"First, Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal need to decide whether they want to play cricket or not": Sarfaraz Ahmed

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Sarfaraz Ahmed during a press conference:

"Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad should have definitely played in the Champions One Day Cup if they want to play cricket. First, they need to decide whether they want to play cricket or not. I think both are excellent players, there's no doubt about it. They have played excellent cricket for Pakistan and domestically. It's their personal decision."

"There should be a combination of senior and junior players in cricket. We should remember that senior players have earned their place, whether it's in domestic or Pakistan team. They have worked hard to reach this position. Nowadays, the trend is to bring in young players, but young players will make their own place when they will perform like senior players."

"There is still talent in Pakistan cricket, and it needs to be identified."

"I hope things will improve with the Pakistan team. Obviously, we all need to work together on this. It's a collective effort, and we need to support the team. And yes, it's a tough time, but hopefully, good times will come too. And hopefully, the Pakistan team will make a comeback in world cricket and perform well."

"I am preparing for the fitness test, and if I am called for the fitness test for the Central Contract, I am available."

Why is this guy not captain? Why was he ever removed? If it because he can't speak fancy English?

Every sarfi interview is a normal interview.

No such nonsense as

We will honor arshad nadeem by losing to Bangladesh or I want no 4 or I am hailed as a famous finisher.

Sarfaraz Ahmed during a press conference:

"Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad should have definitely played in the Champions One Day Cup if they want to play cricket. First, they need to decide whether they want to play cricket or not. I think both are excellent players, there's no doubt about it. They have played excellent cricket for Pakistan and domestically. It's their personal decision."

"There should be a combination of senior and junior players in cricket. We should remember that senior players have earned their place, whether it's in domestic or Pakistan team. They have worked hard to reach this position. Nowadays, the trend is to bring in young players, but young players will make their own place when they will perform like senior players."

"There is still talent in Pakistan cricket, and it needs to be identified."

"I hope things will improve with the Pakistan team. Obviously, we all need to work together on this. It's a collective effort, and we need to support the team. And yes, it's a tough time, but hopefully, good times will come too. And hopefully, the Pakistan team will make a comeback in world cricket and perform well."

"I am preparing for the fitness test, and if I am called for the fitness test for the Central Contract, I am available."

I am sure Shehzad does not to play for Pakistan anymore and Umar Akmal needs to reconcile with the ground reality too.

Good statement. Had it been misbah or someone else giving this statement hell would had broken here.

More support from Sarfraz for his Gladiator team mates. Yet Misbah will get the blame for bringing them back

Umar Akmal's career should had ended right after the 2016 World T20 (or which ever one it was), where he went straight upto Imran Khan and asked him to do his sifarish to Afridi to play him up the order.

That was the height of idiocy of Umar and that small clip exposed his mentality.

I am sure Shehzad does not to play for Pakistan anymore and Umar Akmal needs to reconcile with the ground reality too.
yeah Umar Akmal really needs to reconcile with reality after doing this photoshoot lol

q4bxK3s.jpeg

Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal are done. Ahmed will turn 33 years next year and Umar Akmal 35 years.

Ahmed Shehzad has accepted reality and he is focusing more on his You Tube Channel and Talk shows. He is preparing for his post cricketing career life.

Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal are done. Ahmed will turn 33 years next year and Umar Akmal 35 years.

Ahmed Shehzad has accepted reality and he is focusing more on his You Tube Channel and Talk shows. He is preparing for his post cricketing career life.

Pakistan shouldn't go back to oldies. Better to find youngsters and develop them.

Malik and Hafeez retirements and nobody to replace them is the reason why we have declined.

Shadab and Imad didn't step up.

I have accidentally watched one recent video of Ahmed Shehzad for few mins and noticed he is a man with poisonous character, he is rude and full of arrogance. This guy has managed to play 81 ODIs with SR of 72 and 59 T20Is with SR of 114.7 despite no improvement, he was good for few years in the initial phase of his career only, but thereafter he badly failed. The way he is now ridiculing fellow players and board publicly is unprofessional and unethical as well, he is an ex-cricketer not a fan. Players with such attitude must be identified in the early stage and should kept away from playing cricket at any level.

I have accidentally watched one recent video of Ahmed Shehzad for few mins and noticed he is a man with poisonous character, he is rude and full of arrogance. This guy has managed to play 81 ODIs with SR of 72 and 59 T20Is with SR of 114.7 despite no improvement, he was good for few years in the initial phase of his career only, but thereafter he badly failed. The way he is now ridiculing fellow players and board publicly is unprofessional and unethical as well, he is an ex-cricketer not a fan. Players with such attitude must be identified in the early stage and should kept away from playing cricket at any level.
Don't be sad or upset, god has to provide for everyone. It is just a way of meeting financial obligations for him. He should be thankful to Pak team to give him chance of founding a new job.

Don't be sad or upset, god has to provide for everyone. It is just a way of meeting financial obligations for him. He should be thankful to Pak team to give him chance of founding a new job.
I feel sorry for this guy, he has to adopt these kinds of cheap tactics to earn his daily bread & butter. He will not gain anything by doing all such non-sense on social media. Unfortunately, we see this only in Pakistan cricket that unretired or dropped cricketers going at this level. In all other countries such players move on quietly for their own benefit instead of playing victim card

But Umar Akmal is saying opposite to it, he says PCB not allowed him to play in the Champions Cup because he is 34.

But Umar Akmal is saying opposite to it, he says PCB not allowed him to play in the Champions Cup because he is 34.
He said they were being cloak and dagger about how much opportunity they want to give him, it was like they didn’t really want him to play this. He did an interview on Samaa TV recently.

I fully sympathise with him. Pakistan cricket has tried soooo many rubbish players in the middle. The two cowards Babar and Rizwan hide as openers whereas they should be playing the middle order…why is Umar Akmal being treated like garbage in comparison to all those failures?

Last edited by a moderator:
He said they were being cloak and dagger about how much opportunity they want to give him, it was like they didn’t really want him to play this. He did an interview on Samaa TV recently.

I fully sympathise with him. Pakistan cricket has tried soooo many rubbish players in the middle. The two cowards Babar and Rizwan hide as openers whereas they should be playing the middle order…why is Umar Akmal being treated like garbage in comparison to all those failures?
It's about Pakistan's mentality, that once someone is labeled as wrong, they have to face injustice forever.

Back