Babar, rizwan, saud as our top 5 shows how bad the order of 2023 was before fakhar came in and changed things up.

2023 > 2019 team can be debunked by the fact that 2019 eng > 2023 eng by miles and 2019 pak beat 2019 eng albeit via an upset whereas 2023 pak got humiliated by eng, afg etc etc.

The bowling was a joke compared to 2019 bowling, so was the batting. The fact that we went with Imam, Abdullah, Babar, rizwan, saud as our top 5 shows how bad the order of 2023 was before fakhar came in and changed things up.

Also Pakistan beat Afghanistan but yes to go from beating the bonafide WC winners to losing against them when they’re past it in Asian conditions was embarrassing. This is best example of why Babar isn’t fit to captain Pakistan but his biggest cheerleader wants him to be reinstated 🤣

Also Pakistan beat Afghanistan but yes to go from beating the bonafide WC winners to losing against them when they’re past it in Asian conditions was embarrassing. This is best example of why Babar isn’t fit to captain Pakistan but his biggest cheerleader wants him to be reinstated 🤣
Tbf, afg in 2023 were alot stronger then their 2019 counterpart.

Tbf, afg in 2023 were alot stronger then their 2019 counterpart.

Possibly. But what I will say is an in form Imad, like we saw in last year’s PSL 2023, could’ve saved Babar that day.

That’s why the outcome of Eliminator 2 was so good to see. Sweet Revenge for Imad.

Babar and his fans left giving nazar to him.

Possibly. But what I will say is an in form Imad, like we saw in last year’s PSL 2023, could’ve saved Babar that day.

That’s why the outcome of Eliminator 2 was so good to see. Sweet Revenge for Imad.

Babar and his fans left giving nazar to him.
Not really, our whole batting collapsed and pur bowlers didn't do much, one man wouldn't have made a difference.

Blame babar for not including fakhar.

Hafeez and malik despite being mediocre are proper allrounders and middle order bats that made a huge difference in 2019.

So imad didn't just win 3 psl games in a row? For his team?
I have no issue if you make him stick to these 2nd and 3rd tier leagues. That’s his maximum ceiling and he can do whatever he wants in these leagues.

Just keep him out of international cricket which is not his cup of tea.

I have no issue if you make him stick to these 2nd and 3rd tier leagues. That’s his maximum ceiling and he can do whatever he wants in these leagues.

He has experience playing in Caribbean conditions. Infact i also want PCB to contact Shoaib Malik

Right because shadab and nawaz are brilliant international standard allrounders.

Imad is still retired and I am pretty sure he won't be considered until he takes his retirement back. If he wants to play, he should do it asap and then PCB can select him for the Home t20 series against NZ. Still have to see if can carry his form in internationals as well before hyping him for the World Cup.

The fact that you’re raving about this innings has once again exposed your special appetite for mediocrity.

In case you’ve forgotten, Babar faced all those deliveries but still fell short of a strike rate of 80.

Only deluded Babar fans would hype up this innings as if it’s one of a kind.

Haris Sohail player a blinder. His innings took NZ out of the contest. If he was dismissed for a low score, Pakistan would’ve fallen short because even after his contribution, the match went to the final over.

Even average (and some below average) players have more memorable knocks than what Babar has managed.

The only reason why you’re making a big deal out of this hundred is because you don’t have anything else that’s worthy of mention.

Also, I remember very well when you used to bash @Mobashir when he used to express admiration for this innings. This is hypocrisy at its finest. I don’t know what’s happened to you over the last 12 months but you’ve lost all credibility.

Going bhangra over an innings that falls below a strike rate of 80 isn’t something I would’ve expected from you in 2014, let alone in 2024.
The fact that you and @mominsaigol are being dismissive of an unbeaten 101* in a 238 run chase on a slow and sluggish pitch because the SR was below 80 shows that you know absolutely nothing about cricket but we know that already.

Whether a SR is low or high entirely depends on the context of the match. On that pitch, Pakistan needed one of its top four batsmen to bat through the innings. This is exactly what New Zealand top order failed to do.

Babar absorbed pressure like a sponge and him arriving to the crease in the 3rd over and batting through the end was the reason why Pakistan won the match, but fools obsessed with SRs won’t understand the value of the innings.

A 50 in 40 balls would have been a useless innings in that context and Pakistan would have lost the match.

Haris also played an excellent innings and you may not understand this but batting partnerships work in pairs. Babar’ resilience allows Haris to play with freedom; if Babar had been dismissed, Haris would have had to play anchor and someone else would have been tasked with playing a counterpunch innings.

@Mamoon let me ask you this, why didn't Bobby play a clutch innings against afg? Why did imad have to? Weren't they playing in the same game?
An ordinary player can outperform a superior player in a given match, series, tournament etc.

Both Imad and Babar made their debuts in the same year (2015).

10 years later, when you look at where Babar is and where Imad is, it is clear to see that Babar has outclassed Imad in 90% of the matches that they played together.

Back