[EXCLUSIVE] "You never know, I can take my retirement back": Imad Wasim

Again, at the end of the day they were just comments. Imad can be just as wrong as anyone else.
Does fan following really matter that much? I would take an unpopular guy who can win matches over a popular guy who can't any day ofthe week.
What imad and Amir said about Babar was correct though? I don't get what imad said was wrong?

All it does is make him toxic, but it doesn't make him incorrect? I don't mind toxic people who speak the truth since everyone needs someone like that In their life who'll Slap them and wake them up to reality, not coddle them 24/7.

He highlighted why Babar was failing asa captain and why Babar was bad as a t20 opener and why babar's comments in being a t20 anchorer are beyond silly.

Nothing wrong with what he said, Pakistani fans need to stop being hypocrites, ironic that people are claiming imad is toxic while simultaneously planning revenge and spamming clown emojis 😂.

At the end of the day, Babar had the authority to pick his own team and overrule decisions. He went out of his way to ensure Nawaz would play over Imad. That is just unforgivable. It's no different to Gareth Southgate picking Jordan Henderson for the England team.

An excellent case in point. Another example, also from Australian cricket, is Michael Clarke who referred to Shane Watson as a "tumour".

What I admire about the Aussies is they don't care about their personal differences when they were playing together. They're just built different. Relatively speaking, Pakistani players are massive snowflakes.

You look at Imran Khan and Javed Miandad. They hated each other but still used to consult with one other when it came to devising strategies on how they would dismiss a batsman.

Fast forward 40 years and now Pakistan cricket is adopting Misbah's school of thought. How tragic.
Misbah got hated by the seniors in the team but he didn't get into any conflicts with them, only with juniors like sarfraz etc.

Babar and rizzu just do whatever they want so much so that they've literally wrapped their cult fans around their finger.

The problem with misbah was thinking he Is batman, and a central theme of batman stories are always that he becoming a shining Knight of Gotham ironically caused more problems then solutions, since all he did was cause criminals to get smarter and 100 more criminals started popping up every singe day, whereas he could have just used his billionaire resources to replace the corrupt xops with good ones and given them his own resources and problem would have been solved.

Misbah was the same, the world needed his wisdom and education to make good decisions and help Pakistan cricket, but misbah was too stubborn thinking of himself as the saviour and instead just nuked everything.

Babar amd rizwan are different. Rizwan is the joker causing chaos and babar is more akin to the court of Owls lol.

I disagree, Babar isn't untouchable, fans get mad the moment any player says a single word about Babar.

Fakhar got mistreated for years and made statements that simply weren't true even acknowledging that Abdullah, Imam, rizwan and Babar should be frontline openers over him since saya Duo wanted fakhar gone.

Fakhar was too afraid to speak up but imad isn't. He has every right to bash Babar and people need to realise that Babar is not a god who cannot be questioned. If Babar doesn't want any criticism then he needs to learn from rohit and kohli, those 2 do not care and let their bat do the talking.

Nor do they try to get the crowd involved and hide behind the cult following, if anything they keep super quiet on the media to the point that that fans aren't even aware of any so called drama like the sanju sampson drama in wc 2023.
From what I recall he has said a number of things. My question is why? Why would you say any of that even if it was true? You are a centrally contracted player who could be selected to play with that very same player...under his captaincy. You are not a pundit or an ex-player who isn't affiliated with any organization. By criticizing his captaincy you are also criticizing your employer the PCB and questioning their decision-making. Tell me would you go and publicly state your opinion about your co-worker that you didn't like? You don't have to like Imad as a person or defend his unprofessional comments to acknowledge that is a clutch player with a champion mentality.

Again, at the end of the day they were just comments. Imad can be just as wrong as anyone else.
Does fan following really matter that much? I would take an unpopular guy who can win matches over a popular guy who can't any day ofthe week.
they were not just some comments your brush under the carpet and laugh about. No.

There is a world cup going on, and you decide to go on a tv show to bash your captain and make fun of him? In no other sports that is acceptable, you cant just bash your captain and than expect everything to be normal. Plus, the person who you are sitting with when bashing is a convict, that made Imad look more terrible.

Fan following is what leads you to endorsements and franchises keeping you.

No matter who you are and who your captain is, you cant go around bashing and insulting him on national tv that to during a world cup.

Shahid Afridi was everything, but once a captain would be announced the guy would never go around bashing him in public.

Brother fans went go go ga ga when nonsense statements like "Babar is no less then Don Bradman were made"

But the moment any critics say anything negative about Babar everyone erupts.

Comments such as " Babar was the best captain and player this tournament "

Or

" Babar is the king of the world"

Are such braindead and cringe worthy statements that it makes me realise why we're such a backward nation.

This is exactly what came to my mind when I was reading Mamoon's pro-Babar propaganda earlier today. According to him, Babar is player and captain of the tournament. :ROFLMAO:

From what I recall he has said a number of things. My question is why? Why would you say any of that even if it was true? You are a centrally contracted player who could be selected to play with that very same player...under his captaincy. You are not a pundit or an ex-player who isn't affiliated with any organization. By criticizing his captaincy you are also criticizing your employer the PCB and questioning their decision-making. Tell me would you go and publicly state your opinion about your co-worker that you didn't like? You don't have to like Imad as a person or defend his unprofessional comments to acknowledge that is a clutch player with a champion mentality.
Yes I 100% would, it happens in the workplace all the time and a good hr team handles it diplomatically.

Have you ever heard of a HR team just say, No he is my favourite, How dare you speak, You are fired, Muahahahahah bye bye.

All this drama speaks of how immature the pcb is, nothing to do with imad.

This is exactly what came to my mind when I was reading Mamoon's pro-Babar propaganda earlier today. According to him, Babar is player and captain of the tournament. :ROFLMAO:
Just analyse babar's captaincy in the last game and his game in 2021.

