Google fires 20 more workers after firing 28 staff members initially for their protests against cloud contract with Israel [Update on post#139]

Was it the right decision by Google to fire it employees for their humanitarian stand?

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
What else do you expect under an Indian CEO
====
Google has fired 28 employees following a sit-down protest over the tech giant’s contract to provide cloud computing and artificial intelligence services to the Israeli government

The terminations come after the group No Tech for Apartheid on Tuesday occupied Google offices in California and New York to protest the $1.2bn contract known as Project Nimbus.

Video of the demonstrations shared on social media showed police arresting employees in the office of Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian.

In a statement on Thursday, Google said that physically impeding employees and preventing them from accessing company facilities was a “clear violation of our policies and completely unacceptable behaviour”.

“After refusing multiple requests to leave the premises, law enforcement was engaged to remove them to ensure office safety,” a spokesperson said. “We have so far concluded individual investigations that resulted in the termination of employment for 28 employees, and will continue to investigate and take action as needed.”

Google also denied that the contract was related to weapons or intelligence services.

In a blog post, Google CEO Sundar Pichai issued a veiled warning to protesting employees.

“We have a culture of vibrant, open discussion that enables us to create amazing products and turn great ideas into action. That’s important to preserve. But ultimately we are a workplace and our policies and expectations are clear: This is a business, and not a place to act in a way that disrupts coworkers or makes them feel unsafe, to attempt to use the company as a personal platform, or to fight over disruptive issues or debate politics,” Pichai said. “This is too important a moment as a company for us to be distracted.”

No Tech for Apartheid accused Google of retaliation and said those fired included staff who had not directly participated in the protests.

“This flagrant act of retaliation is a clear indication that Google values its $1.2 billion contract with the genocidal Israeli government and military more than its own workers. In the three years that we have been organising against Project Nimbus, we have yet to hear from a single executive about our concerns,” it said in a statement posted on Medium.

Source: Al Jazeera

No wonder it happened, and who is the CEO of Google
“Video of the demonstrations shared on social media showed police arresting employees in the office of Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian.”

This would not go well as a protest in any business under any ceo.
You clearly have no idea about Texan Ceos.

Irrespective Larry Paige and Sergey itself are jewish with connections to Israel.

“Video of the demonstrations shared on social media showed police arresting employees in the office of Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian.”

This would not go well as a protest in any business under any ceo.
You clearly have no idea about Texan Ceos.

Irrespective Larry Paige and Sergey itself are jewish with connections to Israel.

Stop making ignorant generalisations, you’re not speaking on behalf of every ceo in the world. This certainly wouldn't be handled like this for each and every case.

Pretty stupid protests this, taking advantage of Google's famously relaxed work envirornment and thinking they can get away with wrecking an office. Thomas Kurian especially is one of the most valued employees at Google.

Stop making ignorant generalisations, you’re not speaking on behalf of every ceo in the world. This certainly wouldn't be handled like this for each and every case.
Please show me which ceo would allow this to happen when his office is occupied?
Google is literally founded by Jewish people with one having heavy relationship with Israel

Please show me which ceo would allow this to happen when his office is occupied?
Google is literally founded by Jewish people with one having heavy relationship with Israel

Am not going to make sweeping generalisations but I know for sure this isn’t handled for each and every case this way, I can only personally say I am aware of one example. But wont speak for the whole world.

Office and occupied lol….some are more bothered about that then what’s going on in Kashmir or Gaza, ah the poor poor little billionaire has a few more people in his office then he’d like. Spineless cowards out there.

Am not going to make sweeping generalisations but I know for sure this isn’t handled for each and every case this way, I can only personally say I am aware of one example. But wont speak for the whole world.

Office and occupied lol….some are more bothered about that then what’s going on in Kashmir or Gaza, ah the poor poor little billionaire has a few more people in his office then he’d like. Spineless cowards out there.
Spineless coward for doing his work?

Spineless coward for doing his work?

Who the insect?

I call all the people trying to create a sympathy campaign for him spineless cowards. There’s a lot more to life then feeling sorry for that pric£

Who the insect?

I call all the people trying to create a sympathy campaign for him spineless cowards
Lol you can just call me spineless coward, I maintain no way would this be allowed in any company where you go and occupy CEOs office.

Lol Entire Pakistan is dependent on America and China and here you are giving lecture to Indians bending over. The irony

Your people come here and demand us for a Visa and then they bend over for them daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol you can just call me spineless coward, I maintain no way would this be allowed in any company where you go and occupy CEOs office.
Insect slave mentality. And you act like lands were occupied, his women raped and children slaughtered, occupied office what a piece of crap 🤣🤣🤣

The mentality of some indians is to bend over.

