Former Under-19 player Tariq Mahmood - Where is he now?

I thought he was great in that under 19 World Cup. Think he was bowler of tournament . Unplayable he was. But 6 years down the line we don't even know if he still plays cricket . Big loss

Where is this guy now? Had heard a lot about him before.

The last I heard he was playing a bit of club cricket after being released by KRL a few years ago.

Sadly he did not have the connections that you need in Pakistan cricket. He had issues with his action which needed working on, but it seems that no coach in Pakistan was capable of doing that.

This connections excuse rings hollow at times when you see that 90% of the Pakistan national team cricketers come from very humble backgrounds.

This connections excuse rings hollow at times when you see that 90% of the Pakistan national team cricketers come from very humble backgrounds.

Yes, I agree. This connections thing is grossly overrated. Performance will get you picked no matter whether you have 100 connections or 0. If this guy wasn't able to get into the team, it's probably because he wasn't good.

Agree in some cases it will have an impact but the majority of pak cricket players come from small cities/village.

Just look at hasan ali.
In the past we had shoain akhtar.

If your good and playing FC cricket there is no stopping 9 out of 10 times i believe.

Agree in some cases it will have an impact but the majority of pak cricket players come from small cities/village.

Just look at hasan ali.
In the past we had shoain akhtar.

If your good and playing FC cricket there is no stopping 9 out of 10 times i believe.

many examples man

Anwar Ali didnt have enough money to buy old shoes and only got his first pair when his U19 coach bought them for him

Hasan Ali youve mentioned

Shoaib Malik's father used to take him over 10km each day on a bicycle to play cricket at a ground

Mohammad Amir grew up in a village with no luxuries

majority of players post 90s are from such backgrounds but talent and hard work took them far

Id say in recent years only Shan Masood, Azhar Ali and Imad Wasim have had well off backgrounds

In domestic cricket, connections play a huge role, a guy like Moeed Shiekh or Arsal Shiekh would have never played for a club (forget FC team) had it not been a connection(Father). And we don't know how many relatives of Shakeel Shiekh are playing in domestics.

he was a big chucker.... not able to remodel his action.... so cannot be playing as a chucker

Back