- He was unable to calm the team down and instead proceeded to shout at the whole team which led to drop catches and overthrows, in contrast look at how someone like Dhoni handled pressure. Heck kohli use to pull a babar and this led to India getting nuked by Pakistan and NZ, so kohli just stepped down and gave cool and calm rohit captaincy.

- He randomly gave jamal an over and didn't choose yaqoob when jamal was getting smacked left and right in a pressure moment.

- The saim move that he praises so much, wasn't a calculated act of god, it was a heavy heavy gamble and granted captains like Dhoni have also gambled in the past before like having ishant sharma bowl the ct 2013 final, but these captains gambled once and only once.

Babar kept and kept using saim ayub as a gamble and eventually luck would have run out.

- His own batting at barely over a 100 sr also caused alot of problems

^^ All this nonsense happened in 2021 as well and in 2022 and In 2023.

How is this good captaincy? Whenever I ask mamoon this, he just says, It's an imad thread, I will not answer, like lmao, you're the one who brought this up in an imad thread 😂😂.

Just analyse babar's captaincy in the last game and his game in 2021.

- He was unable to calm the team down and instead proceeded to shout at the whole team which led to drop catches and overthrows, in contrast look at how someone like Dhoni handled pressure. Heck kohli use to pull a babar and this led to India getting nuked by Pakistan and NZ, so kohli just stepped down and gave cool and calm rohit captaincy.

- He randomly gave jamal an over and didn't choose yaqoob when jamal was getting smacked left and right in a pressure moment.

- The saim move that he praises so much, wasn't a calculated act of god, it was a heavy heavy gamble and granted captains like Dhoni have also gambled in the past before like having ishant sharma bowl the ct 2013 final, but these captains gambled once and only once.

Babar kept and kept using saim ayub as a gamble and eventually luck would have run out.

- His own batting at barely over a 100 sr also caused alot of problems

^^ All this nonsense happened in 2021 as well and in 2022 and In 2023.

How is this good captaincy? Whenever I ask mamoon this, he just says, It's an imad thread, I will not answer, like lmao, you're the one who brought this up in an imad thread 😂😂.

I remember over the years, this guy would go out of his way to bash Babar when used to engage in debates with a certain Babar fan (I think his name was Mobashir on PP). Now all of a sudden, he's calling him world class and compared him to a Ferrari. When he said that, I was thinking, more like a Ferrari with a Skoda engine. :rolleyes:

His shift in sentiment on Babar is so sus.

I remember over the years, this guy would go out of his way to bash Babar when used to engage in debates with a certain Babar fan (I think his name was Mobashir on PP). Now all of a sudden, he's calling him world class and compared him to a Ferrari. When he said that, I was thinking, more like a Ferrari with a Skoda engine. :rolleyes:

His shift in sentiment on Babar is so sus.
Different time, different place, different person, different era, different multiverse.

What imad and Amir said about Babar was correct though? I don't get what imad said was wrong?

All it does is make him toxic, but it doesn't make him incorrect? I don't mind toxic people who speak the truth since everyone needs someone like that In their life who'll Slap them and wake them up to reality, not coddle them 24/7.

He highlighted why Babar was failing asa captain and why Babar was bad as a t20 opener and why babar's comments in being a t20 anchorer are beyond silly.

Nothing wrong with what he said, Pakistani fans need to stop being hypocrites, ironic that people are claiming imad is toxic while simultaneously planning revenge and spamming clown emojis 😂.
Criticizing your teammates on TV, before you even retire, is how you destroy the locker room environment. This would never happen in any other sport without receiving some sort of discipline from the team or being benched.

I don't mind toxic people who speak the truth since everyone needs someone like that In their life who'll Slap them and wake them up to reality, not coddle them 24/7.

If it was real criticism he would have spoken to him in private. Instead he went to a TV show to gossip.

There’s a difference between random people posting on forums and cricket players talking trash about their co workers who they have to share a locker room with.

Yes I 100% would, it happens in the workplace all the time and a good hr team handles it diplomatically.

Have you ever heard of a HR team just say, No he is my favourite, How dare you speak, You are fired, Muahahahahah bye bye.

All this drama speaks of how immature the pcb is, nothing to do with imad.
Going on TV to get paid to trash your co workers is different than privately reporting something to HR. In any sport, going on TV and trashing your teammates is unthinkable. Even doing it in any other cricket team is unthinkable - these kind of things only happen in Pakistan.

Also, at the end of the day, Babar has never said anything about Imad and Amir and he has zero reason to care what they say. Babar is the biggest superstar in Pakistani cricket in many years. Imad is a league cricketer who left and turned down playing international cricket so he could play T10 and Amir will be mostly remembered for spot fixing. Babar, on the other hand, is one of the most famous people in all of Pakistan who will play for at least another 5 years in all formats.

KP was a bigger player than Imad, but once he became toxic his board did not tolerate him one bit.

You cant just go on tv bash your captain and than expect things to be normal.

Criticizing your teammates on TV, before you even retire, is how you destroy the locker room environment. This would never happen in any other sport without receiving some sort of discipline from the team or being benched.

If it was real criticism he would have spoken to him in private. Instead he went to a TV show to gossip.

There’s a difference between random people posting on forums and cricket players talking trash about their co workers who they have to share a locker room with.

Going on TV to get paid to trash your co workers is different than privately reporting something to HR. In any sport, going on TV and trashing your teammates is unthinkable. Even doing it in any other cricket team is unthinkable - these kind of things only happen in Pakistan.

