Google fires 20 more workers after firing 28 staff members initially for their protests against cloud contract with Israel [Update on post#139]

Was it the right decision by Google to fire it employees for their humanitarian stand?

• Total voters
Pakistanis have this weird expectations that their view is the best view. And leftists have for years strenthened this along with islamists.

Pakistanis have always hated Indian Muslims for not starting a civil war in India over Kashmir.

I remember a few posters on PP were so sure that Indian Muslims will create law and order issues in India over Israel- Palestine issue. I see nothing.

Far leftists rags in India like The Wire tried to ignite some flames. Didn't work.

Basically if you are not supporting a muslim cause, you are bad.
One thing I can say, Indian Muslims don't create issues as long as their Prophet is not insulted by someone in the country. Which is one reason I feel bad when they are subjected to hate by our own countrymen. Indian Muslims in my opinion are by far the most law abiding ones in the world. Sure, there are isolated incidents, but that's true with any community in India. But they are mostly law abiding ones.

And I'm speaking of Indian Muslims, not illegal immigrants.​

You seem to be consistently missing the point and veering off on a tangent.

No one is demanding that Indians protest; we're simply attempting to comprehend and emphasize why some Indians seem to be searching for excuses to justify the Gaza genocide, especially when the rest of the Global South has also condemned it.
Maybe they are learning from Pakistanis and their silence regarding the Uighurs issue wrt china.

Want me post the cringe interview by PMIK?

While Pakistanis have demonstrated their readiness to take to the streets, as evidenced by their response to Imran Khan's removal and subsequent rallies, engaging in outright war against the establishment is a different matter altogether, at least for now, due to numerous factors.

What are these numerous factors ? There's only one factor, they're dead scared of their army.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pichai is exactly what is happening in India.

My weightings are far closer to reality than those of a Pakistani in UK.
So a CEO in America is the exact reality of India a country near the bottom of every metric.

Have you set one foot in America to claim that your weightings are more realistic?

Anyways, how exactly are we in India support to react? It's a war that does not involve us directly or indirectly in any way. Looks like some people expect us to create a mess of law and order in India much like some immigrants are doing in some of the countries in the West.​
I will address all the points raised in this post comprehensively rather than responding individually to each one. As the thread lengthens, a general response becomes more practical.

Never did I anticipate finding myself delving into discussions on the fundamental understanding of individual rights in the US. It's a concept most would assume is inherently understood, requiring no further elucidation. Yet, here we are compelled to engage in discourse on a topic that should be self-evident, or entirely irrelevant to the ongoing discussion, merely because certain individuals lack the intellectual capacity to effectively counter the points raised in this thread.

Similarly, I never envisioned having to elucidate elementary English concepts to individuals who boast proficiency in the language, often using it as a badge of superiority over the wider South Asian community.

The quoted comment I posted is from post #210.

"Undoubtedly, Sundar Pichai earned his position through his exceptional education, as have many other Indians. Generally, jobs in Western countries are awarded based on merit, regardless of nationality, whether it be Indian, Pakistani, Chinese, American, or otherwise. Yet, returning to the crux of the matter, which you and a few others may be struggling to grasp: if Sundar Pichai were to comment against Israel or speak out against the Gaza genocide, how long do you suppose he would remain CEO of Google?"

Regarding the explanation of "were to": This construction is frequently employed to discuss hypothetical or improbable scenarios, plans, intentions, or possibilities in the present or future. It often conveys a sense of conditionality or expectation that may not necessarily materialize. While akin to the conditional mood, it also carries connotations of uncertainty or improbability.

No one, to my knowledge, has compelled Mr. Pichai to take a stance on the Gaza genocide. Rather, he was cited as an example to underscore a point.

Furthermore, there is a fallacious notion being disseminated that Pakistanis expect condemnation of Israel from Indians Hindus, Indian Muslims, or any other religious group from India. The criticism here is directed towards Indians who oppose those condemning the Gaza genocide, prompting an exploration into why this opposition exists, particularly among certain Indian factions. The nucleus of this discussion lies not in dictating what stance Indians should adopt, but rather in scrutinizing those who oppose protests against genocide and condemnations of the Gaza atrocities.

Indians are entitled to support, condemn, remain neutral, or adopt any stance on any issue. However, none possess the authority to dictate how others should criticize or express dissent toward any individual or group.

Maybe they are learning from Pakistanis and their silence regarding the Uighurs issue wrt china.

Want me post the cringe interview by PMIK?
As a Pakistani, I unequivocally condemn the ongoing atrocities against the Uyghur population in China. Furthermore, I express condemnation towards the Pakistani government for maneuvering themselves into a position where they are unable to denounce China's mistreatment of the Uyghurs.

As a Pakistani, I unequivocally condemn the ongoing atrocities against the Uyghur population in China. Furthermore, I express condemnation towards the Pakistani government for maneuvering themselves into a position where they are unable to denounce China's mistreatment of the Uyghurs.
You are deflecting. Measuring by your stick, Pakistan and Pakistanis don’t seem to care much about what appears to systemic abuse of Uyghurs based on their religion .

Guess what pakistanis speak up for depends less on the values and more on what advantageous to them

One thing I can say, Indian Muslims don't create issues as long as their Prophet is not insulted by someone in the country. Which is one reason I feel bad when they are subjected to hate by our own countrymen. Indian Muslims in my opinion are by far the most law abiding ones in the world. Sure, there are isolated incidents, but that's true with any community in India. But they are mostly law abiding ones.

And I'm speaking of Indian Muslims, not illegal immigrants.​

I agree. But Sometimes they do get inspired by the stories of invading hordes and try to copy it. Like during Godhra or CAA.

You are deflecting. Measuring by your stick, Pakistan and Pakistanis don’t seem to care much about what appears to systemic abuse of Uyghurs based on their religion .

Guess what pakistanis speak up for depends less on the values and more on what advantageous to them
Sir, it's important to note that you and I are not personally acquainted.

The Pakistani population totals around 250 million individuals. I cannot claim to represent every Pakistani; my views are solely my own. Similarly, it might come as a surprise, but you do not speak on behalf of every Indian; your opinions are your own.

If you are suggesting that I criticize Pakistanis who support China despite its systemic abuse of Uyghurs, then my condemnation inherently includes those individuals.

Not only have I condemned China, but I have also criticized both past and present Pakistani governments.

If my condemnation of China falls short of your expectations, I regret to inform you that I am just an ordinary individual. My capacity extends only to voicing condemnation against China.

Back