Fiber Bats vs Wood Bats for Tape Ball Cricket

ahsanimtiaz53

Debutant
Runs
Hi guys, I play in an indoor tape ball league, and my team has a lot of Fiber Bats that they use because it is really light. I personally like using wooden bats because I feel that they are stronger, and I also think that the ball would ping off of it more. I know it's a bit heavier. My question to all of you is, which bat type is better? Fiber or Wood?

Hi guys, I play in an indoor tape ball league, and my team has a lot of Fiber Bats that they use because it is really light. I personally like using wooden bats because I feel that they are stronger, and I also think that the ball would ping off of it more. I know it's a bit heavier. My question to all of you is, which bat type is better? Fiber or Wood?

I would say Fiber, fiber just gets the ball to have better timing no matter where the ball makes contact to it, unlike wood where you need to have a lot of power or get it in the middle to make the ball go a distance.

I would say Fiber, fiber just gets the ball to have better timing no matter where the ball makes contact to it, unlike wood where you need to have a lot of power or get it in the middle to make the ball go a distance.

Ok brother, thank you!

I will add here that using a fiber bat almost feels like cheating. You still need to know what you're doing to hit the ball but when you see your mishits flying way over the boundary and that unique "THUD" sound when it comes off the middle - it will feel a bit cheap. If it were up to me I wouldn't want anyone else using fiber bats in games I'm playing in, but if the other team is using them then you would be handicapped if you didn't use them yourself.

Back