Also, at the end of the day, Babar has never said anything about Imad and Amir and he has zero reason to care what they say. Babar is the biggest superstar in Pakistani cricket in many years. Imad is a league cricketer who left and turned down playing international cricket so he could play T10 and Amir will be mostly remembered for spot fixing. Babar, on the other hand, is one of the most famous people in all of Pakistan who will play for at least another 5 years in all formats.
Babar's reputation doesn't per say matter at this point tbh. And being famous doesn't give you a right to not be questioned.

As for TV, what else was inad suppose to do? Get the fakhar zaman treatment.

The saya corps is beyond corrupt and the sooner you realise that they are the worst thing to ever happen to Pakistan cricket, the better.

In a TV show, Mohammad Hafeez praised Imad Wasim for his consistent all-round performances, he said:

"When you gain confidence in cricket, it reflects in your body language. If you observe Imad Wasim's performances in the last three matches, he appeared like a composed player. If you look at his bowling variations tonight he confidently bowled slower deliveries and also attempted a few quick ones which are his natural variety, Utilizing the conditions well and taking 5 wickets was remarkable."

"He didn't just bowl well with the new ball in fact, he bowled quite effectively with the old ball too. He utilized conditions very well but his later spell where he bowled with variations was particularly special to watch."

"I felt quite happy seeing a player who couldn't make an impact in the tournament early on. He patiently waited for his opportunity and when he got it, he executed quite well, putting on a one-man show to single-handedly win the tournament for Islamabad."

"If you observe, he performed in all crucial matches especially the knockout ones and he earned back-to-back Man of the Match awards."

They can hate all they want. How will history remember Imad?

-CT winner under Sarfaraz
-PSL winning captain after intentionally benching Rizwan, not succumbing to outside pressure to play him.
-Laying Truth Bombs on Babar and Rizwan on TV and social media, following it up with a stellar PSL performance with the bat where he achieved an average and strike rate (batting in the middle) which Babar and Rizwan can only dream of if forced to bat outside of the powerplay.

These guys can hate, Imad can keep collecting his cheques. As if he gives a damn.
And history will again remember you for once again lifting the PSL trophy with 4 excellent performances for Islamabad United, your home town and defeating the Saya Corporation duo once again!

And history will again remember you for once again lifting the PSL trophy with 4 excellent performances for Islamabad United, your home town and defeating the Saya Corporation duo once again!
umm, you do know Shadab was the captain?

Off course he is. One fluke innings when smashing Usama mir doesn't make you good. Shaheen has more runs than him this psl
Does Shaheen still have more runs? Babar has the most runs actually…but Imad has 3 MOM awards which lead to a PSL trophy.

People are forgetting how many memes people were making on babar's tiktok videos and how twitter was laughing that a captain was crying during the World Cup.

This whole babar being a goat will once again get clowned on.

Short term memories of people I swear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares? Imad was the man. He is the one that will be remembered as the clutch player of the tournament.
when KK won the PZ, Babar was scoring for them right?
i just find it interesting how you choose to remember captain Imad for that but not Babar, but in this situation its all Imad but not captain Shadab.

You need to stick to one argument.

Has babar ever won a psl trophy? Or anything?

As captain, he's never won a PSL trophy, nor has ever won anything for the Pakistan Men's and U19 sides.

Has babar ever won a psl trophy? Or anything?
this argument is weird. Cause shadab was the captain.

If you are going to attribute this psl trophy to Imad, than would you be ready to attribute the KK PSl trophy to Babar?

Babar's reputation doesn't per say matter at this point tbh. And being famous doesn't give you a right to not be questioned.

As for TV, what else was inad suppose to do? Get the fakhar zaman treatment.

The saya corps is beyond corrupt and the sooner you realise that they are the worst thing to ever happen to Pakistan cricket, the better.
What does getting “Fakhar Zaman treatment” mean?

What else was Imad supposed to do? Well for one, he should have made his criticism in private to the team management or to the players rather than gossip on TV for money. Why are you pretending as if Imad is some brave truth teller? He abandoned international cricket to play T10 despite being called personally by Hafeez to sign a central contract and not retire. Imad was rightfully dropped after a string of bad performances, including an average T20 WC showing and a bad PSL run as well. He was only gone for a short amount of time when he was reselected. He even played the T20 series against New Zealand last year.

As for the Saya Corps conversation, @Major already did many posts explaining how much that was overblown. Many of our main players are not even represented by Saya Corps, players like Shadab, Naseem, and Haris Rauf were all represented by different agencies. Players like Abrar Ahmed were represented by Saya Corp yet did not get selected.

Regardless, I’m not sure what Saya Corp has to do with Imad going on television to destroy team chemistry by criticizing his current team mates.

As captain, he's never won a PSL trophy, nor has ever won anything for Pakistan Men's and U19 sides.
Oh so that's why he's the best captain ever, he's the only captain capable of such an achievement 😂😂. Then again rizwan is his contender.

What does getting “Fakhar Zaman treatment” mean?

What else was Imad supposed to do? Well for one, he should have made his criticism in private to the team management or to the players rather than gossip on TV for money. Why are you pretending as if Imad is some brave truth teller? He abandoned international cricket to play T10 despite being called personally by Hafeez to sign a central contract and not retire. Imad was rightfully dropped after a string of bad performances, including an average T20 WC showing and a bad PSL run as well. He was only gone for a short amount of time when he was reselected. He even played the T20 series against New Zealand last year.

As for the Saya Corps conversation, @Major already did many posts explaining how much that was overblown. Many of our main players are not even represented by Saya Corps, players like Shadab, Naseem, and Haris Rauf were all represented by different agencies. Players like Abrar Ahmed were represented by Saya Corp yet did not get selected.

Regardless, I’m not sure what Saya Corp has to do with Imad going on television to destroy team chemistry by criticizing his current team mates.
Major defends Saya Corporation because it indirectly will also deflect attention to ICA (Misbah’s agency) and how they have also exploited Pakistan cricket in their time.

