Guyana Amazon Warriors v Jamaica Tallawahs | CPL l 2/8/2013 | Commentary & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotham Cronie

Test Debutant
Runs
Some notable players in the squads:

Martin Guptill
Mohammad Hafeez
Sunil Narine
Ahmed Shehzad
Chris Gayle
Muttiah Muralitharan
Vernon Philander
Lendl Simmons
Andre Russell

Just under 30 minutes to go till we start proceedings.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ahmed Shehzad and Chris Gayle are expected to open the batting tonight in <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CPLT2013&src=hash">#CPLT2013</a>. Will Mohammad Hafeez open the bowling vs them? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23cricket&src=hash">#cricket</a></p>— PakPassion.net (@PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/PakPassion/statuses/363397244025700352">August 2, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Re: Guyana Amazon Warriors v Jamaica Tallawahs | CPL l 2/8/2013 | Commentary &amp; Discus

Gayle for century

Re: Guyana Amazon Warriors v Jamaica Tallawahs | CPL l 2/8/2013 | Commentary &amp; Discus

Jamaica bats first

Spoke to Shahzad an hour or so ago.. wished him luck. Hope he does well today

Atmosphere is no where near like Barbados here

Stands far away. And people reach late. But yeh pretty dead for a full stadium. Wait till Trinidad will be bigger than Barbados.

Teams............

Attachments

• 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 78
Shehzad and Gayle batting.... 4 runs in 2 overs!

This Santokie guy looks in good touch got 2 wickets in last match and he average less thn 12 with the ball in domestic T20s, 36 matches 68 wickets.

This Santokie guy looks in good touch got 2 wickets in last match and he average less thn 12 with the ball in domestic T20s, 36 matches 68 wickets.

Domestic bully

So 2 protease are playing too Philander and Rudolph

Shehzad disappointing again :/ can't time!! Just slogs

Shehzad gone.... bad shot...

Attachments

• 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 71
This guy got a domestic SR of 92 and playing at #3 for Jamaicain CPL

Aggressive batsman is gone LOL, really is hyped to the heavens for someone who does zilch. Guess BD can go to sleep now.

Gayle gone....

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 67
two was always on though. No excuse for Gayle's lethargic running

This Permaul guy got 3 wickets in last match...

I thought only 3 overseas players were allowed in the playing XI but Tallawahas have 4 .... why some teams are playing with only 3 ?

Is it because of lack of resources or abundance of resources ?

Re: Guyana Amazon Warriors v Jamaica Tallawahs | CPL l 2/8/2013 | Commentary &amp;amp; Discus

I thought only 3 overseas players were allowed in the playing XI but Tallawahas have 4 .... why some teams are playing with only 3 ?

Because not all teams have 3 foreign players. Has nothing to do with resources. Its who they chose in the draft. Max 4 there is no minimum

4 overseas players are allowed in the 15 men squad and all 4 can play at the same time.

Aggressive batsman is gone LOL, really is hyped to the heavens for someone who does zilch. Guess BD can go to sleep now.

ha ha ha ha ha

When ever Shahzad or Umar get out is all you think about is me? :))

Grow up. What's wrong with PPers atm?

Guyana is so damn dead. Full stadium and it feels empty.

Its gonna be interesting when Guyana bat. I wanna see Mr 17.13 bowling average's T20 skills

What is this crap batting. I wanted to see Gaylestorm, instead I got Faylestorm from the Tallawahs

Because not all teams have 3 foreign players. Has nothing to do with resources. Its who they chose in the draft. Max 4 there is no minimum

I think 4 players in a team would have made the teams more balanced and this could have resulted in more quality .

Is it me or this stadium is very quiet. ? For a sold out crowd they seem like they are watching a opera

I think 4 players in a team would have made the teams more balanced and this could have resulted in more quality .

Fair point. Should of been a mandatory 4 oversees. Makes sense

That was some lazy looking fielding. Atleast do something

Fair point. Should of been a mandatory 4 oversees. Makes sense

I don't think it is necessary to make it mandatory though.

It is just up to the franchises that how much money they want to spend.

I don't think any other reason for not signing more players if there is no money problem.

Re: Guyana Amazon Warriors v Jamaica Tallawahs | CPL l 2/8/2013 | Commentary &amp;amp; Discus

I don't think it is necessary to make it mandatory though.

It is just up to the franchises that how much money they want to spend.

I don't think any other reason for not signing more players if there is no money problem.

It was a draft not a auction. Money wasn't a issue. At least this season.

Edit. I think the players left nobody wanted them. Some Zimbabwe players etc

Last edited:
Unnecessary shot. Already had 13 off the over.

Anyway, the threatening trundler is in

My god the umpire wasn't going to refer it. How bad is this umpire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back