For sure , hence so many change their names , morals or anything else to be liked or accepted . It’s no coincidence India was conquered easily more than once .

I once worked for a manager who came across aggressive, I told him you can only speak like this if you can back it up outside of work , he changed his tune .

Bosses or ceos will use the threat of firing you if you don’t conform or accept wrong , once you do this , it’s enslavement.

It’s probably better to move jobs every few years , it shows you aren’t here to be a lackey forever … unless of course you receive decent profit share .

You don’t bring politics in workplace.
You can have diverse views on political issues, however, you can’t use your views to disrupt/stop work.

Maybe a warning would have suffice instead of firing them. But the protestors should have been well aware of tolerance of any company’s work culture.

For sure , hence so many change their names , morals or anything else to be liked or accepted . It’s no coincidence India was conquered easily more than once .

I once worked for a manager who came across aggressive, I told him you can only speak like this if you can back it up outside of work , he changed his tune .

Bosses or ceos will use the threat of firing you if you don’t conform or accept wrong , once you do this , it’s enslavement.

It’s probably better to move jobs every few years , it shows you aren’t here to be a lackey forever … unless of course you receive decent profit share .

💯 You will get more respect that way to, in our world now people are realising more and more you can’t push Pakistani’s around, Indian’s on the other hand you can punch them about for laughs because they will willingly toe that company line regardless of whether or not it is right and in return they will still get treated bad

You don’t bring politics in workplace.
You can have diverse views on political issues, however, you can’t use your views to disrupt/stop work.

Maybe a warning would have suffice instead of firing them. But the protestors should have been well aware of tolerance of any company’s work culture.
Yeah they should had just said to the Ceo - “ I’ll see you outside” because it seems to work for British Pakistanis

Yeah they should had just said to the Ceo - “ I’ll see you outside” because it seems to work for British Pakistanis

They are kids who haven’t worked in big corporates.
With Shaz you can debate or talk about wrestling but discussions about corporates isn’t his forte.

Where did he say I will you see you outside, what part of standing up for yourself is lost on you

Imagine KKWC saying it to the Facebook CEO who is a Judo expert and does competitons in his free time.

The thing is he might be a Judo expert but he will never retaliate with violence. That’s why he is the CEO.
The people who bark the loudest are generally the ones who have no bite in reality.

Where did he say I will you see you outside, what part of standing up for yourself is lost on you
You don’t read the posts you reply to or like?

Acting like Pakistan didn't get conquered by every tom, dick and harry either. Hell, you guys are still conquered by US, China and Saudi 7 decades after independence

The thing is he might be a Judo expert but he will never retaliate with violence. That’s why he is the CEO.
The people who bark the loudest are generally the ones who have no bite in reality.

Because using judo on unhappy employees makes sense or worse, firing them and flushing down the investment down the drain, thick insects

None of these people have ever worked at a mega corporation, its not the same as working in some corner shop

Good on Google to kick out those activists. If they had so much issue with Google's partnership with Israel, they could've simply resigned and moved on. But they instead decided to protest in office building and rightly got arrested and laid off.

Woke Google finally showing some spine and not bowing down to social media and woke bullies. They are doing something after their Gemini AI fiasco which refused to show a picture of a white person.

I am grateful to god for giving me a functional, stable family

It was fair enough to expel the sit down protestors, but feels like doing further investigations then firing 28 employees might have been something of a witch hunt. Were they actually involved in the protests?

The irony is that these Google employees, living paycheck to paycheck under a Jewish owner, are protesting against them and end up losing their jobs. Bunch of jokers. :ROFLMAO:
Majority think its Indian ceo’s fault coz clearly they can’t blame the Jewish owners as they use google throughout the day.

Google employees should have protested Israel contract by publicly proclaiming they would only be using DuckDuckGo from now on for their private daily searches. I don't think Google CEO would have objected to that. Why trash an office ? :sneaky:

Why are you so angry at indians all the time, did your indian boss underpay you.

If he did, than that's a terrible thing to do but no need to hate all indians for that

Indian people should worry about pay, why do they beg for a visa here because you treat your own scum like crap. I employ Indian people for scraps and treat them better than your own kind, be careful or the whip will come out.

“ I told him you can only speak like this if you can back it up outside of work , he changed his tune .”

Every other poster noticed this response except you. Your hatred for Indians is beyond normal levels now.

I didn’t overlook that but you interpreted that post as British Pakistani’s looking for a fight opposed to standing up for yourselves. I don’t hate Indians I’ve employed them and also helped them find accommodation in the UK. And that’s rich coming from your group who spew hatred towards Muslims and support all the narratives which justify genocide and baby killing.