I don’t expect you to understand this, you will also defend something you know deep inside to be wrong.

Oh so that's why he's the best captain ever, he's the only captain capable of such an achievement 😂😂. Then again rizwan is his contender.
You try to portray yourself as someone who is reasonable and sticks to arguments but you’re joining @topspin to try to make it personal about me/make fun of my username rather than any of the points that I made.

You try to portray yourself as someone who is reasonable and sticks to arguments but you’re joining @topspin to try to make it personal about me/make fun of my username rather than any of the points that I made.
Huh? I didn't make any comments about you? Or address you?

Nor did I make fun of your username?

Edit: I read the comment above and understand the confusion, I didn't say anything about you, but I get the confusion my bad.

The best entry in this thread was @Usman Chadda who claimed Saim’s bowling had closed the door on Imad’s return.

My man entered the royal rumble like Santino Marrella and was eliminated in one second by Kane

But regardless, you’ve spent a week making 100s of posts about Imad Wasim, along with your friends @mominsaigol and @Rana who you desperately start tagging in every thread whenever someone says something you disagree with.

But regardless, you’ve spent a week making 100s of posts about Imad Wasim, along with your friends @mominsaigol and @Rana who you desperately start tagging in every thread whenever someone says something you disagree with.

I obviously came across in a bad way, so my bad bro. I take it back.

In one thread one of them even went as far saying that Imad should be given player of the tournament on the basis of 3 games and ignoring the whole tournament. Its funny how people bash others for blind support than end up doing the same.

Everyone has a cricket opinion and no one will ever be in agreement in 100%, that doesnt mean you start getting personal.

Imad Wasim stands for something. He stands for the truth in an era where falsehood has been portrayed as correct.

He will forever be remembered as the man who stood up and spoke the truth, whilst others (like Fakhar, Hassan Ali and Sarfaraz) bowed their head and nodded along. He is a very important character indeed.

Huh? I didn't make any comments about you? Or address you?

Nor did I make fun of your username?

Edit: I read the comment above and understand the confusion, I didn't say anything about you, but I get the confusion my bad.
I saw the edit you made you on this post and no worries maybe just a misunderstanding. I disagree with you plenty of times and even disagree with @Rana when it comes to Sarfraz and Rizwan related discussions but the discussion usually still remains cordial.

I obviously came across in a bad way, so my bad bro. I take it back.
It’s fine then, we can just agree to disagree. I take back what I said as well, I just don’t like when discussions become personal for no reason rather than just addressing the points about the players.

I’m not like an Imad Wasim hater, I wanted him back in the team before he announced his retirement. I just don’t think active players should commentate on such matters on TV shows because I believe it damages team chemistry but we can agree to disagree on that.

It’s fine then, we can just agree to disagree. I take back what I said as well, I just don’t like when discussions become personal for no reason rather than just addressing the points about the players.

I’m not like an Imad Wasim hater, I wanted him back in the team before he announced his retirement. I just don’t think active players should commentate on such matters on TV shows because I believe it damages team chemistry but we can agree to disagree on that.
What Imad did was highly important. Someone had to step up and expose the truth. You can’t keep seeing things being done in the wrong way and also notice no one is trying to correct them.

*Babar and Rizwan can play as anchor openers in T20. Chairman Ramiz Raja doesn’t care, he’s allowing them to do whatever they want. Select whoever they want, as long as they are their friends

Good on you Imad, you spoke up!

What Imad did was highly important. Someone had to step up and expose the truth. You can’t keep seeing things being done in the wrong way and also notice no one is trying to correct them.

*Babar and Rizwan can play as anchor openers in T20. Chairman Ramiz Raja doesn’t care, he’s allowing them to do whatever they want. Select whoever they want, as long as they are their friends

What effect did it have to though? It did not change anything. Imad ended up going and congratulating Babar after his 100 earlier this season as well which Babar did as an opener.

If Imad wants to help Pakistani cricket then he should take his back retirement and play as opposed to going for league cricket imo.

In normal circumstances, I agree active players should avoid public criticism of their colleagues.

But I would happily make an exception for Imad for two reasons:
  • It was a pressing matter that needed to be addressed because Babar was taking the best interests of the team and he probably felt at the time, the best way to do this would be to press the alarm button. Babar was being selfish and the team revolved around his clique as opposed to any real meritocracy. The results were there for everyone to see when the 2023 WC campaign ended in tears for Babar and his side
  • Wasim Akram and Simon Doull echoed the same sentiments as Imad regarding Babar's selfishness

In normal circumstances, I agree active players should avoid public criticism of their colleagues.

But I would happily make an exception for Imad for two reasons:
  • It was a pressing matter that needed to be addressed and he felt at the time, the best way to do this would be to press the alarm button. Babar was being selfish and the team revolved around his clique as opposed to any real meritocracy. The results were there for everyone to see when the 2023 WC campaign ended in tears for Babar and his side
  • Wasim Akram and Simon Doull echoed the same sentiments as Imad regarding Babar's selfishness
I think I just view it a little differently. I do not think Imad Wasim was doing it to ring the alarm bell. If I remember correctly, it was Amir who made comments first and Imad Wasim mostly just agreed with him after Amir said those things.

I think it’s possible he had already decided he was going to retire and thus did not really care at that point. I think it’s okay if Wasim Akram/Simon Doull make those comments, even if I disagree with them, since they’re not playing for the Pakistani cricket team.

But also, I think it all has kind of blown out of proportion. Imad went and congratulated Babar after his 100 and I think they will make up if Imad comes back from retirement.

I saw the edit you made you on this post and no worries maybe just a misunderstanding. I disagree with you plenty of times and even disagree with @Rana when it comes to Sarfraz and Rizwan related discussions but the discussion usually still remains cordial.

