Gray Nicolls Legend Bat Pictures

Knightrider

Local Club Regular
Runs
I took these pictures at my local shop Mapperley sports (www.cricketsales.co.uk)
Both bats are 2.9, good size profiles, nice narrow grains with some heartwood, lovely balance/feel and feather light pick up. They have an impressive selection of Gray Nicolls(all handpicked).
Please leave comments or ask any question(s) thanks

Pictures of (bat one)

GNLEGENDcricketsalesco1.jpg

GNLEGENDcricketsalesco2.jpg

GNLEGENDcricketsalesco5.jpg

GNLEGENDcricketsalesco3.jpg

GNLEGENDcricketsalesco4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good and thank you for these pictures it was pleasure looking at them.

I know Legend is top of the line in Gray Nicolls catalogue but the first bat which has blemish near the end is not a great thing to be honest. They should be perfect and these bats don't look perfect especially the first one.

i thought GN only made legends for andrew strauss

Thats not true.

I live in Australia and you can buy as many Legends as you like. The range has been in the shops long before Strauss started using those.

Most are much thicker and better grained than the bats being shown in these pics above.

Maybe they are making these in Australia- keeping the best ones here and sending all the not so great ones to UK :)

They are really expensive though and I would rather buy 3 Top grade bats from subcontinent for that price. Personal opinion though.

Great work Majid Bhai :14:

All of these bats look great and the profile is great, look quite meaty for its weight.

Thats not true.

I live in Australia and you can buy as many Legends as you like. The range has been in the shops long before Strauss started using those.

Most are much thicker and better grained than the bats being shown in these pics above.

Maybe they are making these in Australia- keeping the best ones here and sending all the not so great ones to UK :)

They are really expensive though and I would rather buy 3 Top grade bats from subcontinent for that price. Personal opinion though.

Bro, these are big bats, edges are over 35mm and both bats have around 15 grains

Thats not true.

ohhk thanks its because in some other thread that these bats are only made for him and no other international player can use it. BTW, lol i live in australia as well what part are you in

Your right we saw in the ashes that Australian players had bigger edges on their bats and 90% of the time they used the edges. We saw the ball many times flying of the edges into English players hands in the slip. I reckon most of the tight grains were near the edges this was making the ball carry more.

Last edited:
Thats not true.

One of Gray Nicolls UK bat maker read your post and he PM'd me his answers, here is his what he is saying in reply to your post;

"1. Both GN UK and GN Australia have the Legend range, however in the UK we have only just started making them for this years market. Australia have been running the range a lot longer.

2. They are made from our the highest 1% of willow (based on our own grading system)

3. Currently none of our International players need to endorse the range as the bats sell themselves! Andrew Strauss is the only player to have endorsed them and that was only for the warm up games and the 1st Test."

I really liked the Grey Nicolar Legend bat. Does anyone know it has low middle? is it the top of the line from GN OR Nitro LE is top of the line. BTW, Uzair, Thanks for approving me here..

Welcome to PP straightbat, have a nice time here.

Yes it is top of the line, the very best that GN has.I am not quite sure but I think the middle is in the very middle of the bat, edging on the low side. (Forgive the pun:D)

I really liked the Grey Nicolar Legend bat. Does anyone know it has low middle? is it the top of the line from GN OR Nitro LE is top of the line. BTW, Uzair, Thanks for approving me here..

Welcome to PP, it is great to have you here, I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

SB Bhai, yes Legend is the top top of the line bat in Gray Nicolls catalogue. The cleft used in Gray Nicolls is the best one as well and different from other clefts.

I don't think it is available in low sweetspot, I think one of the reason of that is because then pickup gets heavier and people won't buy it :S

No worries, pleasure having you here :)

Back