Majority think its Indian ceo’s fault coz clearly they can’t blame the Jewish owners as they use google throughout the day.

You are still crying about Indian office occupation and not Israeli real life one 🤣🤣

Google employees should have protested Israel contract by publicly proclaiming they would only be using DuckDuckGo from now on for their private daily searches. I don't think Google CEO would have objected to that. Why trash an office ? :sneaky:
Google is known for its soft on approach to Woke bullies. So these activists thought they could get away as Google will ignore this once again. But it backfired badly.

I have never denied Israel’s genocide of Palestinians, when the agression started my posts are there to see.

I can have different opinions on different subjects.

Indian people should worry about pay, why do they beg for a visa here because you treat your own scum like crap. I employ Indian people for scraps and treat them better than your own kind, be careful or the whip will come out.
British indians are the wealthiest community in the UK, nobody's going around asking you for jobs.

I have never denied Israel’s genocide of Palestinians, when the agression started my posts are there to see.

I can have different opinions on different subjects.

Alright fair play there, majority of you support it though.

You’re entitled to that though I disagree with generalisations.

The irony is that these Google employees, living paycheck to paycheck under a Jewish owner, are protesting against them and end up losing their jobs. Bunch of jokers. :ROFLMAO:
This is specifically against Project Nimbus.

If they don't like Google's client they can quit Google.

How many such stories you got?

No one is afraid of you outside.

Pakistanis are near the bottom of the economic ladder in UK, Indians are near the top. No ones asking you for a job.

Beg for a visa? Right now UK is negotiating a trade deal with India.

It may be. If I don't like my company's client i quit the company. I don't occupy the CEOs office and start a protest.
Emotions are running very high across the world due to Gaza and Middle East conflict. Its not simply about liking a company.

Pakistanis are near the bottom of the economic ladder in UK, Indians are near the top. No ones asking you for a job.

These sorts of arguments are stupid, that maybe so but there are many British Pakistanis that are wealthy and high up in the socio-economic ladder same as some Indians will be poor.

I personally know loads within my own circle. Porsches, big houses, top jobs, nice areas, travelling etc. But as I say, these are inconsequential arguments.

These sorts of arguments are stupid, that maybe so but there are many British Pakistanis that are wealthy and high up in the socio-economic ladder same as some Indians will be poor.

I personally know loads within my own circle. Porsches, big houses, top jobs, nice areas, travelling etc. But as I say, these are inconsequential arguments.

The Indians who keep harping on about Pakistanis being at the bottom of the ladder are actually showing up their slave mentality here. How? Because perhaps they don't realise that Pakistanis are actually usually doing a lot better than it looks as a lot of them are self employed and don't declare their earnings. This is actually true of most self employed people regardless of their ethnicity.

Of course you will never EVER hear an Indian dare to mock white English people who actually do suffer poverty, and live in deprived council estates. Why? Because they know they must salute the British Raj even today.

And? So is Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and so on - what's your point?

The founders have nothing to do with this, but the CEO does, and we all know the Google CEO has close ties with Hindutva stooges in India, and said stooges with Isreal.

The only ladder you are close to in the UK is the one that leads right inside a Gora’s behind. Don’t comment on the economic landscape of places you can never hope to live in, you can beg like dogs but wont get the passport. A trade deal which involves enslaving your people. And also, we still have the Koh-i-noor, the British Raj will keep it safe for you.

The Indians who keep harping on about Pakistanis being at the bottom of the ladder are actually showing up their slave mentality here. How? Because perhaps they don't realise that Pakistanis are actually usually doing a lot better than it looks as a lot of them are self employed and don't declare their earnings. This is actually true of most self employed people regardless of their ethnicity.

Of course you will never EVER hear an Indian dare to mock white English people who actually do suffer poverty, and live in deprived council estates. Why? Because they know they must salute the British Raj even today.
Yep again, was going to mention, many are self employed, especially around where I live, loads have their own businesses, probably more so than Indians (joining in with the assumptions here) who will be mainly employed such as in health sector and IT.

As I said this chest thumping is a moot point. I mean who really cares which group is the wealthiest, look after no.1. I would also say that for many British Pakistanis, true wealth is sought in the afterlife, not in chasing material wealth of the world.

As an Indian origin American this war/conflict doesn’t affect me directly even though don’t endorse innocent deaths regardless of country or religion. Having said that, excellent decision by Google. Get to work or if you want to protest, leave. That’s exactly the way it should be. In fact there should be a database of people who indulge in these meaningless political protests that doesn’t involve them during job hour for any future applications too. Well done Google. You have respect.

And? So is Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, and so on - what's your point?