You can disagree with me as much as you want, no worries. I don't really mind disagreements, PP would be boring if everyone agreed with me XD.

The misunderstanding was probably because he mentioned your name in the above comment and I replied with making fun of babar's captaincy, so I can understand why you probably thought I targeted that towards you.

So I apologise but my sentence was targeted just towards babar only, nothing related to you, so I apologise if you felt it that way, but I didn't say anything about genuinely nor did I make any personal attack behind your back.

If you read all my comments before, I haven't even ever mentioned you or @ you, I only talk to you when you reply to me or when I reply to you directly.

You can disagree with me as much as you want, no worries. I don't really mind disagreements, PP would be boring if everyone agreed with me XD.

The misunderstanding was probably because he mentioned your name in the above comment and I replied with making fun of babar's captaincy, so I can understand why you probably thought I targeted that towards you.

So I apologise but my sentence was targeted just towards babar only, nothing related to you, so I apologise if you felt it that way, but I didn't say anything about genuinely nor did I make any personal attack behind your back.

If you read all my comments before, I haven't even ever mentioned you or @ you, I only talk to you when you reply to me or when I reply to you directly.
No hard feelings bro, I think it was a misunderstanding from my end. I take back whatever I said if my tone also came across as too harsh or anything.

No hard feelings bro, I think it was a misunderstanding from my end. I take back whatever I said if my tone also came across as too harsh or anything.
Lol, you didn't say anything harshly, you had every right to get angry if you think someone is insulting.

Regardless, about your comment above comment, on saya, I forgot to respond to that? Would you still like me to continue? Or would you want it to rest here for now?

Lol, you didn't say anything harshly, you had every right to get angry if you think someone is insulting.

Regardless, about your comment above comment, on saya, I forgot to respond to that? Would you still like me to continue? Or would you want it to rest here for now?
You can respond if you wish to about the Saya Corp situation but no problem if not because it may start a whole new discussion.

My view is just that it was a conflict of interest for Inzaman to part of that that company while also being Chief Selector so I am glad he resigned, but I think overall the team that’s been selected in recent times is about the team that would have been selected regardless. If anything, I wish another player represented by Saya Corp, Abrar Ahmed, was selected earlier. But to be completely honest I did not look into the situation that much so maybe I’m just missing something.

You can respond if you wish to about the Saya Corp situation but no problem if not because it may start a whole new discussion.

My view is just that it was a conflict of interest for Inzaman to part of that that company while also being Chief Selector so I am glad he resigned, but I think overall the team that’s been selected in recent times is about the team that would have been selected regardless. If anything, I wish another player represented by Saya Corp, Abrar Ahmed, was selected earlier. But to be completely honest I did not look into the situation that much so maybe I’m just missing something.

More will be revealed in due time, to the public, atm its still speculation but both sided have validity in what they claim.

More will be revealed in due time, to the public, atm its still speculation but both sided have validity in what they claim.
Yeah I’m not sure about the extent of the investigation that was conducted but PCB should have paid some high quality third party to conduct a thorough investigation and have the results released. This may be what they did, but like I said I did not pay too much attention to the situation so I’m not sure.

Guys, I request all of you to not get personal with anybody. Just stay and topic and we are good.

this argument is weird. Cause shadab was the captain.

If you are going to attribute this psl trophy to Imad, than would you be ready to attribute the KK PSl trophy to Babar?
I would under the condition that others aren't hypocritical and acknowledge both sides and not just say silly comments such as imad is the worst thing ti happen to psl while babar is the best thing.

I'm here to expose these types of nonsense arguments. But I am always going to be fair.

Imad is the main contributing factor of this uears psl however babar is the contributing factor for KK which imad was still captain of.

So that's still 2 points in favour of imad vs 1 point I'm favour of babar.

What a performance from Imad especially when it mattered the most.

------------------------

Wasim Akram speaking during a TV show:

“The way Imad Wasim won the Man of the Match in the last three matches, I would say his performance was exceptional. When they had to chase 229 against Multan, he scored 30 runs. Against Quetta in Eliminator 1, he took three wickets and scored 59 runs against Peshawar Zalmi in Eliminator 2, and in the final, he took five wickets and also scored 19 runs. In the last three games, the knockout games, he was the Man of the Match in all three. He is a proper Platinum player.”​

My question for you and other members is very simple.

Where was Imad’s criticism for Babar’s batting approach in T20s when Babar won him the PSL in 2020 and nearly repeated it a year later only to be let down by Imad himself and other players?

Babar’s approach to batting in the T20s was the same in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. Imad had no problems with it. In fact, he publicly praised the way Babar batted, but as soon as he got dropped from the national team, he started running his mouth.

This goes to show that his criticism of Babar was not genuine and it was not in good faith. It shows that he didn’t have a problem with Babar’s approach but rather, with the fact that he was dropped.

It made him look like a hypocrite that he is.

I would under the condition that others aren't hypocritical and acknowledge both sides and not just say silly comments such as imad is the worst thing ti happen to psl while babar is the best thing.

I'm here to expose these types of nonsense arguments. But I am always going to be fair.

Imad is the main contributing factor of this uears psl however babar is the contributing factor for KK which imad was still captain of.

So that's still 2 points in favour of imad vs 1 point I'm favour of babar.
There are no parallels between Babar’s performance in 2020 and Imad’s performance in 2024.

Babar was the MVP throughout the 2020 edition and dominated the tournament from the first day until the final, picking up the man of the tournament award and also the man of the match in the final.

Imad snored his way throughout the league stage and if other United players had slept their way like he did, they wouldn’t have made the play-offs in the first place because Imad fans might not know this, but you have to play well in the league to make it to the play-offs.

This is why Imad was not in the running for the player of the tournament award while it was a forgone conclusion in 2020.

Babar’s PSL 2020 was a million times better than Imad’s PSL 2024 and PSL 2023 showed that Imad the captain is nothing without Babar carrying him.

What truth? Imad exposed himself as the bitter hypocrite that he is.

Why didn’t Imad “step up” and “expose” the truth when Babar was winning him the PSL with the same anchor role?

Imad had no problem with Babar’s batting approach when he was carrying him to the PSL trophy. In fact, he praised his batting publicly numerous times.

Imad only had a problem with it once he got dropped from the national team which shows that his criticism wasn’t genuine and there was no truth behind his criticism. It was just his toxic agenda and his way of getting back at Babar.

Brother one thing I have learnt over the past few years is that rizzu and Babar cults have extreme short term memory.

In a few days they'll once again forget that this psl ever happened while still saying nonsense like

Imad averages 65, Babar achieved 10 wickets over India, imad made Babar cry on social media. Name one game where inad won for his team? Nawaz is the goat scoring 42 of 22 3 years ago. Trust me they'll say this again and again.
Don’t worry, Imad fans will try to sell the narrative that his 25 in 21 balls in the CT final, with just 2 boundaries and 7 runs in the last 10 balls was a groundbreaking innings that killed off India. 🤡

Lol Imad is a decent cricketer nothing against him but Amir is acting like Imad has single handedly won the WC for Pakistan. This is cringe-worthy Amir should be able to hide his dislike for Babar.
Amir and Imad never had an international career. It doesn't look good when they they take digs at our best cricketer in a decade.
Babar is a true ambassador of Pak cricket and gracefully ignored these aunties and should continue to do so when they start their gossip again on cheap TV talk shows

Mediocrity recognizes mediocrity.

The irony is that Babar is a greater cricketer than both combined.

History will remember Babar as one of, if not the greatest Pakistani batsman and a former captain.

History will remember Amir as a fixer who chickened out of international cricket at the age of 30 and never captained his country, while Imad would be lucky if the future generation of Pakistani fans even know his name.

Mediocrity recognizes mediocrity.

The irony is that Babar is a greater cricketer than both combined.

History will remember Babar as one of, if not the greatest Pakistani batsman and a former captain.

History will remember Amir as a fixer who chickened out of international cricket at the age of 30 and never captained his country, while Imad would be lucky if the future generation of Pakistani fans even know his name.
Crux of this entire debate 👍

Don’t worry, Imad cult will try to sell the narrative that his 25 in 21 balls in the CT final, with just 2 boundaries and 7 runs in the last 10 balls was a groundbreaking innings that killed off India. 🤡
Idk what's more surprising atm, that I predicted you'd eventually bombard me with messages and shove a clown emoji on me or I predicted exactly what message you'd write and bracket me into a cult lol.

Your thoughts and actions are so easy to read fam.

There are no parallels between Babar’s performance in 2020 and Imad’s performance in 2024.

Babar was the MVP throughout the 2020 edition and dominated the tournament from the first day until the final, picking up the man of the tournament award and also the man of the match in the final.

Imad snored his way throughout the league stage and if other United players had slept their way like he did, they wouldn’t have made the play-offs in the first place because Imad fans might not know this, but you have to play well in the league to make it to the play-offs.

This is why Imad was not in the running for the player of the tournament award while it was a forgone conclusion in 2020.

Babar’s PSL 2020 was a million times better than Imad’s PSL 2024 and PSL 2023 showed that Imad the captain is nothing without Babar carrying him.
None of that means anything. Theirs no point in addressing this 100x since any question I have asked you, you comvientally ignore and make excuses so their no point entertaining you anymore.

Regardless this whole argument falls flat when you realise that 2020 versions and 2024 versions do not equate to each other, claiming this player in the past did this and hence is 100x this player is a meaningless argument and just hinged on nostalgia.

Since 2020, Babar has consistently been subpar and was subpar throughout 2023, if you just listen to media claims, they went from praying him as the king who stood tall and above kohli to the guy with a dad bod who's medicore and simply cannot function decent enough as a t20 opener against wuakity bowling. Imad had an overall better psl 2024, what occurred in 2020 is as irrelevant as your own past statements of asking babar to be removed, claiming he's bang average against decent quality bowling to now treating him as your messiah and reaching for captaincy.

As I said, just like you, the past is irrelevant so kindly drop the past narrative. I'll still indulge and smack you on the past narrative 24/7 though, I don't mind doing it, but it's still completly redundant as your own past statements.

KP was a bigger player than Imad, but once he became toxic his board did not tolerate him one bit.

You cant just go on tv bash your captain and than expect things to be normal.
I don't think this is the same as the KP situation at all. KP did what he did behind the backs of the English players which was far worse than coming out and doing it publicly on TV.

My question for you and other members of Imad cult like @topspin and @CerebralPatriot is very simple.

Where was Imad’s criticism for Babar’s batting approach in T20s when Babar won him the PSL in 2020 and nearly repeated it a year later only to be let down by Imad himself and other players?

Babar’s approach to batting in the T20s was the same in 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. Imad had no problems with it. In fact, he publicly praised the way Babar batted, but as soon as he got dropped from the national team, he started running his mouth.

This goes to show that his criticism of Babar was not genuine and it was not in good faith. It shows that he didn’t have a problem with Babar’s approach but rather, with the fact that he was dropped.

It made him look like a hypocrite that he is.
You realise I can just steelman you on this front and claim where was your excessive praise for babar during those years and why all the sudden shift? Again all of this is completly irrelevant.

No one who's on the team will complain, they'll obviously complain if their dropped unfairly which imad 100% was replacing him for a bootleg version and not getting called to the odi squad despite outperforming Shadab and nawaz in NZ t20 series. Regardless of the 65 excuse imad wouldn't have done worse then 2 bowlers who have a habit of conceding over 80+ runs and can't pick up a single wicket, over a guy who clearly showed he was superior even In 2023.