The founders have nothing to do with this, but the CEO does, and we all know the Google CEO has close ties with Hindutva stooges in India, and said stooges with Isreal.
Good try.. because you saw the papers of termination.

Good try.. because you saw the papers of termination.
Irrelevant. What was your point though? Did you have one?

Founders of Google do not manage the day to day operations, the CEO does.

You can pretend there is no link between Google CEO and Modi.

Unsurprising how you defend free speech but when an Indian CEO pulls the plug, you are all up for it.

It's very tough to understand what the fuss is.

These guys didn't want to work in a company that helped an immoral regime like the Israelis which is why they protested so agressively.

Google say no reason to forgo legal business and profits and didn't want to employ folks who protested it's strictly legal decisions so agressively so it fired them.

The guys will find new jobs in say non-profits that will not act immorally and Google will find new employees that don't value morals over profits and legality.

It's win-win for both sides.

Unsurprising how you defend free speech but when an Indian CEO pulls the plug, you are all up for it.
You think Founders are not involved in getting Project Nimbus

Free speech is occupying CEO’s office and not letting others work?
Are you confused about what’s free speech, anyone in America can protest

SSshhh, let them indulge in their echo chamber. They think
True, there are elements of some British Pakistanis which we ourselves find reprehensible but by and large we are, god willing, improving our lot and progressing professionally. Its amusing that the parosis think Pakistanis are sat at every street corner meekly asking for change. The delusions of some (on both sides).

SSshhh, let them indulge in their echo chamber. They think
NR Pakistanis live like the corrupt Pakistani establishment..lol.
True, there are elements of some British Pakistanis which we ourselves find reprehensible but by and large we are, god willing, improving our lot and progressing professionally. Its amusing that the parosis think Pakistanis are sat at every street corner meekly asking for change. The delusions of some (on both sides).
Read the original argument which was about Indians begging.

No one took potshots at Pakistanis first.

Read the original argument which was about Indians begging.

No one took potshots at Pakistanis first.
will this one upmanship ever cease…

I work with many South Indians in the UK, let me tell you, we work, talk and socialise like Brothers and Sisters. We earn our daily dollar (so to speak) and go home, rinse and repeat.

Come cyberspace time, then superhero costume be legana hai..lol

The Google guys who got sent down the road should have chosen their battle wisely. Some times just not worth it.

My one question here, if Google had made the same cloud agreement with Khalistan group in Canada and the Indian employees would have resigned in response. Then would you guys had stand with your business model mantra??

Never

Emotions are running very high across the world due to Gaza and Middle East conflict. Its not simply about liking a company.

That's not Google's problem TBH.

Businesses don't run on emotions. As long as there are no sanctions on Israel, companies will do business with them. A few employees won't be able to stop it, but they may lose their jobs.

At the end of the day Google or such corporations are profit making private enterprises.

The only ladder you are close to in the UK is the one that leads right inside a Gora’s behind. Don’t comment on the economic landscape of places you can never hope to live in, you can beg like dogs but wont get the passport. A trade deal which involves enslaving your people. And also, we still have the Koh-i-noor, the British Raj will keep it safe for you.

I understand your frustrations. You belong to the group which is near the bottom of the economic ladder. You want to beat your chest trying to show off but you get shown the mirror.

Brit Indians are better off and have a better reputation when it comes to criminal activities.

Trying to hang onto with Brits wont help you, you are still a Pakistani for us Indians.

My one question here, if Google had made the same cloud agreement with Khalistan group in Canada and the Indian employees would have resigned in response. Then would you guys had stand with your business model mantra??

Never

India and Pakistan were literally at war in 2019, didn't see any indian asking Google to stop services in Pakistan.

Try to get in touch with reality.

Not many if any are going to stop doing business with Israel because of their war in Gaza.

A few million Muslims and their few supporters aren't going to get anything from any western nation. Israel has far more influence and is far more important.

Lol as if the Indian CEO has anything to do with it.

You are free to leave Google and find employment elsewhere .

I understand your frustrations. You belong to the group which is near the bottom of the economic ladder. You want to beat your chest trying to show off but you get shown the mirror.

Brit Indians are better off and have a better reputation when it comes to criminal activities.

Trying to hang onto with Brits wont help you, you are still a Pakistani for us Indians.

If you think Indians are top of the ladder in the UK then someone should have sent the memo to the Indian ladies. You know this already of course, just look at all successful Indian women in the country and the choices they make.

Unfortunately joshila bhai, this sentence only betrays your serfdom to the British. You don't have the nuts to confront the British Raj so you can only compete with Pakistan. Your inferiority complex revealed by your own words. :haha

Back