Imam ul haq complained immensely when he was dropped for shan masood.

The whole why he didn't complain doesn't make him look like a hypocrite. I'd complain and attack if someone removed me and replaced me for an inferior version. Why on earth would I cause I scene if I'm in the team and doing my own part? What babar does wouldn't be any of my business as I'm not a captain.

Idk why I'm even writing these essays, you're still ignore 99% of the things I say and delusionally make me repeat on ad nauseum to keep a delusion that you're arguments are still up for debate.

Just like the psl 2024, it's over mate, GG.

I don't think this is the same as the KP situation at all. KP did what he did behind the backs of the English players which was far worse than coming out and doing it publicly on TV.
KP also had much superior players replace him, not have Fodder trash like nawaz replace em.

Personally I don't think its about being right and wrong. Its about conducting yourself in a certain way. And I think Imad didn't conduct himself very well here. But it isn't nearly as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. Everybody needs to move on and get over it and think about the future.

Personally I don't think its about being right and wrong. Its about conducting yourself in a certain way. And I think Imad didn't conduct himself very well here. But it isn't nearly as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. Everybody needs to move on and get over it and think about the future.
Trust me mate, the way pcb is structured and how corrupt it is, that's the only way to get attention.

Fakhar and many other players like Abdul razzaq in the last have gotten treated like trash because they were softies.

This isn't a great Western system, but I do agree imad has attitude problems however again this goes back to the past past narrative that people desperately hold on to, while having amnesia on their good accomplishments. Lol

Trust me mate, the way pcb is structured and how corrupt it is, that's the only way to get attention.

Fakhar and many other players like Abdul razzaq in the last have gotten treated like trash because they were softies.

This isn't a great Western system, but I do agree imad has attitude problems however again this goes back to the past past narrative that people desperately hold on to, while having amnesia on their good accomplishments. Lol
Don't even get me started on the PCB. They are so deluded with their 'represent Pakistan or else' strategy that they will eventually run off everyone as soon as these guys realize PCB holds zero power over them and they can just go and play T20 leagues if they don't like the PCB's overbearing behavior. Just like Imad did.

If you don;t change your strategy for managing players and differentiating white ball guys from red ball guys and all format guys then you are still stuck in the past. And there will only be more problems with players in the future.

vs MS chasing 229:
◾️30* (13) in a must-win game

vs QG in Eliminator 1:
◾️3-12 to dent their chase

vs PZ in Eliminator 2:
◾️59* (40) while chasing

vs MS in the Final
◾️5-23 & then 19* (17) in the chase

Imad Wasim, match-winner supreme 🫡

He clearly turned up in crunch games unlike Babar’s “match winner” Nawaz.

Even Babar failed in the crunch matches in PSL 9.

Imad should be brought back.

You realise I can just steelman you on this front and claim where was your excessive praise for babar during those years and why all the sudden shift? Again all of this is completly irrelevant.
No you can’t. I am not Babar’s teammate. I am an outsider who doesn’t have a horse in this race. Whether I praise or criticize Babar does not impact me in any way but it did impact Imad.

The point is that Imad had no problems with Babar’s approach to batting in T20s when he won him the PSL and played with him in the national team under his captaincy, but the same playing style suddenly became a problem when he was dropped?

What does that tells us? It tells us that Imad’s criticism of Babar is not genuine and is fueled by bitterness and a toxic agenda because he was dropped. Ergo, people shouldn’t be heed to what Imad is saying because it is coming from a vested interest.

What does tell us about Imad’s character? It tells us that he is a toxic human being and isn’t genuine in his praise and criticism.
No one who's on the team will complain, they'll obviously complain if their dropped unfairly which imad 100% was replacing him for a bootleg version and not getting called to the odi squad despite outperforming Shadab and nawaz in NZ t20 series. Regardless of the 65 excuse imad wouldn't have done worse then 2 bowlers who have a habit of conceding over 80+ runs and can't pick up a single wicket, over a guy who clearly showed he was superior even In 2023.
There is nothing wrong in “complaining”. That is not even the point. You already know what the point is but you don’t want to address because you can’t.

Imad could have complained by simply stating that he deserves to play for Pakistan because of XYZ reasons and he didn’t deserve to be dropped. Had he done that, it wouldn’t have been a problem.

A lot of players complain about getting dropped. It is understandable. However, Imad decided to take a different route.

As an outcome of his inflated ego, he didn’t want to come across as needy and desperate. He didn’t want to give the impression that he is really eager to play for Pakistan.

Instead, he decided to take a different route and started criticizing Babar’s playing style even though he didn’t have a problem with the same playing style previously when he was playing with him and when he won the PSL because of that playing style.

Gullible fans fell for this appraisal of Babar’s performance as genuine criticism but those of us who can see beyond our nose could clearly tell that the reason and the agenda behind this criticism and could see through the act.
Imam ul haq complained immensely when he was dropped for shan masood.
Again, there is nothing wrong with complaining about getting dropped. It is perfectly okay. If Imam thinks that he is a better opener than Masood and deserves to play ahead of him, he has the right to complain.

Similarly, if Imad thinks he is better than Nawaz and deserves to play ahead of him, he has the right to be upset and complain.

Again - it is not about complaining. It is about what you are complaining about. Imam would come across as a blithering hypocrite if he praises Masood’s batting approach and then starts criticizing the same approach the minute he is dropped.

Imad’s problem is not Babar’s batting approach in T20s. His problem is that he was dropped from the team. He decided to peddle this narrative because he didn’t want to create the impression that he is desperate to play for Pakistan.

This is precisely why he did this retirement drama as well, he wants to give out the impression that he doesn’t care if he is picked or not, and gullible fans like yourself fell for it like nine pins.

The whole why he didn't complain doesn't make him look like a hypocrite. I'd complain and attack if someone removed me and replaced me for an inferior version. Why on earth would I cause I scene if I'm in the team and doing my own part? What babar does wouldn't be any of my business as I'm not a captain.

Idk why I'm even writing these essays, you're still ignore 99% of the things I say and delusionally make me repeat on ad nauseum to keep a delusion that you're arguments are still up for debate.

Just like the psl 2024, it's over mate, GG.
Once again, complaining and attacking someone doesn’t make you a hypocrite. What you complain about and what is your method of attack dictates whether you are hypocrite or not.

Imad wouldn’t have exposed himself as the toxic hypocrite that he is if his complaint centered around getting dropped from the team for a player that he deemed inferior.

He wouldn’t have exposed himself as the toxic hypocrite that he is if his mode of attack centered around the idea that Babar was unfair to him and there was an agenda to keep him out.

Instead, in order to massage his ego and give the impression that he is not desperate to play for Pakistan, he decided to attack Babar’s batting approach in T20s even though it was the same approach that Imad used to praise previously and it was the same approach that helped him win the PSL as captain.

Imad wasn’t wrong to complain, criticize or even attack Babar. He simply chose the wrong strategy and exposed himself as a hypocrite and he deserved to be criticized for it.

Yes Mamoon, Mediocrity recognises mediocrity?

This was actually nice to see. Babar has a lot of respect for Kohli because Kohli is a role model for him and someone Babar can learn from to improve his batting.

Kohli responded by saying “Thank you. Keep shining and rising. Wish you all the best”

What is embarrassing is Amir licking Kohli’s boots on Twitter over and over again even though Kohli never bothers to reply to any of his Tweets.

Kohli is a smart man. He can see that Amir panders to him because of his hatred for Babar and I’m certain that Kohli has seen those Tweets where Amir praised Kohli but the real intention was to mock Babar.

No wonder Kohli ignored those Tweets and never responded them even though Amir tagged him directly.

On the other hand, he replied to Babar because he could tell that Babar wasn’t driving an agenda and was being genuine.

Kohli is a genuine guy. Genuine people acknowledge genuine people but they will not fall for agendas so it is not surprising that Kohli didn’t take Amir’s bait on Twitter and never will.

Coming out on tv is far worse.

This was actually nice to see. Babar has a lot of respect for Kohli because Kohli is a role model for him and someone Babar can learn from to improve his batting.

Kohli responded by saying “Thank you. Keep shining and rising. Wish you all the best”

What is embarrassing is Amir licking Kohli’s boots on Twitter over and over again even though Kohli never bothers to reply to any of his Tweets.

Kohli is a smart man. He can see that Amir panders to him because of his hatred for Babar and I’m certain that Kohli has seen those Tweets where Amir praised Kohli but the real intention was to mock Babar.

No wonder Kohli ignored those Tweets and never responded them even though Amir tagged him directly.

On the other hand, he replied to Babar because he could tell that Babar wasn’t driving an agenda and was being genuine.

Kohli is a genuine guy. Genuine people acknowledge genuine people but they will not fall for agendas so it is not surprising that Kohli didn’t take Amir’s bait on Twitter and never will.
Kohli only respects Amir and Imad on his level. All the others are just kids to him. It was Imad who arranged for Babar to meet Kohli for the first time. Kohli especially came to Amir to gift him a cricket bat. So I am not sure where you got this impression of Kohli ignoring Amir lol

Shouldn't the discussion be about Imad vs Nawaz rather than Imaf vs Babar?
I've been trying so hard to actually get the topic to why imad was unfairly replaced by nawaz and why imad > Nawaz anyday.

Yet for some reason I'm forced to discuss and talk about Babar because babar doesn't leave anyone's mouth 😂😂.

But it's because imad made comments against Bobby and somehow those comments equate to these players having a vs battle against one another .

Mohammad Hafeez applauded Imad's brilliance yesterday :

"In the game of cricket, when you gain confidence it also reflects from your body language. In the last 3 matches, Imad looked composed the way he batted and bowled. He bowled slow and quick deliveries with his natural variations. He not only bowled well with the new ball but also with the old one so this thing is really beneficial for his career. So really happy that an individual who looked dull in the entire tournament when he got his confidence back, he performed well and become an all in all player"

Kohli only respects Amir and Imad on his level. All the others are just kids to him. It was Imad who arranged for Babar to meet Kohli for the first time. Kohli especially came to Amir to gift him a cricket bat. So I am not sure where you got this impression of Kohli ignoring Amir lol
Kohli might be friendly with Imad like he is with pretty much every Pakistani cricketer, but I highly doubt if he respects Imad’s cricketing career because ordinary players like Imad are found in every nook and corner of India and he eats such bowlers for breakfast.

Kohli also respects Amir as a bowler, they have had some excellent battles, but he Kohli has paid no heed to Amir’s bootlicking on Twitter because Kohli understands that Amir’s bootlicking on Twitter is a veiled attempt to mock Babar.

Shouldn't the discussion be about Imad vs Nawaz rather than Imaf vs Babar?
It was always beyond Imad v Nawaz

I like Imad, but I don’t hate Nawaz. I really like Nawaz too. I actually said a few times that he can be Pakistan’s Shakib Al Hassan if he puts his mind into it. He is a good cricketer.

It is about Imad v Babar. Babar knew exactly what he was doing with Imad out of the picture.

@Rana

Let’s make one thing clear - Imad is not worth the dirt on Kohli’s shoes so how will he view Imad on his level?

Imad wont even make the Indian D team. India have the likes of Krunal Pandya and Washington Sundar who are far superior than him and these guys can’t even break into the Indian side.

Deluded Imad fans probably think he is the Pakistani version of Jadeja or something.

Back